08

Love me again?

You settled yourself beside your dad who was chatting with the boys. “You guys hit off really well with my dad man.” You commented casually while replying your best friend, Min. “You’ve made really nice friends Junggie. Dad approves all of them. Especially…that one.” He whispered the last two words into your ears while glancing at Kris. You hit him on his arm, making him chuckle at your reaction. “Stop it dad. You guys need to stop teasing me with something that doesn’t even exist!”

“What doesn’t exist???” Sehun spoke up. “You and Kris hyung? Ah…. we can make IT exist.” He wanted to continue but you glared at him to shut him up.
“Uncle, is Hyojung always this fierce?” Sehun asked.
“Ah…our Hyojunggie….she can be quite scary when she’s angry though. Hmm…what’s your take on that darling?” your dad looked over at you.
“Yeah. Piss me off and I will not hesitate to murder you, Oh Sehun.” You replied.
“You guys are always bickering.” Luhan pointed out. “Are your friends or arch enemies?”
“We WERE friends. Not until he keeps teasing me over stupid things.”
“What STUPID things, Hyohyo?”
“Don’t call me that.” You snapped back almost immediately, staring at him. You sighed and excused yourself from the living room – my thoughts….they need to stop…

“Never mention Hyohyo in front of her, ok boys? She’s just really sensitive to that nickname. You guys can call her anything except that and don’t question her about it because even though she looks really tough, she will cry really hard if you question any further.” They nodded in unison upon hearing your father’s words except for Kris who was deep in thoughts. ‘But I called her hyohyo…. yesterday…no wonder she reacted so weirdly...’ “Boys! Dinner’s ready!” your mum called for them while you helped set up the table. ‘16 plates, utensils, cups and serviettes.’  You did a mental countdown before going back to the island to fetch the remaining dishes. “Need help?” Kris pointed at the remaining dishes on the island. “Nah, you’re the guest. Go sit over there and wait for your food.” You smiled and left for the island but Kris took the plate away from you swiftly and placed it on the dining table leaving you speechless. “Just let me help you.” He smiled and went into the kitchen – his actions were so natural, no one would have not doubted his relationship with you. 

After all the dishes were on the table, the boys began to fill the dining room – Boy was it crowded! “It’s been so long since we had so much guests over!” your mum exclaimed, smiling so brightly. “Eat eat eat” your mum rushed them. “We’ll eat well!” the 12 replied in unison. “Do you guys ever practice this… why are your so united?” you questioned while stuffing food into your mouth. “That’s because, We are ONE!” Suho commented. You gave him a look and nodded your head, “Ok….” Baekhyun laughed at Suho’s sudden explosion while Kyungsoo nearly choked on his food. “Kyungsoo oppa, eat slowly.” Hyerin who was placed in the center of Kyungsoo and Kai offered him a cup of water. “Aww…thank you Hyerin ah~” he pinched her cheeks and Luhan commented on how Hyerin would be a heartbreaker when she grows up, again.

Dinner wasn’t that bad as you thought it would turn out to be. The boys were such great sport, they made your family laugh so much – it actually warmed your heart. One by one the boys left, leaving Kris and your family alone in the house as he lived the closest, hence he decided to stay on for a little while. “How was the food, Kris? Did you enjoy it?” your mum asked. “Yup. It was really good aunty. Thank you for dinner.” He smiled and joined you in the living room. “Hey~” He said while plopping himself beside you. “Hey.” You replied him. Silence overtook the entire living room for a good long five minutes before Kris spoke up.

“mm…you know, about earlier on…”
“hmm?”  
“Sehun calling you hyohyo…” you remained silent for awhile before Kris starting probing into it.
“Sorry. I didn’t mean to call you that last night. I didn’t know that you…you didn’t like people calling you that.” He apologized.
“mm… it’s ok… you didn’t know anyway.” You answered while shuffling your feet.
“Can I ask why?” you looked at Kris for a long time before spilling the beans.
“My past…my ex-boyfriend used to call me that. He…he was everything, my everything. He’s my forever…no no, he used to be my forever but I guess….not anymore.” You sighed and continue fidgeting in your seat.
“Hey…I'm sorry to hear about that.” He placed his hands on top of yours, squeezing I gently. You looked up and smiled at him, “It’s ok… I'm fine. Or…I will be fine.”
Kris smiled, “You will be… I promise you. I'm here all right? Always here.”
You nodded and murmured, “I’ll be all right…I will be.” 


As promised! Second update!! ^^ 

xoxo readers. I love you guys a lot! <3