1.

To The Beautiful You

 

 

 

To The Beautiful You

 

 

 

When Taemin had said he wanted to go to a prestigious high school in Korea to meet his idol, he wasn't exactly expecting his parents to be like "okay, cool" and actually ship him to Korea. Out of his expectations range, really. 

 

But that's cool and all, Taemin is pleased with the turn of events. He can meet his idol, Kim Jonghyun and he's getting good schooling on top of that. All dandy, really. Except not really. 

 

The first problem he encounters is that as much as he loves Kim Jonghyun (which is a lot considering he moved from Canada to Korea for him) Kim Jonghyun is an idol, and idols are busy. Aside from the long stares everyone he passes gives him, and the fact he has to share a room with some rich bastard (even the hall monitor gave him a pitying look), everything is excellent.

 

Head craned backwards as wide eyes stare at the high roof tops painted with angels and large fluffy white clouds. Yunho, the hall monitor, is beside him with an adorning smile. "First time in such a fancy school?" 

 

Taemin bobs his head forward, a large out-stretched smile on his lips. "Yeah. It was worth it, I can tell." 

 

Yunho laughs kindly, stopping in front of one of the dark blue doors before stepping aside, "well let's just hope Minho doesn't change your mind." 

 

Taemin refrains from scoffing rudely to that, he highly doubts even the meanest of cold bastards would be able to get him to move. Considering he originally lives in Canada and Taemin is a tad bit too lazy to do the 10 or so hour flight again for the next 4 years. Jinki waves him a soft goodbye before tucking his clipboard under his armpit and marching away quickly. Refraining from sighing he pulls his giant blue suitcase beside his feet before knocking once, to not seem rude, before opening the door.

 

Just like the whole entire school, his room does not disappoint. The roof is high and there's two large beds with a least 4 feet in between them, one with plain white covers and the other with dark navy ones. The walls are a dull beige, but he's more than pleased when he spots their own bathroom and a large flat screen TV in the living room, equipped with giant black beanie bags and all. 

 

Twirling once in a full circle he finds himself throwing his body onto the dusty looking bed, rolling onto his side and letting out a long sigh. He's exhausted, really, he had come to the school the moment he had landed in Korea and now he's beginning to feel the effect. 

 

With a dreamy shaky sigh, he closes his eyes to be lulled into a deep slumber.

 

 

 

 

 

"Wake up," the tone is flat and Taemin groans because he doesn't know this voice and-- "you got the wrong bed dumb fangirl." 

 

He snaps up at that, eyes half opened as he looks up to a tall brunet looking down at him with a large scowl. "Fangirl?" Taemin croaks groggily, "where? Wait who are you?" Before it clicks that this must be his infamous jackass roommate, first impression crappy already, Taemin tries to salvage the situation. "Oh, you must be Choi Minho, I'm Lee Taemin." 

 

"So?" Cocking his right hip out, Minho merely tugs his awfully pretty face into an even worse scowl, if his first scowl was awful this one is worst, Taemin thinks. 

 

"Soooo," Taemin drawls awkwardly while pushing up a not-even-convincing smile, "I'm your new roommate." 

 

Minho's eyebrows furrow forward, lips pursued thoughtfully as he eyes Taemin up and down. "Girls aren't allowed in this school," he says matter-of-factly.

 

"Obviously," Taemin snorts before stretching his arms over his head. "It's an all boys school." 

 

Minho frowns and decides to give Taemin the 'you have to be ing kidding me' look before sighing and waving his hand over Taemin's skinny figure, "and you're a girl, so get going."

 

All sleepy gears in Taemin's brain finally begin to work at full throttle, and not for a good reason, either. "Excuse me?" Taemin manages to croak before standing up abruptly to grab the front of Minho's crisp and ironed uniform. "I'm a guy!"

 

His whole situation would've probably seemed really convincing if his voice didn't crack, making him seem more like a girl.

 

They lapse into an awkward silence and hesitantly Taemin let's go on Minho's blazer.

 

"Right," Minho says re-adjusting his tie. "I'm going to go report you to Yunho now, dumb fangirl. Did you actually think this plan would work?"


Taemin throws his hands out and howls out of frustration. "Are you so conceited that you think girls actually will sneak into you room just to see you?"

 

Minho blinks at him. "Yes? They've done it before, and one is currently doing it right now."


"Why?" Taemin says furrowing his brows, "sure you're good looking but I wouldn't go as far as sneak into your room." Before, "and I'm not a fangirl. ing ." 

 
"Right" Minho says rolling his eyes before pulling out his cellphone, "I'm giving you a chance to admit you came into here without permission before I report you to the school."
 
 
Taemin scoffs, crossing his arms in a defiant way, "go ahead."  
 
 
Minho frowns but follows through with his threat, calling up Yunho without hesitation, "Yunho I have some girl in my room claiming she's a boy and that she's my roommate." 
 
 
It takes about ten minutes of Yunho nervously explaining and Taemin counting the amount of stitches in his blanket before Minho hangs up and takes to glaring daggers at Taemin. 
 
 
"I don't like roommates" Minho says flatly, "go back to Canada." 
 
 
"That's nice," Taemin says rolling onto his stomach while hugging a pillow underneath him. "What time is it? I'm hungry." 
 
 
"Who's bright idea was it to allow you to share a room with a famous idol like me?" Minho grumbles bitterly, kicking away a pile of dirty clothes before marching to the decently sized living room. "I should bash you on television." 
 
 
"As long as Jonghyun-hyung knows I exist." Taemin grumbles, suddenly realizing something with grand excitement, "you know Jonghyun-hyung!" 
 
 
Minho eyes him weirdly. "Obviously we're in the same band." 
 
 
"Can you introduce me?" He bounces up with unnecessary excitement, cheeks beaming widely as he makes his way after Minho. "I moved all the way from Canada to attend this school, just too meet him." 
 
 
Minho gives him a dirty look, "and why do you think I'd introduce you?"
 
 
"I'll get them to change my room if you do. So, please?" Taemin decides with, eyes wide and sparkling. Minho seems hesitant, but slowly nods. 
 
 
"Well... I guess hyung wouldn't mind." 
 
 
"Is oppa gay or straight? Depending on your answer I may need to cross dress." Taemin finds himself saying seriously and Minho stops mid-way getting a bag of chips to eye Taemin grossly. 
 
 
"Did you just call him... oppa? And no point cross dressing, you look like a girl either way."
 
 
Taemin glowers, "so, gay or straight?"
 
 
"You don't need to know" Minho says, "you'll only meet him once." 
 
 
Taemin pouts, sticking out his tongue at him, "stingy." 
 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When he wakes up the next morning, he's awoken by Minho jabbing him in the face with his foot, which isn't wholeheartedly appreciated, thus leads to both of them screaming at each other as Taemin pulls on his uniform and throws pillows at Minho's (ugly) face. 
 
 
"You should be grateful!" Minho screams just as Taemin storms past him, leaving Minho to lock the door behind them before Taemin can meet his idol. "Bringing you to my dorm... 'tsk." 
 
 
"Right, grateful," Taemin grunts, pillow wrapped tightly in his arms as he yawns loudly, being lead through the school on a Saturday morning, before him and Minho jump into a typical looking van for idols. 
 
 
Minho's manager says nothing, except for the casual conversation about what Minho's schedule will be like for the next week, Taemin blearily chooses to ignore them both in favour of sleeping against the foggy car window.
 
 
He isn't awoken by Minho's foot this time, instead by Minho poking his nose repeatedly until Taemin has already thought of 32 ways to stab him to death. 
 
 
"I'm awake" Taemin growls, throwing his pillow at Minho before following the big-time idol out of the van, being lead towards an apartment building. 
 
 
SHINee's dorm isn't as glamorous as Taemin truly expected it to be, there's a mass amount of shoes at the doorway, someone humming softly in the kitchen and the TV is chatting away to some poor soul that's already awake. 
 
 
"Hyungs," Minho calls out deeply, Taemin right behind him. "I'm home." 
 
 
"Oh" someone says, the TV switching off as Onew—his real name being Jinki, Taemin remembers—comes sliding up to the entrance, hair disheveled as he smiles brightly. "Hey, who's she? Your girlfriend?"
 
 
"No one important" Minho says rolling his eyes, Taemin jabs him in the ribs. 
 
 
"You should at least try to pretend you like me," he says cutely (on purpose, of course) jutting out his lower lip and fluttering his eyelashes at Minho. "Just cause I attacked you this morning..."
 
 
"You tried to hit me with the toaster," Minho hisses, slipping off his shoes, leaving Taemin to clumsily take off his own and waddle after Minho, before stopping and smiling to Jinki. 
 
 
"I'm Lee Taemin." 
 
 
"Oh, yeah... I'm Jinki." 
 
 
Taemin laughs, "I know!" Before running after Minho to give him a piece of his mind, Jinki merely blinks after him. 
 
 
"Where's Jonghyun-hyung?" Minho questions loudly to Key, to whom Taemin smiles kindly to whilst coming up from behind Minho. 
 
 
"Out. Schedule. Who's this cutie?" Kibum says sweetly, rounding the kitchen to wipe off his hands before holding out one to Taemin, "oh you're a guy."
 
 
"You're dating a guy?" Jinki squawks.
 
 
"How long? What's your name? I'm Kim Kibum, or Key, but you probably already know that—"
 
 
"Hyung I'm not—"
 
 
"You should bring him over more! The fans won't suspect anything, they'll think he's a friend from school." 
 
 
And suddenly something devilish clicks in Taemin's sneaky mind, before he finds himself saying, "hm we haven't been dating long, and I'm Lee Taemin." 
 
 
Minho whirls around to openly gape at him, "what?"
 
 
"Oh Minho must be really serious with you," Kibum says winking, turning back around to finish making pancakes. "He never brings the people he's dating over." 
 
 
"Oh really? I think he likes me abusing him, to be honest," Taemin says blinking his large doe eyes innocently, "I mean he wasn't even mad I pelted him with my shoe this morning..."
 
 
"I was mad!" Minho protests loudly, "you, no that's not the point—hyung I'm not—"
 
 
"I always thought you had a crush on Yuri," Jinki says tilting his head, "huh, never saw this coming." 
 
 
"Oh, hey guys what's with the argument?" A low rumble echoes into the apartment, and Taemin suddenly becomes stiff, because his idol is here. "Yo, Minho, and who's this?"
 
 
"Minho's boyfriend," Jinki adds in helpfully. 
 
 
"Wait he's not... oh why do I even bother? Taemin wake up you stupid—"
 
 
"Oh, hey," Taemin says blinking his eyes before smiling widely, holding out his hand, "I'm Lee Taemin. Minho's boyfriend." 
 
 
Jonghyun smiles back just as happily, grabbing Taemin's hand and shaking. "Kim Jonghyun." 
 
 
"I know," Taemin says wistfully. 
 
 
Minho rolls his eyes, "okay you met my band, now get going."
 
 
Taemin rolls his eyes at Minho, about ready to punch Minho and tell him that he's going to switch with someone and make Minho still have a roommate even after he leaves. 
 
 
"Stop being so rude to him" Kibum chimes, setting down a bunch of plates before the pancakes, "want to stay for breakfast?" 
 
 
"Yeah Minho, stop being so rude to me," he sing-songs sweetly, giving Kibum a large mega wat smile before sitting down. "I mean, what's mine is yours, right?"
 
 
Kibum gasps, a feral naughty grin on his face as Jinki eyes him weirdly, "you two are already so involved? Feel free to come over whenever then." 
 
 
"You're a demon" Minho grumbles, forehead meeting his table with a small pained groan. 
 
 
Taemin merely smiles, before chatting heatedly with Kibum and Jonghyun over Minho's worst habits.
 
 
 
 
 
A/n
Lately... im not inspired to write
Sorry if this is bad, i forced it out of me ;w;
BUT HAHA YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LIKE TAEMIN IN THIS STORY.