1/1

Appa Yongguk is a Good Appa

“Are you sure you’re going to be alright?” Himchan asked as he looked at Yongguk one more time. His husband smiled that warm smile of his and placed a kiss on the younger’s forehead.

“Of course, what kind of father won’t be able to take care of his own children?” He sarcastically asked, causing Himchan to giggle. “Tell me how your father is doing, alright?”

“Okay.” The other answered. He received another kiss from Yongguk before heading out the door. “Youngjae’s out with his boyfriend right now and he won’t back until tomorrow so all you need to do is take care of the maknaes. Call me if you need anything alright?”

“Alright, alright, it’s not that I’ll have to anyway.”

Himchan smiled. “That’s because you’re the amazing husband I married~ I’ve got to go now. Bye, honey.” He said, giving last kiss on Yongguk’s lips before walking out the door. “Remember, call me if anything happens.”

“Okay, okay. You worry too much babe. It’ll cause wrinkles.”

“Gosh, you’re right. Alright, I seriously have to go now. Bye, dinner’s in the kitchen, and there are clean diapers in the bathroom, bye honey, I love you.”

“I’ll miss you babe.”

“I know. Bye~”

As Himchan closed the door, Yongguk waited, listening to the car driving off. He sighed and looked at the maknaes, who were hypnotized by Pororo at the moment. He chuckled to himself. “Nah, this is going to be easy.”

As he sat down next on the couch behind his babies, Yongguk didn’t notice the mischievous stare Junhong gave to Jongup.

“Hey! You took my last cookie!” Jongup suddenly shouted, startling his father. “Daddy, daddy, Junhong took my cookie!” He whined, throwing a tantrum on the floor.

Yongguk groaned and brushed through his hair. “What would Himchan do right now…ah!” He picked Jongup onto his lap and hummed into his ear. But his voice was too scarily deep and it made the baby cry even more.

“Aish, it’s not working!”

“Apparently,” Smart mouth Junhong said, munching at his cookie. He stared at his father trying to calm down his whiny brother as entertainment before finishing up his treat. “Appa, you’re not very good with taking care of Jonguppie hyung.”

“Shush, Junhong!” Yongguk retaliated. “How can a 3 year old kid be able to speak like that anyway? If it wasn’t for you, you’re hyung wouldn’t be crying right now!”

Junhong shrugged. “I’m 3 years old. What do you expect me to do, sit quietly?”

“Aish, chincha, you got that sass from your mother.” Yongguk said as memories of sassy Himchan’s quotes suddenly came to mind. “Gosh, what would he do if he was here?”

“Mommy would make Jonguppie stop crying.”

“Gee, you don’t say.”

“Appa, you’re being mean to me. I’m only three. You can’t expect me to solve everything.”

Yongguk grinded his teeth at that sass again. He looked back down to Jongup, who was still crying hysterically. “There, there Jongup. Appa is here. Stop crying now. Please?”

“Maybe appa can give Jonguppie hyung another cookie?”

“We don’t have any more cookies. You ate the last one.”

“Oh yeah,” Junhong laughed at himself. “Silly Junhongie~” He giggled hysterically, banging the floor with his tiny baby feet. “What will appa do?”

“Aish, I can’t call your umma now. He just left. What should I do? What should I do?” Yongguk asked himself. Suddenly he thought of what seemed like a great idea. “Hey Jonguppie, let’s play a game. Ready, it’s called the silent game. Whoever doesn’t make a sound wins a huge cookie!”

Jongup stopped for a second. “But I thought – hiccup – appa said – hiccup – that there are no more cookies left.”

Yongguk smiled and give a kiss on Jongup’s baby skin forehead. “Well then appa will just have to make one then. Will Jonguppie stop crying if appa makes you one?”

“Appa can bake?”

“Shush, Junhong, how about it, Jonguppie?”

Jongup nodded cutely, his smile was expecting a jumbo, huge cookie. “Jonguppie would be a good boy! Jonguppie won’t cry anymore!”

“Cough – Pabo – cough,” Junhong said, covering his mouth “politely” when he coughed. He looked up at his two family members and blinked. “What?” Jongup just gave him a blank smile while Yongguk shot him a glare. “Mehrong~”

“Junhongie, let’s go play while appa makes the cookie! Let’s go!” Jongup shouted as he jumped off his dad’s lap and towards the maknae. “Hyung will let you play with my toy cars, let’s go!”

As Yongguk watched his babies crawl up the stairs, his smile dropped when they were finally out of site. “Aish, I have no idea how to make a cookie.”

He grabbed the Youngjae’s iPad that was lying on the table and quickly searched up the web. “How to make a chocolate chip cookie,” He said out loud as he typed it on the keyboard. “Alright, I got it.”

After a few minutes of getting the ingredients that thank god they already have in their house, Yongguk tied his ‘y Dad’ apron around his front and rolled up his sleeves. “Let’s see, when Himchan makes cookies, he would first….wash his hands. Alright, this should be easy.”

Yongguk mumbled the first steps after he finished washing his hand. “Set the over up to 375’C. Alright, done with that, now combine flour, salt and baking soda.”

“Appa, appa, is it done?”

“No Jongup, it’s not done yet. Appa just started.”

“Okay!”

“Beat the butter and sugars together, and then beat in eggs and vanilla.”

“Appa, appa, is it done now?”

Yongguk sighed. “No Jongup, it’s still not done.”

“Okay!”

“Slowly add the chocolate chips or any relevant chocolate into the butter and vanilla.”

“Appa, Junhongie spilled his milk bottle.”

Finally, Yongguk lost it. He slammed the whisk onto the floor and glared at Jongup. “IT’S NOT DONE YET, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?!”

Jongup stared wide eyed at his father. His mouth was wide opened and he was speechless. Tears were beginning to form in his eyes again.

Yongguk gasped, blaming himself for not being fatherly. “No, no, don’t cry Jonguppie. Appa is sorry, oh Jonguppie don’t cry.”

“UMMA, UMMA, I WANT UMMA!!!” Jongup shouted at maximum level that even Junhong could hear wide and clear from upstairs. “I WANT UMMA!”

Yongguk panicked. Rashly, he swiped out his phone and called Himchan. “There, there Jongup. See, appa’s calling umma right now! There, umma picked up, talk to umma.”

Jongup sobbed and took the phone with both hands, “U-umma?”

“Oh, Jonguppie, umma’s here. Why is Jonguppie crying?”

“A-appa yelled at Jonguppie~” The boy replied with another sob. “Jonguppie wants umma to come home! Jonguppie wants umma!”

“Umma will be home soon, alright Jonguppie? Be a good boy.”

“*sniff* okay mommy…”

“Good, now can Jonguppie hand the phone back to Appa?”

Jongup nodded on the other end and looked at Yongguk with red eyes. He gave the phone back and darted off back upstairs but only after grabbing towels to clean up Jun Hong’s mess.

Scared, Yongguk didn’t want to talk to his huswife. Himchan is sweet and motherly most of the times, but when he’s not, he’s completely in charge, especially if he’s d=in a bad mood during .

“YAH, BANG, YONG, GUK. HOW COULD YOU MAKE JONGUP CRY?”

Yongguk flinched at Himchan’s shouted through the phone. It could be worse; Himchan could’ve been right in front of him. “I-I didn’t mean it…”

“Gosh Yongguk, it’s only been 2 hours since I’ve been gone. TWO HOURS. ONLY TWO HOURS.”

The father suddenly turned into a little preschooler that was being scolded. He frowned and played with his fingers. “I’m sorry Channie….”

“You pabo, you shouldn’t say sorry to me, say sorry to Jongup. Gosh, this is frustrating. Maybe you can call Youngjae for help. It’s the first time the kids are away from Youngjae for such a long time. Make them take to him.”

Yongguk nodded sadly. He was a bit glad Youngjae was a first son. He was always able to fix situations like these. “I’ll do it. When are you coming home?”

“Um…about one more hour or so, but don’t worry about that right now, call Youngjae to soothe the children.”

“Alright, bye honey, I love you.”

“Yeah you better.”

Yongguk sighed when Himchan hung up the phone. It’s time to call his first son. “Come pick up, pick up.”

“Hello?” Youngjae’s voice said at the other end. He seemed quite breathless, “Appa?”

The father let out a sigh of relief. “Youngjae, thank god you picked up. Sorry I’m interrupting your date with Daehyun right now but I need you to do me a favor.”

“Um, yeah sure appa, what is it?”

“I’m baking cookies right now and I accidently yelled at Jongup and he’s sad right now. Your mother is out of the house at this moment so I need you to talk to your brothers until I finish making the cookies for them.”

“Oh my god, dad…”

“I know, I know. I’m a horrible father. Just help me, please?”

“…you bake?”

“That’s not the problem! I’m handing the phone to the kids right now,” Yongguk said as he walked up the stairs and towards Jongup’s room. “Make sure you keep them behaving just until I finished baking.”

“Alright fine, but make it fast, okay appa?”

He heard some background sounds but there was not time to be worrying about that. “Okay, sorry again.”

Youngjae laughed. “It’s alright appa. I have a huge baby with me too.” He said, indicating to Daehyun.

“Thanks son. Here are the kids. Jongup ah, Junhong! Do you want to talk to your Youngjae hyung?” Yongguk asked and placed his phone onto the floor when the two kids darted towards him.

“Hi Jaejae hyungie,” Both the kids shouted at once.

“Hey Jongpuppie and Zelo,” Youngjae said, knowing his little brothers liked it when he called them by their nicknames. “Are you two behaving well?”

Yongguk sighed, relieved and walked back down to the kitchen. “At least the cookies are almost done.” He said, and picked up the whisk that scared Jongup. “I’m sorry Jongup.”

It wasn’t long until Yongguk had finally finished the treats. He placed each of them into a bowl and walked up the stairs. “Kids, appa finished making the cookies.” He said softly. Junhong sprinted across the room but Jongup just slowly strolled over, not making eye contact.

Yongguk frowned and bent down to his baby’s level. “Jongup ah, Appa’s sorry for yelling at you. Can you forgive appa?”

Jongup slowly nodded, causing Yongguk to smile fatherly. “Try the cookie.”

“Don’t mind if I do.” Junhong said and yelped when Yongguk gently smacked his small hands away.

“Yah, you caused this whole mess. Your hyung should eat first.”

Junhong scrunched up his nose and crossed his arms. “Fine, I bet it doesn’t taste good anyway.”

Jongup laughed at his little brother. He took a cookie and quickly ate it. “Is it good?” Yongguk asked, watching with curious eyes.

The boy nodded happily. He took another cookie and fed it to Yongguk. “Appa is the best!” He shouted, hugging his dad by the neck.

Yongguk laughed and kissed Jongup’s cheek. He looked over to the sulking Junhong and picked him up. “And as for you, you still need to finish your milk.”

“But appa, I want a cookie too~”

“There are more downstairs.” Yongguk said and picked up Jongup as well. “Appa will let you two eat as many as you want after you two finish your milk, okay?”

Both kids nodded happily. “Okay!” They shouted and were carried downstairs.

Meanwhile, the phone was still on the floor. “Hello?” Youngjae said. “Appa, Jongpuppie, Zelo? I’m still here…”

~

“Alright, out you go.” Yongguk said as he lifted Jongup up from the bathtub. He cleaned his little body and put on his favorite green pajamas. “You too, Junhong.” He said and did the same to the maknae as well.

“I’m back!” Himchan’s voice shouted from downstairs.

“Umma,” the two boys rushed down the steps and into Himchan’s arms. “Umma, we missed you!”

“Aigoo, umma miss you two too. Did you guys behave while umma was gone?”

Jongup nodded. “Jonguppie did but Junhongie didn’t.”

“Oh?

“Junhongie ate my last cookie and he spilled his milk bottle all over the floor. And then when I ate more cookies than Junhongie, Junhongie called me fat.”

Himchan laughed. “Junhongie is still a baby. Maybe his Jonguppie hyung can teach him how to behave.”

“Okay mommy. Jonguppie will be a good teacher!”

 His umma smiled and looked up where Yongguk was leaning on the wall, both arms and feet crossed. “I did a great job didn’t it?” Yongguk asked after receiving a kiss from his wife.

Himchan giggled and nodded. “Yep, you did. I’m sorry for doubting you, sweetie.”

“Well, you can reward me tonight~”

“Alright I will.” He looked at the kids. “And you got them to take a bath too? Bang Yongguk, I’m actually surprised. You really impressed me.”

“Well, then I guess there’s a bonus with the reward tonight.”

“If you’re asking me to wear the maid outfit, I –,” Himchan stopped and stared into Yongguk’s eyes. He’s done a lot already, might as well do it for him. “– I’ll gladly do it.”

His husband smiled widely and kissed Himchan’s pink lips. “EW~ umma and appa are kissing.” Junhong teased, biting into another cookie.

Their parents laughed. “Alright, it’s time for bed.” Himchan said, picking up Junhong and Yongguk picked up Jongup.

They placed them into the cribs and tucked them into the bed. “Goodnight, my babies.” Himchan said, placing kisses on the two’s foreheads.

“Goodnight umma, appa~”

~

“Aish, Himchan, you’re so tight.” Yongguk said as he pushed into Himchan’s entrance. The umma moaned and buried his face into the pillow.

Himchan groaned out a curse as Yongguk began ramming into him. “Gukkie, it feels so good.”

“You like that, my little maid?”

“Yes master, more please~”

“, keep doing that with your hips.”

“Ah~, Gukkie, don’t stop, please don’t stop!”

“ you’re so hot Himchan. You –,”

“Umma, Appa?” Jongup’s voice suddenly appeared behind the door. The two parents panicked. Himchan quickly tore himself out of the maid outfit and got some clothes on Yongguk wore a random boxers on.

“Yes, Jonguppie, what is it?” Himchan opened the door, revealing a smiling Jongup holding a book.

Jongup toddled over to his appa. “Jonguppie wants to read a story to Appa. Because appa always read stories to Jonguppie to sleep, Jonguppie wants to do the same for appa.”

Yongguk smiled. “Of course you can, Jonguppie. But…” he looked at Himchan. “Let’s go to Jonguppie’s room to read. We can be with Junhong too.”

Jongup nodded and turned to walk out the door. He didn’t notice the relieved sigh from his parents.

“How thoughtful is he, deciding to read a book to you even though he still has trouble with the alphabet.” Himchan said, twirling his finger in circles on Yongguk’s chest.

“He is adorable. My son is just that thoughtful.”

“Well, Jongup’s dad, shall we go to their room now?”

Yongguk smiled again. He placed a kiss on Himchan forehead. “We shall, Jongup’s mom.” They both got up from the bed and walked towards their children’s rooms.

Yongguk rested with Jongup the bed as Himchan picked up Junhong and slept with the other two on the bed.

Jongup smiled at his appa and then his umma. He opened the book and cleared his throat. “Once upon a time…”

~

The next morning, Yongguk woke up with a yawn. He looked over to Himchan, who was fast asleep with Junhong in his arms and Jongup, who’s snuggled onto his chest.

Yongguk smiled and give his son a morning kiss on the forehead. Thank god he didn’t have work today. He’d rather spend time with his beloved family. Of course, it would be better if Youngjae was with them. But oh well, Youngjae is with the love of his life now.

What would happen once Jongup and Junhong grows up? They’ll probably find their destined one as well; they’ll have their own family. What would happen with their connections with Yongguk and Himchan slowly become distant than before when they have their own family?

The thought of it made Yongguk frown. All his kids would once day go off into the real world. Well, one kid is already. Will they be okay? Will they still need their dad’s and mom’s comfort?

“Good morning appa.” Jongup said, rubbing his eyes. He looked up at his dad and smiled. “Jonguppie had a nice dream. When Jonguppie grows up, Jonguppie’s going to be a good appa just like Jonguppie’s appa.”

Yongguk tilted his head but Jongup continued to smile.

“When Jonguppie becomes an appa, Jonguppie will make cookies for Appa and Umma.” The baby continued.

His father finally smiled. He put their foreheads together and nodded. “Of course Jonguppie, you’re going to be an amazing appa.” He got up, with Jongup lying on his lap. “How about Jonguppie get his teeth brushed while appa makes breakfast?”

His baby nodded happily and toddled off to the bathroom. Yongguk smiled as he watched him before going downstairs.

Youngjae came through the door, with Daehyun behind him who was holding the bags. “Oh, appa,” Youngjae said after they made eye contact. “You’re up early.”

“Good morning sir.” Daehyun said behind him. He bowed and rose up with a smile.

Yongguk yawned. “I see you’re back home early, Youngjae. How was your date?”

“Yeah, it was really fun. Daehyun took us to the beach.”

“And you guys didn’t do anything I wouldn’t approve of, right?” Yongguk asked again, but specifically to Daehyun.

Daehyun immediately shook his head. “No, no of course not sir,” He panicked and whispered into Youngjae’s ear. “I don’t think your dad likes me.”

Youngjae giggled. “He’s only joking Hyunnie. Appa, how was Jongup and Junhong yesterday?”

“Well it was tough at first, but I handled it well. You should’ve been with us. Jongup was reading us a story?”

“Oh really, wow, Jongup’s always too adorable.”

“Oh, honey, you’re back.” Himchan said, coming down the stairs with yawning Junhong in his arms. “Why, good morning Daehyun.”

“Good morning ma’am.”

Junhong whined. He suddenly lost all his sass and cried for Youngjae. “Aigoo, I missed you too Zelo ah.” Youngjae said, pecking Jun Hong’s cheek.

“Jaejae hyung, Jaejae hyung,” Jongup shouted as he ran down the stairs. He clung onto Youngjae’s leg and smiled above. “Jonguppie missed you!”

His older brother laughed a little. “I missed Jongpuppie too.”

“I’m going to get dressed.” Himchan said. “Daehyun, would you like to stay for breakfast?”

Daehyun smiled and bowed. “That’d be lovely ma’am.”

“Oh, Daehyun ajusshi is here too.” Jongup said, waving to Daehyun.

Youngjae burst out giggling. “Yah, Jongpuppie, Daehyun isn’t an ajusshi. You should call him hyung too.”

“Oh…okay, hi Daehyun hyungie!”

Daehyun smiled, “Hi there Jongup.”

Jongup smiled back before taking Youngjae’s and Daehyun’s fingers. He dragged them to the living room. “Hyungies, Jonguppie’s going to read you a story!”

As Yongguk watched Jongup drag Youngjae and Daehyun along with Junhong, he felt Himchan squeeze his shoulder. “They’re going up well.”

Yongguk nodded, frowning a little, “Yeah.”

“Aren’t you proud?”

“Of course…it’s just that…I don’t know. I’m not ready for them to grow up.” Yongguk said and looked over at Youngjae who was happily in Daehyun’s arms, both listening to Jongup’s story. “I mean, it was like just yesterday when Youngjae was five and asking me for a piggy back ride. And now, he’s got a boyfriend and starting his own life. I don’t think I’m ready for that to happen to Jongup and Junhong.”

Himchan nodded. He gave his husband another squeezed and hugged him, resting his head on his chest. “I know. But seeing them grow is what we are meant to do. Actually, we’re the ones that are growing. Because of them, we learned a lot. Right, Yongguk?”

“I guess.”

Himchan smiled a little. He gave Yongguk a kiss and stared deeply into his eyes. “You’re forever going to be Youngjae’s father, Jongup’s father and Junhong’s father. But to me, you’re forever my Yongguk. The kids will soon leave the house, but I’ll always be here with you, alright?”

Yongguk smiled. He kissed Himchan back and put their foreheads together. “Yeah…you’re right.”

 

A/N: I feel like hugging my parents right now...btw don't forget to upvote this story ^^ check out this story's followup/sequel-ish, Our Date at the Beach featuring DaeJae! :D

please comment below on what your opinions are ^^