Overview of Part 1

Definition of Blind [major revisions going on]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tillynilly and I decided it would be beneficial for both us and you if I did an overview of each 'Part'.  That said, these will chapters posted after each Part is finished, and will be pretty much a little summary or little things that I want to talk about.  (I stole idea this from Erischaotica but I've seen lots of other authors do too).

Sorry this isn't a chapter, but Part 2 is underway and the first draft has been written, although it's incomplete.  I was also annoyed that part 1 happened to end at 9 chapters, so this makes an even 10.

Part 1:

Starting date: May 11, 2013 (I didn't know this for sure, so I'll just use the day I posted...)
Ending date: November 4, 2013
Words: 54225

 

Things planned from the beginning:

That depends on what 'the beginning' pertains to, as Deobli isn't the first story I wrote for this plot line.   The first story I ever wrote when I had this idea was November of 2012, where Sungjong was an OC, Myungsoo was Taemin, Dongwoo was Kai, and everyone else was an OC.  God, it's embarrassing even thinking about it.  It was called, The Standing, the Falling, the Fallen, I'm pretty sure, and at the time, I was convinced it was the best I ever wrote.  Nope nope nope.

 

Anyway, the bleacher scene, I had from the beginning, and also the running into the wire thing.  I knew Sungjong was going to meet up with Myungsoo and Sungyeol sometime, and that all his friends but one were going to die.  There are also some scenes in Part 2 and on that I thought up last year, but of course I can't elaborate on them right now.  Oh, and I also knew there was going to be a male character who was rather classy and mysterious, someone who overlooked the game.  I also planned the group would move from house to house in the game.  

 

I knew I wanted the game to start in the gym with bleachers, and I knew I wanted Sungjong to have a good friend who matched and contradicted his personality. 

 

Basically I had a bunch  little scenes and ideas planned out and just needed a story to wrap them all together.


Things I bullted:

The entire 'dark space' thing I thought of on the run.  You probably already figured out what that was all about, but I'm still not saying anything until Part 2 comes out.  Um, I also made up the characters' personalities on the go.  I never really stopped to plan them.  Soju, Sungjong's dog, and that whole story I came up with.     Here's a list of things I came up with (probably at 1 in the morning as I complained to either of my 2 coauthors):  -the kid blowing his head up in the gym bleachers -the names Derium and Sound -basically every single action scene, from the first kid in the parking lot, to the massacre where they got ambushed -Kai's death -you know what, everyone's death -how
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter