Chapter 18

My Personal Handsome Warrior

Daehyun opened his eyes slowly, he rubbed his eyes and blinked, he saw someone in front of him and he sits up.

“What happened?” He asked.

“Daehyun!” Everyone formed a circle around him.

“What’s wrong? What happened?” He asked again. “Why do I ache all over?”

“You got hurt a little… But everything else’s fine.” Junhong said.

“Oh… Where’s princess?” He asked, looking around.

Everyone kept quiet.

“Where is she?” He asked again. He realized that everyone was acting very strange.

“She went to travel around the world.” Yoonmi said in a small voice.

“What?” His eyes widen.

“You know the princess, she doesn’t like to stay put in one place… She’s an active person.” Baekhyun said.

“No, no. I don’t believe you guys.” Daehyun said, trying to stand up.

“Daehyun, you just recovered. Please, just rest now.” Yun said and try to push him down.

“Princess… Why?” Daehyun said, he isn’t strong enough to push Yun away.

“Daehyun….” Junhong’s heart hurt to see him like this.

Minyung was looking at Daehyun, biting her lower lips and tears were rolling down her cheeks. She can only look at him from afar… A promise is a promise.

“Daehyun… I’m sorry. I have to do this. I’m sorry.” She whispered and walked away, never looking back. She suddenly collapses and she closed her eyes. She is slowly losing her consciousness and she black out.


“Minyung! Minyung!” She heard someone calling her name.

“Huh?” Minyung opened her eyes.

“You’re final awake!”

“Hey everyone…” Minyung said happily, her three friends are in front of her, she’s back.  “What happened?”

“You fainted and you’ve been in the hospital for quite a few days.” Sarang said.

“I’m back?” She blinked her eyes and pinched her hand. “I’m back!”

“This is the hospital’s VIP ward.” Sujin said.

Minyung looked at her and her eyes widen. “Yoonmi?”

“Who’s Yoonmi?” Sanghee asked.

“You are Yoonmi! I just saw your past life! No wonder sometimes I hate you so much!” Minyung said.

“She’s Sujin.” Sanghee said and looked at Minyung.

“Did she knocked her head and lost her memory?” Sarang asked.

“She didn’t knock her head. Must have gone crazy.” Sujin said.

“Miss! You’re finally awake!” Minyung’s nanny said.

“Mally?!” Minyung said. She can see the resemblance of the Maldea bird and her nanny.

“Poor child… It’s good that you’re finally awake.” Her nanny said and pats her head.

“Sanghee, is Minyung awake?” Zelo asked, poking his head through the ward door.

“Junhong?” Minyung said and pointed at Zelo. “Zelo is Junhong!”

“Hey, hey, Zelo is mine.” Sanghee said and hugged Zelo’s arm.

“Something wrong with her brain?” Zelo asked and Sanghee shrugged.

“Yun sunbaenim is Yun, I have found four out of the six, where is the other two?” Minyung asked herself.

“I’ll go call the doctor.” Sujin said.

“Wait! Are you guys my best friends?” Minyung asked and all of them nodded. “Do you believe me?” She asked and they nodded again.

“We do.”

“Then just sit down and listen to my story now.” She said and points towards the chairs.

“Okay, okay…” Junhong said and pulls the chair and sits down.

Minyung told them everything. From how she got there and how she came back here.

“Hold it… You’re saying that there is something called reincarnation?” Junhong asked. “Cool!”

“So, Minyung likes Daehyun?” Sanghee asked.

“Yes! I admit. I like him, I mean, I love him.” Minyung said and blushed.

“Wait, so Minyung and Yoonmi both like the same guy which is Daehyun. But Minyung walked away, so did something happened between Yoonmi and Daehyun?” Sarang asked.

Minyung turns and stare at Sujin. “Did something happen between you two?” She asked, grabbing Sujin’s arm.

“What the hell! How am I supposed to know?” Sujin said and pulled her arm back.

“If in the past, Daehyun was loved by both Minyung and Yoonmi, then in the present he must be somewhere close.”

“But where?” Minyung asked.

“Maybe someone the both of you have a crush on?” Junhong asked.

“Minyung likes Yun sunbaenim.” Sujin said.

“But Yun is not Daehyun!” Minyung said.

“You’ve got a point.”

“Didn’t Sujin have a crush on her cousin brother before?” Sarang asked.

“That’s like over a decade ago! I was just a kid!” Sujin said.

“Hmm…. That might not be true.” Sarang said and Sujin glared at her.

“Miss!” Someone ran through the door, it was Sujin’s personal driver.

“What? Don’t you know how to knock?” Sujin asked.

“My apologies, your cousin’s gone!” He said.

Minyung stared at him and her eyes widen. “Baekhyun!” She said. “No wonder you were always nearby Sujin.”

Baekhyun ignored her and continued talking to Sujin.

“Didn’t you ask the security to look everywhere?” Sujin asked.

“We did. We searched every single corner of the hospital and still no sign of him.” He said.

“Your cousin is in the same hospital?” Sanghee asked.

“Yeah, he was involved in an accident.” Sujin said.

“How?”

“He crashed into the set where we were filming.” Sujin said.

“This all doesn’t make sense, but it can’t be a coincidence.” Minyung said and grabbed her jacket. She put it on and ran out of the ward. “I’m going to look for him!”

“Minyung!” Everyone shouted but she ignored them.

“It must be him. It must be Daehyun.” Minyung mumbled. She ran and ran, looking everywhere to look for Daehyun.

“Ouch!” She ran into someone. “I’m sorry!” She said and continued running.

“You dropped something!” The guy said but Minyung didn’t hear him.

She ran to the garden and she looked around. No sign of Daehyun anywhere. She sighed and sat down at the bench.

“Where are you?” She mumbled to herself.

“Hey… You dropped something.” Someone said.

“What?” She looked up, she was quite frustrated already.

“You ran so fast.” He said, smiling at her.

“You…” Minyung looked at him.

“You ran away from me once again. From the past to the present. But now… I’m not letting you go.”

“Daehyun! You are Daehyun right?” She asked.

“Yeah, it’s me.” Daehyuns said.

“Am I dreaming?” She asked, hitting her face.

“Stop. Aren’t  I standing in front of you now?” Daehyun said and pulled Minyung’s hand.

“You really are Daehyun! And I’m not dreaming!” She said and gave Daehyun a tight hug.

“I told you so.” Daehyun said and hugged her back.

“But how? How did you get back?” Minyung asked.

“Like that.” He said and Minyung punched him.

“Come on.” She said.

“Oww! Did you realize that I am hurt too?” He asked and Minyung immediately massage where she punched.

“Sorry.” She said.

“You know how I travelled using laptops? That’s how I came back. I had an accident and my soul travelled through my laptop and to the past. And I accidentally bought my laptop back to the past. I found out everything and kept on travelling back and forth. So I planned everything. Planned to save the kingdom, planned to save you.”

“So you planned to die instead of me?” Minyung asked and Daehyun nodded. “You idiot liar!” She said. “You made me cry!”

“I’m sorry… I promise I won’t do that anymore.” He said and kissed her.

“I love you Minyung.”

“And I love you too, Jung Daehyun.” Minyung whispered at his lips.