《 Information 》

《 Sensoria ⋮ Apply close 》

 

First country

The first country is Yong

Yong is a country renowned for the raw power of it's military. Yong values independence but loyalty to the strongest, and honor. This realm is led by the best fighters in an oligarchy-type of government. These and their families are welcomed into the castle where they live an easy life. Becoming the best fighter and assure a stable and easy life to your family is the biggest form of honor. Yong is known to be near the jungle, where many passage rites have been held through the years. Yong is the most populous country on the continent. This country's inhabitants are often said to be hot-headed but that's only because they listen to their passions rather than their reason. Yong's economy is based around weapon making and products that comes from the vegetation (wood, fruits and vegetable, paper, etc.). People living in Yong have been known to sport tattoos made of burn scars and plants extracts.
The royal family changes approximately every 5 years as a new contest hold place to determine the strongest persons of the country. Battle allies strength, speed, agility and Operator's skills and it's not rare (but not frequent either) to see women ranking very high. About five families are welcomed to the castle after each tournament. Yongian royalty is not the kind to sit around and wait for things to happen, because they know they can get thrown out every minute. Beside, if all the four other families decide so, they can ban one family from their throne. Therefore, power in Yong is a constant struggle where the fittest survives.

Demonym : Yongians
Capital : Ja (inhabitants of Ja are named Ja-Yongians.)
Other cities : Bal, Jin, Myo, ... (which makes them Bal-Yongians, Jin-Yongians, Myo-Yongians, ...)
Area : around 4 million
 km2
Esteemed population : 750,300 habitants
Climate : hot and humid near center, desert in the south-west, continental in the north, volcanic tropical islands on the coast
Main Types of Operators' powers : Hydrokinesis, Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, Enhanced physical abilities.
Values : Independence, trustworthiness, pride, strength


  

 

Second Country

The second country is Beom

Beom is a country rumored to always have a hidden agenda despite their calming and trusting appearance. Beom depends on the individual strengths of their people to come together to create a great force. With their known wide range of mountains, eternal snow, and shaded plains, the people are able to adapt well to certain climate changes. They may appear laid-back but have learned through discipline how to control their actions to achieve the greatest effect in the end. Beom only has about half the amount of people compared to Yong, but they were able to survive and come to a truce with them. Being a traditional monarchy, Beom's royal family is known for their distinguished appearance, skilled strategists and care for its people. Beom's economy revolves around cattle, mines and the medical system. Beomians prefer piercing, temporary body embellishment and jewelry to tattoos and scars. Beom is the richest country of all three.
Beom's royal family has always been on the throne, to the point where all the children of the main branch can't all obtain power and divides into smaller branches and branches further away from the power. Boem's castle is big enough to hold many of these main branches, but they also delegate the power over the other towns of the country. Hence, Beom is ruled by one family that has been in place for generations, and all of Beom's royalty holds family ties that are more or less strong. Rather than Yong's quest for honor, Beomians have a natural propensity to admire nobility from afar.

Demonym : Beomians
Capital : Chan (inhabitants of Chan are called Chan-Beomians)
Other Cities : Ko, Won, Yu, ... (which makes them Ko-Beomians, Won-Beomians, Yu-Beomians, ...)
Area : around 3 and a half million km2

Esteemed population : 382,050 habitants
Climate : continental in south and center, windy and cold in north, frozen islands on the north coast
Main Types of Operators' power : Cryokinesis, Telepathy, Healing, Electric manipulation.
Values : Union, discipline, inventiveness, adaptability


  

 

Third Country

The third country is Mae

Mae has always been a neutral country. Favoring intelligence and balance, Mae has always stood clear of the war the raged between Yong and Beom. Mae is also the only country willing to accept children from all three countries, teaching them about what it means to be an Operator. Hence, Mae owns the best Operators' Academy of all the continent. It is the only country to be a republic, where the government is elected rather than chosen. Mae encourages teamwork and accepting the differences of others. It is a country of respect and freedom. Mae is the smallest of the three and has a common border with both Yong and Beom. For now, the two giants have been supporting their neighbor because of the first-class education Operators can receive. It is a little bit normal, when we know that the very first Operators originated from Mae and that this country still holds the best. Mae's economy revolves around education, literature and art.
Elections are held in Mae every three year. For about two months, the town is left with no real ruler and the Academy's Head takes this spot for a little while. Every decision held during the normal year has to go in front of a council and be debated. However, the Academy's head can do whatever he deems good during the two months he is in power. There is no such thing as a castle in Mae and the one in power still has to live in his home. Everyone can become president of Mae, but they all have to pass through the best mind-reader-Operators to make sure their intentions are honorable.

Demonym : Maenians 
Capital : Hwang (inhabitants of Hwang are called Hwang-Maenians.)
Other Cities : Si, Pyo, Chu, ... (which makes them Si-Maenians, Pyo-Maenians, Chu-Maenians, ...)
Area : around 2 and a half million km2
Esteemed population : 156,930 habitants
Climate : mainly continental (varies depending on the seasons), warmer in the south, windy and cold in the north
Main Types of Operators' power : Hypnosis, duplication, invisibility, light manipulation.
Values : Peace, balance, freedom, acceptance.


  

 

Operators

The ones who can control

People who uses powers are called Operators. They operate the matter around them: organic matter, inorganic matter, brain waves, sound waves, light particles, smells, etc. They have been wrongly separated into categories through the years, when the facts are all Operators have the power to operate everything. They just are better at some and choose to specialize. The only thing Operators have yet to control is time. None of the Operators can predict the future. That capacity is only known to the sensoria.
The capacity to be an Operator is hereditary. But, since genetics can do mysteries, family without any Operators but far away ancestors suddenly found themselves with an Operator child, and family where both parents are Operators can give birth to children who will never have any of these powers. Specialty doesn't have anything to do with genetic, but rather personality and, sometimes, parents influence.

List (non exhaustive) of operators specialties : Telepathy, Telekinesis, mind-control, hypnosis, shield-making and barrier-building, enhanced learning, super hearing/vision/speed/or another physical ability, healing, invulnerability, pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, cryokinesis, geokinesis, animal control, metamorphosis, duplication, echolocation, invisibility, intangibility, pheromone manipulation, tracking, astral projection, light manipulation, sound manipulation, summoning, etc.

 

Sensoria

The gifted

The Sensorium (plural: Sensoria) is the only one who is able to predict the future, travel through time or stop time. Sensoria have been scarce through the years and as long as the truce between Beom and Yong held, no sensorium was found. Myths and legends say great civilisations were built around sensoria, as they possessed the ability to prevent tragedies and wars. Lately, the only known sensorium has been the missing princess of Beom, which makes her disparition far worse than it would have normally been.

 

Academy

The Operators' school

The Academy is situated in Mae. It is the best school for Operators and the only one who accepts students from all three countries. Operators go there from a very young age, hoping to learn from the best master on all the continent. Classes are separated by individual need, specialties and level of control. For this reason, older Operators can be in the same class as younger but more powerful Operators. The Academy's head hold a great influence in Mae's political decision which illustrates the Acedemy's importance. Once a student is enrolled in the Academy, it is outside their birth country's law and jurisdiction. In other words, a Yongian studying in the Academy has to obey Mae's laws and the Academy's rules otherwise great Maenians Operators won't hesitate to remove all the knowledge they put in one's head through the years.