V

Roommates

"Baekhyunnie?" Jihae watched him put together his things. She liked the way his eyes always had a natural curve to them, like even though he wasn't smiling, his eyes always were.

"Ne?" He looked up at her, a small grin spreading across his lips. Her heart fluttered.

Though she didn't know what she wanted to ask him. More she really just wanted to say his name. "I don't like math." 

His smile deepend, a soft chuckle escaping his lips. "I figured. But by time I'm finished tutoring you, you'll have it in a nutshell." He set his textbooks inside of his bookbag and slung it over his shoulder. "Come, I'll drop you off."

Jihae nodded and moved around the table to wrap her arm around his. He discarded it as a simple, but maybe a tad overly-friendly gesture; letting her hold his arm. "You're still the same height as you were in grade nine."

He looked at her and pouted, "Hey, I've grown some." 

Baekhyun and Jihae had been best friends since school days. They watched each other grow up, or in Baekhyun's case, get older. Baekhyun being actually the first one Jihae had gone to when puberty kicked in.

"I don't know what's wrong with them. They hurt." A little Jihae had walked up to him one day after school, her shirt raised and looking down at her chest.

Course Baekhyun was too young to know exactly what he was looking at. Or even understand what or why her body was acting this way. Because to Baekhyun, her chest looked nothing different from his.

"Go to the doctor. It could be bad." He lifted up his own shirt, giving his a poke. "I hope mine don't start hurting..."

"Don't remind me." He grumbled and hoisted his bookbag further over his shoulder. "I can't believe you thought of that now." He lead her outside of the library, walking out onto the campus' cobble road. 

She giggled quietly to herself, "If anything, I should be the one embarrassed." Jihae looked at him, his annoyed facade failing with his naturally curved, smiling eyes. "Yah..." His cheek was poked, but her finger was snapped at by his teeth.

"What was it like? Having to go to a high school, knowing nobody?" 

She tugged her bangs back through her fingers, "Hard. I didn't know what the kids would be like there. I was still trying to find myself, what I liked. And I didn't have you."

"Sorry, Jihae." Though, it wasn't his fault she had switched schools. Her father's work had gotten in the way. But he still felt the need to apologize.

"Don't apologize. Things happen. But look, we found each other again." Baekhyun nodded, his eyes curling even more as he smiled.

He knew Jihae had always been something a little more than a friend to him. He had never entirely forgotten her, despite meeting you. Jihae had always been on his mind.

Though that doesn't mean that he doesn't love you. To the fullest. Jihae was just someone special to him. And now he'd definitely be there for her. To make up for the strenuous years of high school she had to complete alone. Even if that means putting aside his education for hers.

"And that time you peed in your pool and blamed it on me?"

He was sitting back against the ledge of the pool, his eyes closed as he basked in the warm weather, age 13.

"Baek! Why is the water turning green!?" The cleaner in the pool had absorbed the urine, turning the water a different colour.

His eyes got wide, mid-pee. "Jihae! Why'd you pee in my pool!?" He ran out and wrapped himself in his towel, his cheeks flushed.

"Why are you bringing back embarrassing memories!?" He grumbled again and moved away from her, turning to lead her in the direction of her dorm.

"Or that time you gave us a lightswitch show?"

"Hey," He stopped walking, letting her catch up with him, "That was great, alright?"

She continued to throw out embarrassing memories of their childhood until they arrived at her door.

"Thanks for all the help today, oppa." She dug her keys out of her bag, his hand reaching out to hold her textbook. Her fingers finally found grasp of them and unlocked her door.

"Same time tomorrow then?" He tilted his head with a smile, wanting to see her.

She made a noise in the back of of disgust, "Fine...But then you have to take me out for ice cream."

Baekhyun handed her back her text book once the door was open. "Two strawberry ice creams then."

"Strawberry?" Her nose wrinkled, "Chocolate." Ah, he had mixed up her favourite flavour with yours.

"Oh, that's right!" He mentally facepalmed himself for forgetting.

"I'll call you tomorrow..Then." Baekhyun shifted his weight from one foot to another. Her brown orbs studied his for a moment, stifling a giggle before leaning in to press a shy kiss to his cheek. "Call me tomorrow then." 

He blinked and caught her wrist before she could disappear inside, his lips catching hers in a kiss as she whirled back around.

"I'm glad you're back." Baekhyun's voice came out a bit shaky, managing a smile before walking down her hallway and taking his leave.

-Seoul-

You wake up, your face buried within tan skin, a small groan escaping your lips.

Your head shifted away from his neck, trying to get a glimpse of the clock behind him, but his big head was caught in your way. Sitting up, the soft white blanket fell down from around you, 10:12 A.M. 

He peeked an eye up at you, realizing your absence in an instant.

"It's cold." He mumbles, taking your wrist to pull you back down next to him.

"It's the middle of August."

"I'm tired."

"I'm not." You look over at him, his eyes squinting at you from the light creeping in through his curtains.

"Stay for just five more minutes." His voice lacked energy entirely and knowing Jongin, five minutes meant an hour. Or two.

"Five minutes, Jongin. I'm counting." He snorted, but closed his eyes again.

 

***

Author's Note:

Forgotten me yet? I hope not. I've finally figured out where this story is going.

Updating soon, hopefully. It'll get better, I promise! The drama is still yet to come. And hopefully all of your comments? (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜