A Gay Best Friend

Playing Cupid

Girl's POV

 

THUD! My eyes widened in surprise.  Has Kevin... fainted?  Rolling my eyes, I crouched down and stared at him.  "Tch, such a sissy.  Why the hell is he so surprised?  I told him I'd always be able to find him," I muttered grumpily, pouting.  Yes, I pout too, just when other people aren't around.  I shook him a little. "Yah, face, get up!"  Nothing.  I wrinkled my nose in contempt and looked around the room before spotting a glass cup full of water on the table.  And the evil Areum is back! I walked up to the table. taking big strides and chuckled evilly.  Picking up the cup, I walked stealthily to Kevin's side.  I raised my arm and was about to give Kevin a cold shower when, "Stop! Who are you and what did you do to our vice-manager?"  Kevin had left the door open when he walked in.  I smacked my face with my free hand.  Great.  Another idiot.

 

Turning my head, I saw an anxious and familiar face peering through the doorway.  It was Luhan, Kevin's neighbour and best friend when they were younger.  I grinned. "Hello, Princess Lulu! Remember me?"  I called out in a saccharine sweet voice.  Now he really looked like a deer caught in the headlights.  "Sha... Shannon," he mumbled shakily, and then realisation dawned upon him.  "You!" he shouted, pointing an accusing finger in my direction.  "Why are you here? And I told you to stop calling me Princess Lulu!" He grumbled.  "Yes, and I didn't listen," I retorted. Jerking my thumb at the beanpole on the floor, I huffed indignantly, "And your dear friend here passed out when he saw me."  "Maybe you're just too ugly," Luhan snickered.  I promptly whacked him on the head.  Turning around, I cackled gleefully and poured the contents of the cup I was still holding onto Kevin's head.  This time, Luhan didn't stop me.

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Kevin screeched as the water splashed onto his face. 

 

"Yah! What are you doing here?!" he yelled with wide eyes as I tried to contain my laughter at the sight of a dripping wet Kevin. I gave up and burst out laughing, and even Luhan couldn't suppress his snickers. Kevin glared at the both of us, clearly annoyed.  "I used to think people were exaggerating when they said things like this but dude, you seriously sound like a girl!" I gasped, giving up trying to stop chortles from escaping my mouth.  Luhan nodded his head vigorously and we both collapsed on the floor, giggling.  Kevin gave a low growl and we immediately stopped laughing and stood up.

 

No one's POV

 

"Is everything okay? I heard a girl screaming in here," a red-headed young man asked, his eyes wide with concern.  And down go Luhan and Shannon onto the floor again!

 

Taking in the sight of the soaked Kevin that was shooting fierce glares, a girl on the floor who was teary-eyed from laughter, and Luhan laughing heartily, Junmyeon glanced around the room, confused. 

 

Shannon, now calmed down from her laughing fit, wiped her eyes, grinned at the two boys mischievously and said, "Sorry about that, everything's perfectly wondrous. May I speak to the manager of the café?"

 

Junmyeon pointed to himself. "Ah, that would be me." 

 

"Well, I was just wondering if I could get a job here. I mean I know I'm not a pretty boy or anything but I could work in the kitchen and not be seen by anyone.  It would also be pretty useful since your main patrons are girls so I can help you with the promotions and business areas," she suggested persuasively. "Besides, I used to work as a barista. I'm good at brewing coffees."

 

"I guess I could arrange for you to come in for an interview..." Junmyeon trailed off, unsure, but not willing to drive her away.  He gestured for him to follow him and Luhan decided to go along because, well, he did not want to stay in a room with a fuming Kevin. 

 

"NO! KIM JUNMYEON! She can't work here!" Kevin shouted. 

 

Then he realised that everyone had gone already and that he was left alone in the room. 

 

_________

 

"Okay then, it's settled. You will work in the kitchen area as a coffee brewer, and an assistant for the cooks when necessary. Alright?"

 

"Yep, thanks!" Shannon replied, grinning. Now she'd get to annoy her 'cousin' more. 

 

"Kevin only said that we didn't need more busboys, he didn't say anything about not needing more people working in the kitchen...right?" Junmyeon mumbled to himself as he brought Shannon around the staff areas.

 

"And these are the lockers where employees will keep their belongings......" Junmyeon trailed off upon noticing a certain Chinese boy snoozing on the bench.  Sighing, he squatted down next to the bench and poked the boy.  "Yah, Yixing-ah, wake up.  Your break was over a long time ago!" he lectured.  Just then, Yixing gave a small snore and turned over, facing Junmyeon.  His dark eyelashes stood out clearly oh his pale skin and his pinkish mouth was parted ever so slightly.  Junmyeon leaned a little closer unconsciously, captivated by the sleeping boy.  Junmyeon had always felt slight respect and admiration for the boy who had haemophilia but he always felt more cautious about himself when he was around the boy. There was always a small tightening of his chest when he saw the boy working, greeting all the blushing girls at the doorway, and he did not know why.  Although Yixing had been working at the café for almost a year now and was famous for sleeping, he had never seen the boy when he dozed off. He was mesmerised.  All of a sudden, he flushed, his cheeks turning as red as his hair as he realised the close proximity between him and his colleague. Clearing his throat, he stood up, too flustered to continue trying to wake Yixing up, forgetting for a moment that Shannon was still standing at the doorway.

 

Shannon frowned slightly as she watched the scene unfolding in front of her.  It was..... interesting.  Spotting Luhan sauntering down the corridor, she grabbed hold of his shirt sleeve and jerked her head at the two boys, whispering, "Princess Lulu, what's their deal? Does red-head have the hots for sleepy?" Luhan peered into the locker room and scoffed, "Those two? Yeah, I'm pretty sure Manager likes Yixing in some way, I mean he can't look him in the eye properly and rarely ever speaks to him.  But then again, Yixing's too blur to notice much."

 

A smile appeared on Shannon's face.  It was small but completely genuine.   "I know! I'll help them get together! I've  always hated it when people are homophobic, so if I help two guys become a couple, it'll be as if I'm saying In your face es," she squealed, feeling pleased with herself.

 

Luhan shifted his gaze onto Junmyeon and Yixing and shook his head in pity.  Shannon's ideas didn't usually work, at all.  He turned back to face her as she opened to continue.

 

"Besides, I've always wanted to have a gay friend."

 

 

Author's Note:

Okay, again, I'm really sorry for not updating and if you think this chapter is short, but I wasn't sure how I should go on to write this chapter, because I've got like the main parts of how the couples get together and etc, planned out but not the rest.  I was going to update lon Friday, but I had to go to the airport because I was going away.  Enough of these excuses, I shall explain some stuff you guys may be confused about.  The girl is Shannon Arrum Williams from 5dolls, mainly because she's              half-Brit /Welsh and I think that's cool.  So this is like a summarised character profile.  She isn't really Kevin's cousin but like his parents' friends' kid/neighbour when they were younger, so he's like an older brother to her but to simplify it, they call each other cousins.  She knows English because her dad's from UK, Korean because her mum's Korean, Chinese because Kevin taught her and Japanese because she loves anime so she taught herself. Ummmm...... so...... please comment and subscribe!

imperfect_narcissist