Oh Yoona..

A Love Potion

I nodded my head as the ryhthym flowed through my ears. I was listening to my favorite song "Gayuma" (Love Potion) by Abra, while daydreaming of the man I mostly loved.

 

"Have you been sitting there for too long?" I jerked my head upwards and saw a tall, handsome man smiling at me.

"Kris!" I removed my earphones and stood up. I looked at his flawless face, his dazzling smile, his blonde hair, and his kissable lips. My heart started to beat faster, and I felt butterflies on my stomach. I never grew tired of this feeling, this is my medicine everyday... him. My best friend. My love. "Heyyy.. I noticed something... You're always late whenever we meet, why is that, huh?" I shook his arms and pouted. Then as realization hit me, I gasped. "Omo! Don't tell me you're courting someone again?!!" I shouted.

"Ssshhh!" Kris put his finger on my lips to hushed me. "You're too noisy, people are staring." he hissed. 

"Oopps." I smiled apologetically. He smiled back.

"Well, ok. You're right. I've been courting someone now. Her name is Tiffany. Do you know her? She's in Arts major." he said.

Psssh. Of course I knew Tiffany. Tiffany is not just a simple Arts major. She was our campus queen, our campus athlete, our campus I-don't-care-anymore. I felt bitter but I still managed to plaster a smile for him. "Oh yes, I knew her. She's the one who won Ms. Campus Beauty right?" I asked innocently.

"Yes." Kris smiled, his eyes brightened with happiness. "The one and only. Where do you want to eat lunch? McDonald's? Jollibee? Chowking? Mang Inasal?" he asked me.

"Mang-Inasal!" I answered excitedly.

"Okay. Let's eat there, then I'll tell you about Tiffany."

So we went for Mang-Inasal and ordered chicken barbeque - our favorite. The moment we took our orders and sat on our chairs, he started talking and talking about Tiffany. I don't really care, yet I nodded my head every now and then, looking like I'm interested at his story. So instead of listening, I stared absent-mindedly at him, looking at his every features... wishing he was mine....

After we ate our lunch, we walked our way back to school. Just then, Kris started to run away from me.

"Oy! Kris!" I called him. Then I watched him approach an old woman who was about to cross the street by herself. Kris put his arms around her and helped her cross, lifting his hands up every now and then to signal the coming vehicles to stop for a while. After he successfully helped the woman, he came back to me, smiling.

"Sorry, hehe. Let's go?" he said.

I just shrugged. He's always like this. Always too kind. Too helpful. We're the exact opposite. But that's why I liked him. He's very unique. Isn't he?

"Oh, yeah Yoona. Can we stop at the mall for a while? We still have an hour left before class." he said.

"Sure! What for?" I asked him while we turned around and went for the mall near our campus.

"I need to buy some clothes for tomorrow. I need to look presentable. I asked Tiffany for a date and she agreed! Isn't it exciting?" he asked me, his smile was so wide I can see how happy he was.

"Yes." I answered glumly.

 

(...At the mall...)

"Hey Yoona! What's better? Red or blue?" he asked me while holding two shirts in front me for comparison.

"Green". (-_-)

"What do you think is more romantic? Lunch or dinner?" he asked again.

"Breakfast." (-_-)

"Tiffany or you?" he asked.

"Me." O_______O "I mean, of course Tiffany and I are different. Oh gosh, it's almost time, let's go back to school!" I suggested, pulling him out of the clothing store.

 

(...The next day...)

I looked like a desperate idiotic stalker right now. I'm here at the mall, following Kris and Tiffany secretly. Why am I even doing this? I don't know. I guess I just love him too much.

They entered a restaurant and I followed behind. Just then, a waiter bumped into me and spilled water on my front. "UGH! Could you be more careful?!" I hissed at him, trying not to make a scene or Kris'll notice me. I went straight to the bathroom and wiped myself clean. "Stupid waiter." I muttered.

Just then, someone entered the rest room and I looked at the newcomer. It was Tiffany in front me. I rounded my eyes in shock and bit my lip. *What should I do?!* I frantically thought.

Tiffany looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"Hey, you're Tiffany, right?" I asked. She nodded in return.

"Yes, it's me.. Um. How did you know me?" she asked.

"Of course I know you! Who wouldn't, when you are the latest victim of that playboy Kris? He looks cute and kind, isn't he? Well, here's an advice from someone with experience: He's a heartbreaker. He never sticks to one. He'll just make you cry. Just like what he did... to me." then I dramatically sniffed. "After I gave him everything... he just left me alone. So, uh. I'll go ahead now, ok? Bye." I turned my heels and walked away from her.

Then I sneakily went outside the restaurant and ran, 

"YOONA!" someone called me from behind. I turned my back and saw another beautiful girl, holding out a beautiful bottle in front of me. 

"Who are you?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"I'm Jessica. I heard everything you said from that girl earlier. You're in love with that man named Kris, am I right?" she asked.

I narrowed my eyes. "Why do you care?" I said.

"I'm here to help you. Here." She put the beautiful bottle with gemstones in it on my palm. "That's a love potion. If you want Kris to love you back, just make him drink that. I used that, and it's effective." she said.

"And how can I be sure that you're not lying?" I asked, suspicious from what she said.

"Do you see that man over there?" she pointed at a handsome man in front of the ice cream store. "He never likes me but after I made him drink that, now he's head over heels from me. LUHAN BABY!" she called.

The man named Luhan turned to look at us and waved. Jessica waved back.

"I'll go ahead now, ok Yoona? Take good care of that potion. Bye!" she waved at me and went over to Luhan, holding his hands.

I looked uncertainly at the bottle. What should I do..??


(...Later that night...)

"Yoona, why don't you drink? Come and join me, I don't want to drink alone!" Kris said while he hiccuped. His eyes were red and puffy and he looked completely down. "Why did Tiffany do that to me Yoona? She said I'm a player. You know I'm not! I didn't even have a single girl friend! Everyone called me names I'm not, why???!" he asked angrily, punching the wall. "Why why why WHY?!!"

"Kris. Stop!" I embraced him from behind and gently removed his fist from the wall. "You're not suppose to drink, did you forgot about your sickness?"

"I love her Yoona... why did she left me?" he asked miserably.

I secretly smirked. My plan was effective after all.

 

"That's a love potion. If you want Kris to love you back, just make him drink that. I used that, and it's effective."

"That's a love potion. If you want Kris to love you back, just make him drink that. I used that, and it's effective."

"That's a love potion. If you want Kris to love you back, just make him drink that. I used that, and it's effective."

 

I looked warily at the bottle beside my bag. Should I use it or not...?

"Here Kris, drink this." I offered him a glass of water and sneakily put a few amount of potion in it. 

Kris gratefully accepted the glass of water and drank it. I waited with bathed breath. Is it effective???

"Yoona, I'll just go to the bathroom, ok?" he said.

I was disappointed. Nothing happened!

"Ok." I answered lifelessly.

I waited for Kris to come back. 3 minutes.... 5 minutes.. 10 minutes...

"Kris? What's taking you so long?" I asked and opened the door.

"KRIS!" 

I hurriedly went towards Kris who's puking. Puking blood"Y-yoona..." he said weakly.

"Oh no! I told you not to drink alcohol! Did your sickness came back?!" I asked frantically. What is happening to Kris?!!! I thought he's already cured? Is his liver malfunctioning again..?

"Yoona.. it hurts,, Aaaagghh!" Kris shouted, pain etched on every corner of his face. "Come here Yoona..I love you my friend..."

I walked over him and held his hands. "Kris. Shut up. Don't speak like you're dying." Tears flowed in my cheeks. "I love you too.." I whispered.

I shivered and called the ambulance. "Hurry up.. Hurry up..." I frantically whispered, looking at my bloody best friend. I shut my eyes. *Why?!*.

 


"Let us all stand up and pray for Kris. He will be at peace now with our Lord." the priest called. Mourning people stood up and bowed our heads.

"Kris..." I mumbled, my heart was broken into pieces. "Kris... it's too early to leave us..." I cried uncontrollably. Auntie hugged me. 

"It's... it's ok Yoona.. My baby is fine now." she patted my back but then she cried hardly as well.

This is the worst thing in my life. Not seeing Kris's dazzling smile, flawless face, kissable lips, blond hair, my medicine.. my best friend.. my love...

After the burial, I walked around aimlessly, letting my feet drag me to a place I don't care where. I stopped my tracks when I saw a man in front of a bookshop. He looked familiar...

"Luhan!" I yelled. Luhan looked at me and knitted his eyebrows. I walked towards him and said, "Do you still remember me? I'm Yoona, I'm with Jessica the other day at the mall.." I stopped speaking. Kris was at the mall on that time too.

"Oh, yes. I remember you! How are you?" he asked kindly.

"I'm..." I paused. "I feel terrible. A terrible loss." I answered miserably. "Hey, where's your girlfrind? Jessica?" I asked.

Luhan tilted his head in confusion. "What? Jessica isn't my girlfriend. She's my sister." he said.

"What??! But... she told me.. she..." I stammered. Jessica told me Luhan is her boyfriend! "She gave me a beautiful bottle!" I said.

"Oh,? Wait. Don't tell me that's the beautiful bottle with gemstones?! NO. That's poison! It was the poison our Mom used when she committed suicide. It's hard to say but... Jessica? After our Mom died, she became crazy. Jessica is crazy."

I rounded my eyes in shock.

"That's a love potion. If you want Kris to love you back, just make him drink that. I used that, and it's effective."

"Here Kris, drink this."

"Yoona.. it hurts,, Aaaagghh!"

 

 

NO... NO.. NO....

 

I killed my best friend.