Chapter 2

The One who Came into my Life

 

Chapter Two

Jess and I walked out of the doors of the school. It had gotten dark a little bit, same old routine: grade papers, leave kind of late, try to find somewhere to eat, listen to her singing get better each day and head home. I looked up to the setting sky getting dark with each passing minute.

“You okay there, Sam?” Jessica asked me with a little bit of concern in it, she was looking at me with that same expression, like last time when I had gotten lectured over something stupid and was really quiet.

“Yeah, I’m fine, let’s just find somewhere to eat, arra?” I answered with a small smile on my face. I couldn’t tell her how much I wanted to do something else, but I knew she was tired of it too, but it’s not the weekend yet.

“How about we go to a steak place?” She smiled at me widely that he teeth showed. I had to think about it for a few seconds.

“Sure Jess, but where would we find it at?” I asked her.

“I know a GREAT place!” She squeaked happily, putting her hands together to make a clapping sound out of them.

“Calm down woman! Don’t need you scaring anybody with happy squeals!” I scolded as I grabbed her hands to make her calm down a bit.

“Fine, fine Sam, I will calm down.” I answered in a sarcastic way. I was about to smack her head, but she started walking ahead of me. I followed behind her.

“I wonder if it’s still good, the short-cut I mean.” Jess chimed in, tilting her head to the side with a questioning look to her face.  I didn’t say anything, because I have never seen or used this “short-cut.”As we get to an alleyway, she took a sharp turn, and I had to quicken my pace.

“Aish, next time, warn me when you are making any turns!” I snapped a little at Jess with a glare.

“Mian, but we were going to pass it.” She said with an apologetic look to her tone while looking straight ahead. We started to get closer, because I could smell the food from somewhere; it smelled really good, that my mouth started watering.

“Are we here now?” I asked with an anxious tone, hungry.

“Yes we are!” She said while smiling wide, and led me to it. It was huge to be a restaurant! It had, at least what I could tell, three floors with many windows. It was white with a red roof and the frame of the door and windows are black.

“Like what you see, Sam?” Jess asked me with a wide smile on her face.

“Yeah, I do actually!” I answered excitedly. I opened the door to the place, but it was a little weird because it didn’t have a name on it.

“Maybe it was knocked down, or something.” I thought in my head as I walked in with Jessica.

It was really HUGE on the inside! The tables were scattered, but it still looked like it had more room to it! The carpets that covered the floor were black with white Tiger lilies on them, some of it had different designs of animals and people, the poles were big and squared with a really nice marble carvings and designs that were hand painted on them. The buffet was really long and had more food on it that looked AND smelled good! It had stairs going towards the second floor; the railing had golden shine to it with a lion’s head on the bottom and top. As we waited, I kept my body back and forth, looking around at everything that makes this place beautiful.

“Right this way.” A young woman said. I looked at her; she had long black glistening hair that touched her lower back, a nice red shirt with cool designs on it and black sweats with white socks and black slip on shoes.

“I will seat you now.” She said while walking, we followed her to a table that sat next to the window that looked at a really nice scenery, green trees and beautiful blue sky with clouds.

“Where are we...?” I had a puzzled tone, but she heard me.

“You are sitting next to this particular window that shows off the best part of this place, we kept it hidden, that is why we are hidden so no one will find this place and take the nature away from us.” She explained and smiled warmly at us.

“What would you like to drink?” She finally asked us.

“Diet Coke if you have any.” I answered her with a smile.

“I’ll have the Red Flash please.” I asked her, smiling as well.

“Okay, one of the men will bring your drinks.” She told us and left. I watched her go, and then I felt a nudge on my arm.

“Ready to go get our food?” Asked Jess with a smile.

“Uh, yeah.” I answered when I smiled back at her. We walked up to the buffet tables and got our food.