Final

Sleeptalking

"What movie do you wanna watch?" Kris asked, scanning the selection on Netflix. 

"Ehh... I don't really care," you responded, your head resting on his shoulder. 

"Okaaay," he sang, "so don't get mad at me if I choose a scary movie!" 

"Whatever. I'm not scared. I'm a big girl now." You stuck your tongue out at him. He grinned and chose Texas Chainsaw Massacre, glancing at you to see your reception. You gulped but put your poker face on. You hated gore and blood and all that nasty stuff but if Kris wants to see it, it's alright with you.

Once the movie started, you regretted your decision. Carnage filled the screen. Blood was shown every five seconds. The sound of the chainsaw's whirring grated your ears. You hated every minute of the horror flick but Kris seemed to be enjoying it and kept his eyes glued to the TV. Knowing you couldn't take this any longer, you focused on the coffee table in front of you. On it lay a framed picture of you, your family, Kris, and his family during Christmas, donned in cozy sweaters. 

You've known Kris since forever. His mom and yours were best friends and they've arranged playdates since your birth. You grew up with him, first in diapers, then in backpacks, and finally here you guys are. Kris is a trainee in SM Entertainment and you're in college pursuing a higher education.

It was always fun with him. When Kris was there, you just felt so relaxed and free. You could make dirty jokes. Chew with your mouth open. Curse. Not wear any makeup. But lately, you've started to develop a crush on him, which was weird because you've seen him at his worst and you know all the gross habits he has. Ever since he was accepted as a trainee in SM, Kris has changed. He's become less of "that kid who peed his pants in middle school" to more of "that hot guy who raps." A lot of your friends found him attractive even before he was a trainee but you never saw what the fuss was until one day, you understood. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris dribbled the ball around the court, swiftly keeping it out of your grasp. You ran up to him, trying to take the basketball away but he was just too good. 

"It's not fair!" you whined, "You were the captain of your basketball team!" 

He smirked. "It's not my fault I'm awesome. Come on, ______. I know you're good at this game." 

You were about to give him the evil eye until you tripped on an untied shoelace, sending you flying across the concrete pavement. Your face made contact with the ground. Seeing this, Kris dropped the ball and immediately came to your side. 

"_______. _______. Are you okay?" 

"Do I look okay to you?" you said as you got up, "My face feels as if someone -slapped me acr-"

You stopped when you saw him staring at you intently. Your heart fluttered. What was going on?

Kris dusted some dirt out of your face. "You took quite a fall there."

You felt your face heating up and you slapped away his hands. "Hey. I'm good. I can take care of myself."

Kris ignored you, resuming cleaning your face. A strand of hair fell in front of his eyes, and you resisted the urge of push it out of his face.

"Your face feels really warm," he said, putting the back of his hand on your forehead, "are you sick?"

You shrank away from his touch. "Kris. Seriously. I'm fine."

"Just checking." He got up and held his hand out. "Ready for round two?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your daydream was interrupted by a loud yawn. 

"Tired?" you asked. 

"Yeah, just a little bit. I'm taking a short nap. Wake me up when a good part happens." He promptly put a pillow in your lap and laid his head on it, dozing off in a few quick minutes.

You smiled down at him. Kris was ginormous, over six feet tall, but he was curled up in a fetal position, reminding you of a giant baby. You patted his head. "Sweet dreams," you said softly. 

You turned your attention to the TV again and sighed. Blood poured out from a guy's lifeless body while the chainsaw murderer dude was busy cutting some person in half. Delightful.

Just then, you heard Kris grumble. Talking in his sleep again? You rolled your eyes. Just one of his weird habits. But your ears pricked up when he said those three words. 

"I love her," he mumbled, his eyes still closed.

What? 

You couldn't believe what you were hearing.

"I love her so much," he repeated. Your heart dropped.

This is a dream, right?

"Kris, who's 'her'?" you whispered even though you knew he was too far into dreamland. As expected, you received no answer so you just sat on the couch in silence, your lips in a tight line. Who the heck was he talking about? Was it that girl he liked in high school? Another trainee? His dance teacher? Or was it one of the SNSD members? You couldn't blame him. There were gorgeous but still! You needed to know. 

But as if by a miracle, Kris replied. 

"______." 

Your eyes widened. Me? A huge grin spread across your face and you did a happy dance. Unfortunately, due to the commotion, you accidentally woke Kris up. 

"Huh? What?" he groaned. 

"Sorry!" you apologized, "I didn't mean to." 

He drowsily blinked his eyes at you. "You know, your lap's really comfortable." 

You laughed. "Thanks." 

He turned to the TV, still laying in your lap. "No good parts yet?" You shook your head. 

After a few minutes, you exhaled. "So you were talking in your sleep again." 

"Oh really?" Kris' attention was fixated on the blood-covered chainsaw. 

"Yeah. And you said some really weird things too." 

At this, he whipped his head around to look at you. Concern lined his face. "Like what?" 

"Just stuff." 

He grabbed the remote on the coffee table and stopped the movie. "Seriously, _____. What did I say?" 

You stared at the glass surface of the table. "Yousaidthatyoulovedme." 

"Oh." He ruffled his hair. 

"Is it true? Or did you have some strange dream? Cause I'm okay if you have feelings for me, that's cool. But if you don't, that's okay too, cause that's cool. But it'd be even cooler if you actually did like me because I like you and I've had a crush on you for a while which is embarrassing because I still remember when you tripped into that mud-" 

Kris covered your mouth, his hand almost taking up half of your face. "Calm down. I like you. It's just that I wasn't sure if you liked me back so-" 

You pulled his hand off of you. "Really?!" 

"Yeah really." His face was turning red. 

"Kris, I've been wanting to hear you say that for so long!" 

"Well, now you'll get to hear me say it again. I love you, ______, and I'd want you to be my girlfriend." 

You smiled brightly but on the inside, you were bouncing with joy. "Yes, yes, yes!" 

"Good. I don't know what would have happened if you said no." He kissed you, and you felt like you could explode with happiness, unlike the chainsaw murderer dude's victims.

"_____, I have a confession to make," Kris said as he laid his head in your lap again. 

"Yeah?" 

"I was never asleep."