When Something Perfect Has To End

Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kindly listen to this song while reading it. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgEFfZOV9GQ

 

 

 

It is 2am already but Baekhyun is still wide awake, worry eating him up as he pace around the dark living room. He hasn’t called him yet, not even a single text message.  He left even before Baekhyun woke up and now he’s long gone home from work, still, no trace of him.

 

The sound of keys falling and muttered curses made Baekhyun stop from pacing. Finally! Baekhyun wants to pretend that he doesn’t care, that he’s not worried sick just a few seconds ago, that it just happened that he’s still wide awake and that no, he’s  not waiting for him. But as the door opened, revealing a too drunk Kris, all of Baekhyun’s pretence evaporated to thin air. Kris was too drunk to notice him standing there watching him as he knocks everything that gets on his way. Baekhyun ran up to him and without saying anything, he placed the taller’s arm around his small shoulders. It’s obvious, he weighs kilograms heavier than the little guy but Baekhyun didn’t mind. As long as it is him, he doesn’t mind. All he can think of right now is Kris is drunk again for the nth time this week. He wants to ask what’s going on but he doesn’t dare because deep inside he thinks he knows the answer. They’re falling apart. The once happy 5-year relationship felt like it was just a fragment of his imagination. The tight hugs were gone, the sweet nothings and I love yous were gone, the sweet and passionate kisses were gone, if it wasn’t for the collection of picture frames scattered all around the house, Baekhyun might just believe that all of these is just a dream.

 

They finally made it to the bedroom; their shared bedroom. It used to be their sanctuary, their little paradise but now, it felt like it is part of Alaska. It is too cold that Baekhyun feels miserably sick everytime he enters that certain room.

 

Baek laid Kris in the bed, after removing the older’s shoes which he obviously didn’t bother to remove due to drunkenness and helping him clean up, he settled himself beside the said man and opt to watch him sleep. Little did he know, tears already started rolling down his smooth cheeks. Kris slept with a painful expression on his face; even sleep doesn’t bring comfort to him.

 

“Baek. . . Baekhyun-ah. . . .mian. . . mianhe” Kris muttered in his sleep. And this time, a sob escaped Baek’s throat. He didn’t know when and why everything went wrong, he didn’t even noticed when it all crashed down, just yesterday he was whispering how much he loves Kris as the other plants soft kisses on his hair but now it felt as if they are two completely different strangers forced into a relationship. If there’s one thing Baekhyun can’t stand seeing, it is seeing Kris hurting.

 

Baekhyun caressed the older guy’s face then decided to play with his hair, Kris have always liked it when he does that. “What happened to us?” he silently asked the sleeping form beside him, not really expecting an answer.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

The second Kris woke up; he was welcomed by the hellish throbbing of his head. He just wants to bang it in the nearest wall so it would stop. But before he could do it, the form beside him moved, his eyes landed on the person’s face, he wanted to stare at it the whole day, he wanted to kiss those sweet lips, and he wanted to see that face smile once again. But he’s too afraid. He’s too afraid that he’ll cause more damage. That the smile he once knew would permanently leave that person’s face. Even if he wants to hold him, he stopped himself. He hates himself, for being the very reason why his Baekhyun’s beautiful face is stained with tears. He was too selfish; he wants Baekhyun all for himself. He wanted Baekhyun’s world to revolve around him, he was too selfish that he didn’t know that the Baekhyun he used to know was slowly slipping away. He caged the butterfly that was supposed to go around and show the world its beauty. And he hates himself for that.

 

Before Baekhyun could wake up, he slowly rose from the bed and decided to take a quick shower, he probably has to grab breakfast again at the coffee shop near their office.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter