Chapter 15

Dream Come True

Kyungsoo’s POV:

 

I woke up to the most wonderful sight ever. Kai was snuggled up to my side. I looked at his beautiful features with the sun shining against his tanned face. His long fringe covering his forehead. I slowly traced my fingers from his eyelids to his eyelashes to his nose and lastly his slightly parted lips. I looked at him and thought ‘Oh Lord, I was given such a wonderful gift.’ He really looked like the boy in my dreams and God I was thankful with what I was given. My fingers lingered a tab bit longer on his slightly parted plump lips and continued tracing the shape of his lips.

 

All of a sudden, he grabbed my wrist and smirked, “Good morning, beautiful.”

 

I was shocked by his sudden action and mumbled a soft morning earning a low chuckle from him. “You were awake all the while weren’t you?” I asked while hitting his chest continuously because I was too embarrassed.

 

Our moment was disturbed by my mum’s constant knocking on the door. The both of us quickly got up and rushed to the bathroom to wash up. Kai smiled at me through the mirror and I gave him and confused expression. And just then he leaned in with his hands around my waist and his head on my shoulders. “We look like a newly-weds, eh?” he smirked and I can feel his hot breath against my neck and he kissed it tenderly. I pushed him away saying that we can't do this because omma is waiting downstairs with breakfast.

 

Both of us stumbled downstairs and sat down on the table. Omma beamed looking at both of us when we greeted her together.

 

She sighed, “The both of you reminds me of myself when I just got married with Kyungie’s dad”

 

I dropped my utensils and grabbed her hands telling her that its okay.

 

She shook her head and said, “I think you should know about him.” I was shocked to even say a word. ‘Don’t that make Kai feel awkward? Maybe not since he wants to know about appa too.’

 

She slowly exhaled and began, “Your dad was the most wonderful man I’ve ever met. Just like you and Kai, we met when we’re in high school. He was my first love actually. I thought that It wouldn’t last long till the day he proposed out of the blue. We were having dinner at one of my favourite coffee shop; the one we always would have our coffee together. I said yes with teary eyes. Our families accepted the proposal and we got married a year after. We were happy when we found out that I was pregnant with you, Kyungie-ah. We even decided on what to name you even before knowing your gender. When you were born everything got better. You were a miracle. I was thankful that you came about. You had his eyes while you have my lips. Our happiness was short lived when we found out that he met with an accident when he was rushing home to celebrate your first birthday. I was devastated. The only memory that you will always have of him was the bear that he bought for you. I’ve thought of giving up a lot of times but I didn’t when you always looked up at me with that eyes that always reminds me of him. That’s the reason why we are still here, Kyungie-ah. Please treasure Kai a lot before its too late, okay honey? And Kai, please take care of him because he is all I have right now.” Omma cried as she slowly wiped her tears away.

 

My heart clenched looking at the condition she was in. I just realised how much she went through. After she left the kitchen, Kai grabbed my hands and gave them a comforting squeeze, “You can cry it out if you want to. Both of us have been through a lot, I know that.”

 

Oh Lord, thank you for blessing me with this beautiful man in front of me and please give omma the happiness she deserves’ I thought.