Nightingale part 1

Nightingale
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 chapter one 
Nightingale pt.1
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
________________________________________

The summer days were humid causing workers at Woolim Fashion Industry to loaf around. All the workers wanted to get out but that wouldn’t happen until night came. They yearned for the cool night not only to feel the breeze, but, also the summer nights were perfect for clubbing and chilling with friends.

Nam Woohyun loved the summer nights especially this one. He didn’t know why but he had a feeling tonight was going to be the best night he ever had.

He watched the clock moving its handle slowly. He was frantic of how slow the clock was. He wanted it to move faster so he could be with his six best friends in the world.  

Work ended at 6:40 for the workers at the fashion industry. All the workers took a peek at the clock. It was so close to being at 6:40 but it seemed like an hour has passed by since the clock handle had moved. Finally, the clock strike at 6:40; everyone cheered then dashed out the office getting ready for the summer night.

Woohyun came out the office heading to his car. He drove home to take a shower and got ready for the night out with his home-boys. He wore a black buttoned shirt with black pants with a chain coming from the pockets. He ed the top part of his shirt leaving a small opening of his muscular chest.

Woohyun walked out of his apartment. His friends were already waiting for him downstairs. They gave hugs and talked a bit then headed to the club.

The club was packed with people dancing and enjoying their time when they entered. Hoya and Dongwoo, two of Woohyun’s best friends, ran to the dance floor. They were full of energy. Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and Sungjong joined the two dancers. They had a blast. Sunggyu, Woohyun’s friend that was a brother to him, joined Woohyun at the bar. They ordered two beers.

“It sure is lively tonight” said Sunggyu sipping his drink.

“It’s always lively in here” Woohyun chuckled as he took a sip of his drink as well.

“I wondered if anyone is going to sing tonight?” asked Sunggyu. Woohyun shrugged. They continued to have a conversation when Woohyun spotted something or someone is the corner of his eyes. It was a young woman. She had long rich brown hair that reached her arms. Her eyes were dark brown. She had amazing creamy white skin. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever lay eyes on. The young woman was walking through the crowd. His eyes followed her until he was interrupted by Sunggyu waving his hands in Woohyun’s face.

“Hey Woohyun” said Sunggyu trying to get his attention.

“What is it” he removed his eyes from her.

“What are you looking at?”

Woohyun was about to point to the gorgeous young woman he had seen but she was long gone. He gave a soft sigh then looked at Sunggyu.

“Nothing” Woohyun replied, “I was just thinking about something”.

They hear the crowd cheering. Both of them turned their attention to the cheering crowd. The owner of the night club came out.

“Hey guys” said the owner, “How’s everyone doing?” there was multiple replies of “good”.

“Good, good so today we have a singer. She is an amazing singer from Seoul starting her career and so far is doing great. Today is going to sing to you a song she wrote herself. Now ladies and gentlemen welcome the beautiful Song Jieun.”

The crowd cheered for Jieun as she stepped on the stage. Woohyun’s heart was racing. It was the same young woman he saw walking in the crowd.

Jieun took the microphone and began to sing. Everyone was amazed by her voice. It was just amazing. Everyone, especially Woohyun, was mesmerized by Jieun. After she was done singing everyone in the club applauded for her. Jieun gave a small smile; Woohyun’s heart was beating.

“Wow, that was amazing” said Hoya as he approached Sunggyu and Woohyun.

“She has a voice like an angel” added Sunggyu.

“What did you think of her Woohyun?” asked Hoya. Woohyun didn’t listen to Hoya’s question; he just kept admiring the beautiful angel that was leaving the stage. Hoya and Sunggyu noticed how Woohyun was looking at Jieun. They knew what was happening and couldn’t resist teasing him.

“Looks like somebody got struck by cupid’s arrow” teased Sunggyu.

“Shut up Sunggyu” snapped Woohyun. Sunggyu was right; Woohyun has been struck by cupid’s arrow and now he wanted to be with the angel.

Jieun walked to the far back of the club. Woohyun guessed her dressing room was there. He watched her vanish in the back. Woohyun had an urge to follow her, but, he didn’t want his friends knowing what he was about to do.

“Hey guys, I’m going to the bathroom.” Woohyun told Hoya and Sunggyu but he was actually going to see Jieun.

“Mmmhmm going to the bathroom” Hoya said under his breath. Woohyun went to the back of the club into a hallway where he saw Jieun go in. The hallway was dark and narrow. He began to walk around the hallway but got lost along the way.

After walking in the hallway he stopped searching for Jieun. She was nowhere to be found. He was a bit upset but couldn’t do anything; he went back to the bar.

“Look who’s back” announced Dongwoo.

“Enjoy using the bathroom” teased Sunggyu. Woohyun just gave him a look telling him to knock it off. Sungjong came to them looking all drowsy and worn out.

“Hyung, can we go home” Sungjong begged them. They all agreed to the younger man’s request and started to head out.

The five young men were in front of Sunggyu and Woohyun as they walked out of the club. Woohyun was a bit upset that he didn’t get to see the beautiful woman who was known as Song Jieun; there was something about her that drew Woohyun. Sunggyu noticed Woohyun’s expression.

Sunggyu patted Woohyun’s back. “Don’t worry man, you’ll see her again.”

“And when will that be” questioned Woohyun. Sunggyu was about to answer when he saw Jieun right there on the other side of the sidewalk walking. A plan popped into his mind and called over Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Sunggyu whispered his plan into their ears then, it was put in action. Woohyun was wondering what they were talking about until he saw Sungyeol and Myungsoo run the other direction of the sidewalk where Jieun was.

“That will now” Sunggyu pointed over to Jieun. Woohyun stopped when he saw Jieun.

 Jieun was walking down the sidewalk, her hair swaying side to side as she took each step. She was holding music sheets in her hand along with her purse. Woohyun smiled when he saw her but his smile soon turned into a frown when Sungyeol and Myungsoo bumped into her knocking down her music sheets then running away like naughty teenagers; the sheets were scattered all over the sidewalk.

“You do realize this is your chance.” Without hesitation Woohyun ran to Jieun helping pick up her music sheets.

Jieun was on the cold hard concrete sidewalk picking up her papers when Woohyun appeared right before her helping her.

“Are you alright?” he asked while picking up her music sheets. She gave a quick nod then examined the stranger who was helping her. Woohyun picked up the music sheets; they both stood up and he handed her the papers.

“You’re not hurt, are you?” he asked her making sure she was alright.

“Yes I’m fine” she looked at him, “Thank you for helping me” she gave a warm smile that melted his heart. He smiled back at her. There was an awkward silence between them for a minute until Woohyun saw Hoya and Dongwoo far behind Jieun making gestures telling him to make a move. Woohyun did what he was told.

“Um, I’m Nam Woohyun” he held out his hand to greet her.

“I’m Song Jieun” she took his hand and shook it. Woohyun was electrified by her gentle touch that he began to blush.

“I heard you sing at the club” he tried to start a conversation.

“You were there” she sounded a bit surprised.

“Yeah; you have an amazing voice.” He thought he sounded like an idiot.

Jieun gave a small giggle. “Thank you.”

“You sounded like an angel” he wanted to slap himself for saying that.

“Thank you, again”

There was another awkward silence. Woohyun was feeling like jelly just standing in front of Jieun; he couldn’t take it anymore.

“Um-it was nice meeting you” he stuttered a bit.

“You too Woohyun, I hope to see you soon”

She gave a wave then walked past him. He watched her walk away. The guys came over to see what the result was.

“So how was it?” asked Sungjong. Woohyun told them what happened then began to hit his own head. Dongwoo tried to calm him down.

“You’ll see her soon so stop hitting yourself” commanded Hoya.

Woohyun did what he was told and all of them went home.

The next day at work Woohyun sat at his desk, his head laid down on his paper work while he dreamed about Jieun. Unfortunately his dream was interrupted by Myungsoo who asked him he wanted to go out for some coffee with Sungyeol and him. Woohyun accepted the offer.

They went to Sweet Bliss coffee shop. Sungyeol bought them all coffee. Myungsoo and Sungyeol began to talk while Woohyun was dreaming about Jieun. He wanted to see her, her warm brown eyes, her long soft brown hair, her flawless milky skin, her gorgeous smile, and he wanted to hear he angelic voice.

“Looks like Woohyun is dreaming about the nightingale” said Myungsoo taking a sip of coffee.

“Who’s the nightingale?” asked Woohyun.

“Song Jieun the one who you can’t stop thinking about. She’s called the nightingale at the club. I know this because someone told me at the nightclub.”

“I can see why the call her that” said Sungyeol. They were talking when someone walked in the coffee shop that caught their attention. It was Jieun. Woohyun watched her walk in while Myungsoo and Sungyeol were bickering. Jieun went up to the counter.

“Looks like the hunter spotted his target” teased Sungyeol.

“Go up to her and don’t mess it up” ordered Myungsoo.

“Ask her out on a date” added Sungyeol.

Woohyun went up to Jieun. He was calming himself down so he could be Mr. Cool.

Jieun placed an order and was going pull out her $4.56 but Woohyun stopped her.

“Allow me” he paid the casher before jieun could say anything. Jieun looked at him surprised. The casher went to the back.

“So we meet again Woohyun” she smiled.

“Yes we do”

“We meet yesterday and now today”

He just smiled.

“You didn’t have to do that” she said.

“Do what”

“Pay for my coffee”

“But I wanted to” he gave a y smile.

“What do you want from me?” she asked nicely.

“I want you to go to the fair this Saturday”.

“Are you asking me on a date?”

“Yes I am”

“We just meet yesterday and now you’re asking me on a date”

“Well it’s a great way of getting to know each other”

She gave a small cute laugh. The casher came back with her coffee. He handed it to her then left to help another customer.

“We can just get to know each other right now” she said.

“Yeah but I think spending time at a fun place is better”

She smiled and Woohyun thought he saw her blush. They both walked out.

“So is that a yes?” Woohyun asked when they came outside. She gave him a smile.

“It’s a yes” she smiled then walked away.

 
________________________________________
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
» So I'm making this into 2 parts. Hope you enjoyed the first chappie and hope it wasn't confusing.Leave a comment to tell me how I'm doing.In my opinion I think I could do better but what do you think? ^^