Names

Kyuhyuk Drabble Collection

Prompt: Names

 

Names.

 

Kyuhyun has never in his miserable life been good with names. Sure, he could remember faces pretty easily and could recognize who you were but to go as far as to associate that face with an actual name? No, that wasn't for him. It wasn't because he didn't want to remember. He simply couldn't.

 

It was frustrating because that's how most his friendships failed. He never called them by their names.

 

Hey warlock guy!, How are you doing polka dot girl?, How's it going guy slightly going bald who sits in front of me in every class? Did you finish the assignment ponytails? Those types of situations were the ones to blame for his total anti social, almost depressing and completely isolated school years.

 

It was in college that things changed.

 

That's when Kyuhyun met him.

 

He first saw him down the hall on his way to Political Science, the guy had dyed his hair blue making him really stand out from the rest of the students. The boy had almond shaped small brown eyes, fair skin, specs and he smiled...

 

He smiled widely, full on teeth and gums with no inhibitions, with no worries in life and somehow it was like all this happiness the guy let flow came rushing towards him, through his body and he didn't know why but he found himself smiling like a fool.

 

Maybe that's why when he hears one of the guys in the small group say Hyukjae and seeing the blue haired answering happily he just knew no matter what he did he just couldn't forget this name. He wouldn't allow himself to forget this name.

 

He let his hand fish around his left pocket for a pen and when he found no paper to immortalize the words in, he lifted his dark blue wool sweater sleeve and without hesitation he wrote them on his forearm.

 

When he reaches his class room he sits on the last row, takes out his notebook and writes down Hyukjae's name for a second time and then a third and a fourth and he found himself doing so every single day.