Cakes help a lot

Cakes help a lot

 

Here a little OS for Vinseop shippers <3 With a little tiny spoon of Dongli~

Enjoy !


 

My name is Woo Sunghyun or Kevin Woo. I'm a 21-year-old singer and I live in Seoul. I used to live in California before but I decided to come live in South Korea to pursue my dream. Actually I'm not what you can call a trully and fully singer as I only sing in clubs at night... Though, that's better than nothing. I live in a small appartment surrounded by big towers. You know, life in this town is quite expansive. I was very lucky to found this flat for cheap.

During the day, I usually go shopping or go to the library to read some fluffy fictions. Don't think it's weird, okay ? It's not that bad for a guy like me to read this kind of stuff, after all. I'm just... a little sensitive. Let's say it like that. So as you can see, I'm not often at home and I'm use to eat at a charming café for my breakfast and my lunch. This café is a very beautiful place with fine decorations and tasty plates. Plus, it's pretty cheap. Plus, the manager's son -which is the waiter and also one of the bakers- is very handsome and cute and y. Oh right, I forgot to mention that I am a man who loves other men, commonly known as a gay man. I discovered it two years ago when I took my plane for Seoul back in America. This day, a handsome man was sitting next to me and I was amazed by his face and all. It was love at first sight. Even if I never had any girlfriend before, I could tell it was love. You know when you can't think of nothing but the person in front of you, when you're gazing at them the mouth wide open, when your heart skips a beat et cetera. That's what happened and the guy noticed this. He asked me if I was okay, I only nodded.

During the fly I learned his name, Kim Kyoungjae called Eli. He was a Korean American just like me and about my age. We talked a lot and few weeks later, we became close friends. I never confessed to him though. He did first. He told me that he was dating another guy a little younger than us named Shin Dongho. I was disappointed... a lot. But then he introduced him to me and I couldn't help but think that this boy was totally cute ! The first thing I did was to poke his cheeks. He was acting like a spoiled child and Eli took a really good care of him. At this time I wished I could be Dongho... But with the time, my love for the blond guy turned into pure friendship. I was his best friend, his confident when he fought with his lover, nothing more.

One and half a year later the café I previously told you about opened. My two friends brought me there for the opening day. That day, I fell in love with the delicious food but more importantly, I fell in love with someone for the second time in my life. Yep, I fell in love with the only waiter. How could I resist his beautiful smile while he asked us our ordering ? Back then he had red hair –I think that's why I kept so fascinated, it suited him so much ! Just like with Eli, I learned his name and a lot of thing about him. Kiseop -that's what he's called, Lee Kiseop- helped her mother with this café as a waiter and a baker, he liked photography, when he was stressed he used to exercise and all. We kept talking during his breaks as I came everyday, every morning and every noon. Once again, I never confessed to him my feelings. I just talked to him friendly always thinking that for Kiseop I only was a customer which he would forget about once at home. I always thought that I wasn't even a friend for him. I always thought that... until today.

As I'm huh... talking to you right now, the man I'm deeply in love with is seating next to me speaking about something -and I don't have any clue of what it is he's talking about. Let me explain. I was peacefully relaxing on a bench and I saw Kiseop on the other side of the street. He turned his head, saw me, smiled and ran towards me. He said that he just finished his dance session and that he was heading to his home before he noticed me. Oh yeah, he once told me that he liked to dance as a hobby.

 

« Kevin, are you okay ? »

 

He pulls me out of my thinking. I simply look at him with questioning eyes.

 

« You've been daydreaming all the time, weren't you ? »

 

I didn't answer. Well I did if humming counts as an answer. He sighs. I think the fact that I wasn't really listening to him -I wasn't listening to him at all- annoys him, but just a little. I admit I understand him. It's quite frustrating when someone is gazing at you without even listening to one word that you are saying.

 

« Look. I was asking you if you would like to taste some new cakes for the café. As a regular customer I thought it was a good idea to let you try the new recipes.

_ Huh... Yeah ! Yeah ! Why... not ?

_ So, can you come there at seven this evening ? You're not working tonight, right ?

_ No, no, I'm totally free. I can come, yeah.

_ Alright ! We'll meet at seven o'clock then ! »

 

With that, he smiles widely and leaves while I stay here, seating on the bench and watching him walking away. I don't have anything to do for the day so I decide to go to the commercial center. It's only a quarter to five now ; I have nearly more than two hours to waste before the meeting hour. I walk to there and wander around, checking out some new clothes and accessories I will buy later. Or... I can buy some right away ! These earrings and those trousers are so cool ! Hem... Stop going crazy over fashion Kevin, I know you can do it. Like that I continue my little walk until I have to go.

Seven o'clock arrives and I'm already in front of the café's door. Not long after, it opens letting Kiseop finds his way outside. He smiles to me and leads me to a car -which I presume is his. I thought he would've let me taste the cakes in the café... Weird.

 

« Hum... Where are you taking me ?

_ To my house. Mom needs the local for a meeting with old friends.

_ Oh, I see. »

 

Let's analyse the situation. Me, Kevin Woo, is going to Kiseop's house with Kiseop himself whereas I have a crush on him. Please brain don't let me act like a weirdo tonight. Just not tonight. Oh crap... I think Kiseop noticed the fact that I'm overly tensed right now... And he's smiling to me as always. And I smile too, a tiny little smile. This drive is too quiet. I have to say something but what ? Hum... How are you ? No, we met earlier. Do you know that you're really cute ? No no no ! What did I say brain ? Not a weirdo !

Suddenly, the car stops tearing me from my endless internal monologue. Kiseop gets up, exits the car and goes open my side door. How gallant ! Oh my ! I thank him -I'm civilized after all-, my cheecks a little warm as he only pats my head. He then leads me to the front door and lets us get inside. His house was big, that's the word. From outside it seemed regular but the inside is definitely big enough for eight living beings. I am litteraly stunned. The decoration is as beautiful than at the café I swear !

 

« Oh ! You're back, sonny ! Can I leave then ? Oh... And here is Kevin I presume. »

 

A woman is standing in front of us. Kiseop hugged her when she arrived and nodded at her guessing.

 

« Yup, it's him. I've ask Kevin to help me with the new recipes.

_ Oh right ! The recipes ! Work hard then, you two. I'm going ! »

 

She waves and leaves. Kiseop's mother -because I'm pretty sure she's his mother- seems as kind and sweet than her son. Like mother like son, right ? Or it was something else ? Well who cares ?

 

« You coming ? »

 

Kiseop speaks from the kitchen. I didn't notice that he already left while I was blankly staring at the floor with my mind fusing. I shake my head and walk over the dining room which was next to the entrance and saw him searching for something in the kitchen cupboards. I go towards him and watch him gather all the bakery fournitures.

 

« Can I help you with the making ?

_ Hum... Yeah. Can you do the cream, please ? I only have to put the dough in the oven and we will be able to decorate the three cakes.

_ Okay ! »

 

I giggled lightly as I put the milk on the fire. I was oh so happy to help that y man who is slicing fruits in the same room. I smile to myself. Maybe too long because the milk started to boil. I put it aside and mix the sugar with the flour, add the eggs and start to stir all that. It's quite tiring... Ugh... My arm starts to hurt. Am I this weak ? Really ?

 

« Here, let me help you with this. »

 

Kiseop gently takes the spoon from my hand and asks me to pour the hot milk in the mixture. What do I look like now ? I couldn't deal with some flour, sugar and eggs !

The cream was finished not long after. I put it in the fridge, proud of me -even if I didn't do a lot. The cream looks perfect, even over than perfect ! We now have to wait one hour before the cakes are totally cooked. Kiseop suggests to watch some TV shows. I accept. We had to find something to do and TV totally fits in this kind of situation. He turns on the screen and switches over the channels until he finds a musical show. I really enjoy those. Thanks to them I wanted to become singer and now I am. Maybe it was the same with Kiseop and his love for dance. Half an hour later, he puts his arm around my shoulders and starts to play with my hair. I skip a heartbeat. I feel my face burning. And feeling his fingers playing with my hair is kind of relaxing.

 

« Hey, sleepyhead. Wake up. »

 

I hear someone. This voice does sound familiar. Hum... Oh crappy crap ! I open my eyes and stretch my arms, pouting as I couldn't help this habit. Kiseop giggled. Man, I just fell asleep on his shoulder...

 

« You look cute when you pout. »

 

What did he just say ?

 

« What did you say ?

_ Nothing. Wanna help finishing the cakes ?

_ Huh, right. »

 

I swear I heard the word « cute » from his mouth... Well we have to finish the cooking and after I will taste them ! Woohoo ! Sugar for me ! We go to the kitchen once more and Kiseop takes the cakes out of the oven while I take the cream and the sliced fruits out of the fridge. He cuts the three cakes in two parts and fills them with chocolate, cream and fruits. As for me, I am in charge of the external ornaments. I take the socket and fills it with cream and start to decorate the garnished cakes. I'm a little hesitant though... I've never properly put cream on a cake before... Should I do it like this or like that maybe ? Hum...

 

« Kevin.

_ Yes ?

_ Let me show you. »

 

Oh so kind Kiseop pats my head, places himself behind me and his hands over mine to help me with the setting. God why does he have to do that to me ? He isn't aware of my feelings or what ? Oh right... he isn't since I never told him. Stupid me. Now I have to support the feeling of his chest against my back and his breath over my ear... I swear that if I turn my head I can kiss him. Such a temptating idea. Should I give it a try ? Wait ! Brain stop this instant !

 

« Got it ?

_ Hum... Huh... Quite got it... ?

_ Does it mean that I have to keep on helping you ?

_ Yes, it does ! Pretty please ?

_ Okay, okay. Don't worry. It's just fun because I'm helping you when you had to help me.

_ Aw... Sorry...

_ No problem, really. »

 

Maybe I was acting a little too dumb to keep his body against mine. But it's so pleasant ! I'm just melting... Let's enjoy it as far as possible ! We rapidly finish the three cakes and I sigh while putting the socket on the worktop. They look beautiful. Hard to guess I partially did them ! Who knows, maybe I have talent for pastry.

 

« They look good. »

 

Kiseop said that linking his arms around my waist and laying his head on my shoulder.

 

« Totally ! Let's eat them ! »

 

I tried to not focus on his touches too much and bring the food tasting to save myself from an overheating. He nods and we carry the cakes to the dining table. I take a seat while Kiseop goes find a knife and two plates. We take a part from each pastry and taste them right away. I open my eyes wide when I take a first bite. It. Was. Purely. Heavenly. Delicious ! I rapidly take other bites as if I've never eat something this tasty before. Kiseop, on the other hand, have a sweet smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes. Those lovely eyes...

 

« Do you like it ?

_ A lot ! Definitely a lot !

_ Good. Oh ! Did you notice ? »

 

Notice ? Notice what ? His sudden very touchy behaviour ? Of course I noticed ! But I don't think that's what he's actually talking about...

 

« Notice what ?

_ Look at the cakes. »

 

Man, he's weird sometimes. I look at the cakes just like he said. There's nothing to notice here, though. These are cakes, right ? One with chocolate and bananas, another one with straberries and... the last one with pineapples... Wait ! Those are my favorites ! How would he know ? I look at him with surprised and confused eyes. He laughs a bit and winks cutely.

 

« Those are your faves, right ? I took note of this as you often choose these kind of cakes at the café. »

 

Right, the café. I almost forgot about it.

 

« I also took note of something else during our little talks.

_ Something ? »

 

Dear you, whoever is hearing me, I'm sweating hard right now. When I asked for what he noticed he stood up, walked over to my seat and leaned to me, his hands on my shoulders. Now, he is staring at me, right in my eyes, his smile forever on his lips. Those kissable lips... Hold yourself Kevin. What's important for now is what was planning this guy.

 

« I may be wrong but... do you love someone ? »

 

What ?

 

« Huh... Yes... Yes, I do. »

 

He leans closer to me.

 

« Is this someone close to you ? »

 

He wouldn't have... Oh my...

 

« Sort of... »

 

He leans even closer until his face was a few centimeter away than mine.

 

« Is this close someone... me ? »

 

Oh God. He knows. How does he know ? Am I that obvious ? I was sure he never noticed ! He acted like a friend with me so when does he found out ?

I'm not able to form coherent words. I open and close my mouth many times.

 

« Am I right ? »

 

I nod lightly, not wanting to admit it, not right now.

 

« Good. »

 

He leans even closer, filling the gap between our faces and links his lips with mine. My heart just stops. His lips are soft and warm. He breaks the kiss and looks at me satisfied. My blood rushes to my cheecks realizing what just happened.

 

« You're cute when you blush too. »

 

With that he kisses me once more. And this time my mind reacts. I circle my arms around his neck and move my lips against his. I feel him smiling as he lifts me up to my feet and links his arms around my waist depening the kiss.

We break the kiss once again, out of breath, both our faces a little red. He my hair as I rest my head against his chest, a bit too shy.

 

« When did you notice that... I love you ?

_ Pretty early. Do you remember when I said that you have a beautiful voice ?

_ Hum... Yep.

_ You blushed like crazy this day. Not long after, I figured out that you might love me and I was right.

_ And why did you kiss me ?

_ What do you think about it ? »

 

I search for a reason in my mind. Maybe... No ! Impossible ! Right... ? I take a step backward and stare at him dumbfounded.

 

« You... me ? No ! Really ? What ? Huh ? But... »

 

He laughs as I say snatches of words and hugs me tightly, lifting my chin with his hand.

 

« Listen, I love you Kevin. I've loved you since the day I met you. You know, love at first sight. It might sound a little cheesy, though... »

 

Sweet honey iced tea ! I'm so happy ! But what ? Since he met me ? Why didn't he just tell me ? It would have been easier ! And that's me who's telling this whereas I was in the same position...

 

« Actually...

_ Yes ?

_ The love at first sight thing isn't cheesy at all. It was... the same for me.

_ Aw ! Do we have a fluffy hearted boy here ?

_ Shut up ! »

 

Then, we decide to save the cakes in the fridge and to watch some TV shows until late at night.

This night we cuddled to each other, saying sweet words to each other, we were making out not paying any attention to the television. From this night, Kiseop and I were officialy -is that appropriate ?- a couple. Oddly, when we announced that to Eli and Dongho -Kiseop and those two were getting along very well-, they were blaming our slow minds and teasing us about how oblivious we were. I... think those two dorks were aware of our own feelings way sooner than us.

 

 


Alright !

How was it ? Good or too fluffy and whatisthisabout? kind ? I really wanted to write a cute OS but it can become a multi-shot~ (with maybe ? I need to write )

Don't forget to comment <3

So I didn't proof-read it for now but I will~ If you see any typo and all let me know ;)