Last Day 1/2

That Black Shirt Photographer

BGM - 2NE1 Missing You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-j-NdiAyqI

 

It was morning, but way earlier than when the sun rises. It was about 4am and it was deadly quiet in the apartment. Myungsoo was asleep in the room you slept in before he arrived while Rae Na wasn't even at home because she had some last minute meeting.

You wanted to enjoy your last day spent with her but apparently it didn't seem she like she was coming back to the apartment until the next day.

Today, would be your last day in US, right before you left for Korea. At least, Myungsoo was intending to stay in US for a week or so before coming back, by then, everything would be in place.. So he won't have a chance to waver your emotions, making you reconsider your choices.

"Daebak. You're awake at this time?" Myungsoo asked as he walked towards you with his white knitwear on and his messy bedhair making look extremely unresistable.

"Goodness me, you're wearing white? I thought all you wore was black, black and black!" You gasped as you tugged his knitwear while he clung onto you like a puppy. "It's your favorite colour so I thought I must as well go for a change."

You gawked at him, "That's so cheesy!" Myungsoo blushed as he loosened his grip on you and jokingly you knocked his head, "Was I too much of an influence on you? Or was it Rae Na? She talked you into this, didn't she? That girl needs a guy man, she keeps peeking on us when we're all cozy on the couch, watching movies."

Myungsoo laughed as he kissed your forehead, "It's 4.10.. Can we go back to sleep? There's nothing to do at this ungodly hour. I know you're an early riser but damn! Not this earlyyyy. You made a whole lot of noise and woke me up, now how are you gonna compensate me?"

You made a disgusted face before unhooking his hands, "Go and sleep then.. I shall prepare a scrumptious breakfast for this pig in the meantime." Myungsoo pouted and shook his head, "No. As your boss, I order you to go back and sleep or at least let me hug you like a teddy bear come on, the bed is so uncomfortable."

You shook your head disapprovingly but followed him to the bedroom. Myungsoo lay on the bed and immediately, the single-sized bed looked too small for the both of you. "It's.. " 

Before you could complete your words, Myungsoo grabbed your hands and pulled you beside him, hugging you close to his chest. You could even hear how fast his heart beat was racing, but being close to him, his comfy knitwear was getting you tired. With a yawn, you drove to wonderland with that poodle beside you.

---

You continued to cut the carrots with Myungsoo snapping random pictures of you, his smile brighter than any other time you've seen him smile before. Seeing him smile like that, was a painful stab in your heart. It was a picture that didn't have to be taken physically, it was a picture that no matter how much you try to delete it, it wouldn't go away.

With a bitter smile, you took his camera and posed a peace sign as you snapped a picture of this bright, cheerful, yet different Myungsoo. You hated this, because in just less than 24 hours, he would lose this smile, this pretty beautiful true self of him, would be locked up deep inside. Who knows if it would ever show again?

"Why are you smiling so happily? I didn't know you were head over heels for me." You teased while looking at the smaller pieces of the carrots. It described how your heart was breaking into pieces now, aching so badly that you could feel like you were dying.

"If only everyday was like that, you cooking for me, I'm just snapping pictures away. It's like the perfect family scene any else wants. I never knew I would experience such a beautiful dreamlike scene in my entire life. But you," Myungsoo smiled as he tucked your hair behind your ears, "You made it possible for me. This won't ever end, right? There would be more times like these, right?"

You bit our lips as the tears threatened to fall. You quickly picked up the onion to start cutting, just before the tears fell. You laughed sourly, "I'm not your maid!" Myungsoo noticed your tears and chuckled, "The onions sting doesn't it? This is why I hate cooking. That's why today's meal is all on you."

You pursed your lips before wipping your tears away, "In that case, get out of the kitchen." 

"What if you poison my food?"

You rolled your eyes before pushing him out of the kitchen, "Don't come in until I tell you so. It's gonna be a surprise." Before Myungsoo could reply, you closed the sliding door and rolled down the curtains such that it blocked the transparent glass. 

"Fine! Chase me out then! I'll be editing the pictures to frame  it up once we're back in Seoul." Myungsoo shouted and you crumbled onto the floor. Painfully, you held your chest, using another hand, you covered your mouth, sobbing silently.

Why was it so painful? It was your last day with Myungsoo, you shouldn't ruin it like that. The more you thought about that, your heart wrenched in pain. It was so painful, you felt yourself breaking. The pain was more painful than death and at this point of time, you just wished you could die off peacefully, death at this moment sounded like the sweetest solution.

But no, you had your family. Your family would have to pay the huge sum of debt they owed your fiance if you died. It was too cruel. Even if it burns like acid corroting your heart off, knives slashing your infected wounds, billions of trucks taking their turns to slam into you, you still had to hold on.

*If only love wasn't so complicated, if only love was like a child's play. Then, letting go would be easier.*

 

[ I had to cut short this chapter because my own emotions was affecting my writing so I'll write the next part soon!! Thanks for your support! The story is ending in less than 10 chapters if I decide not to drag it ehehehe]