This Is You

The Chronicle of A place in this World

CHAPTER 1

 

THIS IS YOU

 

 

Sulli kicked the door open as she was busily exploring her the new phone on her hands, it was the lastest range of smart phone from Samsung, called Galaxy S4, and of course it was the most pinned item in her wishlist from the very first announcement of that biggest smart phone producer about their new generation of Galaxy S, and how sweet it was when her sister bought it for her 18th birthday present.

 

“Mom! Dad! Unnie! I’m homeeeeeeeee!”

 

She happily called out at the entry way.

 

Today was her 18th birthday and as usual, on every birthday of hers, she would come home to have dinner and celebrate it with her family. Actually, as a kid living in a modern world, she sometimes felt restricted and irritated thinking about how boring it was if she just celebrated her big day with her family, she once asked her father, Dong Gun to bring some of her close friends home on that day, but her father never said yes. They even fight about how her dad was stubbornly against it and she hadn’t talked to him for 1 week because of that.

 

*Flashback*

 

“The day before your birthday, yes… You can bring your friends home to celebrate your birthday with you a bit early, or the day after your birthday, you can invite them home to have a sleep - over party, and mommy will cook for you… But on your birthday, please do as your dad want, Jin Ri ah… He has his own reason, and it’s all for you…”

 

Her mother told her that, when she came in her room in the 8th night she hadn’t talked to her dad, and it was only 2 days left towards her 15 birthday.

 

“Why, Mom?” – She said as tears flew down her cheek… “I felt like he is obsessing about something, that he is protecting me too much, I’m sick of it…”

 

“You’re our everything, Jin Ri ah… Don’t ever think that your dad is too possessive over you, he has his own reason… It hurts him when you’re being like this…”

 

*End of Flashback*

 

 

“Mom? Dad? Unnie?”

 

Sulli was a bit surprised as she didn’t hear her mom or her dad answer back. She came to the kitchen, but no one there, she bit her lower lips, her eyes brows grew closer – “They told me to come home early and now what? They’re nowhere to find?”

 

She walked fast to the small garden behind and from the kitchen door she could hear the sounds of people talking.

 

“Do we have guests today? I remember on my birthday they will never allow any outsider?” – She thought, a little bit pissed off

 

Sulli pushed the door open and she was surprised starring at them as she saw people there, all strangers, immediately  people stopped talking as they aware of her appearance.

 

Not knowing how to react, Sulli just stood there, her two hands squeeze together nervously, she didn’t know why but a weird feeling came and covered her.

 

“Why do they just look at me like that?”

 

She let her eyes roam around the dining table which was set up in the middle of the garden with some lanterns hanging up on the tree to find her parents and her sister Victoria, she was awed by the preparation for her birthday party but the thought of the unknown guests made her irritated.

 

Then her eyes met with an old woman eyes, and the eye contact was somewhat so strong that she couldn’t pull herself away from it, a wave of emotion flooded and made something in her stomach brim up. A glint of happiness together with pain and sorrow flashed in her eyes, but an inner voice inside her told her that this woman was a very respectful and enchanted person. The old woman smiled at her when she saw Victoria sat up in the chair next to the old woman and bow a bit before walking towards her, her two eyes were a bit red and puffy, as if she had just cried.

 

“Sulli, I mean… Princess, please come over here…” – Victoria said softly, guiding Sulli to the empty chair beside Ha Neul, her mother’s eyes were teary too.

 

“Princess? Unnie, are you too dramatic, I’m 18 and I no longer want people to call me Princess…” – Sulli pouted, her two eye brow knitted together, always wanted to be treated as a grown up, Sulli felt gross hearing people call her Princess.

 

Victoria didn’t say anything, she just smiled, but Sulli knew there was something in her eyes.

 

She whispered when she sat on the chair - “What’s wrong, unnie? And who are they? I thought Dad would never allow any guest in my birthday, Ji Young and Ji Eun, nope, but these strangers, yes?” – Her voice got the trace of irritation.

 

Victoria silently left a soft grip on her little sister’s shoulders before she went to her chair.

 

Sulli awkwardly looked around and faked a smile when her Dad, Dong Gunwas about to stand up.

 

“I can introduce myself to her, Dong Gun…” – The old woman smiled, her eyes sparkled as she saw the smile on Sulli’s face.

 

“Why the atmosphere is too thick here? Why is she here…?” – Sulli thought

 

“I’m Dorothy… you can call me Dorothy Granny if you want, nice to meet you… Sulli…” – The old woman spoke out.

 

She was an old woman but looking at her appearance, Sulli knew she came from a very classy and noble family, but why she was here? She never met her before. Was she her family’s relatives from abroad? Because she didn’t look like old woman lived here in Seoul or Korea.

 

“… and also with the other people?” – Sulli looked around secretly after replying the greeting from the old woman…

 

She lift her head a bit, and when her eyes met a pair of two big brown eyes that were directly looking at her, all her two cheeks automatically turned red, and Sulli the rebellion tried so hard to control herself from that flustering reaction.

 

That guy, that familiar eyes and the flaming look of his was burning her cheeks. He looked at her, directly… He didn’t pretend to steal a glance at her like the other strangers at the table.

 

He was the only one who looked at her with a straight look, not pretending, not being afraid. His look whirled deep into her, like… He wanted to see her, he wanted to know her… He knew her… Like they were so closer… But still so far… His brown eyes have something like strong, like he was a warrior… But no, he was more like a Prince with the softness concealed somewhere when he blinked… And also a thing that she couldn’t explain as she thought she could also see the sadness and desperation in that flaming look. He looked straight into her eyes, and out of her expectation, he softly bowed his head. That gesture brought the mystery aura from him back.

 

Sulli’s heart skipped a beat.

 

It was weird, but to be honestly, she didn’t know why she felt like except from the old smiling Dorothy and him, no one in the garden dared to look straight into her eyes, no one… Even her sister, Victoria… Her mother and her father, it seemed like he was struggling behind that calm and cool face.

 

That guy…

 

“He’s look very familiar… I’ve seen him somewhere… I know him, I think I know him…”

 

Suddenly…

 

She heard a crack and a strong wind blew over the garden. All the lanterns swung crazily above their heads. She was a bit stunned as she thought she could her kind of buzzing sound clearer and clearer form afar.

 

Her father’s face stiffened. He looked at the guy, and he nodded. People were weird today. Today was her birthday, but…

 

“What is going on?” – She whispered to herself.

 

No one answered her…

 

But she felt something strange and something like danger was coming. And her heart started to beat faster and stopped spacing out when she heard Dorothy’s voice.

 

“Well, I think we should celebrate your 18th birthday a bit earlier, dear…” – The old woman smiled… Dorothy looked at her ignoring the look of her mother and the men’s stood up.

 

“My birthday?” – Sulli asked back – “My father never let me celebrate my birthday with the others… right? Daddy?” – Irritation covered her mind despite minutes ago, she was scared of how the other suddenly stood up from the table leaving only Dorothy and she was still sitting on their chairs.

 

“Because they weren’t your 18th birthday…” – Dorothy patiently answered, still not moving from her chair.

 

“Your Hightness, I think we should make it faster… They’re coming… and for sure… We don’t have much time until the Selene could descent… We could explain to Princess later… We’re running out of time…” – Her father said, he looked at her face and he looked away immediately as he saw tears endlessly falling down her cheeks.

 

Suddenly her view became blurred and she felt like another her appeared inside her body. A painful feeling kept squeezing her heart… She felt like she became another one, not herself anymore and…

 

“What are you talking about and… AND WHAT IS GOING ON HERE IN MY HOUSE ON MY BIRTHDAY, DAD?????” – She shouted between her cry… She felt something in her heart exploded as a lot of sights suddenly flooded her mind. She felt like something was eating her, something was pulled out from her brain and someone inside her was trying to escape… She felt like she was in the middle of a black hole.

 

“Sulli please, look at me, please look at me…” - Dorothy said, she was trying so hard to calm Sulli down… She used all of her strength to hold the shaking hands of her…

 

“Who are you…?”

 

“Listen to me, Sulli, I am your Grandmother… Please calm down Sulli, look at me and listen up… Look at me… This will soon pass out… Please stay here… Please…”

 

“You are my Grandmother? Why are you my grandmother? Mom? Who is she? I want you mommy… I… I…Who am I?”

 

“The Princess of The Palce In This World, your Highness… Little precious Princess of mine…”

 

Sulli got stunned as the wind stopped blowing and dark smoke cover above her mother’s roses bush…

 

Her tears immediately dried out due to the drought and hot air coming from the recent appeared silhouette.

 

That man came closer as her father and the other men stepped up to face him, protecting her and Dorothy behind.

 

“One more step and I will cast the Bhramma spell on you, Choiza!” – The man stood next to her father said.

 

“I don’t come to talk to you, General Choi… I come to talk to Your Highness...” – That man in the dark gown hissed, his voice turned into something cruel and endlessly abused her ears as he continued and his look on her made Sulli want to throw up…

 

“Your Highness, I thought I had told you about the agreement… Once you let Princess marry me, I could deal with the Lord to save the Kingdom and also to break the Curse… once this little Princess is mine, I can let my power become united with hers and we can save the Kingdom without hurting her, without tearing the Kingdom apart again… But… You haven’t answer me yet…”

 

“Your Highness had already answered you, Choiza!”

 

Sulli heart felt at ease for no reason as she heard the guy speak up…

 

“She already answered you when she announced Princess’s engagement yesterday…”

 

“Well, you… are… I remember you… You are Choi Min Ho… If not counting your dead brother, you are the General Choi’s eldest son… And you are…” – That Choiza man smirked

 

“So… His name his Min Ho…” – Sulli thought despite the thick atmosphere and the threatening in Choiza’s voice.

 

“I am… And you can tell… I am Princess’s Fiance… I am the future King of the Kingdom!”

 

And that was the only thing Sulli’s could hear as she passed out, she couldn’t bear the light of the moon when it came straight onto the sky…

 

 

 

“Selene has to be faster… We need to be faster…”

 

 

“The Lord is coming to get Selene… She won’t be able to fix the Princess’s memory… I bet you… I’ll get going now… But I will be back, and that time, I will have her, the Princess has to be mine!”

 

 

Sulli opened her eyes as she blinked a thousand times before she climbed out of her bed.

 

“What’s a crazy dream… I watch Disney Channel too much I think…” – Sulli swept out her sweat, and opened the room’s window…

 

The wind kissed her hair when she was already out on the roof… Starring sky above her head… That was Sulli’s habit whenever having weird dreams…

 

“If I were you, I wouldn’t climb out to the roof like that in the midnight, Princess….”

 

Sulli gasped as she heard the voice behind…

 

She lost her balance and was about to fall when she realized she was already in someone’s arms.

 

Two big brown eyes stared down on her…

 

“I told you, if I were you I wouldn’t climb out here, Princess…”

 

 

This guy…

 

 

I flew away as I see Princess was now safe in his arms on the roof…

 

I knew, Selene hadn’t made her time…

 

And that meant… The battle started.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi guys,

 

Long time no see... ^^~~~

 

Now I'm back with the 1st Chapter of Tyhe Chronicles of a Place in This World.

 

Hope that I don't make you guys disappointed with my long hiatus after I finished White Horse back in July.

 

Please comment and let me know your thought.

 

Ah, as I marked "Kris" also in the Tags, that means he will appear soon, so no worry...

 

Happy reading...

 

And follow me on Twitter at @6002theCeroro

 

Cheers, MinSulians, because Once you see MunSul together, to you, they will be put together in your heart... Fairy tale was fabricated by us....

 

From Ceroro with love <3