Another Farewell is a New Beginning

Until Death

Minzy walks down the streets of Seoul, upset, dazed and confused.  She sighs loudly as she angrily walks towards SeungHyun’s apartment.  Today is their 3 year anniversary and she has been waiting over an hour at their favorite café for him to show up.  He hasn’t been picking up his cell phone and unfortunately for her, her cell phone died after trying to get a hold of him multiple times.  Afraid that he might be hurt, she decided to leave the café and check on him at home.  As she walks through the busy streets of Seoul, she feels like she has done this before, or at least she thinks she has done this before.  Everything seems so familiar as if it was all a replay.  She can remember the feeling of the cold wind hitting her skin as the loud traffic noises zooms right next to her ears.  The people walking alongside her seem to be wearing the same outfit, or at least she thinks she has seen them in the same outfits before.  Their faces even started to look familiar even though she has no idea of who they are or what their names were.  Everything around her feels like Déjà vu.  Getting lost in her thoughts, Minzy looks up at the sky and just her luck, the clouds have darkened and it looks like the rain is about to start pouring.

 

Minzy shivers as the first rain drop hits her.  The drop was cold but yet it burned as it hit her skin.  As the cold wind blows right past her, she hears her name being called, almost as a whisper near her ear.  She quickly turns around to only finding no one in sight.  She wraps her arms around herself, shaken a little bit by what just took place.   “Aish, where is he?  He was supposed to meet me over an hour ago!” Minzy said as she tries to flag down a taxi cab.  To her dismay, no matter how many cabs drove past her, none of them stopped.

 

“What’s going on here?  Do they not see me? Aishhhh….” Minzy screamed as she continued to walk down the road.  She looks down at her clock and another hour has already passed.  “Where is he?” she thought to herself again.

 

Minzy looks up at the sky and it is darker than ever.  The rain started to steadily pour down the streets of Seoul as Minzy continue to walk her way.  “Is it raining acid?” Minzy spoke to herself as no matter how many rain drops fell on her, it burned painfully.  She started to pick up her pace when she heard a loud heartbreaking scream.  The scream gave her body goose bumps as it sent a hurtful tug at her heart.  Minzy shook her head and continued to walk, trying to shake off this upset feeling to only stopping in her tracks as the agony filled scream was heard again.  She looks around and her eyes widen as she noticed that everyone is gone.  There are no cars on the road, no people walking down the street; there was absolutely no one in sight but yet, someone is screaming, screaming in pain.

 

Minzy picked up her pace as fear suddenly takes over her body.  Freezing from the rain, aching of the heart, no one in sight to help her; she was all alone.  Minzy runs and runs towards SeungHyun’s house wanting to feel his warm embrace.  She wants to be held in his arms until the coldness went away.  She wants to hear his sweet words to clam her down.  She wants to smell his scent, the very scent that sends her into a craze.  “Pabo, where are you?” she screamed as she continues to run.

 

Dripping wet and exhausted from running, she stopped to catch her breath.  She looks around to notice that there was still no one in sight but something catches her eyes.  She sees a funeral home with the parking lot full of cars across the street.  Right away she noticed a red convertible parking in the very front with the license plate “TOP” written on it.  “What is he doing here?  Who died?” she thought to herself as her legs started to move towards the funeral home.  Staring at the cars in the parking lot she noticed that quiet a few of them looks familiar.  All lined up and parked next to each other was a white Bentley, a huge Land Rover and a black on black Lamborghini. Each car belonging to friends, Jiyong, Dara and CL. 

 

“W-w-what’s going on?” Minzy thought as she makes up her way up the funeral steps going towards the doors.  She can feel the beating in her chest beat faster as her breathing is getting shorter.  Her hands nervously turns the handles and she slowly makes her way inside.  The tears from the mourners could be felt like the pouring rain drops that are falling.  The screams echoing through the funeral can be heard like the loud thunder roaring outside.  Minzy walks through the hall towards the sounds of pain and agony.  She is greeted by huge a white door that leads to an open floor room where the funeral was being held.  Standing in the back of the room she can see the chairs were all lined up beautifully in perfect rows.  Flowers of every kind were lined up against the walls, taking over majority of the space.  Every chair from the back of the room going towards the front was taken by mourners wearing all black.  Their heads dropped low as their tears fell endlessly, hitting the ground.  Minzy is lost for words as everything she sees is both scaring her and causing her this unexplainable tormenting pain.  She can feel her heart being tugged and pull in all different directions.  Her heart is suffering and she grips her chest to try and ease the pain.  Distressed and confused she decides to ask the elder man who is sitting at the very last end of the row, towards the edge a question.  “E-e-e-excuse me Ahjussi?  Whose funeral is this?” Minzy asked.  The Ahjussi didn’t respond as if he didn’t hear her.  Again, Minzy asked the ahjussi a question, only to be ignored again.  Frustrated Minzy places her hands on the Ahjussi’s shoulder and shook him to only seeing that her hands went through him.  Tears started to stream down her face as she stares at her hands in disbelief.  “What’s happening to me?” she thought. 

 

Minzy walks down the aisle going towards the front of the funeral room, waiving her hands in front of each guest to only be greeted by silence until she hears that heartbreaking scream causing the room to shake as if the thunder itself came into the building.  Minzy stopped right in the middle of the aisle, afraid to turn around to face where the scream was coming from.  She squeezes her eyes shut as the scream echoed the room again.  This time there was something perceptible about the scream.  She heard a voice.  The voice was deep and husky and she knew this voice from anywhere.  Minzy took a deep breath and turned around to face the front of the room.  Her eyes enlarged from the sight that she sees before her, she sees him.  There he is; the love of her life, sitting in the front of the room, surround by their friends, with his head resting on the coffin.  His voice, his deep husky voice that soothes her when she is upset is now sobbing loudly in misery. 

 

SeungHyun’s voice was like a portal, dragging her towards him.  His every sob, his every yelp felt like knives stabbing her heart.  What feels like forever was just a few seconds and she was standing in the front, staring at her love ones.  Jiyong is sitting next to SeungHyun while YoungBae, Seungri and Daesung are standing behind them.  Dara, CL and Bom are seated directly across the aisle from the boys.  The girls are holding each other, whispering words among themselves for comfort.  “Who passed away? Why didn’t anyone tell me we lost someone so special?” Minzy said to herself as she continued to watch her friends weep.  She was about to move forward until she felt the burning rain hitting her skin again.  She looks up towards the ceiling to seeing no leak insight.  “Where is this burning rain acid coming from?” she questioned.  Biting her bottom lip, trying to stop it from trembling, she slowly makes her way towards the coffin.  She closed her eyes as she walked passed her friends and stood quietly by SeungHyun’s side.  After a few seconds of trying to build up her courage, she finally opened her eyes.  Lying in the coffin, looking just as peaceful was her body.  Her heart stopped as her stomach dropped.  “This can’t be!  I can’t be dead!” Minzy screamed as the pool of tears from her eyes begins to fall while the color of her skin drains away.  Her breathing came to a complete stop as her knees gave out causing her to drop down even more lifeless than she already is.  She couldn’t believe what she was seeing, this couldn’t be happening to her.  Using all of her strength, she pulls herself up to stare at her own sleeping body.   Uncertainty, fear, and despair hit her all at once causing her mind to go out of control.  “How can this be?  What happened to me?” she whispered as she reached her hand to touch her cold sleeping forehead.

 

Memories starts to invade her mind as flashbacks are showing themselves.  The pain in her chest is too much for her to handle and again she falls helplessly onto her knees, kneeling down next to SeungHyun.  Shutting her eyes with all of her might, she pulls and tugs at her hair as she let’s out a scream. Visions and memories starts to play in her mind like a movie being shown on TV.  Slowly it all starts coming back to her, she has been repeating this day over and over again until today….

 

 “Aish, where is he?  He was supposed to meet me over an hour ago?” she said as she left the café, deciding to go to his apartment.  The wind was blowing cold air, hitting her body harshly and the thunder was loud enough to make her cover her ears.  As she continued to walk down a couple of blocks, lighting struck a generator causing the street lights to all go out.  Minzy was hit with fear and started to pick up her pace.  She can feel herself breathing hard and shaking as she tries quickly as possible to reach SeungHyun’s place.  Finally reaching the end of the road, she is just a few steps away from SeungHyun’s apartment, smiling in relief.  With the street lights being out and the loud roar of the thunder, a car comes racing down the blacken road.  Not hearing the car coming, Minzy take a step off the curb and crossed the street.  All she saw was a yellow bright light coming quickly towards her and then the world around her went black.  The driver of the car didn’t see Minzy crossing the street and struck her with full force throwing her body into the air.  Landing only a few hundred feet away from SeungHyun’s front steps, she heard a loud scream from a husky voice.  She tried to open her eyes, seeing a figure running towards her.  She felt his tears fall onto her skin has he screams for her to stay with him.  She knew this voice, it was SeungHyun.  She gave him a little smile as she took her final breath…

 

Minzy screams as she feels the burning sensation of the rain drops hitting her body, causing her to open her eyes from this repeating nightmare.  How could she been so stupid?  She has been a wandering lost soul, repeating her last day, waiting for SeungHyun to come.  She wasn’t even upset at him anymore, she just miss him.  Minzy turns towards her left and noticed that she is still kneeling down next to SeungHyun at her own funeral; this was reality.  She looks at him, seeing the most miserable look across his face.  His head is resting on top of hers as his body hangs off of the coffin.  His hands intertwine ever so gently with hers as he continues to cry. 

 

“I’m so sorry jagiya.  I was still out buying you a gift and forgot my phone in the car.  I’m so stupid.  Forgive me jagiya…If I would have only come earlier, you would still have been here?  I should have tried harder to save you!” Minzy hears him speak in between his sobs.

 

“Hyung, it’s not your fault.” Jiyong said, trying to give SeungHyun some comfort even though he knows that he words means nothing right now. 

 

“Jiyong-ah, I want to die.  I want to be with her, just kill me now!” SeungHyun screamed.  YoungBae, Daesung and Seungri make their way around towards the front and with Jiyong by their side, they circled around SeungHyun.  The boys wiped the tears that were falling from their eyes as they each surround SeungHyun, bringing him into a group hug.  It kills them to watch their Hyung die slowly in front of them and yet there wasn’t anything that they can do about it.

 

“I was planning to propose to her, that’s why I was running late.  I wanted everything to be perfect but I didn’t know that she would have left the café to come find me.  I’m so stupid.” SeungHyun said as he pulled the ring out of his pocket.  Minzy cried even harder as she sees the ring that he is holding.  She watched painfully as SeungHyun broke free from the group hug and stood over the coffin.  As each one of his tears hit her lifeless body, Minzy winces in pain.  She finally understood.  It is his tears that burned her. 

 

“Jagiya, you are beautiful both inside and out.  I would give anything to just have you back in my arms again.  I’m sorry for being late; I hope you weren’t too mad at me.  I just wanted everything to be perfect because it was going to be a special night. When I went to the café and realized that you were gone, I knew you were coming to the apartment.  If I would have only driven faster, I could have saved you.  I could have stopped this from happening.  All I want to do is spend the rest of my life with you, jagiya.  I’m in love with you and will forever be in love with you.  Until death NEVER do us part okay, so please wait for me, promise?!”  SeungHyun slowly placed the ring on to Minzy’s cold finger and gave her a soft kiss on the lips.  His tears continued to flow like an endless waterfall as he gently rubbed the side of her face. 

 

Minzy looked out the window at the storm that was still taking place.  The storm was just like her heart, it was cold, wet and terribly shaking.  She closed her eyes and quietly prayed to whoever was above.  “Please, whoever is up there, please help me.  He is hurting and I don’t want him to be sad anymore.  Please allow me to say goodbye to him.  Please, I beg of you!” After saying her final prayer the storm outside stopped and the sun slowly came out.  A bright light shined through the window, casting down its marvelous glow upon Minzy’s coffin.  Minzy stared at the bright light in amazement, taking this as a sign that she got her prayer was answered.  She stood in front of SeungHyun and slowly wiped away the tears that were falling from his eyes.  She wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulders, sobbing as she was finally able to touch him.  

 

SeungHyun stiffen as he felt the warm touch on his face that lead to a small pressure resting on his shoulders.  He closed his eyes as he felt a light breathing blowing on his neck causing a warm shiver to go down his spine.  He took in one deep breath and her sweet scent filled his nose.  His heart started to beat faster as her scent traveled through is body. 

 

“Jagiya?” his quietly whispered as he feels her presences.

 

“Sshhhhh babe, it’s not your fault.  Don’t blame yourself.  I’m not mad at you.  I’m sorry that it had to end this way, but know that another farewell is a new beginning.  Don’t cry because it had to come to an end.  Smile because it happened.  We didn’t want it to end this way, but it is out of our control.   Thank you for loving me and always taking care of me.  Words cannot come close to express how much I love you and how much I’m in love with you.  Stop crying my baby.  Your tears burn my body, mind and soul.  Watching you cry kills me over and over again.  Hush my baby; everything is going to be alright.  We will be together again, I promise.  Live your life not just for yourself but for the both of us.  I’ll wait for you babe.  Until death never do us part.”  Minzy whispered into his ears.  She placed a soft kiss on cheek before placing a deep kiss onto his lips.  She threw her arms around his neck, burying her body into his chest.  The light was starting to disappear and Minzy knew it was time.  Tracing his facial features with her hands, she stared at the love of her life one last time.  “I love you babe” she said as she gave him a final kiss on the lips before fading away with the light.