Chapter IV

Gardenia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~More beautiful than flowers~

Leaning against the balcony I kept my gaze fixated towards the nighttime skyline. A fresh breeze moving my hair from one side to the other. There weren’t much stars to be seen, however the millions of glinting lights shining off from the skyscrapers were enough to appease me. Sadly even with such a mesmerizing scenery in front of me, my thoughts still kept on running around in my head. 

Thoughts like how fishing long it was going to take for this fishing party to end!

We have been going at it for hours, it started from truth or dare to telling embarrassing stories of the past, which escalated into doing embarrassing things, all in the silliness of drunken stupors.

 Juan had been non-stop singing songs off-key for a while, accompanied by Neko who had been throwing around legal jargons at everybody and everything, her most recent target being a beautiful lamp with a Chinese jar base whom she was swearing the wrath of god upon?

But that’s not everything, the most surprising of all had been when LF.LuLu had started stripping, fighting off anyone that had tried to stop him. In the end it was he himself who had stopped. 

In the midst of trying to wiggle his way out of his jeans like an earthworm, Luhan had fallen asleep on the floor with his whole torso on display for the world to see. Not that I’m complaining or anything.

Anyways as we see with the way things are, I’m guessing that they are all going to have to spend the night over, I mean I would have done the same too. If only I didn’t have work early morning that is. Hmm, I wonder if I’ll be able to grab a taxi at this time.

Leaning over the balcony railing I tried to see whether there were any moving cars along the road, sadly there were none. Maybe if I try!!!

“AHHH!!!!!”

The hand that I thought was trying to push me off yanked me inside so that I was behind the safety of the railings again, and as my breathing slowed down I was finally able to open my eyes and see the perpetrator of this almost crime, Zhang fishing Casanova Ying! 

“DAMN FISHY FISHSTICKS!!” Shouting out my frustrations I started punching the hysterical Casanova while trying to calm myself down.

“I thought you were trying to push me off.” Finally getting a hold of myself I said these words in a calm manner towards a still laughing Casanova who took an agonizingly long time to slow down enough to give a reply.

“I thought you were trying to jump off, I guess I’m sorry for trying to save your life.” That was sarcasm right? Right? Yeah, well two can play at that game.

“And I guess I’m sorry for disappointing you.” 

Now what is it? Was what I just said funny enough to warrant a burst of girly giggles? I don’t think so!

“You will never disappoint in entertaining me darling, believe me.” I will never understand him.

Sighing at myself for even trying, I took up the best method that I knew always worked, ignorance. And for a moment there I even believed that it had worked, but we mustn’t forget that our foe is the mystifying Casanova! 

Because a little while later he came back and joined me, silently standing next to me, enjoying the view of man-made stars disappearing due to the slowly approaching light of dawn while taking frequent sips from the new addition that was a filled mug.

It actually wasn’t that bad, well that is until he decided to open his mouth back again.

“So when are we going to leave?” Huh? Wait… is he hitting on me? Stupid! Why did I even consider that? As far as I know it’s not the end of the world, so that’s a solid no.

“Why did you get shot down by your new, love of your life?” 

“Ouch that hurts!” Clutching his heart and shaking his head in mock pain Casanova continued.

“Nah It’s just that I drove us here, so I thought that I should be the one to drop you off as well.”

Well doesn’t that sound gentlemanly, meaning that there is something wrong! Such words coming out of that mouth just doesn't feel right! It just doesn’t go together!

“Yeah right sure.” Unable to hold in my sarcastic laughter I let it out as I leaned in towards him, grabbing his hand in my own surprising him as I led them towards my lips and took a swig of what was in the mug.

"It's juice" Cranberry juice, just like mine…

"Why do you sound so disappointed? Prefer me drunk eh?" I prefer me drunk, sigh.

"Any moment spent with you is disappointing, drunk or not"

"Wow, Scathing. I’m burning inside out, burnt to a crisp, you’re tearing me apart Renée” I couldn’t hold back the laughter that erupted from within me, like what kind of a dork makes a room reference? That too so seriously.

“Wow, I didn’t know I was such a comedic genius. Maybe I should start my own show, Daily late night show with Zhang Yixing!” Tch, idiot.

“Ow! Why’d you do that? It hurts, I think there’s a bump on my head, seriously!” Gee, such a drama queen, I didn’t even hit him that hard.

“Just shut up will you! How is a girl supposed to thank you for being considerate if you -”

“Wait what did you just say? I couldn’t hear properly, repeat it will you!”

“I didn’t, say anything”

“Oh, come on! Humor me, saying thanks again won’t make you any less of a person, please, please”

“Sheesh, if you act like this while sober, how crazy are you when you’re actually drunk?”

“Now wouldn’t you like to know?” Raising his eyebrows suggestively, he gave me a look that definitely would have made any normal human melt and gush at the same time. Good thing that I’m not normal.

Yup, I am indeed in all actuality an alien.

Shaking my head while smiling I walked away towards Lei and engulfed her in a humongous hug while apologizing for not being able to stay and help clean up a bit more. Casanova soon followed my suit and bid her his classic farewell as well. Something which consisted of a hug that lasted a lot longer than required and an innocent kiss on the temple that lingered on for a lot more than required.

But that’s not all, what came afterwards was just creepy? I mean the guy had this stupid grin plastered on his face the whole elevator ride down. Why?

Has it not sunk in yet? Has he not realized the fact that everything is going to change? And here I always thought that he had a crush on her! Well I guess I was wrong. I mean it seems as if I am more devastated over everything than he is.

That happened right? Right? Then why am I the only person seeing it? 

This is all happening!

Even I thought that I could just avoid it. That I could have kept lying to myself, but the party, it just made it all so real. I mean- 

“Pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter