People Make Mistakes

I Think I Have Fallen For You

 

Tiffany's POV
 
 
 
 
I am running towards the park near my apartment and i see Taeyeon is sitting on the bench. She is spacing out. She called me and asked me to come here. Without any hesitations, i came here. I call her name in a low voice. "Taeng..."
 
She looks at me and gives me a weak smile. "Hi, Fany. I thought you wouldn't come"
 
"Why wouldn't i?" I ask her and take a sit beside her.
 
"Because i lied to you. I thought you were angry at me" she says, while looking down. "You knew already about Seunghyun and me, right?"
 
"Siwon told me" I tell her, but i am not finished yet. "And i know that you were the one who asked him to tell me about this"
 
She gulps. Her face becomes paler than vampires. "How did you know that it was me? He didn't tell you, did he?"
 
I chuckle. "Oh, come on, Taeng. How could he barge into my apartment and told me that kind of thing out of the blue? It was you who asked him to tell me that, right? Because it's impossible if someone else did"
 
"I am sorry, Fany" she says. She looks at me. "I didn't mean to hurt you. At first, i wanted to tell you by myself, but... I was so scared. I was afraid that you would get mad at me and you would call me a traitor, or a backstabber. That's why i was trying to find another way. And then, i met Siwon. And i asked him to help me, and he gladly did. I think it's because he still loves you"
 
"It's okay, i understand. You're not a traitor, Taeng. Just forget about that and let's just move on. You know, people make mistakes. And that was a mistake made by you" I explain to her. Yes, just forget about it. It's already in the past and they were both drunk. So, they didn't know what they were doing. "And it's fine because you already admitted your mistake. There's no way i would be mad at you. You're my bestfriend, right?"
 
Tears are streaming down her face. Taeyeon hugs me. "Thank you so much, Fany. I am so sorry. Thank you, i love you" 
 
I hug her back. Ah, i miss her so much. I miss hugging my bestfriend like this. I miss Jessica also. Maybe i should call her later. "I love you too, Taeng"
 
"Okay, this is kinda awkward" says Taeyeon. She breaks the hug. "Has he confessed yet?"
 
"Huh?" what was that supposed to mean? Confessed? Who? "Siwon? He confessed to me already, again. Why do you ask?"
 
"It's not Siwon. I mean that Mr. Choi Seunghyun, your fiance" she says, while chuckling.
 
I can feel my heart stop beating for a second. Please, don't mention his name. I don't want to hear anything about him, even his name. "O-oh, him" that's all i can say for an answer.
 
"Yeah, him. Has he confessed to you?" Taeyeon asks me, again. Aish, for God sake, please stop asking me that question, Kim Taeyeon!
 
I shake my head immediately. Sorry, Taeyeon. But i have to lie. "Of course he hasn't. He doesn't love me, he won't love me"
 
Taeyeon laughs. Why is she laughing? There's nothing funny. Is she crazy? "He loves you, Fany. He really does. When i asked him to let you go, he didn't want to do it. He was trying his best to keep you by his side. At first, i thought that he only wanted to use you to accomplish his goal, which is owning his family's company. But, at that moment, i saw something in his eyes. And you know that eyes always connect to the heart. Since then, i knew that he's sincere"
 
"You don't know anything, Taeng. You don't understand" I force a smile. "You were right. He is a bad guy. You obviously don't want your bestfriend to marry a guy like him, right? Right?"
 
"At first, i didn't want you to marry him. Because you're like, the most amazing woman that i have ever known. It's such a waste if you marry a jerk like him. But.." Taeyeon holds my hands. She looks deep into my eyes. "He has changed, Fany. That bad guy named Choi Seunghyun has already changed. And that's because of you, believe me. I am right"
 
I shut my mouth. Does Seunghyun oppa really love me? I could see his sincerity. His eyes told me everything. He couldn't hide his feelings. I know that he loves me. I know that he was jealous back then. But, i don't know. "He already confessed to me, Taeng. But, i said that i couldn't love him"
 
Taeyeon looks shocked. She lets go off my hands. "What? Why? The whole universe has already known that you're deeply in love with Choi Seunghyun. Are you stupid or what? Why did you reject him, Fany? Why?"
 
"Because i am afraid!" I scream in front of her face. Taeyeon looks scared. "I am afraid, okay?" I lower down my voice. "I have been hurt before, and it felt bad. I am afraid to fall in love again, after what Siwon did to me. To make it much worse, Im Yoona is Seunghyun's ex as well. You remember that girl, right?"
 
"Of course i remember her. A that stole Siwon from you. Even though she is Seunghyun's ex, it doesn't mean that she will take him away from you. Seunghyun is different from Siwon, i know that. You should have listened to your own feeling, rather than thinking about anything else or other's opinions, Fany" says Taeyeon. She's such a wise lady. And i have to admit that she is right.
 
"B-but.." I can't respond to her words. I can feel tears are filling up my eyes. 
 
Taeyeon grabs my shoulders. "Like you said, Fany. People make mistakes. He probably made mistakes, but it doesn't mean that he would do the same thing again. You probably fell in love with the wrong person, but it doesn't mean that you can't fall in love again. It's called life lesson, Fany. You made a mistake, you realised it, and you learned from it"
 
I just nod to every sentence that she said. I wipe my tears. "So.. Now what?" I ask her in a husky voice. To be honest, i don't know what to do.
 
"Let me ask you something" says Taeyeon. Her voice is so calming. "Do you love Choi Seunghyun?"
 
Without any hesitations, i nod.
 
 
 
Seunghyun's POV
 
 
 
 
I am locking myself in my room. Childish, i know. But, i really don't like to go out right now. Im Yoona can not stop texting me or calling me. She keeps asking why i was acting like a psycho yesterday. Only Tiffany who can make me act like a crazy psycho. But, she turned me down. I was trying so hard to tell her how much i love her. I said things that i have never said to any other girls. And she just rejected me like that, without even thought about it. I lay down on my bed and close my eyes. And all i see is just her...
 
Flashback
 
"Hello, my name is Stephanie Hwang. You can call me Tiffany or Fany, it's up to you"
 
"Seunghyun-ssi, you don't really like socializing, do you?"
 
"Thank you for today. I hope i'll see you soon"
 
"Don't worry oppa, i won't leave you"
 
"Oppa, you hurt me. Let me go!"
 
"I am sorry.. I can not love you"
 
Flashback ends
 
Haha, i am such a dumb. If only i realised my feelings faster, probably she would love me back. She is an amazing girl with a beautiful eye-smile. Whenever she smiles, she lights the room. I was being such a jerk and hypocrite in front of her, of course she hates me. But... Am i such a fool to believe that she loves me too? I guess i'm just hoping too much.
 
I used to think that i needed her to reach my goal, owning the company. Right now i still need her. But, i don't need her to reach my ultimate goal. I need her because i love her. I love her so much that i can't even stop thinking about her. I miss her damn much that i can't even breathe. I need to see her smile, i need to hear her noisy voice, i need to touch her hair, i need to hold her hands. I need her in my life. I want her to be my wife, not because she has to. But, because she loves me dearly. Is that too much to ask for?
 
My cellphone suddenly vibrates. Jeez, that Yoona really can not stop, can she? I grab my cellphone. Oh, it is a text message. Damn. She is sending me a message again. I open the text. God, it is not from Yoona. My eyes are wide open. Is this real?
 
Stephanie Hwang
Oppa, i know that you're mad at me. But, can you please go to the Han River right now? Last night's spot. I'll be waiting until you come.
 
I quickly reply to her text.
 
Choi Seunghyun
Of course, be there in a minute.
 
I went to the garage and i went inside my favourite car. I started the engine and here i am, on my way to Han River. I am not mad at her. Well, yes she hurt me. But, i guess i have hurt her much worse. I am just keep hoping. Probably she would love me back. It is clearly impossible, but... I want to believe in myself that she loves me. Yeah, i believe that. There's just no way for her to reject me. Our love is real. I believe that. I finally arrive and i park my car. I am running to last night's spot soon after i parked my car. Yeah, last night's spot. A spot where she rejected me and just left me without saying anything.
 
I arrive at the spot and i see Tiffany is dozing off. I come to her, not too close. I don't want her to scream. "Fany" I call her name. How i love that name...
 
She turns around and she sees me. "Oh, oppa. You're here already. That's quite fast" she gives me her eye-smile.
 
I smile back at her. "Why did you ask me to come here?" 
 
She sits on the grass. "Can you.. Uhm.. Sit beside me, oppa?"
 
I nod and i sit beside her. Now, we are sitting side by side, just like last night. "What is it, Fany?" I ask her. "What's wrong?"
 
"I'm sorry, oppa.. About last night..." she looks down. She is talking in a very low voice. I barely can't hear what she is saying. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I was just.." she stops. She gulps and i can see tears are starting to fill her eyes. 
 
"Don't cry, Fany" I say, while wiping her tears with my thumbs. "If you can't explain it, then don't. Don't push yourself, it's fine. I'll wait until you're ready to explain it to me"
 
"NO!" she screams. "I want to tell you the reason. I regret it. I didn't want to reject you, oppa. I was just..." she stops talking again. Actually, i really want to know her reason. But, i don't want to see her cry like this. She takes a deep breath. "I was just scared, oppa..."
 
I roll my eyes. "Scared? Why? Did i do something bad that made you scared?"
 
She shakes her head. "No, it's not because of you" she calms herself. Finally, she stops crying. "I broke up with Siwon, that guy you saw yesterday, because he was cheated on me. He told me that he loved me, and i believed him. But, it all turned out to be lies. I felt betrayed, he broke my trust on him. He broke my heart. Since then, i have closed my heart for anyone. I don't want to fall in love again. That's why i agreed to marry you"
 
I think for a while. "Because you think that our marriage is just for business cooperation, so you don't have to fall in love with me, right?"
 
She nods. "I thought like that. But oppa, you make it harder for me" she chuckles. "True love doesn't exist, right? It's just a fantasy. Happily ever after is bull"
 
"At first, i thought like that too" I laugh. "But, you make it harder for me as well"
 
Tiffany looks up. She smiles, while looking at the stars. "Do you think true love is exist, oppa?"
 
I smile at her, then i look up to the sky. "I do"
 
She sighs. "Do you still want to marry me?"
 
"Of course i do" I give her a simple smile.
 
"Even though i make everything harder for you?" she asks, while looking at my eyes. God, why is she so beautiful?
 
"Of course. You give me happiness, Stephanie Hwang. I don't like to smile, but i love to smile whenever i am with you. I need you, Fany. I want to touch you, i need you in my life" I hold her hands. (Romantic Seunghyun : ON) "I won't cheat on you, i won't hurt you. Trust me, believe in me. Yes, i make mistakes. But, i am only a human, remember? I know i am not perfect. But, i will try my best to be the perfect man for you. I know i have hurt your feelings, and i promise you that i won't do that again. I promise you that.."
 
"Ssh.." she tells me to stop talking by putting her index finger on my lips. "You don't have to tell me, i understand" 
 
I gulp. I am sweating right now. My heart is beating like crazy right now. I am a cassanova, how can i nervous just because of a girl's finger is touching my lips? But.. Of course i can. This is Stephanie Hwang, she is the special girl. "So.. Do you love me, Ms. Stephanie Hwang?" I ask her again, while looking right into her eyes.
 
She starts tracing my face. She touches my eyes, my nose, my cheeks, my lips. "Yes.." she answers in a low voice. "I love you, Mr. Choi Seunghyun"
 
I hold her hands. She stops tracing my face. I look deep into her eyes and i lean my face closer to hers. I close my eyes, and i kiss her. This is probably the best night in my entire life, yet. I can not wait for the wedding. The special day, when Ms. Stephanie Hwang will be Mrs. Choi Seunghyun..