Chapter 1

Of Kisses & Heartbreaks

 

 
A/N:  
It's quite hard to decide on Jinwoon's partner for this story. Honestly, I wanted Seohyun but decided not to, since I really really like her with Yonghwa.
 
Hmm...
 
Then came the next choice, Nicole. But then and again, I feel like there's no spark. I don't even feel giggly and stuff when I hear both of their names, although she will play an important role in the story.
 
Still, Jinwoon's partner is a BIG QUESTION MARK ?????
 
Then I remembered, WE GOT MARRIED. I'm a big fan of the show. Like, SERIOUSLY. That's when an idea came to mind. I finally came to terms and included some of the idols who became part WGM. Of course, Siwon ad Yoona are the exemptions. 
 
So, who's Jinwoon's partner??
 
<**drum roll please**>
 
It's none other than GO JUN HEE! Jinwoon's virtual wife. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
          Go Jun Hee sat in a blue plastic chair in the very bland waiting room of a New York City hospital. The stilettos she was wearing had her feet aching but she refused to walk around barefoot in the department of Labor and Delivery. Recently moved to Seoul from New York, she had traveled thousand miles if not millions to see the delivery of one of her child hood friend’s baby.
 
          Sunhwa had married Kwanghee and ended up pregnant. She and Sunhwa had known each other since grade school. When all the girls were way too young to understand the harshness of the adult world. Back when her father was still alive and her mother was still her mother. Shaking her head to dismiss the thoughts, she reclined in her seat and studied the Twin Tower that had leaned against the wall to watch newborns in incubators.
 
          Jung Jinwoon looked like he stepped out of every woman’s wet dream. The Great Sculptor herself had angled his face, pressing her fingers into the flesh of his face and pulled upward. His cheeks were precise and sharp, giving him a finished look, but that’s where all the prettiness had ended. His jaw led to a strong chin that was covered in tempting black beard stubble. His eyes brilliant, shining like onyx in a sea of white, topped with severe dark eyebrows. His hair was short on the edges, but longer on top, messy in way that made her want to be the reason why it was tousled.
 
          She lowered her gaze to his body and nearly salivated. His massive shoulder’s led to a narrow waist. His arms were crossed over his chest and she noticed the black fabric of his t-shirt straining against the bulging of the muscles on his arms. She noticed several letters in black ink playing peek-a-boo from under his shirt.
 
          He turned slightly and Jun Hee admired his very cute in snug blue jeans. There was a fading in the right pocket that only happens when a box of cigarettes stays in that place over time.
 
          She knew because her father had been a smoker.
 
          “You might want to wipe the drool and introduce yourself,” said a soft voice that interrupted her admiration.
 
          Jun Hee quickly checked to see if she was in fact drooling, “Yeah, no thanks, last time I checked, Dark and Dangerous wasn’t my type.”
 
          “He’s an idol, Jun Hee, the only thing dangerous about him is how y he is,” Sunhwa chuckled, “And last time I checked, you didn't have a type."
 
          Jun Hee resumed to her female appreciation when she noticed he was gone from the window, “He doesn’t seem like an idol, you know, he seems much more complicated for that to be his career choice.”
 
          Sunhwa patted Jun Hee’s thigh, “I will tell you this, Kwanghee says the guy just comes and goes, without a single trace. I mean he is a singer-composer, but he’s always away.”
 
          “Oh, yeah?”
 
          “Yep, but word has it that Jinwoon resigned his contract. He’s leaving the idol world in a couple of months.”
 
          That was certainly something she would look into. Jun Hee took out her cell phone, “Time to meet my little niece.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
          Jinwoon sat in a rolling chair in the conference room of the safe point in Seoul. He did a quick over look of the other three men in the South Korean division of the group. There was Taecyon, Yunho and Siwon. All these men had one thing in common; they were deadly. These men worked hand in hand to catch criminals who threatened the safety and trust of South Korean soil. They were known as Elite. He looked over the description of the new task at hand.
 
          “So, let me get this straight,” Siwon began to murmur, “they called us in to be security detail for some freak show?”
 
          YG, their director, was standing at the head of the table, wearing his friendly, but threatening expression as always, “Her powers are an extensive advantage to us.”
 
          “Powers?” asked Taecyon.
 
          “Her name is Song Hye Kyo,” YG paused, “She’s psychic, a medium, she also has some sort of healing mechanism.”
 
          Yunho leaned forward and raised his eyebrows, “Like, Jesus?”
 
          YG ran a hand over his forehead, “If that’s how you’d like to approach it, then sure, she’ll be using her talents to help us.”
 
          All the guys stood after exchanging looks, picked up their belongings and started to file out.
 
          Yunho yelled out before stepping through the door, “If she’s hot, I call dibs.”
 
          A few hours later Jinwoon was standing against the wooden railing of the dock on Pier 17. He was watching the boats sway on the marina, inhaling the scent of fresh air and the sea. For a few seconds he let himself forget how lonely he was, he let himself forget the pain he must be causing his family, he let himself forget everything. His sullen preserve was interrupted by a vibration in his left pocket, “Jinwoon.”
 
          He heard Kwanghee chuckle, “Obviously someone never taught you how to answer a phone.”
 
          Jinwoon smiled and fished his keys out of his pocket, “And I care because?”
 
          “Yeah, whatever, how’s the hotel going?”
 
          Jinwoon rolled his eyes, “I hate it.”
 
          “Well, I have news for you,” he said, slightly laughing.
 
          “Yeah?”
 
          “Do you remember Go Jun Hee?”
 
          Jinwoon stopped in his tracks while the grin fell of his face. Did he remember her? Of course he did. No man with enough breath in his body to fog a mirror could forget a woman like her. Five feet and seven inches worth of skin to taste, touch and smell.
 
          “Yeah, why,” Jinwoon's voiced cracked.
 
          Kwanghee chuckled once more, “She has a guest property behind her house in Seongbukdong district. It’s for rent.”
 
          “So, you want me to move in to her guest house?”
 
          Kwanghee sighed, “I mean, if you want to be cooped up in that hotel room, be my guest, but Sunhwa said her rent was good and the property was nice. Exclusive in fact”
 
          Jinwoon knew exactly why Sunhwa had pushed Kwanghee to call Jinwoon. Sunhwa had caught Jinwoon admiring Jun Hee in the hospital. When he saw her sizing up in the glass of the incubator window, he left. There was no way in hell he would be able to go hours watching her tight little walk around in skin tight jeans.
 
          “Won’t I be, you know,” Jinwoon paused, “scary, if I just show up?”
 
          This earned him a laugh, “You were scary seven inches ago, now you’re just a ing monster. Relax, just tell her you saw the AD in the paper, besides, it’s Jun Hee. She can hold her own.”
 
          Jinwoon was one hundred percent sure of the last statement, “Okay, I’ll go.”
 
          There was feminine whispering, “Alright, well I’ll call you later.”
 
          Then a masculine moan, “Kwanghee, you cool?”
 
          “Oh, uhm, yeah, I just have my hands full, if you know what I mean.”
 
          Kwanghee laughed and hung up as he got to his bike. He thought his cherry red Harley belonged on the front page of some magazine, and he knew exactly which lovely lady he’d like to see sprawled across it. He jumped on and started the engine, literally riding into the sunset when a raindrop fell on his cheek.
 
 
 
 
 
 
          Jun Hee almost dropped the candle when she heard the thunder rolling around. “ you, Thor,” she muttered, pulling apart the braid her hair was in. She grabbed the mug of warm coffee and made her way towards her bedroom, when her doorbell rang. She sighed because she was simply too lazy to go back down the stairs, thinking it was her next door neighbor, Yoona, she slowly started down the the hallway.
 
          Then there was a knock, “I’m coming!”
 
          Jinwoon caught a large figure in the shadows of the thin material of the curtains, she silently sent a thank you to her contractor for installing a screen door.
 
          Setting her mug down on the side table, she slowly opened the door to something equally as unnerving as a thief.
 
          Jung Jinwoon stood in her doorway, drenched, looking miserable, but y as ever. He wasn’t the man little girls were taught to dream of, far from the knight on the white charger. He seemed more like a dark prince, a lonely man living in shadows of his own life.
 
          Jun Hee studied his dripping black hair, his figure was imposing, but she didn’t feel threatened. There was a certain silent steadiness to his presence that seemed alluring to her. Lightning hit the darkness behind him, momentarily lighting up his beautifully rugged face.
 
          “Uh, hi,” she said, and realized it sounded more like a question than a greeting.
 
          His lips had a ghost of a smile, “Hello.”
 
          His unexpected appearance had stunned her, “I don’t mean to sound rude, or relentless, but, what are you doing here?”