Final

Admirer

I'm not fond of writing, reading or even receiving letters. I don't know why some people find it amusing or interesting but for me, its just something you can't waste your time for. Movies that involves love letters and having lovey-dovey moments while reading it, just making me puke. Some say its romantic if it's from a secret admirer, from a stranger and from an anonymous person. Why people? Why are you like that? We live in a technological world! There's no need of giving letters! We have phones, internet and many more gadgets that can send your scribbled words fast. Letters are just old school. Letters? Romantic? Ewwww!!!


"Class! Drop all gadgets now!" Our teacher said when she walked in our class. We did dropped and followed what she'd said. For a school like ours, who wouldn't have lots of gadgets? In this world, technology rules it ! We don't need those damn letters! We need fast and quick senders. This is the teacher's problem with students nowadays. Teachers would always get annoyed when her students are not paying any attention to their lesson because of  modernized things. Like us, she's freakin' angry at us the only thing's missing is, she'll throw all of her books. Our school has wifi. Who wouldn't bring their laptops and wifi activated phones at school? No one of course! When class' starts, our teacher would gather our phones and laptops so we should surrender it to her before she calls our parents. As for me, I already surrendered my laptop along with its charger. I was just posting my thoughts about love letters in my blog awhile ago and there she is busting my moment. So I had to post it immediately. When the bell rings, wifi connections will be turned off. Only teachers can use their laptops and projectors at class for reasonable purposes. We would get jealous and our hands gets tingly and itchy if we don't have anything for our hands to play.


"Class! We have a student who's currently at the Hospital because he had some serious health problem. If any of you who has a willing heart to give, please drop them in the donation box. Hopefully, let's pray for the student's recovery" The teacher said. When the donation box's being passed behind, I took my wallet and gave the remaining bills I have. It's not so bad to give money to the needy especially if it's urgent. It will acually be given back.


 

oOo
 

As our lesson was driven by the teacher for hours, we had our lunch break. For a normal student like me in our school, we would immediately go to the cafeteria, order our food and eat it with passionate love and go back to our room. After I've done my lunch break routine, I'm at the door going to my seat. I saw a plain white paper resting on my table "Who left their love letter scattering around?" I asked myself


"Any of you left their love letter?" I asked the whole class while raising the paper up high. They said No and minded their own business. "None of you want this? Then I'll just throw it away!" I said. When I was meters away from the trash bin, some of my clumsy classmates were fooling around and I stumbled down on the floor. It made the paper fly to places within the room.


"You jerk! stop playing around!" I said  and glared at them one by one. I picked the paper up and when I was about to throw it, my name flashed in a neat handwriting. I hesitated whether I'll open it or not. You know me, I'm not fond of this things. But because I was too curious to what's written on it, I read it.


"To: Sueji" It says and I unfolded the paper. I read every single word. It was written with love, innocence and sincerity.

"To: Sueji
          How's it been? I'm sure you don't know who I am. From now on, you'll be receiving letters from me for I don't know days. I'm really happy to write you this letter. I know that you would think that this will be immature or something but I just want to have a little conversation wth you through this letter. You're really pretty and stunning. I'm looking forward for your reply. Take Care!"


It was nothing at all its just cute. After reading, I kept it inside my bag and went over for today's lesson.

 


oOo

 


After the long day at school, I walked alone going to our house "Should I write back?" I asked myself again "Nahh! It's just someone playing a joke on me. Don't think about writing letters Sueji! It's just a stranger..A stranger playing a prank on you!" I scolded myself mentally.


"Mom?Dad? I'm home!" When I got home, seems like nobody answered. Did they already left for work? I went to the kitchen if there's any food for me to eat. They left me dinner and a note that says "Eatwell! We're at work so don't wait for us" As I thought. I crumpled the sticky note and threw it anywhere. I didn't changed my uniform yet, I just ate dinner first for some apparent reason, my lunch wasn't enough to make my stomach full. Done washing the dishes, placed my things in  my room, took a quick shower,brushed my teeth and wore my pajamas. We don't have any homeworks, so instead of studying in advance, I checked my blog and read some people's comments about what I've posted earlier.


"Letters are sweet!" one said "Your life's just bitter because you haven't received one in your entire life" another one said "I feel your pain" one agreed. For your information Miss little commentor, I'm not bitter! My life's not bitter either! Saying stuff without thinking is pathetic. I've stopped reading hurtful and agreeable comments and planned to post another topic in my blog.


"Today, I received a letter. Should I reply to it?"  I typed


"If your heart tells you to" I scrolled down and read some more comments "Its just useless" another comment "Try writing back! You'll never know maybe Love will start there. Through letters.." I wasn't convinced at all! There comments didn't helped me. So I just turned my laptop off and went to bed early. So what if I won't write letters? It won't change anything if I write back.


 

oOo
 



The Morning sun tickled my eyes and persuaded me to wake up. After preparing my things, I've done washing up. All I need to do is eat breakfast. No one had to cook breakfast for me so I'll just cook toast then. I was all ready to go school. Today I left my laptop and headed to school with just my phone, headphones and bag. What's the use of bringing the laptop? It'll be taken away from me after all! When I arrived at school, finally! the teacher wasn't still there. I left my bag alone inside and toured myself around the school with Headphones on and listening to music in a high volume. When my legs got tired and can't take it anymore, I went back to our room and settled down. But I still didn't took of my headphones, my eyes were fixed on the scenery outside the window. I love looking at the world. It looks peaceful, fun and relaxing. I don't like having friends though. I'm contented with just me. Yes I'm alone and sometimes solo but it didn't mean that I'm already isolated from this world. I just like to have some alone time with just me and only me. I do have friends but less of them are true. When I wandered my thoughts to places, a hurtful pinch disturbed my tranquility.


It was Jieun the cute girl in our class. I looked at her and she stared at me. I glared, she smiled. While having a little playful staring contest, she gave up and gave me my prize. It was again the plain white and boring paper. I unfolded it and read its content.


"To: Sueji
       I see that you didn't replied to my letter. That's okay! I know that it would turn out like this. Who would reply to a letter that came from a stranger? Despereate people will.. But I guess you're not like one. That's what I like about you. I know this is too sudden but I like you! I really really like you Bae Sueji. I know that we've never met before, but I just want to say that I really like you. PLease don't think of it as a joke. It's totally real! Trust me.. I know that letters can be considered as lying cuz you may never know if what's written inside is real or not. But I'm being true.. I really do like you. I'm sorry for being such a coward. I would like to say this to you in person though but it'll complicate stuff. But I hope you'll reply to this letter. It's okay if you won't feel the same as I am. I'm just happy that I've confessed everything. If you wish to reply, just leave the letter to Locker #21. And through this letter, I hope we can communicate through hearts and words. Hope to converse with you soon. Take care!" 


Who is this mysterious sender? It didn'teven had its name or where it came from. Should I try replying? I guess it won't hurt right? Its just a harmless letter it won't give me pain or even heartaches right? It's just a piece of paper full or words. I guess I'll try.. Maybe I'll pass lunch break for now and take time to write this one. I got a piece of clean and white paper,my pen and I've brainstormed some delicate words that'll make ther eader a little happy. On second thoughts, it's just my reply he's wanting but I should be careful with my words before it hurts people.


"To: You
        I'm sorry if I hadn't replied to your last letter. I was just being careful if you really are sincere with your words. Since you've said that you're being true and honest, I wrote this. Hope you will be happy because of this letter. I'm really curious.. Why'd you write letters in the first place? We can also hang out some other time if you want to. I'm really honored and thankful that you adored me. I didn't know that you would like a girl like me that's plain and boring and no fun at all. I hope you'll reply to my letter as well. As usual, just place it on top of my table and leave it be. Oh yeah! For the next letter, how about you tell something about yourself? like describing your face, things you like and things you don't like. I really love to imagine your face. This letter's abit long doesn't it? Are you getting bored and tired of reading? Maybe I'll stop here.. I still have many things to ask and say but I think this paper wouldn't cover up my words. It's too long.. For the last time, please try to put your name in your letters so that I could put your name whenever I send letters to you. Am I talking too much? I'm sorry =_=" I just can't believe that people like you still writes letters in a technological world. I'm sorry to say that, I don't mean to. I just tend to ask useless questions so bluntly. Last, thank you again for admiring me. If I'll meet you soon, maybe I'll like you too. Take care!

 

From: Sueji" 

 

After writing and it was just in time for dismissal. When the teacher released us from our room, I immediately left the letter to Locker #21 and went home

 

oOo

 

The next day, at school I received the letter. I feel excited to read his reply that I almost ripped the parts of it. I gently unfolded it and read.

"To: Sueji
        How was your sleep? Thank you for replying and your handwriting was really pretty. Don't be too shock because I admired you. There are many guys that likes you too. You just haven't met them yet. You asked why I write letters? I just don't like writing letters though, I also like to compose songs. It just makes me feel relaxed and whenever I have stress, or something's buggin' my head, I just simply write it down on a paper and store it in a box. I almost have thousands of them. I'm sorry we can't hang out I'm really busy. There's just alot of things to be done. Let's just write letters okay? Writing a letter is something I call hanging out too. Stop thanking me because I admired you, just be Happy. You're not boring at all! Really. You see, I like photographs and taking pictures is my number one hobby. I dreamt about becoming a successful photographer someday and put the pictures that I've taken in a book and write something about the photos that I took. I play the guitar and can sing too. I like eating ALOT! I love black and my wardrobe's full of it. My Birthday's on 03.13.92 Actually, theres alot of stuff that I hate its just too many that I can't enumerate them. As for the looks, I have a mixture of dark brown and black hair, dark brown eyes, pale skin and a sharp nose with thin lips. If you're wondering if I'm fat, well No I'm not. I'm 178cm tall and I love wearing cardigans and hats. I have a little bro who's 2years younger than me. We have our little business. Sufficient enough to sustain our needs. We're not poor nor rich. Just average. And we enter the same school Did you know that? Your letter's not long though. I really had fun reading it. Maybe I won't tell you my name for now. I'll just write it in the last letter you'll receive from me. Our world's still the same. It's not technical nor old school. It's just the same old earth and its the economy that changes. I'm hoping to meet you soon too. I think? Next time, its your turn to describe yourself. Well, Take care!"


His words were so promising and it feels warm to read it over and over again. Its now my turn to write my reply. 

"To: You
        It feels kinda weird and awkward if I address this letter by just writing To: You. Is it fine? Anyways, thanks for answering my useless questions. You want me to describe myself? I thought you already saw me? Hahaha.. XD Anyhow, I have a long wavy hair same color as yours. My eyes are a little bit dark with a little brownish color to add beauty to it. I have crescent eyes when I smile. I love pink, I love to eat strawberries espeacially if its in ice creams and cakes. I also have a little bro 2years younger than I am. I love to sing and dance. I have a mole on my right wrist. My Birthday's on 10.10.94. I hate alot of stuff and its hard to enumerate too. I love to post my thoughts about things and life on my blog. I'm not sociable I only have a few of my friends. I consider some of them as true and some of them not. We have our family business too. Same as you, we're not poor or rich. Just an average human being living life. I think we have the same in common? I love summer and I hate rain. I love to wander my thoughts to places. Loves music and hated noise. I think that's it? I want to meet you soon. Didn't you say you like taking pictures? Please put your photo in your next letter next time :) Hey! aren't we schoolmates? You're a senior and I'm a junior? right? You said you can't hang out with me because you have many things to do. So, how about we meet each other tomorrow at lunch time? At the rooftop. I hope you won't decline my invitation. See you there! Take care!

 

From: Sueji"

 

oOo

 

The next day, it was already lunch break when I came to the rooftop first. I  waited for him there but it didn't took me minutes to wait. He was really fast. I showed him my smile and offered my hand to be shaken. He looked at it for a second, then minutes. Finally he shook it.


"Nice to see you!" I said but it seems like he wasn't happy to see me. But still, I kept myself from smiling and bright. But he was cold, behind those warm letters he wrote, a cold city man was discovered. He smiled.. slightly.. but then it vanished..


"I'm sorry" he said and lowered his head and his eyes got teary. I patted his shoulder and said "It's okay! you can tell me what's wrong. I'll listen.." he wiped his tears and said his apology again..


"What did I do to make you say your sorry?" I asked


"Nothing" he said coldly. I asked him what as it about


"I'm sorry but I'm not the one who writes those sweet and warm letters. It was my brother" I was in dazed for a second and still managed myself to be still


"What do you mean?" I said and made a long pause "Ahhhh! So the younger one's the one who liked me and pretended that it was you! Now I get it so stop apologizing" I giggled


"No" another long pause .. He took a deep breathe 


"Then what?"


"My older brother did wrote those letters" I listened and said


"Then, where is he?" I asked in a monotoned voice


"He's not here anymore. Remember when the teachers let us donate for someone because of his serious case in the hospital? It was my brother. The one that writes  letters for you. When he first wrote the letter and sent it, he's already at the hospital waiting for a miracle to heal him" My heart drowned. Didn't he said to heal? Does that mean he really does have a massive case in the hospital?


"What was his illness?" He prevented his tears to fall by swallowing the lump in his throat


"He has Leukemia" Leukemia..


"I was the one who always placed the letters on your table. He really wants to give it to you personally but I didn't let him cuz of his condition. He said once Hey little bro! There's this girl I really like. Is it fine if you'll send this letter to her? I didn't agreed at first. Letters are pathetic and lame I said but when he said Come one! for me? I have how many days to live. The remaining days, I'll use it to confess to her how I feel.And after that, I won't let you send letters anymore cuz I won't be here to write them that's when I was convinced. Everyday, he would write and everyday, you would receive. I'm thankful because in his short life, you still acknowledged his love for you eventhough he was just someone you don't know. I thank you for that. He did liked you. When I go there after class, he would say your name for countless of times and asks questions. But when you sent the last letter to him that you said to meet-up? After he read it, he happily finished his reply to you. You're lucky because he still gave something for you before he leaves. He took a nap after writing but when the nurse tried to wake him up to have his medications, he was already lifeless and cold. The doctor said that the white blood cells were taking over in his body.  When he took his nap, the white bloods cells were eating the remaning red ones. His condition was very severe and his body couldn't take it any longer. So, I suppose the time left, he took it and wrote his last letter for you. I'm sorry if you hadn't met him. I thought that you would be a great girlfriend for him but he left you, me and our family way too early. And as for the position of my brother, I would gladly send you his last letter" He handed me the paper and I held it tightly. He looked up high and saw the Heavens

 

"Hey bro! Did I do a great job? Don't worry she already has it" he said to the sky and when he finished saying his last words, he waved goodbye. I was already hurt. I didn't even had the chance to meet him. It's unfair! I cried almost like a river but when I looked at his letter, my heart pounds every second. Like being squeezed til bloods flows out. I stopped crying and wiped my tears. I opened the envelope and unfolded the paper



"To: Sueji
        So, you like summer but hated rain? Were opposite. I think summer's really painful because of the heat. But rain, it makes me feel cold and not to feel anything because of the coldness it gives. You became numb.. My body's cold and wanting heat. Maybe it's just meant for me? To feel coldness but I also need warmth. Someday, maybe that warmth will shower upon me.. Its feels Heaven to feel that warmth.. Heaven.. Anyways, I can't meet up with you. If you askw why? Just look up, see the endless sky and ask Heaven ;) But here! turn the paper around and you'll see an angel there. Maybe you'll need someone to guide you whenever you go and maybe you'll need it if you'll miss me. I'll stop here! Goodbye Princess! I think this is the long way I'll go. Take care! and because it'll be the last, let me say this to you. I Love You ~

 

From: Kim Myungsoo"

 

He knew.. he knew that he was leaving. He knew that someone already came for him and took him to the right place where he can feel warmth. He wasn't afraid. He wasn't scared. But he was ready. Ready to die and feel the warmth he was craving for. Maybe he's too tired to live life that he wants rest. Good for him cuz Heaven's really a great place to live. Not here like burning hell. I wish him a long happy life up there

 

oOo

 

 

The anonymous writer that sends me letters already left to another world. I feel pain whenever I remember his letters. When I feel something burning inside my heart, I would write it on a piece of paper just like a letter and store it in a box. I learned many things. I learned that letters are very valuable for him. that letters are not just paper with words. Its also a paper filled with loving words that you and the other person can only feel. You can also have a conversation with someone by just letters. I didn't see or met him but because he likes taking photos, he gave me a wallet sized photo of himself. He's the same how he described himself. But he didn't mentioned that he was handsome. Very Handsome. I fell for his words. I was about to give in but its too late. Letters can make you feel real and honest. Letters are romantic to the extent that words are more worth it than actions IF its sincere. But if you're the same as me, who doesn't believes easily, then you've made the right choice. Be careful and don't believe in letters if the sender's letter's abit deceiving. Reply them with a nice and convincing words that'll make the other person open up with you. Know the stranger first.. I take back what I've said. Letters are sweet and not old school. Yes, its been in the past to write and receive letters but believe it or not, its quite cool and interesting. Don't be afraid if some stranger wrote you a letter. Be happy because maybe he's your Admirer. Have a good day! Take care!

/Blog Posted/












Thank You for reading :) I hope you enjoyed the story ! Take care ~