Love Of A Friend

Love Of A Friend

That girl walks to someone's grave. She can not hold her tears. She is crying, she can not stop it. She brings a bouquet of flowers, and she put it on that person's grave. She clasps her hands, and she starts to pray. She closes her eyes, and prays peacefully. After she's done praying, she says "Hey, Minho. How are you? I am very sorry because i can't come often. I am just very busy with my work lately. But, thank God i don't have to work today. You know what? I regret everything. You were right, that guy . He's just another jerk. I should've trusted you. I am very sorry. I didn't even know that you were dying. I really wish that i have a time machine. I want to go back in time, and make every things right. I really wish.." she stops talking, and she begins to cry, again. Hwang Mi Young, this girl, she is really regretting everything. She wished she could go back in time, but of course she could not.

 

"Minho, he confessed to me! Oh my God, can you believe it? I felt like i wanted to cry when he told me that he loves me. I can't believe it, really. I want to scream. Aaaaa" Mi Young was jumping around because she was extremeeely happy.

Minho was just kept reading his comic book. "Don't be too excited, noona. What if he just another jerk? You're gonna cry later, i bet"

Mi Young hit his back, kinda hard, if i must say. "What is your problem? You are my best friend, you should support me, and be happy for me. Jeez, i just can't believe you" 

"I know that, noona. But i just don't want you to get hurt. Remember what Siwon hyung did to you? He broke your heart. And i guess that, every popular guys are bastards. You can't trust them that easily. You should have learned from your lessons" Minho tried to explain his reason to his beloved noona. He really cared for his noona, well, his bestfriend for a lifetime. But, to be honest, she was his first love. But, he, obviously, denied it. He did not want to ruin their friendship. And, basically because his noona kept falling for other guys, but him. I guess she never considered him as a boyfriend. Well, Minho could not do anything about it, except be there for her, when she needed him. But, his love just kept growing. He did not know why, his heart begged for her to love him back. He could not stop his feeling for her. And for him, it .

"Aww that's really sweet. I know that you really care for me, thank you. But, you don't have to worry. I'll be careful this time. And i really love him, so... I put my trust in him" said Mi Young, with such a gentle smile. She really liked Minho, though. But her feeling was different than Minho's. She considered him as a brother, a beloved little brother.

Minho just nodded. 'Why can't that person be me?" he thought. Actually, he was tired. Why his noona could not notice his feeling?

 

Mi Young sobs. "Back then, i should've known. I am so sorry that i was such a meanie. I cared for you, i really did. But, i couldn't consider you as a boyfriend. I think it's because you were really like my brother, so i didn't realise my own feeling. I was such a dumb"

 

"Then, after we went to the amusement park, he kissed me. And he also said that he would be with me forever. How sweet was that? I've been dating him for three months now and i enjoy this. I mean, i have no regrets. He's not just handsome, but he is also kind, sweet, charming, and gentle. Believe me, i couldn't ask for more. He's perfect" said Mi Young with sparkles in her eyes.

Minho, really, did not want to hear that. He just felt like he wanted to close his ears with his both hands. He found that disgusting. 'Such a creep' he thought. "Well, i guess it's not right, noona. Nobody's perfect in this entire world. And, like Tyra Banks said 'perfect is boring' and i believe, that's for real"

Mi Young chuckled. She had to be angry, but she could not. What's wrong with her lovely brother? He changed lately. "Well, i guess you're just jealous. Why don't you find a girlfriend? I have many girlfriends. If you want know about them, you can just ask me. I will introduce you sometime to them"

Minho shocked. "Ani, what are you talking about? I don't need that. I've already found one"

"Mwo?" Mi Young could not believe what he just said. Was he being serious? "You have a girl that you love? Why didn't you tell me? So... Have you confessed to her? Does she know?"

Minho shook his head. "Aniya, she doesn't know. I wanted to confess my feeling for her, but she's taken already. And i know who that guy is. I really love her, she's my precious treasure. I hope that he won't hurt her, because... She has already got her heart broken before" Minho gulped. Was that alright for him to tell her that? She would know, right? But, whatever. He told her already.

Mi Young just stayed quiet. She did not say anything. Actually, she COULD NOT say anything. She felt like his words were towards her. She felt uneasy. "D-do i know that gi-girl..?" she asked with stutter.

Minho got up from his chair, and stood right in front of her. "Noona, how long is our friendship?"

Mi Young answered it, very nervous. "Fif-fifteen years.."

Minho sighed. "After all this time, do you really don't know anything about my feeling?"

"Wha-what are you talking about? It's not even funny. Move away" Mi Young said, while turning her head. She could not look him in the eyes. She felt afraid out of a sudden. "Seriously, move! Move, or i will slap you. I am serious"

Minho grabbed her shoulders. She felt pain. "Of course you know that girl. That girl is you. I love you, noona. I've loved you for so long, but you never noticed it. It , it felt really to hear you talked about your boyfriend. I hate this feeling. I hate myself for loving you. Aish!" Then, he ran away.

"Minho... I am so sorry. Please forgive your noona" she began to cry as she watched him go.

 

"Remember what happened after that? I still remember that day. That was the worst moment of my entire life" says Mi Young. She acts like she is talking with Minho, but of course, there won't be any answers. I think she is going crazy, out of her mind.

 

"Baby, i think we should break up"

Mi Young could not believe what Kyuhyun, her boyfriend, just said to her. Her eyes widened. "What..? Why?" she pushed herself. She  bited her lips because she did not want to cry. She held her tears. "You're joking.. Right? Right?"

Kyuhyun shook his head. His expression was so cold. "No, i am serious. I've lost all my feelings for you. I want to break up with you because i don't want to hurt you. Believe me, Young. This is for the best"

Mi Young slapped him really hard. His left cheek became red immediately. "Fine! if that's what you want. I know you've lost your feeling for me, because you cheated on me, right? I'll go. Don't talk to me ever again. If you dare, i will kill you" She ran away. She kept running with her eyes full of tears. She stopped near Han River to control her breath. She felt so dizzy. She got her heart broken, AGAIN. She should have listened to Minho. "Minho.." she mumbled. Then, she grabbed her cellphone, and called him. But, he did not aswer. "Minho, please pick it up. Please..."

"Hello?" it's a woman voice. But, her voice was husky. She just cried.

"Uhm.. Sorry. Who is this? I want to talk to Minho. Is he available to talk? This is important"

"Mi Young, is this you?" the woman asked. "This is me, Minho's mother"

Mi Young shocked. Oh my God, she's such a dumb. "Oh, sorry auntie. I didn't realise that this is your voice. Because your voice is husky. Were you just cried, auntie? What happened?"

Minho's mother cried out of the blue. "Mi Young..." she said with such a husky voice. It was so miserable to hear her voice. "Minho died, because he got hit by a truck.."

Mi Young's eyes widened. She could not be serious. Suddenly, she felt dizzy and she passed out. When she passed out, tears were streaming down her face.

 

"After that, after i woke up, i went to your grave, and i met your mom. She gave me a letter. A letter that you wrote for me. And after i read it, i cried non-stop. I regret everything. I am so sorry. I should have listened to you. I'm such a fool. Please, forgive me..." she cries. She cant't hold her tears anymore. She is devastated. "And, please be happy. I'll see you again someday. I promise. And i will love you at that time. I swear.."

 

Hey, noona. How are you? I am fine as always. I wrote this letter because i want to tell you that i am sorry for yelling at you. I didn't mean to be harsh on you. But, i just couldn't control my feeling back them. Noona, i want to tell you that i really love you. My feeling for you have changed since junior high. I really want to confess, but you always fall in love with other guys. When you got your heart broken, i felt miserable. I didn't want to see you cry. I hate to see you cry. Noona, i don't like your boyfriend, because he stole you away from me. I don't like your ex boyfriend, because he hurt you. How can you fall for them, but you can't fall for me? Is it because i am younger than you? Come on, noona. I am only a year younger than you. You should not think about that, right?

Noona, sorry if i keep judging your story about your boyfriend. I actually just don't want you to fall for the wrong person, again. I want to take care of your feeling. I don't want to see you cry anymore. Please understand my feeling. But, i think your boyfriend really loves you. So, i guess it's his job to take care of you, not mine. So, even though i love you, i am letting you go. I hope he will treat you well. Be there whenever you need him. Be the PERFECT boyfriend for you, even though pefect is boring, hehe. So, i guess that's all i want to say. Be happy, noona. And i promise that i will always love you. And i will always give my love, THE LOVE OF A FRIEND

 

 

Your beloved brother,

Choi Minho