Element 6: What is it about you?

I Have to Win

[Doojoon’s POV]



 

            ‘This kid is in crazy!’ I thought to myself as I stood on a rock in the center of a raging creek. I struggled to keep my balance on the cold stone covered in moss.

“What the hell is this supposed to teach me, anyway?” I yelled at the brat on the creek shore.

            “Focus,” He yelled back, a small smirk on his face. “When I say go, HakYeon will release several logs from the waterfall up the creek. Some are marked with red the others are marked with blue. Use your powers to guide the blue ones to shore and destroy the red ones.”

‘He’s joking. He must be joking,’ I sighed, taking a deep breath. “Ok, bring it on.”

            Yoseob whistled and within an instant two large logs came rushing down the rapids. The water made it a bit difficult the see the colors on the tips but as soon as the red one came into sight, I aimed a dark energy orb at it and hit it dead center, destroying it. The blue tipped log came after it and I used my dark energy snakes to push it to shore. “Heh, this is easy.”

            “Level two, HakYeon!” YangYo yelled and soon, 4 more logs came rushing down the river.

I was confused by the water and as soon as a log came into sight, I destroyed it. To my misfortune, the log was blue. I tried to recover and destroyed a red log while guiding another red one to shore. “Crap! Hey slow it down-” Before I could finish, the last log caught air from a rapid and hurled itself into my stomach, knocking me off the rock and into the river.

I swam to the surface and over to shore where I found the blonde brat laughing his off.

“Hey, you brat! What the hell, this training is impossible! You’re just doing this to get back at me for bothering you!” I yelled, furious at being made a fool of.

“I just...” He laughed. “I didn’t think you’d be so bad at this. Even Kikwang made it to level eight!”

“This training is a joke.” I yelled. “You probably can’t do it either.”

“Oh?” YangYo            raised his eyebrow before kicking off his shoes and leaping from the bank onto the moss covered rock. “Hakyeon! Level 10!”

Within an instant, at least 20 logs came rushing down the river. The blonde on the rock stood perfectly still, waiting for just the right moment. Once the logs were within reach, he fired multiple energy beams destroying at least five red logs within a matter of milliseconds. He fired his blasts into the water near the blue logs hurling them into the air near him where he kicked them toward the shore line. He kept up his speedy pace and before I knew it all of the blue logs were on shore while the red logs were a pile of twigs, floating down the river.

            I stood, staring at the crazy light elemental. ‘Unbelievable.’

            “Get it?” He leapt back over to me, placing his finger under my chin to close my agape mouth. I groaned and he pushed me back into the water. “Let’s try again. If you’re lucky, you’ll reach level 3 today.”









 

[Dongwoon’s POV]


 

            “HIYA!” I flipped Kikwang over my shoulder and watched as his back collided with the ground. I glanced behind me and instantly the speedy elemental was throwing punches from behind me.

            I tried my best to block his punches but I was blindsided by a strike to my shoulder.

            “Gotcha,” He smiled, jumping back.

            ‘Amazing. I didn’t even see him move to my right.’ I sighed. I wasn’t used to fighting without my powers.

            “You alright, Dongwoon?” Kikwang walked over as I panted from the fight.

            “Y-Yeah,” I caught my breath, standing up. “One more round.

            “I don’t know, I’m trying my best to simulate multiple fighters but I’m kind of wiped ou-” He smiled throwing a punch to try and catch me off guard but I sensed his deception, grabbed his wrist and threw him back into a tree.

            The elemental stood back up and started laughing. “Ok. Ok, you caught me. You learn fast, Woonie.”

            “Of course I do,” I stood proudly. “I’m Son Nam Shin.”

           

            ‘Wait, what did I just say? Wait, WHAT DID HE JUST CALL ME?!’

           

Kikwang laughed. “You’re a bit bipolar, aren’t you? I thought you didn’t want people to know your Nom de guerre, Woonie.”

            “YAH! DON’T CALL ME WOONIE!” I blushed. I barely knew this guy; why the hell does he make me so flustered?

Kikwang picked the tree bark out of his hair before walking over and placing a hand on my shoulder. “C’mon, I’m hungry. Let’s get some of the food in Hyunseung’s picnic basket.”

I nodded, still trying to figure out why the hell I acted the way I did. I began walking back toward my hyung and the prince. My head was a typhoon of thoughts. I tried so hard to hide my ‘Nam Shin’ persona on the surface but Kikwang was able to bring it out. Why do I want to show my strength around him?

“Oh. My. God.”

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Kikwang’s statement. I looked up to see exactly what he was referring to. ‘Oh, My God.’

 

           

           


 

[Yoseob’s POV]




 

            I watched as the almighty DJ was helplessly sprawled out on the muddy ground. I let him rest after the river training and it was time for the next regimen.

            “Tired, DJ,” I teased and he sent a glare at me, “wanna call it quits?”

            “Not a chance,” He sprung up to his feet, and slung his wet t-shirt over his head. “What’s next?”

            I felt a bit of heat rise to my cheeks, glancing at his well-cut abs. I shook my head, walking into the forest. “Keep up.”

            I took off running, the dark elemental speeding after. I leapt over fallen trunks while ducking and sliding under low hanging branches.

            I noticed he was pretty good at chasing me and managed to avoid all of the forest obstacles. I reached a ravine and slid down into the narrow creek at the bottom. I ran through the water, glancing back at the disgruntled DJ, angry at getting wet again.

            I took this opportunity to cause a bit of mischief. I reached into the creek, capturing a crawdad. I aggravated the little creature a bit before tossing it back at Doojoon. I looked back to see the angry crustacean had latched itself onto Doojoon’s ear.

            “Oww! Oww! Oww!” The dark elemental yelled and I tried to stifle my laughter.

            The angry elemental tossed aside the crayfish and began gaining speed. I noticed his rage and picked up my own speed as the creek’s water began to diminish, the further up the ravine we got downstream.

            I smiled, once I neared my destination and stopped short watching as Doojoon ran past me, tripped and fell into a mud puddle.

            I fell over laughing. He picked himself up, wiping the mud out of his face. He grabbed my collar, pulling me toward him and cocking his fist back.

            “Nah, uh, uh~” I chimed. “Punch me and the deal’s off.”

            He sat me down and groaned. I smirked knowing I had the all-powerful DJ, right where I wanted him.

            “Little brat,” he gripped, glancing ahead of him. “What is this anyway?”

            I took a look ahead as the muddy ravine sloped downhill. “It’s a mud slope.”

            “A what?” He asked puzzled.

            I sighed, pointing upstream. “A few years ago some beavers built a dam upstream, thinning out the water to the pond below. Now, the small amount of water keeps this ravine muddy, perfect for sliding.”

            “Are you telling me, we’re sliding down this thing.” he asked, contorting his face into a look of discomfort.

            “Yep.” I smiled and walked over to an un-native Japanese banana tree, “or rather, we’ll surf down it. HakYeon planted this tree, just so we can use its leaves.”

            “You’re crazy,” DJ said as I plucked two giant leaves from its branches.

            “Afraid you can’t hack it?” I asked, tossing him a leaf. This slopes kinda dangerous, and these leaves are kinda fragile.”

            “What’s the point of this, anyway?” DJ asked, setting the leaf upside-down on the edge of the slope.

            I kicked off my shoes, and placed my leaf at the end of the slope. “Easy, balance. All you have to do is make it to the bottom without falling or destroying your leaf.”

            “Easy enough,” He smirked.

            “See you at the bottom.” I took off down the mudslide as Doojoon trailed after.


 

[Hyunseung’s POV]


 

            ‘What a perfect day,’ I thought, grabbing a sandwich out of my picnic basket. Thanks to Dongwoon, I got out of fighting with Kikwang today. Personally, I liked training, and Kikwang was a great partner. But in my defense, I could spend the day alone with Junhyung, and I’d much rather do that than train.


 

            I lay back on the blanket, munching my roast beef sandwich. Junhyung grabbed one of his favorite turkey sandwiches and a can of coke before sitting next to me. I liked Junhyung, I really did. He’s kind and not obsessive, unlike my other friends, plus he’s a lot more handsome than they are as well. His shy awkwardness definitely amused me, as we continued to talk about ourselves.

            I learned that Junhyung wants to be a composer when he graduates, he’s known Doojoon since kindergarten and his favorite color is red. I told him that Yoseob and I had been friends since Jr. High and we met Kikwang in high school. After a while of just talking, I coaxed him into giving me a sip of his coke, rapping for me, and I even got some private information out of him.

            “So,” I asked the nervous elemental. “What’s your ideal type?”

            I saw his cheeks go candy-apple red as he turned away from me. “H-Honestly, I don’t really have one.”

            I chuckled, sitting up, looking at the boy. “Really? Well, what about the last girl you kissed? What did you like about her?”

            Junhyung sighed. “I’ve never been kissed.”

            I smiled. “Really? Why not?”

            Junhyung laid back, “Sure I had girls in high school. I had plenty of girls who wanted to get with the big bad Joker, but any time I got close enough to go on a date or kiss them I...chickened out.”

            I tried to hold back my laughter. I couldn’t believe the ice cold, heart-crusher, Joker, had never been kissed. Even I’ve been kissed by a girl, although it was at summer camp when I was twelve; I think Yoseob was jealous that summer.

            “It’s not that big a deal, right?” Junhyung asked. “I just wanna wait for the right person, at the right time.”

            I smiled. “Nope, you’re fine. Someone will give you your first kiss someday.” I yawn, lying down on the blanket. ‘Who knows, maybe I’ll do it.’



 

            [Junhyung’s POV]



 

            ‘AHHH! I CAN’T BELIEVE I TOLD HIM THAT,’ I screamed internally. My image is ruined. I just told my deepest secret to a member of a rival team. What if he uses it against me? What if I’m no longer respected and feared in the ring.

            ‘No, no, Hyunseung wouldn’t tell anyone. He’s too 4D for that, right?’ I laughed awkwardly, garnering Hyunseung’s attention.

            “Something wrong, Junnie?”

            ‘Junnie? JUNNIE!’ I felt my face turn bright red as steam escaped from my ears. “J-Junnie? Where did that come from?”

            “Oh sorry,” He yawned. “It’s just a nickname.”

            ‘It’s not a nickname, it’s a pet name!’ I started downing my coke, trying to drown my thoughts is sugary-sweet caffeine. ‘Stop thinking like that, Junhyung. You’re straight! And Hyunseung is just a friend. A beautiful, doe-eyed, plump-lipped, kissable- AHHHHHH.  YONG JUNHYUNG, YOU ARE IN STRAIGHT!”

            I was flailing about, lost in my thoughts when Hyunseung jumped up and held my legs down. I took a deep breath, looking down at the 4D boy.

            “W-What are you doing?” I asked.

            “I thought you were having a seizure,” Hyunseung answered, innocently.

            I sighed, chuckling and pulling the weirdo off of my legs to rest his head in my lap. I sat up and his soft red locks, calming the worried elemental down. “Don’t worry, Seungie. I’m not having a seizure.

            He seemed to relax and I did too. Seeing his smile as I patted his hair, helped relax my whirlwind of panic. I began to think only of Hyunseung. ‘What is it about you that makes me so crazy?’

            My thoughts were once again interrupted by a familiar and annoying voice.

            “Oh. My. God.” 

 

 



A/N: Short Chapter. 

 

I didn't wanna leave you hanging while I get my new fic up and running so I completed a chapter of this. I'll be working on my new fic and in 12 days, I'll probably disappear from AFF for a while (A week at the least, a month at the most)

I spellchecked this chapter but I didn't have time to proofread it so I apologize for any errors. I'll go back and fix it after school.

 

 

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE