Stargazers

The Beast and the Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n Backkkkk!~ hihi^^ trying out a new format for the dialogue...

Chapter 12: Stargazers

Author's POV:

"You okay?" Chanyeol asked, rubbing Sun's back to soothe her. Sun nodded, and shakily answered, "Yeah, thanks." Sun felt the pills slowly start to take effect. Her breathing slowed and became more calm. "My grandma used to do this when I was younger." Chanyeol explained, "She'd give me some homemade soup and pat my back. I know the recipe, so if you want I ca-"

"What a surprise seeing you here." Jinyoung said angrily. "Oh nothing," Chanyeol said, flashing Jinyoung one of his killer smiles. "I was just around town, you know doing butler things."

"I"m sure you were." Jinyoung spat. "You just happened to be around this restaurant, and just happened to catch a glimpse of use inside hm?"

"Jinyoung," Sun whispered, pulling slightly on his cuff sleeve. "What are you doing? Why are you so angry? He said he was just around. It was just  weird coincidence."

'Yes, what a coincidence indeed." Jinyoung breathed angrily. She doesn't believe me. "I don't know why you're having such a hard time believing me." Chanyeol said innocently. "Why don't you trust me?"

"Nonsense, Jinyoung believes you righ-" "No, no I don't. I do not believe Dobby." Jinyoung said angrily. "How about you and me continue on with our date?"

"D-date?" Sun stuttered, "I-I...b-but...this isn't a...it's not...we're not..." Jinyoung sighs, his plan to make Chanyeol jealous obviously ruined. Chanyeol sends a smirk in Jinyoung's direction and pats Sun's shoulder reassuringly. "It's okay, I know it wasn't a date. I mean who'd go on a date with a guy like him?"

Jinyoung opens his mouth to make a smart remark but Sun interrupts him. "Well...that's not necessarily true." She says her head bent low, a slight blush running up her cheeks. "He has some good points." Jinyoung can't help but hide the shock on his face, along with Chanyeol's surprise.

"You've got to be kidding me." Chanyeol says chuckling a bit. "Him? He's just some rude city kid, who acts like he's better than us. What good points could he possible have?" Jinyoung tried to hide feign disinterest but at the same time couldn't help but lean in excitedly for Gerta's answer.

"Well..." Sun says tilting her head up and looking at Jinyoung and then Chanyeol, "for starters he's kind. He knows how to talk to people and make people feel welcome and wanted. I was a mess earlier back at the house, but Jinyoung calmed me down. I hadn't left the property for years and I missed the town no matter how much I denied it. I wanted to come back, to see the people and maybe perhaps see if any of them recognized me, and if they recognized me I wondered it they forgave me. I've locked myself away for too long...Chanyeol I know you're trying to do what's best for me but this, this is what's best for me. To step out of the little box I've been living in and face my fears. Chanyeol, I need to stop being afraid and Jinyoung has done a great deal to help me with that." He made me feel wanted for the first time in my life.

Chanyeol gawks mouth wide open along with Jinyoung, who is just as surprised maybe even more. I helped? Is she getting attached? I'm not good with commitments. But somehow... "Well...thanks." Jinyoung says rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. What exactly was he supposed to say at a time like this? He wanted to say more honestly he did, but he didn't know what to say. 

Say something meaningful and nice, something that will make her heart race. But instead Jinyoung says, "You wanna go out after this? I know this awesome place that's a great place to go to at night." Sun looks at him still flustered from what she said earlier and slowly nods her head. "Umm actually," Chanyeol says grabbing his coat and tugging on Sun's arm. "it's kind of late out. How about I take Gerta home and you have fun by yourself?"

"Back off." Jinyoung mouths, sending Chanyeol a warning glare for interfering with his plans.

"You back off."

"You."

"You."

"It's okay, I'll stay. Chanyeol you can go back to the house if you want." Sun says moving out of Chanyeol's grasp. "It's only 8 o'clock and I'm having fun." Jinyoung hides his laughter with his hand. Ha take that you er!

"Okay, then maybe I'll stay t--"

RINGRINGRING

Chanyeol flips out his phone, turning away to answer it. "Hello?" he says, and then a few seconds later he sighs nodding his head. "Right, right. Got it. I'll be over there shortly. Yes, Hmm. Bye." Chanyeol then shuts his phone putting in his pocket and turns to us. "Sorry Gerta, but the maids need me at the h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter