4

My beloved creature

 

The twins kept on teaching their creature. Hyoyoung would tell It things about the people, the social activities, time, weather; and Hwayoung would teach it how to be polite, how to sit, eat and speak. The creature would soon visit the county with them.

But there was one day, when those sneaky boys hanged around, their secret became public. Everybody heard about the news and the twins had a hard time.

They brought a dead man back!”, “They are using dark magic!”, “Science and magic are the same Satan thing!”, they said.

 

 

“Run, my creature… run and hide, don’t let anyone come near you.”, Hyoyoung desperately told it.

“Not…leave…you.”, was the creature’s answer.

It spoke as a tired person, with a slow and heavy voice. It’s mouth was half open and though its body was semi-dead its eyes were sharp and vivid.

 

“Want… to be…with you.”, it said almost in a whisper.

Hyoyoung stared at it. She couldn’t believe her creature had developed such thing like emotions.

“I’ll find you. I promise. Now you must leave. They’ll kill you.”, she warned as Hwayoung tried her hardest to hold the door with another spell.

“Don’t… forget…me.”, the creature put on a sad expression and it seemed like a tear had formed on its eyes

“Can’t… break… promise.”, he said and tiredly crossed his heart. . Hyoyoung’s heart became tight. That was the exact thing her lover used to say and do. Was it that… perhaps… he was back? Was it possible that instead of making another person up she had brought her beloved back?

 

“Sister! They’re burning the door!”, Hwayoung yelled, she was tired and her magic was getting weak.

“For…you… i…”, the creature tried to speak but it was too slow. Hyoyoung knew what it would say though.

She looked at her sister for a second and turned to the creature again. Hyoyoung put her hands on the creature’s face, caressing it a bit, warming the cold flesh on its body. A tear escaped her eyes and she kissed the creature fully on the mouth.

For you I’d no anything.”, she said when they separated, her forehead on its.

“Now go, Woobin… we’ll reach you later.”, she left go of it and the creature roughly exited the house through a subway door.