Chapter 2

Be My Baby Boo

 

CHAPTER 2

 

----Lee Haeri’s POV

                So here I am, texting my neighbour to come with me to a blind date which is tomorrow morning. Aish! I shouldn’t tell him I set him up to a blind date, because he will eat me alive!

                He just hate that kind of thing. He thought that a blind date is so stupid. And a blind date is just for a loser, a nerd, not an ulzzang like him. Not for the Lord Junhong of course.

 

To : Stupid jerk next door (*)

Yah, are you free tomorrow?

(*)what? You don’t like the contact name that I gave for him? Don’t tell me... you’re one of his fans? Oh no no no. This name suits him best. I take credit for that. Peace! ^^v

 

                1 minutes.

                3 minutes.

                5 minutes.

                30 minutes.

                Aaaargh! I can’t do this. Why he didn’t reply my oh-so-overly-simple question? I spent my 30 precious minutes waiting for his reply. And I got nothing? Nothing?! Aaargh!

 

To : Stupid jerk next door

Reply my message, Jerk!

 

                I waited for another 5 minutes, but he still didn’t gave me a reply. Okay, I gave up. I don’t want to wait any longer. I’m sorry Mira.

                But finally, after I ate my lunch, took a nap  and finished my long warm bath, my phone vibrated.

 

From : Stupid jerk next door

Y. Y?

 

                WHAT. THE. HELL.

                I can’t hold it anymore. The anger. The frustated feeling. The fury.

                I threw the pebbles through my window to his window. Yeah. Our room is so close. Just a few meters away. And it . You asked me why I didn’t do this at the first place? Ask him face to face? Okay. I’ll answer you. It’s because... I am shy to ask him that ‘kind’ of question. I’m sure he’ll get the wrong idea if I did.

                “yah Junhong! I know you are there! Junhooong!” I screamed.

                The window in front of me opened. The Jerk Junhong crossed his arms with a smirk on his face.

                “what do you want, Miss Haeri? Any problem?” he gave me a playful look. What the with his expression.

                “a problem? You ask if I have a problem? Yes. I have a problem with you, Mr. Junhong. Why you reply my message with just ‘Y’ letter?” I gave him a deadly look. But you know what happend next? The smirk on his face just got bigger and bigger.

                “why?” he simply asked. Oh my boiling blood.

                “w-why?! What?!” I really don’t understand how his brain work.

                “the reason you mad at me. Tell me.” he now winked at me. Ewww. Gross!

                “y-yah! It’s not time for talking bull. Just answer my question first, Mr.”

                “you texted me if I’m free tomorrow, and waited for my reply. But after 30 minutues, you still didn’t receive a reply. Your heart started to beat fast and you started to feel uneasy. So you texted me again. But being me, of course I am not replying a message from a girl that fast, you know? I have my own self-esteem as a kingka.” he started to talk about stupid thing that my brain refused to understand.

                “but a few minutes ago, I reply your message just by the letter ‘Y’, so you felt very angry. You felt dissapointed because I act like I gave no care for your shy confession. In other word, I broke your poor little heart. So.. since when?” This Junhong, is definitely go insane.

                “since when what?” now I’m really tired to deal with his crazyness.

 

“since when you are falling in love with me, Miss Lee Haeri?”

 

                Junhong let out a very loud laughter. Like he win some lottery or like he succesfully survived from the Word War III. My mouth just hang open, look like a real freak. Am I hearing wrong?

                 “are you CRAZY? Since when I am falling in love with you? Hah! Since NEVER.” I screamed in front of his face. His expression turned rigid for a moment. Did I just see him sad? Or is that a hurt on his face? Did he just get a broken heart? Uh-huh. I gave no care.

                “so why you ask me if I’m free tomorrow? You want to go on a date with me right? And in the end of the day, you will confess to me about your crush on me. right?” he desperately said.

                WHAT THE , JUNHONG!

                I really gave up now. I didn’t see any hope just from the beginning. I’m defeated. Without another word coming from my mouth, I closed the door. I still could hear Junhong’s screams, but I didn’t care anymore. How dare he thought I’m falling in love with him just because a stupid text message?

                I took my phone out and started typing a message for Mira.

 

To : Moon Ahjumma

Yah, I already tried my best to make him come tomorrow. But I think it’s impossible. I’m sorry, I gave up.

 

                A few seconds later, my phone rang. Mira called me. But being her bestfriend for years, I knew that it will be best for me not to answer that call.

                Mira still calling me again and again. Fortunately, after the 14th call, she gave up and sent me a text message instead.

 

From : Moon Ahjumma

LET’S TALK TOMORROW LEE HAERI

 

                So scary that ahjumma. Sigh.