Chapter 1

Happily Ever After [행복하게]

          I have known him since forever. It is as if everything was a plan for us to be together. Our families are close friends. Thats why i have known him when i wad born. I still remember the day i was born, he was there, face pressed against the window, squinting his small eyes trying to take a good look at me. Everyone used to praise us as a matchmake in heaven. To us, we dint understand, the world is still a very big place.

                "Yah! Oppa!" Im running after a crazy retard with my dress flying, showing everything that is underneath. Im 4 and he's 5. He just grabbed my blanky, teasing me as usual. Of course, he is way faster than me. I knew i couldnt catch up n give up. I lied down onto the lawn of meadow, knowing that i'll never win him. Seeing this, Jiyong stops, sighed and walks to my side, returning me my blanky. I smiled widely while he scowls," You always dont play fair. You're always using the sympathy card making me turn around. I will not do it again you know." He pouted. I laughed. I knew that he will still do it the next time the same thing happens. He always gives in to me:) Jiyong lives just next to my house. Our parents always prepares an extra meal in case we go to each others house. Once, my umma forgpt to prepare and extra serving of ice-creamand asked me to give mine to Jiyong. I sulk and stomp out to the garden. Mins later, Jiyong comes out too, with two hands holding on to the cup of ice-cream. I looked at him questioningly. He smiles and says, " Dara, for you!~" i brighten up immediatelyand take the spoon he is holding out. I fed him a spoonful and he feeds me one. Before we knew it, we have ice-cream all over our clothes and faces, fingers coated with chocolate sauce.

               Our names soon becomes a phrase. Dara and Jiyong. Jiyong and Dara. It sounded weird without each other. Like something's missing. People go around asking," Hows Jiyong and Dara? " What about our umma and appa? They say," Its time to eat Jiyong and Dara!" Even we get used to it. We feel weird when we are not together. Its like we are joined at the hip.

               When Jiyong is not around, i pair up with a girl called Minzy. We become best friends. We pair up for class work and everything. She's also a good listener. She hears me confide everything when im feeling sad and comfort me. We started having two other pretty girls, Bom and Chaerin joing our clique. We went on to junior high together. Its great to see then again after the holidays. Minzy's gotten a nice tan when she vists her relatives in California. Bommie had just gotten her braces fitted and dont want to talk much when we first saw her, avoiding opening as much as possiblr. Chaerin has grown taller during the hols. She is even taller than me now! This time, IU is joining us. She is my cousin staying with me since both her parents are working overseas. She is very pretty n petite in size. She is also quite shy. The girls are getting along well with her when they met during the holidays. I discovered that we had the same lunch break as Jiyong. When i bump into him at the cafeteria, he strides towards me and asked how i've been coping. "Why is he so concern about how you cope? Even my brother doesnt do that...." Minzy teased me," I think he likes you Dara."

 

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating. Exams left me with no time. Anyway, enjoy! Do comment and subscribe~ Byee~