Jae is Cold...

DaeJae and Storms

 

“Daehyuunniiee…” Youngjae groaned in the dark.
 
Daehyun stirred awake, and focused on the bunk across the room.
A flash of lightning outside momentarily illuminated the room, revealing Youngjae curled up in a ball, staring at Daehyun. Just as quickly, the room went dark.
 
“Why are you still up?” Daehyun moaned.
Looking at his watch revealed it was 12:45 am. He had been on the verge of falling asleep, and was mildly annoyed at being woken up. He heard the other members moving in their bunks and knew they were in the same boat.
 
“Guys, go to sleep,” Yongguk muttered. “But… Isn’t it colder than usual in here to you guys?” Youngjae questioned. “It was probably just a power failure,” Yongguk replied. “The storm probably knocked out the lights and heating.” “Can one of you go check?” Youngjae whined.
 
A chorus of “no’s” was heard from every member in the room.
 
“Hyung, why don’t you?” Zelo asked
 
A small whine of dissatisfaction was heard from Youngjae.
 
“I’m sure it’ll be back on in the morning,” Himchan said. “Now that Youngjae mentioned the temperature, can I have another blanket from someone?” he asked. 
 
Each of the members instinctively clutched their blanket tighter.
 
Not receiving a reply or a blanket, Himchan changed his tactic. He slid out of his bunk, and snuck over to Zelo’s.
 
Looking down at the young rapper, he gently shook his shoulders. “Junhongie, would you give your hyung a blanket?” he asked.
 
When Zelo didn’t comply, Himchan started shaking harder and lightly slapping his arm.
 
“Himchan, you greasy princess, stop harassing the maknae,” he heard Yongguk scold.
 
Changing his target, he climbed up the ladder and placed his eyes on level with Yongguk’s.
“Yongguk oppa,” he squeaked out, ”since no one wants to give me a blanket, I guess I’ll have to sleep with you.” For annoyance’s sake, he added, “Again.” He received a sharp flick to the head, but as he was punished, he was also rewarded.
Yongguk shoved a blanket in Himchan’s face, and he jumped back onto the floor, pulling the fabric away from his face.
 
Everyone snickered at the ageyo king’s rejection.
 
As he climbed back up to his bed, Himchan threw over his shoulder,“Oh, Yongguk oppa, I understand, it’s cause the kids are in here, isn’t it?” he smirked, laying down and covering himself with the blanket.
 
He felt his head get whacked with the pillow from Yongguk’s bed, along with a faint insult.
 
Daehyun had started getting tired again, grateful for the two that were his hyungs. They seemed to have distracted Youngjae, so he might actually get to fall asleep..
 
“Hyung, you should be grateful for having two blankets. I don’t even have one. The cheesecake eating cocoon over there stole mine,”
 
And I’m dragged back in. Daehyun thought.
 
“Hyungs, let’s try to get some sleep, okay?” the 16 year old across the room muttered.
Everyone mentally agreed and began comfying themselves.
Daehyun snuggled into his cave of blankets, feeling a bit guilty about taking Youngjae’s blankets, but his guilt was overridden by his comfort.
His breathing became shallow, and in a matter of minutes, he returned to the lingering state of consciousness he had been taken from.
 
Across the room, Youngjae curled up tighter, hugging his knees for warmth. Greedy, king of fraud, Busan prince. If he would sleep with a shirt on, he might not need to take my blankets. Youngjae thought. Unbeknownst to anyone in the room, he was glaring daggers at Daehyun right now. He tried to think of solutions to his problem. I could either freeze in my sleep here or.. Oh come on, if it weren’t likely this were a power failure, I would be sure he planned it. Realizing what he had to do, he waited until the sound of snores was heard from all the other members before climbing out of his bed. If I have to look weak, I don’t want the others to laugh.
 
Tiptoeing across the room, he stopped at Daehyun’s bunk. He looked down and realized his friend wasn’t snoring. Since Youngjae was usually the first asleep in the dorm, he wasn’t sure if this meant Daehyun was barely awake or he didn’t snore. After realizing he had been staring down at Daehyun for a few seconds, he daintily placed his hand on the cocoon that was the lead vocal.
 
Daehyun’s eyes lightly fluttered open, but as he opened his mouth to say something it was quickly covered by Youngjae’s hand.
 
“I’m freezing over there, soooo… Would you move over?” Youngjae quickly whispered.
 
Daehyun grinned, realizing his leverage and intending to use it. He nodded his head, and Youngjae withdrew his hand and raised his eyebrows, motioning for Daehyun to move.
 
“If,” Daehyun whispered, and it was obvious Youngjae internally groaned. “If you ask me in an aegyo manner,” Daehyun finished.
 
Youngjae furiously shook his head.
 
“Fine, I’ll just snuggle here in my warm cave of blankets,” Daehyun said, wriggling lightly. “Please Daehyun,” Youngjae pleaded. Daehyun didn’t reply. “Please,” Youngjae stressed. “Have you no heart?” “I do, but it can only be penetrated by aegyo,” Daehyun retorted.
 
Sighing in defeat, Youngjae got down on his knees. He poked his pointer fingers together, and looked up at Daehyun, trying to summon from within the doe eyes Babyz always complimented.
“Please, Daehyun…. oppa. Can Jae sleep with you because I’m cold over there, and I need you.” The ‘oppa’ part was hard to force out, but Youngjae was surprised at how easily the rest flowed. He could tell it had affected Daehyun, and that he had won, as Daehyun was just staring at him, with a faint blush across his cheeks.
Daehyun just stared at Youngjae as he finished his aegyo request.
 
The lights from the other buildings and the raging storm cast a dim light into the room, revealing a pink tint crossing Youngjae’s cheeks. That combined with his deep brown eyes made him look so innocent and cute that Daehyun could barely think.
 
A creak was heard from Zelo’s bunk, and Youngjae’s big eyes became panic filled. “Daehyun,” Youngjae hissed. Daehyun swiftly and quietly scooted over, lifting the top half of his confines up.
Youngjae quickly climbed in, and the creaking stopped, replaced by Zelo’s normal deep breathing.
 
Daehyun closed the blankets, encasing him and Youngjae in comfortable warmth. Youngjae instantly became drowsy and nuzzled his face into Daehyun’s chest, inhaling his musky, comforting scent.
 
Daehyun rested his head on Youngjae’s soft hair, that smelled of an odd but delicious mixture of sweet berries and Christmas firesides.
 
He slid the hand that was around Youngjae’s waist under the back of Youngjae’s shirt, lightly brushing his fingers against the soft skin.
He felt Youngjae’s body slightly quiver at the touch then relax as Daehyun rubbed soothing circles across Youngjae’s spine and shoulder blades.
 
He sensed movement under his chin and pulled back, allowing Youngjae to look up at him. Youngjae leaned in and quickly connected his velvety lips with Daehyun’s plump ones in a gentle kiss.
 
“Goodnight,” he whispered before resting his head against Daehyun’s chest again.
 
He slightly trembled as a loud round of thunder felt as if it shook the windows. To calm the startled boy, Daehyun resumed rubbing his back.
“Saranghaeyo, oppa,” Youngjae softly muttered, his lips ghosting Daehyun’s skin as he spoke.
 
Daehyun used his unoccupied hand to thread his fingers in Youngjae’s hair, softly kissing his forehead.
He loved moments like this, where the loud and bossy Youngjae would melt away and show how soft and sweet he really was.
 
“Saranghae, Youngjae. Saranghae,” Daehyun whispered.
 
Both drifted into unconsciousness within a few seconds and remained intertwined as they slept.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day, Jongup crawled out of bed before any of the others woke up.
 
He smiled at the bed that contained the DaeJae idiots. Quietly he crept out of the room, unaware of the shadow following him.
 
He snuck down the hallway to the thermostat in the living room. He smiled at the number it read. 53 degrees Farenheit/11 degrees Celsius... 
 
He changed the number, spiking it back up to 75 degrees Farenheit/23 degrees Celsius.
 
He heard a soft voice behind him.
 
“Hyung?”
 
He turned around to see a confused Junhong a few feet away, looking between Jongup and the thermostat.
 
“Did you see Daehyun & Youngjae?” Jongup asked his dongseang.
 
“Yes..” Zelo said.
 
Jongup chuckled and nodded as he brushed past Zelo. “It was necessary,” he laughed as he entered the kitchen to begin cooking breakfast.
 
Zelo shook his head and smiled, following Jongup into the kitchen. “I’ll never understand your motives Jonguppie hyung..”  
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And that's my first story on this website. Hope you liked it :) 
 
 
It's just a one-shot I thought up a few days ago, and since I was home sick today, I finally got to put it up. I am writing 1 or 2 other fanfictions that are going to be multichaptered, and I plan on putting one of the forewords up in maybe a week?
 
Off topic, but I live in Florida, and I think this is the first day in nearly a week that it hasn't rained :D I was sure it would rain for 40 days and 40 nights
 
Are any of you going to the Live on Earth Pacific tour? I'm not, but I hope those of you who do have a great time!!!