The Curiosity

Come Back, Don't Go

 

---

 

It was Friday and you and Hana were sitting beside each other in English class. Both of you are bored as hell since you didn’t quite need to study that at all. Yesterday, you didn’t attend classes though. Both of you stayed at JR’s studio and bought him a lot of food just so he won’t report the two of you to your parents about not attending school. You had a hard time begging him actually.

You kind of roamed your eyes around the room. About a good three people were sleeping one of which was Xiumin, and there was one vacant seat at the back. You wonder who sits there. You also see some familiar faces of Suho and Chen listening attentively on the professor and so was Lay, Hana’s friend in her homeroom. You can see two cute guys, almost looking the same, sharing private jokes by the window and you gathered that the other one was the one Hana has a crush on. You saw Chanyeol poking the person sleeping beside him once in a while and two other guys looking blankly by the board, one being the jerk Hana called. You can’t tell whether they were listening, or they were sleeping with their eyes wide open.

“Oh I remembered, have you seen him yet?” You knew who she was referring to.

“No. And I wish I don’t forever.” But you highly doubt that either. You know pretty well that one day, you’ll see each other and only then would you know what to feel.

“Okay.” Now that she talked about it, you wondered if he was supposedly the one sitting on the vacant chair behind. He didn’t need to attend English class anyway. You thought.

It just got to you too. You and Hana are the only girls around for the class. There were 11 boys in the room and one vacant seat. But you don’t really think the one supposed to sit there is a girl. You’re really thinking hard as to why it is like this but you just let it go. It’s not even something important.

 

English class ended but before your professor could leave, you talked to him.

“I’m just curious. Why are we the only girls in this class?” you asked not even showing a hint of respect.

“Because… ask them.” He pointed to all the guys in the room and quickly walked away. What does that mean? You’re not really the slowpoke kind of person but that was really just a weird answer for you. But since you didn’t really care though, you just asked the one you’re familiar with.

You made your way to Suho’s chair and yanked him out of his seat and brought him to the front, where no one else can hear you talk. Some of the guys were actually shocked on what you just did. You let him go as soon as you knew you were far enough.

“Where’s everyone else?” You asked, hoping he’d understand what you meant.

“There isn’t? Well… aside from one guy, it’s just us in this class Jae Min.” And he smiled. It's just weird how he seems to smile on everything.

“Why?”

“I’m not really sure myself too. Before you two came, it used to be just the 12 of us here.” And you just nodded and went back to your seat. You still had music, arts, and PE class with just Hana and the 12 guys after. This crazy feeling of not knowing things . You just sulked on your seat and Hana was too busy eating her chocolate kisses to notice you. She’s always in her own little world when she’s eating.

 

---

 

PE class was a free cut since your professor didn’t even come. You and Hana decided to just find a good place to eat lunch at among different shops in the campus. In the end, you just went in a Korean resto and ordered Bulgogi since both of you were practically health conscious, though it’s not always obvious. You just had the habit to wrap the meat with the lettuce twice. For you, it was healthier that way.

No one else was around in the resto aside from you two. You feel sad for the fact that they cook such good food yet no one seems to appreciate that. You had a soft side, but that don’t always come out anyway. You were halfway through finishing your second orders of Bulgogi when a lot of people started some commotion outside. It’s like there’s some idols out or something. I miss my brother. You thought.

It was peaceful minutes ago, but now all you can hear are screams and you couldn’t even quite picture out the whole scenery outside.

“Waaa! It’s them! It’s the EXO!”

“Kyaaa~ They’re complete! They’re so handsome! My Feels~”

“My Lulu~ So cute~”

“Hurry and take pictures!”

“I can die now..”

It’s crazy how such girls can say that. You and Hana were also fangirls and you’re not really an alien for those feelings but that was way too much. And you even doubt whether there really are idols outside or just... people.

“You want to check them out?” Hana suggested.

“No, I’m pretty sure they’re not as handsome as they seem to be.” You  on the other hand, are just too lazy to stand up.

“Okay. Ahjumma! Another order of Bulgogi please!” She said while raising her hand. She’s being  like that because no one was around. After some seconds, ahjumma walked in with hot meat by her hands. She placed it in front of Hana and went to you.

It took her awhile too, since you and Hana were sitting across each other in the middle of a long table good for 15 people at least. That was also some old habits of yours.

“You want something else dear?”

“Oh no… just water. I’m really full now.” But she worriedly looked at Hana and you forced to hold a laugh.

“Don’t worry about her, She’s a shikshin,” You whispered and she just chuckled.

“Yah! I’m not!”

“Why isn’t there anyone here?” You thought that was just in your head but turns out you blurted it out. Ahjumma just gave you a small smile.

“We’re usually close on Fridays but since you two seemed new here and your friend seemed so hungry we let you in.” Oh.

“But why do you close?”

“Oh… see my boys are the only ones supposed to enter here during Fridays. They need some peaceful time for themselves here--” And the doors swung open giving out… You must be kidding me.

 

“Ahjumma!” said Suho. O___O

“How’s my lover doing?” said Chanyeol and placed an arm around her.

“Yah! She’s mine!” shouted Kai, in a teasing way. You looked at Hana and she was still busy eating. So they’re her boys?

“Neh~ Just sit now and I’ll go get you food okay?” Chanyeol nodded and they all sat on the table with us. You wondered. Do they even see us now?

They were busy talking about random things and you’re just sitting there drinking your water. You still can’t believe Hana is still out of it. Worse is when they seem to not even see you. Waa! She’s so cute when she eats! Thought Luhan who’s by far the only one that noticed company.

After about 5 minutes you’ve had enough.

“Yah! Why are you sitting here?” you asked the one beside you. He just blinked at you and was about to say something when someone else interrupted.

“Ah Baekhyun—We always sit here Jae.” Suho answered who was sitting beside the spaced out Hana and smiled. So Baekhyun’s the sleeping one.

“Can’t you sit somewhere else? We got here first--”

“You’re not even supposed to be here.” Said Xiumin. That .

“Yea. This place is exclusively for us on Fridays.” Added the one with the biggest eyes here. Your brows furrowed.

“Oh that’s D.O” Suho lightly said. Is this gonna be an introduction or what?

“Well excuse us for being hungry.” You snided. Almost all of them got shocked really. You have no idea why.

“Yah! Don’t you know us?” asked Chanyeol.

“Should I?” Definitely these guys make you go sarcastic all the way.

“Yah--”

“Quit bickering. You’re loud.” Shouted Chen. That was unexpected.

“Calm down Chen Chen.” Whispered Lay.

 

Awhile later ahjumma came out with food and they all dived in. Everything was noisy again.

“Waa! Good food!” Hana said as she ate her last wrapped meat smiling so wide with her hands in a curl placed by her cheeks. That was a sight. Thought Kai. Everyone else fell silent. Even you. She almost fell out of her seat when she opened her eyes. She opened and tried to say something but nothing came out.

“Let’s go Hana!” You said and stood up from your chair and so did she. She looked like a lifeless zombie as she walked to you. That must’ve been humiliating. She thought. You turned to your right for the last time out of randomness and just wished you didn’t at all.

You never planned this day to happen so fast. You didn’t prepare yourself to meeting him at least not like this. You wanted to run to him and hug him but you’re scared he might just push you away. You can’t take anyone leaving you anymore. You’re scared that he might make it official that you lost him.

Both of you were just staring at each other and everyone else was just as confused as you are. That was the first time he actually saw you since you came. Hana noticed that and she quickly pulled you away. You didn’t want to break away from his gaze but soon after you did you felt better. You finally walked out of that resto and as soon as you went out, you ran away… leaving Hana shouting behind you.

 

“Does she really don’t know us hyung?” Asked the innocent Sehun.

“I-I don’t know.” Answered Suho. I thought she did and acted like she didn’t. Don’t you really know us Jae Min?

“Jae Min…” mumbled Kris.

 

---

 

That’s it? You thought. I see him and I get frozen and just run away?! That is so unlike me! You held on to your hair for dear sanity. You were talking to yourself pretty bad now. You stopped running and sat on a bench.

“Aish why did I ever have to see you Kris?!”