1

Family Dinner

 

            “Jongin, when are we visiting your parents again?”

            “When Hell will freeze.” Jongin muttered under his breath.

            “What?”

            “I said soon love. Why are you so eager to visit them?”

            “Because I like your mother. And I hoped he will teach me how to cook like he promised the last time I saw him.”

           

Well a cooking Kyungsoo in an apron is sure an interesting sight and Jongin would kill to see it, but a Kyungsoo near his crazy mother forces him to rethink the idea. Maybe another boy would be thrilled to see that his boyfriend gets along so well with his mother-in-law, but Jongin is a special case. He does everything he can to keep his loved one far away from his mother. The further, the better. His mother has the tendency to squeal every time he sees the doe eyed boy. Then he will steal his attention from Jongin and talk about some trivial things. So a meeting is a no-no. Unfortunately for Jongin, Kyungsoo seems to really like his mother.

           

           

 

“Jongin are you by any chance ashamed by me?” the big eyed boy asked with a rather upset expression.

            “What? How can you say something like that? Baby you now that I love you. How can I be ashamed by you?”

            “Then why don’t you want to take me to see your parents?” Kyungsoo whined.           

            “Because I’m afraid that my crazy mother will kidnap you and keep you in one of the bedrooms.”

            “Jongin, that’s not a nice thing to say about your mother. Beside he is so sweet and caring.”

            “Yeah right.” Jongin huffed. But he knew that he will lose the battle when Kyungsoo will start with light aegyo, and if he doesn’t get what he wants the power of the aegyo will increase and Jongin will die because of the cuteness.

            “Okay. How about this? Tomorrow night come to my place to grab dinner together with my parents. Maybe mom will start his cooking lesson.”

            “Really? Waaa. You’re the best. I love you Jongin.”

            “Yes. I love you too. Anything for you.”

 

           

 

“Mom, Kyungsoo is coming for dinner tonight.”

            “Really? Like really, really Jonginnie?”

            “I told you to stop  with the stupid nicknames. I’m not five anymore.”

            “Yunhoooo, Jonginnie is being a meannie to me. Where did my cute little sunshine go?”

            “Here we go again with the drama. Seriously ma, you should quit watching those shows. It’s bad for you.”

            “The only one bad here is you mister. I didn’t raise you to be mean to your mother. But you know what? I don’t care. When Kyungsoo comes I’ll be sure to tell him that you are no good and he shall leave you. And when you two break up I shall adopt him and live happy forever after.” After finishing his speech, Jaejoong just mehrong-ed and turned his back at Jongin.

            “That’s really mature of you ma. And that’s why I don’t bring Kyungsoo over.”

 

            “When is Kyungsoo coming, Jongin?”

            “I said he will come at 5. If you pester me every 2 minutes he won’t come sooner.”

            “But I want to see him.” Jaejoong whined.

            “Love, Jongin said he will come. Why don’t you watch TV or something?”

            “But Yunnieeeeee… I miss him. He’s so cute and fluffy and huggable and… “

            “Yes, yes. Come here. Let me hug you until he comes.”

            “Really Yunnie?”

            “Yes. Come sit.”

 

            Jaejoong made his way to Yunho and sat in his lap. He loved to stay like that. His had on Yunho shoulder, arms around his neck while Yunho’s arms are around him. He felt so loved. The love between them resisted over the years, and if anything it only grew.  Jaejoong was really happy the first time when he met Kyungsoo. He was like Jaejoong in many aspects and he couldn’t ask for anyone better for Jongin. He could see how the doe eyed boy was infatuated with his son and that was everything he asked from Jongin’s partner. He always feared that because of the attitude Jongin wouldn’t be able to find anyone that can understand him and care about him. But then Kyungsoo came in Jongin’s life.

 

            While Jaejoong was lost in his memories, they heard knocks at the door. Knowing who it was, Jaejoong sprinted to the door before his son could even get up from the couch. Yunho could only laugh at the misery that was visible on his son’s face. The sad life of Jongin. From the squeals coming from the door, Yunho could guess that his loved was squeezing out the life of the poor boy with his hug. Jongin became livid and sprinted to save Kyungsoo.

            In front of the door Jaejoong was still hugging Kyungsoo while cooing over him and his beautiful features that amazed Jaejoong. One of the neighbors was in the doorstep watching them to see what all the commotion was about. Jongin could only face-palm and separate his love from his mother (the tint of blue on his face was a little alarming) and drag them both inside.

 

            “Love. Are you alright?” Jongin fussed over his boyfriend, because really, his mother was crazy and could have killed Kyungsoo. He had to be more careful tonight. His mother really was the enemy.

            “Yeah, I’m fine. Don’t worry Jonginnie.” Cue squeals from Jaejoong that wanted to hug Kyungsoo one again because he was “such a cute little thing that deserved lots of hugs”. Of course Jongin didn’t let him, fearing for his lover’s life.

            “Yunnie. Jongin won’t let me hug Kyungie. Tell him to go away.” Jaejoong complained to his husband while pouting. Even if he was a grown up man, nobody could deny that he was adorable. Yunho just wanted to squish the life out of him.

 

            “Jongin come and help me. We need to prepare all the things your mother needs so he can start cooking.” Yunho said in attempt to help Jaejoong.

            “No, I don’t want to. What if something happens to Kyung while I’m in the kitchen?” The boy sure was stubborn (just like his mother).

            “Nothing is going to happen to him. Jae will be with him.”

            “Exactly. I refuse.”

            “Maybe I could help you to get all the things ready.” Kyungsoo said shyly.

            “No way my little squishy one. You are going to help me cook afterwards.” Jaejoong said and winked at the said boy.

            Kyungsoo widened his eyes even more (yes, apparently it was possible) and hugged Jaejoong, thanking him. Even if Jongin was a little against the idea of his mother monopolizing his lover, he couldn’t help but smile at Kyungsoo. His lover was really too cute for his own good. Maybe this wasn’t so bad after all.

 

 

            Yeah right. It wasn’t bad. It was hell itself. His mother was literally all over his love. Holding his hand over the apprentice’s one so he could see the right way of cutting. Why does it even matter in which direction you cut? It doesn’t right? So it was all his mother evil plan to steal his boyfriend, Jongin was sure. And he needed to do something and quick. But what? Even his father was against him because he couldn’t stand to see his beautiful wife sad. So he was alone in his mission of saving his beloved boyfriend. But the evil way in which his mother’s eyes glinted when he had the knife in his hand looked a little threatening for Jongin, and he was sure Jaejoong wouldn’t mind injuring him a little if he separated his lover from him. And no, he wasn’t exaggerating.

            Let’s just say that if his pouting and beating of eyelashes could not work, Jaejoong had other ways of dealing with things. The one who would know the best was the thief that was beaten with a pan. Oh the bruises the man got. Jongin was terrified when he saw what his mother could do when he was pissed off. So his hesitation was understandable. Nobody messed with Jung Jaejoong.

 

            After a lot of emotional pain (in case of Jongin) and a little cut on Kyungsoo’s finger (Jaejoong was close to tears and wouldn’t stop fussing over the boy; it wasn’t even a deep cut or anything, but when Jaejoong’s motherly side activates, nobody can stop him), the dinner was finally ready. It seemed that Kyungsoo was a natural in kitchen and Jaejoong couldn’t be more thrilled because he had made the lovable boy his official apprentice.

            Although a little reluctant at first, Jongin could see how happy the boy was in the kitchen, cooking with his mother (and he really was a great cook), so he approved the cooking lessons, which resulted in a little make out because his love was so happy (and the jaejoong being a little creep, watching them and taking pictures until Yunho swept him off his feet and started their own make out)..

 

            Maybe, just maybe, Jongin could get used to these so called “family dinner”. But only because he loved Kyungsoo so much, and he was willing to do anything for his lover, and that included getting used to his mother antics. Anything to see that beautiful, breathtaking smile on Kyungsoo’s face.