Run Yuri, RUN!

Memories and Promises

 

The aroma of the steak circulated across the house, reviving the tired gals staying at the living room. Her cooking wasn’t the best of the best, but she tried to be more professional since the cooking was only easy and as expected, it turned out perfect. She picked some kimchi in her refrigerator and other side dishes she could find to support the main course. With enough vegetables and fruits, the meal was ready. She was already tired from the cooking but with the savory aroma, it alarmed her senses. She was hungry since then and all she could do just about now was eat.

“Hey Fany, Sica! Food’s ready come now before it gets cold!” her voice echoed across the mansion like house.

“Coming!” they said in unison.

The meal was set on the table with the proper arrangement. It was expected from her though. They were quiet while eating and the awkward silence was intolerable, silverware clanging to each other but not until Yuri popped up. The atmosphere was rather suffocating. She gathered courage to speak with them but choked on her food. She dropped her chopsticks and spoon,eyes teary from all the coughing and trouble with breathing. Tiffany was just staring at her oblivious to what was happening, she continued eating with her food and made a small chuckle in between her chewing.

“What are you doing?” her face was turning red from all the laughter she held.

“Oh Yuri! You’re choking. Here, drink some water.” Jessica gave her water and helped her cease her coughing and gently patted her back. She took her to the kitchen sink just in case she might vomit.

“Thanks Sica, I’d probably throw up if not for YOU.” She emphasized the last word that was intended for Fany to clearly hear what they were talking about, she grinned then after.

“No problem. Glad to help.” She smiled and bowed to her.

“Sica, there’s no need to be formal with me. I mean, we’re the same age or maybe you’re older than me. So it’s okay.” She smiled and moved back to her seat still staring at Tiffany.

“Why didn’t you do anything?!” she was a little upset just from the tone of her voice.

“You’re welcome.” She was joking just to set the mood up.

“Whatever!”

Jessica was back to her seat and continued with her meal. Meanwhile them, they were staring at her as if she was a prisoner to be interrogated. She could feel the tensed atmosphere but was afraid to talk about it. Instead, she coughed purposely to get rid of the awkwardness and they, too, noticed that they were staring at her.

“I’m sorry.” Yuri apologized for her rude manner.

“It’s okay.” She responded back.

“I’ll go now, ermm.. Excuse me.” Jessica left her seat and walked fast towards her room. She was nervous.

They emptied their food and Yuri washed the dishes but before she could, she walked to Jessica’s room just to check if she was hungry or not. She was nervous while walking and was hesitating if she would give it a go or just leave her alone. They’re still strangers after all and barging into her room would just be rude, but since it her house she could do anything she wants but with rudeness involved, she paused. Her thoughts were taking her anywhere and she was making a vision of what might happen. She’s afraid to talk to her again and the awkwardness that just happened was haunting her. *Inhales*

“It’s okay, Yuri. You’re just going to ask her. That’s all.” She thought.

She was now facing her door ready to knock and open but was shy to act. It was her home but it was hard to act normal when her new guest is around. She shook all the negative thoughts and just knocked, she waited but there was no response. She knocked again and was now expecting for an open door, but there was none. She knew that it was rude to barge in but she did. There was no one inside the room and to her surprise it was empty. As if no one moved in. She stepped inside and scanned the room. *Sigh*

“It’s been a long time since I stepped inside here.” She thought to herself.

The walls still retained its royal color and the furniture’s was still brand new. The bed was still perfect in place, the color of the sheets didn’t fade and good thing that the headboard didn’t lose its gloss. Everything seemed so new but it was already there for almost a year and with not enough cleaning, though she asks someone to clean it for her every 2 months and just good enough that she had it cleaned last week. She awed in amazement just seeing all the furnitures in its stable place and was grateful that someone occupied so that she wouldn’t have to ask for someone to clean it. She laughed at her selfish thought.

There was this sound that startled her and it was the knob of the bathroom. She didn’t notice that there was a bathroom in that room, her heart was racing and didn’t know what to do. She just stood like mannequin in a store and waited for Jessica to come out. She knew it was wrong to come inside but she was dragged by her fantasizing thoughts and now, her reputation is in jeopardy. It wasn’t like she meant coming inside the room but a part of her tells her that it really was her fault. After all, it was her idea to go inside.

She was sweating bullets; hands trembling. Jessica was now out from the bathroom and was surprised to see Yuri in her room.

“Ahhhhhh!! Get out of my room and what the hell are you doing here?!” her dolphin screams was enough to break a mirror into pieces.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry.” Yuri quickly apologized and ran out of the room for her dear life.

She screamed and was punching Yuri to go outside as if she was a ert secretly following her. She didn’t give Yuri a chance to explain herself in why she was entering her room. Little did she know that it was Yuri’s house and she has the right to enter, with or without permission. Her cheeks were turning red and embarrassment swallowed her whole. It was the first time in her whole entire life to be embarrassed in such situation and not even a good single explanation could cover her up. She wished she would just shrink at the moment and forget everything about it.

“I should apologize for this.” She was sorry of what she did and quickly thought of a good apology.

She changed to her pajamas and lied down to her bed with random apologies hovering in her train of thoughts.

“Yuri, what did you do?” Tiffany was standing right across her with arms crossed and eyes staring at her.