Unexpectedly

Love Blossom

 

 

          You arrived at Incheon Airport and you felt you were the happiest person in the world. Why wouldn’t I? I’m in Korea!

          You remembered the time when your parents ask you to choose between a party and going to Korea on your 18th birthday. You knew you choose the right one. Why the hell would I choose a party? I don’t have a lot of friends to invite after all.

          It was past 10 PM. And as your Korean friend, Ji-hye, told you that KTX would be better at this late hour.

          You and your parents started to look into the printed directions you researched a week ago. Not sure if you’re taking the right path, you asked some random guy. Good thing you studied basic Korean. I’m a fangirl. Of course I need to learn Korean.

           “Is this the way to KTX?” You asked shyly, unsure if your Korean was correct and if he understands it.

           “Yes… Me too… Follow me…” These were the words you understand. His voice was so soft yet audible enough. Argh. I should have studied more.

          He looked like a typical ‘Asian’ guy. Yes, Asian. I had a feeling that he’s not Korean. Maybe Korean in fashion because he wore a plain gray shirt inside a hoodie, denim pants and a beanie, which a usual Korean would put off, but his aura doesn’t feel like it. And although he looked young, he seemed trustworthy. So you told your parents that you should follow him. They nodded in agreement.

 

 


 

 

          You sat by the bench while waiting for the train to come.

           “Where in Seoul are you going?” He tried to have a conversation in English.

           “Yongsan.” You said the general area where your hotel was. He stared at you in confusion. Why? Is Yongsan too broad? “Galwol-dong, Yongsan-gu” You immediately corrected. He nodded in response.

          It was awkward, the conversation I mean. But you felt comfortable beside him. Why is that? You asked yourself. Your father was about to ask him something, when the train suddenly came. We got on.

          The train was so white and so bright. Your mom sat quickly on one of the lovely looking seats and gestured to you to sit beside her. You knew she was also amazed.

          At the first few minutes, you were looking at the passengers getting in at every stop, still amused with where you are right now.

          I’m bored. You caught yourself staring to the guy who helped you a while ago. He seemed familiar. His pale white skin, beautiful round eyes, rosy lips and perfect side profile. Even though you cannot clearly see his face because of the beanie almost covering his peaceful face, he seemed really familiar.

 

 


 

 

          You awakened after hearing that you were to arrive at the last station.

          You all get out at Seoul Station. He pointed to you the way to where you could transfer to Line 1, where Namyeong Station was, the station nearest to the hotel. I researched of course!

          He bowed to us and went to the other direction.

          A thought suddenly hit you. Unexpectedly, you realized who he was. You were shocked.

          It was Luhan. EXO’s Luhan.