Underrated One

Underrated One

 

Sooyoung exhaled deeply. It was a deep sighed. She was inside of the recording studio when an older man approached her.

“Sooyoung-ssi, are you ok?” It was their manager

Sooyoung looked at him with her cheerful smile and answered, “Ne, Manager-Oppa!”

Their manager left quickly leaving the tall Shikshin on her own. She was sitting at the couch while holding some papers. She had sighed deeply as soon as she scans her parts for their next album. She doesn’t know why but she felt as if she was dissatisfied with it. She stood up from the couch.

Sooyoung smiled, “Choi Sooyoung, fighting! You can do it!”

Ever since the tall Shikshin had joined the now no.1 girl group in the whole world, Girls’ Generation, she couldn’t help but feel sad everytime she scan her parts. She doesn’t only have short lines but few lines too; it was mostly 1 to 2 lines and barely had a line in every non-covered song. She felt as if she has the worst voice and was always at the back. She wondered if what she ever does wrong. She is the most underrated in the group. Even Hyoyeon is better than her. Everyone knows that Hyoyeon is the best dancer among them and that she always takes the front spot next to Yoona, who was at the center spot always. She can’t help but ask herself, does she have the worst voice out of them all? Isn’t she that good in dancing that she always takes the back last spot? Isn’t she beautiful? Is she ugly?

Taeyeon has the best voice unlike her. Taeyeon has an angelic voice that could capture anyone’s heart. She always has the biggest part of them and she can clearly tell why. And not to mention, tons of her fans adored her beautiful kid-like image. Hyoyeon is the best in dancing. She always takes part in dance competitions and was always the highlight of their song. Her talent in dancing is a must in the group. They could never lose her. Her humor is a plus too. Sunny is best in lifting everyone’s mood and make everyone smile. She’s the energy pill of the group. And no one can resist her Aegyo. She is the Aegyo Queen of the group. Yoona is the best in acting and is the visual of the group. Her face can be seen in many stores around the whole world and her acting is an award-winning. Yuri is the iest of them and takes cares of their y image. And her being Kkab is the reason why many people always ask her to attend variety shows. Many people had also confessed their love in public for her and it’s never a wonder why. Seohyun is the maknae and is the best in taking care of them all. Because of her innocent look many people had loved her and her care for the other members made the innocent pure maknae became the ideal girl for many guys. Jessica is the cover girl of the group. Her face is always at the cover of any magazine. She has the model type of face.  And her theatrical voice is outstanding. Tiffany is the most interesting out of them all. She has so many great stories to share and she always saves them whenever trouble comes. She’s responsible for maintaining the good image of the Girls’ Generation. Now, Choi Sooyoung… She doesn’t know what to describe herself. She always says she is the cheerful princess of the group but recently, she felt that she is becoming worthless in the group. She felt as if they don’t need her. She doesn’t know what her place is in the group.

While walking back to the rehearsal room, she heard a voice of an old man. She opened the door slightly so she could hear them talking.

“What?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief

“Come on, Yeonie! We all know how she always brings us trouble!” Jessica said

“Yeah, Sica is right! We can actually go on without her!” Yoona said supporting Jessica

“But unnie has always been a great help to all of us. She’s a good friend! She’s been with us for so many years already!” Seohyun blurted out

“Ne, Seohyun is right!” Sunny said, “We’re all sisters, right? We’re not just any group but we’re sisters to each other! We should always be together!”

“But admit it; you always had the hardest time whenever she’s around!” Yuri exclaimed, “I say we don’t need her!”

“Ne! Let’s kick her~” Hyoyeon was about to say but was cut by Taeyeon

“STOP IT! STOP! STOP! STOP!!!!” Taeyeon yelled

They were all shocked to what the kid leader had done. She couldn’t take it anymore. She had enough listening to them arguing. She was very mad of how her sisters reacted to the situation.

“How can you say something like that???” Taeyeon said with tears flowing in her face, “How can you all say such hurtful words about Sooyoung?! You speak as if she is another person!”

“YA! KIM TAEYEON!” Hyoyeon said standing up from her seat.

“Do you even know what she might felt if she ever heard you? You dare speak like that at her back but never dare to speak in front of her! What kind of people are you anyway? You’re just like any girls around there who never made it on the top because of their attitude. No one respects them! And just like them, you don’t deserve to be respected!”

They all went quiet. They have never seen the kid-leader get mad, not like that! Suddenly, Jessica stood up.

“You want us to tell it to her?” Jessica chuckled, “Fine! AT least we’re going to be honest, unlike you! You always pretend!”

Jessica was about to go but the door went wide opened revealing the tall Shikshin who’s been there all this time. They all went shocked.

Sooyoung laughed at them all, “What kind of expression is that? It’s like you’ve seen a ghost!”

“Sooyoung! Since when did you come?” Sunny asked worriedly

Sooyoung went to them and sat. “Like ever since? I heard you girls are going to say something to me! What is it?”

They all looked nervous. They all don’t know what to say. Since, none of them would like to say something to her; Sooyoung went to their manager-Oppa.

“Sooyoung” Their manager clears his throat

“Arasso!” Sooyoung stood up, “Since none of you really want to tell it to me, I guess I better leave!”

Sooyoung was about to go but she was stopped by Taeyeon. “Soo, wait!”

“Let go of me!” Sooyoung said as she release her arms from Taeyeon’s tight grip

“Soo! The girls~”

“The girls…what? What are they, Yeonie?” Sooyoung said, “Don’t make me look like a fool! I know it! I heard everything! And it’s ok! I understand! I know it too. They had a point, Yeonie! I must leave!”

“No, wait! You don’t understand!”

“Tell me what I don’t understand, Kim Taeyeon!” Sooyoung said with seriousness marked on her face, “Tell me! What is it that I don’t understand?”

Taeyeon couldn’t speak. She doesn’t know what to tell her. She doesn’t know what kind of words or approach to tell her so she won’t get hurt. “See? You can’t tell it because that’s the truth”

Sooyoung then left. She hurriedly runs away, trying to escape the horrible truth. She passed by the Super Juniors boys who were on their way to the rehearsal room. They quickly felt the awkward atmosphere. Donghae, the dancing prince of the group saw Sooyoung crying. Though, Sooyoung was hiding her face, he knew she was crying. He could feel it. They went in and tried to ask the girls but they noticed the faces of the girls. They weren’t in the mood to speak up.

Tiffany chuckled, “I thought you’re going to tell her, Sica. What happened to your honest side? Why didn’t you tell her? You had the chance!”

Jessica was speechless. She can’t find words to explain what she has done. “You couldn’t hurt her! You’re even worse!”

“Stop it already. Nothing’s gonna change! I’ll go and find Sooyoung” Their manager said as he left them all hanged.

The Super Junior boys were just at the corner, not trying to mingle with the girls’ business. Taeyeon was at the opposite corner, sitting beside the mirror while putting her head down on her folded knees. They all of a sudden heard sobs from Taeyeon. She burst into tears.

Siwon went to her and comfort her. He may not know what happened but he can feel it’s something serious, serious to make Taeyeon cry.

“I know how much Sooyoung loves the group. I, myself, don’t even have any idea how much effort and sacrifices she had made for this group!” Taeyeon said as she cries

Siwon pull her closer to him and hugged her. “Yeonie! Whatever you girls are facing, I know, you all will overcome this! You can’t tear up and give up, not like this. You girls were the best girl group, have the best teamwork and have the best relationship out of all!”

“I hope so! Because if we lost her, I don’t know what’s going to happen with this group!” Taeyeon said as she wipes her tears away.

Meanwhile, Sooyoung was running and running until she got exhausted and stop as her feet hurt. She was crying so hard. She couldn’t let them see her weakness, her tears. She always feel like she’s worthless but she never thought she would hear it from the girls. She tries her best but her best wasn’t enough. It hurts her to hear it from the people she see as her family. It felt like all this time, she was the only one treating them like a family. They never really care about her and they never see her like a sister.

As she finally calmed down, she look around her and realized, she has gone too far. She doesn’t even know where she is. She tried to reach for her phone at her pocket but she remembered that she left it at the recording studio while she was practicing. She tried to search for help but there was none. There was no one around her. It was almost a ghost-town. She just decided to walk the one way path hoping it could lead her back to the company.

After hours of walking, she felt her feet hurt even more. She stopped by at a big tree to rest before walking again.

“Did I run that far?” Sooyoung thought, “Impossible! I’m not good in running far! Did I miss any road along my way here? But I never see one!”

She tries to remember all the possibilities but there was none. She’s been walking for hours but she couldn’t see the main road. It was already dark and only the street lights and the large moon were her source of light. She started to feel a little bit uneasy. She tried to remember the places she passed by but failed to do so. She was running non-stop without looking at her way so it was really impossible for her to remember it. She looked at the road and noticed that after the next street light, the whole road will be dark. It worries her. She doesn’t know what’s there and she’s afraid that she might meet something or someone along her way. She tried to look around her again and this time, she searches for a house nearby to ask for help. Unfortunately, there was none. Her heart beats faster.

Suddenly, she heard a small sound. It quickly gave her Goosebumps and so she decided to go back to the road and run. As she was running, she doesn’t look anywhere but closed her eyes. After a minute, she tried to look back hoping she reached far but then, she got bump into something or… someone.

“Ouch!” she exclaimed

She fell on her knees. She doesn’t know what she bumps into or who she bumps into but she was sure it was something hard. She then felt something cold blew to her warm soft skin and heard footsteps coming to her. She looked up around her and saw 3 men surrounding her. She felt her heart beats fast and faster. She then saw a man standing in front of her sitting down and look at her.

“It’s already late at night. I wonder what a girl like you doing here at the road at this time!” The man said and smirked at her, “But I don’t care! Thanks to you, I suddenly feel in the mood!”

The cold breath of the man in front of her touched her and got into her nerves. She was scared. She doesn’t know who they are but she can completely tell, they are not good guys. The guy offered her a hand to help her stand up but she didn’t take it and just ignore it. She stands up on her own.

“It looks like this time, it’s a tough one!” The other man said laughing

From what she heard, she knew that those guys were used to in whatever they are doing. As they were approaching her, she was stepping back. She tried to run away but they were able to catch her. As soon as they touched her arm, she shouted her whole heart out hoping someone could hear her and help her though she knew there was no one around. She was trying to release her arms from their tight grip. But they were too strong for her. The one guy was holding her right arm while the other was holding her left arm.

“It’s gonna be long sweet night!” The guy said as he approached her.

She doesn’t know what to do. She is scared and she felt exhausted from running and walking back. She couldn’t even release her arms anymore. She felt giving up but she doesn’t want to let them do what they want to do to her. She then felt something grabbed her waist and the other hand on her neck. He was kissing her neck. She tried to fight him and stopped him from what he was doing but she couldn’t.

A tear had escaped her eye. She was shouting and shouting, screaming for help. She just closes her eyes, praying in her mind that someone would come to save her. She still doesn’t give up. Suddenly, she heard someone. They all stopped from what they are doing and look to the person who shouted.

“How dare you touch her?!?” The guy said angrily, “You’re going to pay for this!”

They then released her as the guy who screamed approached them. She knew him. She can’t be wrong. She went aside and watches them fight. Too bad, because he was too strong for them all. He was able to beat them all. They then go and left them. She watched him as he went to her.

“Soo! Are you ok?” The guy said worriedly trying to search for any wounds at her body.

“Oppa!” Sooyoung said crying. She was thankful that he come and save her

He then pulled her to him and hugged her tight, “Thank you that nothing else bad happened to you! I was worried to death!”

“Mianhae, Hae-oppa!” Sooyoung said

It was Donghae of Super Junior. He then took her and goes home. He was driving the car when he felt something touched his hand.

“Oppa!”

“Waeyo, Soo?”

“I don’t want to go there!”

“There?” Donghae asked. He then realized she was talking about the girls’ dorm. “Soo!”

“Oppa! I don’t want to go there! I can’t! I can’t go back there and face them”

“Soo, you are a brave girl! I know you can face it”

“Aniyo, Oppa! I can’t!”

Donghae sighed and finally come up with something. “Arasso! We won’t go there. Do you want me to send you to your home then?”

Sooyoung shook her head, “Just somewhere, Oppa! I don’t want them to worry about me”

Donghae didn’t know what to do. He then decided to go to the dance studio. Even though, he knew that it was the place where they had fight earlier, he couldn’t deny the fact that it was the most memorable place for them all, especially for the both of them. It was full of memories there. As they arrived there, Sooyoung went in and sat at the floor and lean at the wall. Donghae followed her and did the same.

Sooyoung then remembers what happened earlier. She got hurt everytime she remembers it. A tear had escaped her eye once again. It was wipe away by Donghae.

“Even though, it hurts you to remember what happened earlier, I hope you can remember all of the good memories here”

Sooyoung laid her head at Donghae’s shoulder. “Oppa, Jeongmal Kamsahmnida!”

She then holds his hand and put their fingers in between and smiled. She then fell asleep as tiredness took all over her body.

It might not be obvious yet but Donghae has fallen in love with the tall Shikshin of the famous girl group. It’s been so long time already. He had loved her ever since he saw her. There was something about her that captures the innocent young man’s heart. He was always innocent when it comes to love and had done ridiculous things out of love. But the tall Shikshin had changed the way he is when he met her. She taught her how to love again when he had decided to give up on love after he has been fooled several times in love. She was the reason why he became a better man. And there’s no way he would let her go especially now that he knows how much she need him at this time.

It was finally morning. Donghae woke up on the same position, still their hands entwirled between each other. He saw how sleepy the tall Shikshin is. She was so tired and it was written all over her face. But somehow, he can’t help but smiled seeing how peaceful her face is. And that was because she was with him. Whenever Donghae is with her, she can’t help but feel secured and safe and happy with him. She feels like, she has everything she needs.

The door to the dance studio then opened. It was their group’s members who came to the dance studio. They’ve been worried to where they were now. After Sooyoung had run away, Donghae followed her with no one noticing. They then found them at the dance studio.

“Sooyoung!” Taeyeon said almost shouting. She was so worried about her.

“Shhtt!” Donghae hush but it was too late because Sooyoung awake.

Sooyoung shook her head and rub her eyes. She then saw Donghae beside her. She remembered how she fell asleep last night.

Donghae smiled at her, “Morning, princess!”

“Oppa?” Sooyoung said. She then saw her group mates and the Super Junior boys at the dance studio. She quickly stood up and followed by Donghae. She looks at him, trying to know what she must do. There was no escape. She couldn’t leave like what she did yesterday. She couldn’t face it too. She wasn’t prepared yet. Taeyeon finally went to her.

“Soo!” Taeyeon said. Worries can be heard in her voice, “You didn’t come home last night. Were you ok?”

Sooyoung just look at her weirdly. She doesn’t know why but she can’t help it. She shook her head and speaks, “Do you really have to ask that? What makes you think I’ll go back there?”

They were all shocked to what she said. She hadn’t forgotten any single thing that happened last night. It was a nightmare for Sooyoung. There’s no way she would had forgotten about it. Hyoyeon went to her.

“Ya! Choi Sooyoung!” Hyoyeon said in disbelief, “How could you say something like that?”

“Do you really think I would come back there after everything and act as if nothing ever happened?” Sooyoung asked ignoring Hyoyeon, “I’m not like you! I could never hide of what I really feel!”

“YA!” Jessica exploded and went to Sooyoung but was stopped by the boys. She wants to beat the hell out of her.

“Soo-unnie! Taeyeon-unnie only cares for you! She was only worried about you!” Seohyun said trying to explain to Sooyoung.

“I’m not stupid! Of course I know what she meant.” Sooyoung said. She was angry with them, “Which lead me to wonder, why you would be? I’m no longer part of the group. I’m not your responsibility! Have you forgotten? I’m out!”

Suddenly, a hand flew at Sooyoung’s face. She was slapped by Yuri at her face so hard. They knew it all coming but none of them dared to stop the back pearl. They all stood silent and frozen. They could only wait to what’s going to happen next.

Sooyoung looked back at Yuri, “Happy now? That’s what you want to hear right?”

Tiffany took back Yuri and went in front of Sooyoung facing all the girls and the other boys. “Stop it! You’re all hurting yourselves!”

“Why can’t you say something? Shocked because what I said is true? I know you all wished it like that and that I’ll soon vanish.” Sooyoung said, “Don’t worry! I will be!”

Donghae looked at Sooyoung, “Soo! What are you saying?”

They all looked at the tall Shikshin, curious of what she’s saying.

“I’ll leave the group” Sooyoung said in a more serious tone

Donghae couldn’t even move a muscle. He was clenching his fist to anger. He doesn’t want to hear it from the Shikshin’s mouth. He was angry, not at her but to himself. He felt shouting, releasing his anger but he knew it’ll only make things worse.

“Sooyoung” Donghae uttered. He was wearing a serious face.

Sooyoung burst into tears. She was silently crying as river of tears flow down to her beautiful face non-stop. She was just looking down, facing the floor, and not letting any of them see her miserable crying face, not even to Donghae.

“Mianhae!” was the only word that escaped Sooyoung’s mouth.

She then felt something heavy and she had trouble breathing. She fell unconscious.

The next thing she knew, she woke up at the recording studio. She was on the large sofa surrounded by her members and some of the super junior members, even Donghae is there. She touched her face and noticed water on her face. She shook her head and looks at them.

“Donghae-Oppa saw you lying on the floor!” Taeyeon said, “You were crying?!”

Sooyoung couldn’t understand. She finally remembers everything. She remembers when she was heading back to the dance studio when she heard her group mates talking about her. She couldn’t take it and she runs away. She went back to the recording studio and hide behind the door. There, she cried and cried harder. And that’s when she fell asleep.

“Sooyoung, are you ok?” Sunny asked. It was written to her face that she was worried

She just ignored Sunny and stood up. She was poker-faced. Obviously, her members were worried and so are the Super Junior members. She walked out of the room slowly without saying any word. They all tried to stop her but they couldn’t. But Donghae was brave enough and he called out her name loudly.

“Sooyoung!” Donghae said

Sooyoung was awakened by Donghae and was startled. She stopped from where she’s standing and Donghae went to her. He wanted to know what was happening to her.

“Sooyoung!”

Sooyoung look at Donghae. She could tell how worried he was. She then hugged him tight, tighter than usual. She wanted to tell him what she really feels. She wanted to be honest but she doesn’t want to make him worried.

Sooyoung smiled and said, “Oppa, kwaenchanayo! Don’t worry!”

She then broke the hug and look at him. She needs to assure him that she was ok and so she let out her brightest and liveliest smile ever. The door opened revealing their manager standing on the door.

“Sooyoung, are you ok now?” Their manager asked

“Ne, manager-oppa!” Sooyoung answered lively

“Are you sure? Do you think you can catch up with today’s schedule?”

“Ne!” Sooyoung said. She then put her hands to Donghae’s arm assuring her and smiled at her once again.

Before she could go and leave the room, Donghae grabbed her arm and pulled her to him. Donghae still feel uneasy but he believes in her.

He then bravely hugged her in front of them and said, “I love you, Choi Sooyoung”

This shocked the tall Shikshin and the rest of the Girls’ Generation and Super Junior. They all didn’t expect he would say that, not in front of the girls’ manager. It took him a long time before he could say that in front of everyone.

Sooyoung smiled hearing the sweet loving word from Donghae’s mouth. She knew that as long as she has Donghae, there’s nothing she should be afraid of or feel worried about. She suddenly thought to herself, “I don’t need to know my certain position in the group. I am happy and contented with what I have and where I am. I don’t care if I am the most underrated or the one who lacks the talent the most. I may be always spotted at the back and always given few lines, but I don’t care. As long as I have Donghae-Oppa, I know, I am greater them all, because he made feel so I know I am.”

The worried and lifeless Shikshin was now more lively and cheerful. She smiled widely and hugged him even more.

She didn’t bother to respond back and said, “I love you more, Oppa!”

She then looks at him for the last time and go with her manager who couldn’t help but chuckled from what he just witnessed. Donghae was left shocked. He was shocked to what he did. He didn’t plan for it but moreover, he was very much happy that he was able to say it in front of all of them.

Kangin went to him and teased, “Ya! You’re the man, dude!”

“I never thought you would do that!” Leeteuk said happily

“Ya! Since when did you have relationship with Soo?” Eunhyuk asked angrily

“Stop it, Hyuk! He’s not yours now!” Kyuhyun barge in breaking Eunhyuk’s heart

“I’m so proud of you, Hae!” Siwon said, “You picked the right girl!”

“Oppa, I didn’t know there was something between you and unnie!” Seohyun said

“You’ve been secretive now, Lee Donghae!” Jessica said

“Ne! How could you, not telling it to all of us?” Yoona said approaching the fish

“Come on, girls! Just be happy for him!” Taeyeon said happily

“Hyung, does that mean I won’t have to cook for you?” Ryeowook asked

“Ya! Fish! You better tell us everything in full details!” Yuri said

“Ne! We must be assured that our precious Shikshin is in the right hands!” Hyoyeon said

“Hae! How did you capture Soo’s heart?” Sungmin asked curiously

“Come on Hae-Oppa! Say something!” Sunny pursued

“Guys! Stop it!” Donghae said chuckling, “Here’s all you need to know: I love Sooyoung and there’s nothing that could make us separate from each other!”

They all looked at each other and admired the braveness of the innocent Fish.

“The Innocent Fish is now all grown-up!” Heechul shouted and they all attacked Donghae.

“But…something’s really going on with Soo…” Donghae said, “It bugles my mind!”

“Don’t worry Oppa!” Taeyeon said, “Soo will tell it to you sooner or later. Maybe, she wasn’t prepared yet so she didn’t tell it to you now but she soon will.”

“Ne! Choi Sooyoung always follows the girls’ rule: No Secrets!” Tiffany said patting the fish

“SO…. You girls know?”

“Um…not really!” Jessica said happily, “but now you all got to helps us!”

“Help on what?” The boys asked

“Sooyoung-unnie’s hidden camera!” Seohyun said happily

They were planning for Sooyoung’s hidden camera and they’ve been practicing real hard and had put a lot of effort for her birthday celebration. They wanted to surprise her by not remembering her birthday and even talk about the girl’s position in the group. Though, it was a bit harsh, but the plan will for sure work. Sooyoung is the hardest to trick. She never falls easily on their hidden camera and now the girls even asked for the boys’ help. There’s no way it’ll fail but what they all didn’t know is someone heard their evil plan.

Sooyoung went back to the recording studio as she remembered her phone. She was about to open the door but then she heard the maknae speak.

“Sooyoung-unnie’s hidden camera!” Seohyun said loudly making the girl who was standing at the door hear it

Sooyoung decided not to open the door and just smiled. She finally felt at ease. Now she knew that what she heard at the dance studio was not true. She really thought that the girls’ wanted her out but then it was all just a pretend. She felt happy and more energetic because of that.

She then let go of the door knob and silently leave them. Though, she knew about the plan, she doesn’t want to upset them so she decided to act as if she didn’t know anything and just wait for what they’ll do.

-The END-