I'll understand

When Your Boyfriend Got Married

 

Well…yeah…I know that I should have been angry and feeling bad for Taemin getting married and not telling me about it. But…yeah…I just felt happy seeing him and I just forgot those negative feelings. :P

 

I was looking at him with a huge smile. Him, err…looking at me with big eyes and an open mouth. Tss.

 

“Hey!” I waved my hand in front of him as I walk closer to him.

 

Hello? Taemin? Are you there?

 

He snaps out of his trance, finally noticing my presence. I still have this big smile on my face.

 

“Anna…you’re here…why?” He said. I want to laugh at his expression and how he said those words to me awkwardly. But, I just felt sad. Really? Taemin? I didn’t forget to tell you I’ll be an exchange student, did I?

 

I pretended that I was fine. I chuckled.

 

“Taemin! Do you ever read my texts and emails?” I playfully hit his arm that seems bigger than what I remember O.o

 

“I told you a lot of times already. I was accepted as an exchange student here!” I said cheerfully.

 

I quickly looked away and went to get my luggage. I pretended that I was fixing something on my bag just as to compose myself. I can’t figure out how I’m feeling now.

 

“Onew Oppa said that I can stay here for a while before I set in the university dorm.” I said as I continue to fix something on my bag.

 

“So, where should I put my things?” Finally standing up and facing them again with a smile.

 

I was shocked at their expressions. Taemin still has that big eyes staring at me. Key’s looking at me with concerned eyes. Onew’s looking at Taemin then me, then Taemin again. Minho’s, I can’t actually figure it out, he just looks tired. But, yeah, maybe they’re also confused as to what’s happening.

 

I let out a chuckle. “Uhmm..guys? Where should I put these?” I said, pointing at my luggage.

 

After some awkward silence…

 

“Ah yeah yeah…Here, I’ll help you.” Onew went quickly to me and grabbed my biggest bag. I followed him while I carry some small bags.

 

We passed by Key, Minho, and Taemin as Onew led me to the guest’s room.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“You pabo! You even forgot she’s arriving today?”

 

“Yah! Yah! Taemin! Don’t forget Na Eun’s just a fake wife. You already have a girlfriend. Act accordingly.”

 

Did I tell you that I can now understand Korean? Well….now I’m telling you. We studied a bit of Korean language before my transfer has been finalized. So, yeah… I understood what they were casually talking about a while ago.

 

I sat on the bed playfully. I sighed with a smile. This will get better…My stay here will be good… I convinced myself.

 

“Hey… You okay?” Onew asked worriedly as he sits beside me.

 

“Yeh! Of course!” I said cheerfully.

 

Onew looked at me with a ‘don’t try to lie to me, I know you’ face

 

Maybe Onew sense the sad feeling I’m trying to hide.

 

I just sighed and smiled.

 

“I’ll be fine…”

 

Onew gave me a comforting hug.

 

“When you still feel uncomfortable and you need someone to talk to, Oppa’s always here. I’ll always listen to your worries.” He said while he hugs me tighter.

 

I closed my eyes and smiled as I hug him back.

 

“Thank you so much.” I said. I don’t know what else to say. It’s great to have a friend like Onew. The boys are lucky to have him as their leader. :)

 

As we separate from our hug, we heard a knock. Of course it’s Taemin. I immediately smiled.

 

“Hyung, I should talk to her, right?” He asked, still unsure.

 

I pretended I didn’t understand what they said and just looked at them blankly.

 

Onew walked to Taemin, who’s still standing by the door.

 

“Of course you should. You know what to say. Just explain to her, I know she’ll understand.” Onew said as he pats Taemin’s shoulder.

 

Taemin smiled weakly and nodded. Onew looked at me and waved goodbye before he left the room.

 

I waved and smiled to him as Taemin sat beside me.

 

I still have mixed feelings seeing Taemin and having him this close. But I think my happiness weighs more as a smile naturally formed as I look at him.

 

“So…uhmm..” Taemin started hesitantly as he looked down to his feet.

 

“Hmm?” I said, facing him.

 

He looked at me and our eyes met. He have this guilty eyes, like saying ‘I’m sorry…I know my fault’

 

I just waited for him to talk. I’ll understand his situation. I’ll accept his explanations. I’ll support him whatever he does. I said to myself as I wait.

 

“First, I’m sorry for not picking you up in the airport.” Psh I smiled a bit.

 

“Nope. You should be sorry because you forgot I was arriving today.” I said with a straight face. Pretending I was angry, I looked away.

 

I can still see Taemin though. He looks guiltier now. :P

 

“Yeh…I’m sorry for that too. And a lot more things… Sorry for not telling you about WGM, for not calling, texting, or emailing you the past month, for—“

 

“So, how was Jeju? I always wanted to go there. I see that place in a lot of Korean dramas and it looks so pretty.” I said excitedly.

 

Taemin has this confused expression, I just smiled.

 

“Well…uhm…it’s prettier in person than in TV. The weather’s nice, but the waves of the sea are big, and it’s really windy there.” He said, now more comfortable.

 

“So what did you guys do?” He looked at me with shocked expression. Haha. I’ve been seeing a lot of Taemin’s shocked expression today. I can’t help but chuckle.

 

He was about to say something when I talked. “You know, you have a lot of shocked expression. Haha! I think I already saw 5 of it today! Haha!”

 

He also laughed a bit.

 

“It’s because of you! Tss.” He said as he shook his head and looked down.

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

“Because you’re reacting differently from what I’ve thought...” He said softly, scratching the back of his head.

 

“Why? What have you expected?” I simply said, looking down as well.

 

Tss. I shouldn’t have asked this. I would just be bringing more heartache to myself…because I think, what he’ll say…is really what I’m feeling now…and how I want to react.

 

“Nothing…just the typical reactions of girlfriends who caught their boyfriends cheating. Like those in dramas…” He said, chuckling a bit, still not looking at me.

 

“Are you cheating on me?” I felt that Taemin looked at me, so I also faced him. He had this unexplainable expression, a mixture of shock, guilt, confusion, and sadness.

 

There was silence for a while…

 

“Do you like her?”

 

He still didn’t answer…deep inside, I actually don’t want to hear his answer…

 

I looked away, I can’t stand seeing his confused expression, I think the answer I don’t want to hear will be his answer.

 

I breathed deeply…

 

“If it’s just part of your job, I’ll understand. I’ll treat it like you were just acting…and of course I’ll support you, and I’ll watch every episode of your show.” I said happily with a slight smile, still looking away.

 

I quickly stood up and slowly walked away. With my back facing him, I said “Excuse me. I just need to go to the restroom…”

 

I don’t know how I’m feeling now…I actually don’t think if my actions are still right…I just don’t know.

 

I just breathed heavily and calmed myself inside the restroom, and when I feel calmer than before, I went out to the living room to bond with them. I noticed that Taemin’s not there. I sat on the couch beside Key.

 

They were watching a Korean variety show and they were laughing really hard. Because I’m pretending that I still can’t understand the language, I always laugh lightly. But soon, I just can’t control it and laughed really hard.

 

We laughed really hard that I didn’t notice that Taemin’s now seating beside me. I just did when I accidentally hit him while I laughed. I looked at him and said sorry. He has this soft expression, and I just can’t quickly look away from him.

 

We were looking at each other with a soft smile.

 

Suddenly... he hugged me tight. I was shocked and confused at his actions, but I liked it. :>

 

I hugged him in return.

 

“Just trust me, okay?” He said softly as he hugs me. It’s so soft and I think I was just the one who can hear it.

 

I was not able to say something…

 

“I won’t…and I can’t ever…cheat on you…” I don’t know what to say…just…I feel happy :)

 

“I love you…more that you know” He said softly in my ears as he hugs me tighter. I just smiled. :)

 

The inner fangirl in me is screaming wildly, and I just can't control it...I was happy :D

 

 I don’t know if it was just me, or it was really quiet, like the guys stopped laughing and the TV was put on mute. The only thing I can hear is our breathing.

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Stop being so lovey dovey here!” Key said loudly. Taemin and I were both shocked that we literally pushed each other away. Taemin was even about to fall out of the couch! Sorry Taemin! :<

 

We cleared our throat and sat calmly and quietly again, with a slight space between us.

 

Thank you for ruining the moment, Key! THANK.YOU.REALLY >:|


Update!! hehe :)

Thank you for reading! Keep posting your thoughts on this! :)