Zombie Talk

Flashing Lights


Title: Zombie Talk
Pairing: MinjiXJay Park
Rating: PG-13 (language)



“If there was a zombie outbreak, how long do you think you’d last?” Minji asked seriously as she swerved her chair around to face the figure that had entered the room.

“I don’t see you in 3 months and that’s the first question you ask?” Jay Park asked in surprise as he eyed his girlfriend suspiciously.

“Just answer the question,” Minji pressed.

“It depends on where I’m living. If it’s here, probably 2 weeks. If it’s in the states, probably a year.”

“Why so much longer in the states?” Minji complained.

“Because the CDC will probably figure out a cure quickly. And also because anything is possible in Seattle…..including surviving a zombie apocalypse.”

“You’re obsessed with Seattle,” Minji sighed.

“Only because I was born and raised there.”

“I think I would rather overdose on pain pills.”

“Than live in Seattle?” Jay frowned, “That’s a little harsh.”

“Than become zombie-meat,” Minji said with exasperation.

“You wouldn’t try and fight?”

“Hell no,” Minji frowned, “I’d go down instantly. Especially if they were Dawn of the Dead zombies.”

“What if they were the Walking Dead zombies?”

“Then maybe,” Minji relented, “But if they’re the Zombieland zombies then count me out.”

“I’m sad for you,” Jay said seriously, “I thought you’d kick and take names.”

“In any other situation, sure,” Minji agreed, “But not with zombies.”

“What brought all this on anyway?”

“I was watching the Walking Dead online so I could learn some English.”

“So you chose the Walking Dead as your reference point? Not the best idea.”

“Why not? I learned words like ‘walkers’—“

“Which is not used in real English conversations with the same meaning—“

“And words like Fu—mppprrhhh….”

Jay closed a hand over Minji’s mouth to cut her off, “Babe, that’s not the most appropriate word to learn.”

“Why not? You can use it in so many ways.”

“It’s not lady-like.”

“From what I understand, it’s a commonly used word.”

“No, no, no, Min, not that common. It’s inappropriate.”

You’re inappropriate.”

“That may be true, but it has nothing to do with this conversation.”

“If you turn into a zombie I will definitely not hesitate to shoot you.”

“Wow. Who knew you were so heartless?”

“Zombies don’t have hearts.”

“Correction…..they do, they just don’t beat and are probably decayed.”

“Since when are you the zombie expert?”

“Didn’t you know? I’m Seattle’s resident zombie-expert.”

“More like Seattle’s village idiot.”

“Wow….so mean today.”

“I had nightmares about zombies last night and couldn’t sleep and you weren’t there to protect me.”

“Maybe you shouldn’t watch a zombie show if you’re so scared of them.”

“I’m not scared of them! I just don’t want to turn into one of them.”

“Because you’re scared of them,” Jay said pointedly.

“Because…..” Minji paused with a huff, “They smell bad, look bad, and nom on humans.”

“Nom?”

“Yes, nom.”

“Like the cookie monster?”

“If zombies were covered in blue fur then sure.”

“Hmm,” Jay said with an amused smile as he lifted Minji into his lap on the couch and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, “I don’t think they’ve tried a zombie flick where zombies were covered in blue fur yet.”

“There’s a first time for everything.”

“I guess so.”

“How was Seattle?”

“So now you ask?” Jay laughed as Minji playfully swatted at his arms, “It was great. I missed you though.”

“Sure you did.”

“Hey!” Jay shouted as he tickled Minji, causing her to laugh, “I did miss you. You should come with me next time.”

“Maybe,” Minji mused, “I mean…..I want to, but I don’t really have control over my schedule.”

“You should become a solo-artist. Then you can make your own schedule.”

“Wouldn’t YG love that?” Minji mused.

At that, Jay laughed, “Wanna go and grab some lunch?”

“Sure,” Minji agreed, “Let’s go to that Mexican place you keep raving about on Twitter.”

“It’s really good,” Jay agreed as he leaned down and gave Minji a kiss, “You’ll love it.”

“I better, especially because all that zombie talk has made me nauseous,” Minji said with a groan as she stood up to find her jacket and accidentally stubbed her toe on the leg of the coffee table.

“!!!”

“Minji!”