Blow Me Away

Blow Me Away

Sehun was angry. No, angry was an understatement. He was furious, so furious he hadn't noticed he was creating wind with every step he made as he paced in front of his door. Today was April 12th, Sehun's birthday and yet Chanyeol forgot, from the moment they woke up to the moment Chanyeol left for work without so much of a Happy Birthday. Sehun waited for texts and calls or even an e-mail but there was nothing and by now Sehun was hoping Chanyeol would enter the door with balloons and a giant teddy bear.

"Sehun I'm home."Chanyeol said upon simultainiously walking in the house just to notice Sehun was already in front of the door, looking at Chanyeol with some sort of look on his face as he eyed Chanyeol up and down. Sehun stared at Chanyeol, almost dumbfounded that Chanyeol came in just as he had left; with nothing but his messenger bag and coat, no sign of a present anywhere and now Sehun was hoping Chanyeol would take out a necklace or ring or candy bracelet, just something. There was no way Chanyeol actually forgot his birthday. "Hey Sehunnie, were you waiting for me all this time?" He smiled as he made his way over to the younger about to pull the other in a hug just to get pushed back by a strong gust of wind, Chanyeol eyes widened and he stared at Sehun as if he was crazy for using his powers against him.

"No!" Sehun shouted and stomped his foot making a breath of wind blow from underneath it, "Chanyeol, what day is today?" Was that a trick question? Of course Chanyeol knew the date, he had been doing paperwork all day, making schedules and setting dates for future events and appointments.

"April 12th."

"And what day is April 12th?" Sehun spoke through grit teeth, unaware of the wind storm that was brewing up behind him, blowing any and everything in its way. Chanyeol raised an eye brow at the question, was this a trick? A test? Why did Sehun seem so mad over the date, their anniversary was July 10th, Sehun's mothers birthday was February 19th and Sehun's birthday was April 12 so there wasn't any important date that he was missing.

"Oh..." And the realization had hit Chanyeol like a truck going 7o mph on the freeway. That's probably why Sehun didn't wake up first like he normally did and it's probably why when he left for work Sehun didn't kiss him as he said goodbye. "I'm sorry.." Chanyeol muttered and a strong force pushed him back against the door with a loud thud.

"You forgot my birthday!?" Sehun shouted more in anger than he did in shock. After everything he'd done for Chanyeol on his birthday alone, Chanyeol didn't even have the audacity to remember Sehun's. "How could you?!" Sehun grit his teeth and hit Chanyeol in the face with more wind, the others hair flying every where as he let himself get hit with the powerful invisible force,  coming from none other than his angry boyfriend. Chanyeol deserved this, he didn't even remember Sehun's birthday. "You big jerk! After everything I do for you, everyone else remembered! Even Jongin came over to give me a present!" Sehun's wind had abruptly stopped as the words left his mouth. Jongin was his ex-boyfriend and Chanyeol did not know that they kept in contact just as friends.

"What?" Chanyeol hissed as his eyes narrowed at his boyfriend and a small flame passed through his lips. "You let Jongin come over?" Chanyeol pushed himself off the door and moved towards Sehun. Sehun noticed the quick change of events and he realized that Chanyeol had no right to be mad at him it was he who forgot Sehun's birthday not the other way around.

"Don't turn this on me! You forgot my birthday and all I said was that even my ex boyfriend remembered, while you, who is my boyfriend forgot!"

"Well excuse me for having work to do so I can put food on the table-"

"Oh, here we go again with that excuse, you don't make any more money than I do working part time at the grocery store."

"I actually do make a lot of money but you wouldn't know because you're too busy spending it all on you don't need!"

"Is it a crime to want my boyfriend to buy me stuff sometimes?"

"Yeah if sometimes means all the goddamn time!"

"Well-" Sehun was cut off by an excessive beeping noise that had honestly been faint in the background but had suddenly became more prominent as they continued to argue. Stopping himself from saying anything more to Chanyeol, he had finally looked around at his surroundings and noticed that the floor under Chanyeol's feet had been on starting to flame and that annoying beeping sound was one of the many fire alarms they had around the house.

"Chanyeol calm down, you're gonna set the house on fire." Sehun's voice was still laced with a tinge of annoyance as he spoke. It had almost happened once before.

" this house!" Chanyeol dropped his things which Sehun didn't even realize he was still holding and spread his arms out as flames rose and danced behind him, the fire spreading out to everything behind him, the door, the floor and even their little side table by the door where Chanyeol put his keys when he came home, singeing every item in its path, burning them and turning them crisp and black. Sehun looked up and Chanyeol had a deranged look in his eyes and Sehun took a step as the flames came a bit closer towards his feet, his wind began surrounding him, blowing it away, as a defense mechanism.

"Chanyeol calm down!" Chanyeol only looked Sehun dead in the eyes and a flame sparked in them and Sehun knew his words could not reach Chanyeol. "-" He muttered to himself as he took a few more careful steps back away from Chanyeol. Sehun did not like this, not at all, the only other time Chanyeol got like this was when he broke up with Jongin and cried for days, Chanyeol almost lashed out fully on the poor boy. Sehun had knew Chanyeol was capable of this but he never saw it first hand, he had only heard of it from Kris and Joonmyeon. "Chanyeol, please, you have got to calm down."  Sehun said as he took even more careful steps back before he just went and hid behind the wall that was on the opposite side of the living room.

"You invited Jongin over, knowing I hate him?" Chanyeol growled and Sehun shook his head. He didn't invite Jongin over, Jongin came over and gave Sehun a birthday present and honestly, that was it. Jongin didn't want to come in in fear that Chanyeol was home and would set him on fire before he could teleport away but Sehun had let him come in because he was lonely and it was his birthday and he decided he let Jongin come in for some sort of company.

"It didn't mean anything, Chanyeol." Sehun shouted over the crackling over their burning floor.

"But it did, you let him in didn't you?" And Sehun's eyes widened. "Are you trying to say something, hmm, Sehunnie?" Sehun cringed at the tone Chanyeol was using, it was vicious and dark and it sent shivers down Sehun's spine, Chanyeol never spoke like that to Sehun before and Sehun was scared, he was going into uncharted waters, or better yet, uncharted flames. Sehun's wind had picked up, circling around him and encasing him in a tornado-like shield of wind, trying to both blow away and block Chanyeol's on coming flames.

"How did you know?"

"I was with Luhan earlier and I asked him to check up on you and what do I see, my boyfriend hanging out with his ex?" He wasn't even going to mention it to Sehun in complete honesty, he didn't even think it was that big of a deal since the two only seemed to be talking, that and Jongin sat a comfortable distance away from Sehun. Chanyeol had then suddenly sent a flame flying towards Sehun's direction and Sehun ducked down and it flew straight over his head. Chanyeol was crazy! He had never, ever tried to attack Sehun before, no matter how worked up he had gotten.

"Well...well...Sorry for being lonely!" Chanyeol who had his hand up, all and ready to try and blast Sehun again but had paused when he heard Sehun's words. "Lonely...?" Sehun nodded and slowly stood back up again, still using the wall as a barrier between the the.

"How did you think I felt all day knowing my boyfriend forgot my birthday? I was expecting something all day even if it was just a crudely drawn card hidden in refrigerator or a bag of chips, I don't know, just something. I tried to believe you didn't forget, I really did but you come home empty handed and..I..I was already on my last string of hope and you came home and all you had to say was  'Oh, sorry'?" Sehun watched Chanyeol completely lower his guard and at the same time all the flames disappeared. Chanyeol looked down. Regret filled Chanyeol up, how stupid could he have been? First he got angry over nothing and then he attacked Sehun, he may have been crazy but he was still conscious of what exactly he was doing.

"I really am sorry, Sehun, I'm so, so, so stupid." Chanyeols voice cracked at the end and he sniffled. "Why do you even like me, I'm such a big screw up and a giant idiot." Sehun's wind faded away and he went over to Chanyeol, carefully stepping up to him, making sure Chanyeol was calm before he touched him.

"You're not a screw up Chanyeol and you're not an idiot." Sehun went and wrapped an his arms around Chanyeol's body, letting the others head rest on his shoulder. "But you are right about one thing, I don't like you." Chanyeol gasped but Sehun continued before he had a chance to even speak. "I love you. I love my Park Chanyeol and no one else can compare to him." Chanyeol looked up at Sehun, burn marks running down his face, as a substitute for tears, Chanyeol literally cried fire but he rarely did cry so it was a little known fact that Chanyeol cried fire, it didn't hurt or burn Chanyeol but it was painful to see the soft skin below his eyes and on his cheeks burned and peeling. Sehun leaned forward and kissed Chanyeol's burn marks.
"Don't cry Yeolie." Chanyeol finally lifted his arms arms up to hug Sehun back.

"Happy Birthday Sehun. I love you."

"I love you too, you dummy."