Chapter 8

Forever Regretting A Moment of Weakness

 

kururi: I hope that Creephyun is not too creepy in this update. You can think of him as a stalker but maybe a little. I like OnKey but I adore JongKey so I will probably end up with JongKey... Hope you like the update!

WTBBtoday: *blush* thank you for loving my story! I feel so special! NO JongKyung I promise! I think that I will go with JongKey so please wait for the ending! I like OnKey but I adorelovelikefangirl over JongKey more. I hope this update pleases you and thank you for commenting!

kolpupanda: I was really happy to see your LONG comment! It made my day! You will see what Jjong does in this update! I hope you like it and that Jjong is not too creepy. Thanks for your input about the ending. I think I have decided. ;) Oh, and no JongKyung, I promise! I'm also really honored that you subscribed and enjoy this story. I could never be mad at you! I use my phone a lot too and I know it's a pain to login and everything so it's okay! Thank you for the encouragement!

caline: Aww~~ Thank you :)

lolisho: I'm glad you guessed correctly. That song inspired this story so I decided to include it somehow. I hope Jjong is not too creepy in this update... 2Min will always be adorable! ^.^

ShiningTaemint: It's okay. I know that we are all busy so there are times that we can't read our dear fanfiction. Happens to me all the time. Thanks for telling me what you want the ending to be and here is an update!

A/N: Thank you everyone for the love. There might be only 2 or 3 chapters left. So please be on the look out! Thank you to everyone that voted. JongKey won with 17 votes. So there is a HUGE change I will go with that. Maybe if I get inspiration, I will end up doing all the endings that people voted for(JongKey, OnKey (Broken!JongKey), and Broken!JongKey (Onew is not involved anymore)). I wanted to share the picture above with all of you, I mentioned that it was the birthday of my of my best friends so here is a picture of the cake what do you guys think? I just out the name

 

“We will. Hyung it should be in the closet!”

 

“Okay bye”

 

Key heard Taemin's “bye” before hanging up.

 

“So you have a date?” Jonghyun's voice made Key tense.

 

“What if I do?” the designer kept walking.

 

“Key”

 

The designer stopped. “Jonghyun”

 

“How long has it been?”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“I wanted to see you”

 

“You just saw me so-”

 

“I love you”

 

Key turned to look at the producer “I see you are still saying that lie”

 

“It isn't a lie”

 

“I don't care” The younger male said before he started to walk again and Jonghyun followed him.

 

 

Key went home, took a quick shower, got dressed and walked out the door to see Jonghyun standing next to the elevator. Key rolled his eyes and took the elevator. Jonghyun didn't even try to get on but by the time that Key stepped on the first floor, Jonghyun was right behind him. Key fixed his clothes as he walked and finally entered the restaurant to find that Taemin and Minho weren't there yet. He text messaged Taemin and the moment he placed his phone down, Jonghyun sat next to him. Key didn't look at the producer.

 

 

“Key listen to me”

 

 

The designer didn't react and just messed with his phone when he received a text from Taemin. As Key waited, Jonghyun kept trying to talk to him but Key answered with grunts and the occasional nod. Taemin and Minho walked into the restaurant about 10 minutes later to an uninterested Key and a desperate looking Jonghyun.

 

 

The second that Taemin spotted Jonghyun, the younger boy glared “Umma what is he doing here?”

 

Jonghyun's eyes widen at the “umma” part and widen even more when he saw Minho.

 

“I don't know Minnie. He followed me like a lost puppy.”

 

“Can you please leave?” asked Taemin as he and Minho sat down

 

The producer shook his head “I can't. Who is he?” Jonghyun pointed at Minho

 

“I'm Taemin's boyfriend” the taller male answered

 

 

Dinner was uncomfortable for all of them. Taemin kept glaring and didn't take his eyes of the producer throughout dinner. Key ignored Jonghyun as he ate and tried to talk to Minho and Taemin. Minho ate silently as always and tried to calm the youngest male by holding and squeezing his hand. Jjong kept his eyes on Key as he listened to the designer talk to the other two. They finished dinner and Taemin insisted on taking Key home so that he wouldn't have to deal with Jonghyun but Key shook his head.

 

“No it's fine Minnie” he said as he hugged Taemin

 

“Umma I-”

 

“Don't worry. I'll be fine. Just go home okay?” the designer pulled away. “Take care of him Minho.”

 

“Yes Umma” answered the long haired male as Minho nodded and answered with a “I always do” before Minho started to lead Taemin away. Both looked back once, waved at Key, and continued on their way to the parking lot. Key smiled as he watched the couple leave and turned to find Jonghyun grinning at him.

 

 

“Should I walk you home?”

 

“No. Thank you.” Kibum said as he walked past Jonghyun.

 

“Guess I shouldn't have asked” whispered Jonghyun as he followed the taller male. “So how are you doing with the concept?”

 

“Fine”

 

“When is it due?”

 

“In 2 weeks”

 

“Can I help you in anyway?”

 

“If I remember correctly, you can't dance so no”

 

“Come on Key. I know I can help”

 

Key pulled his phone and checked the time. “Just because you invited yourself to dinner doesn't mean I want to talk to you”

 

Jonghyun surprised the designer by appearing in front of him a second later. “I just want to spend time with you”

 

“No”

 

The producer's hand reached out and Kibum's cheek. “You are so beautiful...”

 

 

Key turned away from the hand. “Don't try to do-” He was about to walk away but wasn't able to since Jonghyun crashed his lips into Key's softly. The kiss was slow and gentle, and Key didn't react for a few seconds because of the shock. In those few seconds, Jonghyun had wrapped his arms around Kibum's waist and let out a sigh of happiness as he felt Key's lips beneath his. When the designer finally understood what the producer was doing, he broke the kiss and tried to pulled away but Jonghyun's arms stopped him.

 

 

“Key, I love you and you love me” the shorter male whispered “Come back to me please...”

 

The designer struggled against the hold “I love you? How do you know that? For what?”

 

The older male looked at him in disbelieve “You... You have to love me Key. I still love you...”

 

“I don't care. If I still love you or not, that doesn't matter, I can't forgive what you did”

 

 

Key let out a yelp when Jonghyun started to drag him and next thing Key knew was that he was in his apartment building; in front of his apartment, his back against the door. He was wrapped in strong arms once again, and inhaled the older male's scent.

 

“Baby please I-” The producer buried his face on Key's neck. “I miss you, I love you Key please” Tears that Key couldn't see formed in Jonghyun's eyes “I know that I did something stupid but I need you Key please let me love you again”

 

“I can't do it”

 

“Yes you can! Please I'm begging you Key” the older male said as his tears started to fall and landed in Kibum's neck.

 

“Jonghyun?” Key whispered and the producer broke down into sobs as he held on the taller male.

 

“Key please” whisper Jjong again as he hugged the designer tighter and his body shook with sobs. “It's been almost a year... A year without you, a year of waking up without you, a year Bummie... And I have missed so much of your life. I mean look at yourself, you have improved so much and are much more beautiful than before...”

 

“I don-”

 

“Just one more try, just one more time Key”

 

Key shook his head and tried to push Jonghyun away. “No Jonghyun. For all I know, you are going to do the same thing. I don't want to go through that again”

 

“You have to understand, I will never do it again. If I do, I promise I will not bother you ever again”

 

“Look I do no-”

 

The producer looked at Key with wide eyes. “I'll do anything just please” He took a hold of the designer's hands, pulled them towards his heart, and place them there. “I love you”

 

Key's eyes soften at the gesture “Jonghyun I-”

 

“Anything. Please” The tears had stopped and determination filled the producer's eyes.

 

Key panicked for a second when he realized that the shorter male was about to kneel . “No! Don't do that!!” Jonghyun's hopeful and anxious eyes settled on Kibum's face. “You are serious about this?”

 

The producer nodded. “Yeah”

 

“Jjong , I don't know... I mean....” Key looked away. “You were with that woman for a reason and I-”

 

“It was stupid and selfish and I was weak”

 

“Can't we just be friends?”

 

“No”

 

“You are persistant hyung...” said Key with a small smile. “Can you let me think about it? I have to-” he was cut off by a hug.

 

“Yeah sure. I really hope you can forgive” The producer let him go a few seconds later and a grin appeared. “So can I help you with your concept tomorrow?”

 

“Aish... you still can't dance so no” answered the designer as he rolled his eyes and the shorter male pouted.

 

Jonghyun placed a kiss on a pale cheek and his grin widen. “I'll see you tomorrow Key” He added before turning and walking away.

 

Key looked at Jonghyun's back for a second before going into his apartment.