Chapter 7

Forever Regretting A Moment of Weakness

kururi: Yeah Jonghyun does some creepy things but in the name of love lol. JK. Onew is awesome! He is my bias even thought he doesn't show up much on this story. I think that it is a good sign that Key took that cd! I hope you like this next chapter!


lolisho: "PDG" will be defined in this chapter. If you still have a question, let me know. I will answer you. Thanks for your input on the ending. Key still love our Jjong even if he doesn't want to, and looking from a far is one of the worst things that can happen in my opinion


caline: Thanks for your input. I will consider it!


asiangirls: I don't know about OnKey. I'm a JongKey shipper so Idk if I will do OnKey or not it's still a maybe


A/N: I am posting earlier since tomorrow, it's the birthday of one of my best friends so I'm going to be busy. I hope you all like this update and I hope you all think it's long enough. I will update Wednesday.


"Oh... you are Jonghyun's-" a look of understanding settled on Onew's face
 

"Ex"

 

 "I see so you are Kibum. I'm happy to finally meet you. Jonghyun has told me a lot about you"
 

"I hope nothing bad"


Onew laughed "Nothing bad I promise, did you like the song?"
 

"How do you know it's a song?"
 

Onew grinned. "I helped Jonghyun record it. Have you heard it?"
 

"Somewhat" Key answered as he looked away from the others eyes
 

"Well if you were wondering who was the other voice, it's me"
 

It was the fashion designer's turn to be surprised. "Really? Why did you help him?"
 

Onew's smile vanished. "He wasn't the same after you left him. And I really do believe that he is sorry"

 

“I'm not here to talk about that”

 

“You know he broke down while recording that song, I was surprised.”

 

“Look Onew-”

 

“Just this once listen” asked the older man as he looked at the designer with pleading eyes. “We had to stop recording so he could pull himself together. He cried for about 20 minutes and when he calmed down enough, he told me about you.”

 

“I-”

 

“Do you have somewhere to be?”

 

“No” Key looked confused

 

“Okay. Hold on a minute, I need something from my office.” Without waiting for a reply, Onew stood and left the room. The fashion designer waited and Jinki stepped into the room about ten minutes later.

 

“Here. Watch this when you get home” the producer handed Kibum a CD with a grin “And Jonghyun doesn't know about the existence of that CD. The name of the song is “Please, Don't Go” and it was composed by Jonghyun. Now I really have to go.” Key took the CD and a second later Onew was gone. The designer looked at the door with a sigh before he stood up and started to pack his things.

 

It was 4:30 when he exited the room and he went to the practice room to continue working on the concept since he had 15 days left to complete the concept and turn it in. He changed and double checked all the accessories that the girls would wear, changed a few details on the outfits, and practiced the dance step that he had chosen a few times before calling it a night around 7. He walked out of the room as he pulled out his cellphone and walked towards the building's exit. He stepped out of the elevator and made the call he want to make.

 

“Minnie”

 

“Hey hyung”

 

“Minho with you?”

 

“Yeah we are getting ready” Key saw Jonghyun as he walked out of the building and as the producer walked closer to him

 

“Okay so are we still on for dinner?” Kibum said as he walked, ignoring the man that was now in front of him.

 

“Yes. Are you at S.M.?”

 

“I just walked out of the building” Key didn't need to look to see that Jonghyun was following him.

 

“Okay we'll see you at the restaurant. Minho! Did you find your shirt?”

 

A chuckle escaped Key “Be careful”. A smile spread on Key's face as he pictured Taemin and Minho. He knew that Taemin was happy to be with Minho and Minho was happy to be with Taemin and Key was happy for both of them. He faintly heard Minho say “no” and his smile widen. He remembered how he meet Minho for the first time.

 

----------Flash Back-----------------

 

He ran out of supplies by lunch and decided to go out to buy some more and to eat. Normally, he would go with Taemin but the younger designer had to do a last minute presentation. So he end up going by himself. He went home to get his car. The shopping didn't take long and he went home to leave most of the supplies and eat peacefully. When he was walking back to the building and he recognized the man from many pictures that Taemin had shown him. Minho was standing outside, looking somewhat nervous.

 

“Minho?”

 

Said man turned to look at him. “Key right?”

 

The designer laughed “Yeah. Gonna see Taemin?”

 

“I was but I-” he looked at the building with hesitation

 

“You wanna surprise him?” Key asked as he noticed the bag of take out in Minho's right hand

 

Minho looked at Key surprised “How did you-”

 

“The bag” the designer tried to hide his smile but wasn't able to accomplish it.

 

“Oh” said the taller man as a small blush settled on his cheeks. “I know he hasn't eaten today so-”

 

Key smiled at him. “Come on. I'll get you in so you can surprise him”

 

Minho's eyes widen and answered with a “thank you”. Key's smile didn't disappear even as they walked into the building.

 

“What did you get him?”

 

“It's just some dumplings”

 

“Good. That kid needs to eat.” said Key before he walked to talk to the secretary.

 

The designer smiled at her as she looked at the taller man. “He's with me.” She nodded before speaking and pointing towards the waiting area. “There is someone here to see you” Minho saw that Key's smile falter for a few seconds before looking at the other man that was sitting with a weak smile on his face.

 

He heard Key say “I don't know him. Please call security and tell them to not let him in the building again” and knew immediately who the other man was. A second later, Key was next to him.

 

Minho remembered that Taemin had called Key's boyfriend Jonghyun and said man looked at Key with wide eyes.

 

 

“Key! What are you doing?” And Minho saw the shorter man move towards Key. He reacted by blocking the producer's way.

 

“M-Minho?” asked Key and he turned to look at the designer.

 

“Go find Taemin. I'll be there in a second.” Minho answered. “Just leave okay?” he turned to look at Jonghyun again

 

“I need to talk to Key”

 

“You can't”

 

“Why?” Security arrived a few seconds later and escorted the producer out of the building.

---------End of Flash Back-------------

 

 

 “We will. Hyung it should be in the closet!”

 

 “Okay bye”

 

 Key heard Taemin's “bye” before hanging up.