Chapter 1

Forever Regretting A Moment of Weakness

Kim Kibum, better known as Key, wasn't exactly sure when Jonghyun started cheating. The older male hadn't changed his behavior towards him at all but he knew that he had to do something since the older male was pretending that nothing was different between them. A day ago, Key and his coworker and friend Lee Taemin decided to go to a restaurant for lunch and had ran into Jonghyun. Key had stared for a few seconds as the producer leaned in to kiss the woman that was next to him and that Key had never seen in his life. Taemin had almost immediately sensed Key's mood change and asked what was wrong. He had whisper to Taemin about Jonghyun and the woman. Taemin's eyes searched until they landed on the couple, looked back at Key, and nodded. They walked out of the restaurant and Key put a strong front to convince Taemin that he was okay. He went on with his day and when he got home, he tried to decide what to do. Key knew what to do the moment that Jonghyun went up to him, kissed him, and told him that he was going to take a shower; he had to leave.


After making his decision and hearing the bathroom door close, he called Taemin to ask him if he knew where he could find a place to stay fast. Taemin thought about it and came up with the idea of letting Key have his apartment and Taemin could move in with his boyfriend; Choi Minho. Key said no instantly since he didn't want to kick Taemin out of the apartment yet Taemin explained to him that Minho and him had been wanting to move in together for a while. The only thing that was stopping them was that Taemin's apartment had a contract that hadn't expired. Kibum still said no and the next thing he knew was that Taemin had a three way call with his boyfriend to show him that it was true. Choi Minho answered after the third ring.

“Hey Minnie”
“Hi hyung. Are you busy?”
“No. I'm on my way home. What's up?”
“Something happened today. One of my friends from work found out his boyfriend was cheating on him and he decided to leave his boyfriend”
“Okay”

“And he needs a place to stay so I was thinking that he can have my apartment and I could move in with you. We could do that if you don't mind. I mean we talked about moving in together and-” A chuckle stopped Taemin. “Why are you laughing?” he asked and Minho and Key could hear the pout on the boy's lips

“You are ranting baby” Key swore he heard Taemin squeal when Minho said the word baby in English.
“Minnie we talked about this”
“I know but-”
“Taemin just talk to your friend and hopefully he will accept. I need to go Minnie but you know that I want you to move in with me. I'll call you when I get home okay?”
“Okay”
“Taeminnie, I love you”
Taemin giggled “Love you too bye”
“Bye” The line went dead signaling that Minho had hung up.
“See, I told you it was true” Taemin said.
“Yeah I see” answered Key as he sat down on the sofa and tried to keep his voice from cracking. His eyes filled with tears from hearing the love between Taemin and Minho. “Taemin will moving in with Minho make you happy?”
“Yes hyung”
Key heard the smile in his voice “Alright. Let's do it. Thank you for everything Minnie.”
“It's okay. I should start packing”
“Yeah that's a good idea”
“Are you going to need any help?”
“No. It's okay. I can manage. I need to go Taem, Jonghyun is going to get out of the shower any minute”
“Okay hyung bye”
“Bye” Key answered before hanging up and placing the phone on the sofa. He looked at the ceiling as he fought his tears and closed his eyes when he felt that he was losing the battle. The designer failed to hear the bathroom door open and a moment later, Jonghyun's hand was caressing his cheek.

“Are you okay Kibummie?”
His eyes remained closed and he nodded. A sigh came from the other male.
“What's wrong?” Key opened his eyes with a smile and Jonghyun saw the tears in his eyes.
Key shook his head. “Can you just hug me for a while?”
Jonghyun looked startled but immediately took Key in his arms. Jonghyun started to whisper things in Key's ear but instead of helping it made Key breakdown and cling to Jonghyun. After what felt like an eternity, he stopped crying but Jonghyun started with the questions.

“Jjong let it go. I'm just tired. I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Let's just have dinner”
“I can't let it go Key, you were crying just tell me what's wrong”
Key looked away “A few things. It's just work.”
Jonghyun stared at Key “Did you cook already?” Key shook his head in a no motion “Okay let's just order something”


After dinner, Jonghyun kept insisting Key tell him, yet the younger male just shook his head and said “later”. When Key checked the time it was around 10 in the afternoon, and with the excuse of being tired went to their bedroom to try to fall asleep. About twenty minutes later, the bedroom door opened and Jonghyun stepped into the room. Almost immediately, Key started acting. He feign sleep and Jonghyun didn't notice, not even when he laid down and pulled the younger male into his arms, laying a kiss on Key's temple and whispered a soft “I love you”. Jonghyun got comfortable and Key waited until he heard Jonghyun's breathing even out before opening his eyes. He slept very little next to Jonghyun that night and pretended to still be asleep when Jonghyun got up and started to get ready for work. After he finished getting ready, Jonghyun went up to the sleeping form, gave him a peck on the cheek, said “see you tonight Kibummie” and walked out of the room and out of the apartment.


“I doubt it” answered Key as he shoot up from the bed and started to pack his stuff the moment that the older left for work. He also called his job and told them that an emergency had come up and that he had to be excused for the day. They gave him a little trouble but in the end, his boss gave in. While he packed all his things, he looked for everything that reminded him of his relationship with Jonghyun to just rip it and place it in trash bags. He placed the trash bags near the kitchen door as he did always so that Jonghyun would take them outside. A few moments before he finished packing, Taemin had called him to tell him that the apartment was ready. After that, he looked around the apartment, placed a note on the sofa, grabbed his luggage, and left the apartment.


Key placed his luggage in the trunk of his car, got on and started to drive to the address. Half an hour later, he was taking the elevator to the floor in which his apartment was on. He found it rather quickly and looked around. The place was cozy and Taemin had left a few things behind since Key need them more than Taemin; for example the bed and the TV. He felt weird since he knew that Jonghyun would never walk into this apartment but also knew that it was for the best. With that in mind, he started to decorate and make the apartment his home. He got started with the room since it was going to get dark soon. He was halfway done when he decided to eat. He ordered a delivery since he didn't have any cooking utensils. After that, he took a shower and waited for the delivery as he watched TV.