New Years Bloom

One Night

 

  "Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday dear Min Young, happy birth~day~ to~ youuuu~" sang the Lee family, crowding around the youngest daughter.

  "Ah~" squealed Min Young, "What are we gonna do for today? Gifts? Games? Cake~"

  "Don't worry sweety, we've got it all for you." the Lee's mother said, Kang Tae.

  Great, give the girl what she wants, ALL OF IT, and she'll become spoiled as hell, and you'll still wonder why she's like that. thought the eldest child who stood in the back of the family crowd, Lee Song Jae.

  "Song Jae, come and give your sister a hug." commanded the Lee family's father, Joo Won.

  "N-" no. "Okay." Song Jae dragged her feet towards her sister, giving her a light hug.

  Both parents smiled and patted Min Young on the head, "We're having guests tonight. Prepare."

  Joo Won was about to leave when he turned to say, "A friend of mine is coming over with his family. Dress nicely."

  "Do we know them?" asked Song Jae.

   Joo Won always brought home new friends from work. He was a sociable guy.

  "He's a new friend of mine. Don't worry." Joo Won left the room with Kang Tae, shutting the door behind them.

  "I hope they have a daughter." said Min Young. "I want to play with her."

  "Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I'll be by your side sis." said the Lee family's middle child, Ji Kwon.

  "Thanks bro." Song Jae patted her little brothers head and began walking towards her bed.

  The Lee family household only had two bedrooms. One was small, crowded with toys, and dark. The other was huge, the size of two master-bedrooms, bright, and spacious. The three Lee children slept in the small bedroom. Toys from Min Young was scattered around, a bucket with Song Jae's old toys, and Ji Kwon's recent toys were neatly inside.

  "Pick this all up, or do you want to look like a dirty princess?" Song Jae ordered politely, afraid to deepen or higher or voice and cause a commotion with Min Young if she cried.

  "Later~" Min Young kicked off the bed sheets from on top of her and stomped her way downstairs. "Pancakes, Mommy! I want pancakes!" she shouted her way down.

  Ji Kwon only chuckled and began making his bed, "Go eat, a teenagers got to eat."

  Song Jae was more heart warmed to Ji Kwon than Min Young. Ji Kwon may be seven, but his way of thinking and acting seemed like he was twice her age. Song Jae ruffled his hair and smiled, "What are you talking about. Your the one who needs to eat. Go down and eat, I'll be finishing up the rest. Make sure you save a bacon strip for me."

  Ji Kwon spread a wide smile on his face and walked downstairs after placing his pillows on his twin sized bed. "Don't come down late!"

  "I wont!" Song Jae shouted after him.

  As Song Jae finished making her bed, she began picking up the toys. She knew Min Young wasn't gonna do it. Min Young never cleaned up after herself, why should she now? She wouldn't change so quickly.

  "Song Jae! Come down and help me!" shouted her mother from down the stairs as Min Young entered the bedroom.

  'Be right there!" Song Jae put the last objects of toys into the toy bucket and pointed to Min Young's bed, "Make it. It's not big, the sheets are light, it isn't hard work for your age. Don't make me do it after I picked up after your mess."

  Min Young pouted and plopped on her bed, "Later~"

  "Song Jae!" -

  "Min Young! Not later, now!" Song Jae shouted.

  "Song Jae!!!" -

  "MIN YOUNG!" Song Jae became anxious, her nerves trembling from anger.

  "But it's my BIRTHDAY!" cried Min Young.

  "SONG JAE, CAN YOU HEAR ME OR NOT?" yelled her mother.

  "I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!" Song Jae snapped.

  "Are you talking back to me?!" her mother shouted.

  "Just go before it gets worse." Ji Kwon entered the room and lightly pulled Min Young off her bed, making it for her.

  Song Jae took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves. Balling fists.

  Min Young may be five, but she had the mentality of an annoying, spoiled, sixteen year old teenager. She always had it easy, never lifted a finger in her life, and always cried for others to do things for her. Song Jae was tired of it. From the moment she could walk she was ordered to clean the mess she made, make her own bed, and even clean the light things in the house after she turned a little over four years old. It was unfair.

  Song Jae felt her body become neutral, her bones aching after shivering from the tension. She walked down the narrow stairs quietly. She saw her mother hanging New Years and Birthday balloons. Strings were being placed on the walls.

  "Come help me put these all up." her mother ordered.

  "Yes, Mom." Song Jae obediently started decorating the house, cleaning, and fixing what was out of place.

  After a few hours passed, Min Young came down the stairs and was dressed in a black and pink flowered dress, complimenting her black hair and caramel skin. Ji Kwon followed shortly after, wearing black pants and a black t-shirt.

  "Woah!! I like it! It's so pretty! Thanks, Mommy!" Min Young ran to hug Joo Won.

  "It's all for you sweety." Joo Won hugged her back, "What are you still doing here, Song Jae? Go and shower! We don't have much time! I still have to cook, and when I'm done, I want you out of the shower and dressed."

  Song Jae dragged her feet up the stairs and grabbed a black dress with rosy blue flowers on the chest area along with her interiors. She showered, plastered on lotion on her face and body, and changed into her clothes. Her mother was already cooking, and her father was making a phone call.

  Song Jae felt a little weird that her bare legs were touching every time she took a step towards her bed, her bare skin grazing each other. She shivered, she disliked dresses with a passion. She quickly rushed to her bed and placed a blanket on top of her, waiting for time to pass.

  After another couple of hours flew by, it was already afternoon, and Song Jae got tired of laying down. She lifted herself up and went down the stairs, turning on the TV and watching Spanish dramas. Her mind concentrated on the romance between the love triangle. Her attention was snapped away when she heard a car pull up her driveway.

 

  As Song Jae heard a car pull up her driveway, she peeked out the window, seeing two boys and a little girl step out of a car. Her immediate thought was, 'Hide!' she ran up to her room and saw how she was dressed, she immediately changed from a black flowered dress to jeans and a t-shirt, a sweater to cover the shirt. Before the family could even enter, she dashed towards the living room.

  Song Jae sat on her couch, awkwardly staring at the living room TV, unwilling to welcome the family that entered her household.

  Ugh, boys, and a little girl. God this is going to be a long night. I can't even handle my own little sister, and they brought another little one? What the hell, and the boys look my age, what am I supposed to do with them if I can't even make friends at school? she thought to herself, a grimace on her face.

  "Yah- Song Jae, go and ask the boys if they're hungry or thirsty." whispered her mother in her ear.

  "Why me?" she whined.

  "Go, or ask them to play with you." her mother whispered in menace.

  "Fine." Song Jae lifted herself up from the couch, dipping her head a little and standing straight. "Hungry? Thirsty?"

  "No." both boys replied, "We're fine."

  "I want water." said the small little girl beside the brown haired boy.

  Song Jae went to retrieve water, she could hear whispers behind her as she walked to the fridge. She felt a sudden feeling that they might be talking about her small two-story house. Were they judging it? Or were they judging her because she wore jeans and a tshirt on New Years Eve?

  "Here you go." Song Jae handed the bottle of water to the little girl.

  Song Jae was about to go up the stairs to her room alone when she saw her mothers stare.

  Song Jae gazed at the trio. "Wanna play Wii Sports?"

  The boy on the right, the black haired one, blushed and shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

  Song Jae lead the trio to the living room, her gaze fixed on the little girl, who now began glaring at her for no reason Song Jae knew at all.

  Does she hate the living room? Does she not like the way I'm dressed? Or was my first impression not well? Huh, what have I done? Song Jae dismissed the glaring little girl and set up the Wii, feeling two boys help her.

  A tingle ran through her skin as she felt one of the boys accidently touch her.

  "Sorry." he said.

  "It's okay." She smiled, handing him the remote. Both preparing for a battle of a lifetime.

  They both chose bowling, switching off controlers as one would lose.

  "So what's your guys' names?" Song Jae asked, a drop of sweat daring to drip down her forehead as she was now challenging the brown haired boy.

  "My name is Lu Han." said the brown hair.

  "Mine is Sehun." said the black haired one, taking over Song Jae's controller.

  "And how old are you guys?" Song Jae watched the screen.

  "12." replied Sehun.

  "14." replied Lu Han.

  Song Jae smiled and looked at Sehun, "We're the same age."

  "My name is Krystal. I'm six." interrupted the little girl, sitting on the couch with Min Young. "And I want to play too."

  Lu Han was the first to pause the screen and handed the controller to her. "There, happy?"

  "No, play with me~" Krystal glanced over at her menacingly while she took Sehun's controller and handed it over to Lu Han.

  Sehun walked over to Song Jae, a few feet apart. He smiled shyly, awkwardly standing and watching the two play. He got a little closer, his mouth opened to say something, but Song Jae beat him to it, "Want to play Twister?"

   "Sure." Sehun smiled warmly.

   After setting up the game and handing the board to Min Young, Song Jae's tomboy competitive side lashed out. As Sehun tried hard to flex, Song Jae stretched to every spot. Sehun became a bit more competitive, both now tangled against each other.

  "Mind removing your face from my ?" Sehun asked. "It's not a pillow."

  "Mind removing your from my face?" Song Jae said back.

  Both fell and toppled onto each other. Song Jae was finally having fun, it didn't drag like she thought it would. She actually wanted the night to go longer. She felt like Sehun was an older brother, or a best friend. They clicked. He didn't think her tomboy competitive side was weird for a girl who should be petite and elegant. She was happy they connected.

  Though as she tried getting up, she saw that she was laying on top of Sehun, both faces inches apart. She blushed and got off of him.

  "Do you have a computer? I want to check my MySpace." asked Lu Han.

  "Huh? Oh, yeah it's upstairs." Song Jae  felt Sehun walk behind her, closer. "This way." she said as they climbed up the stairs and into the parents bedroom. "Right there."

  "Thanks." Lu Han logged into his page and looked back at Song Jae, "Do you have a MySpace?"

  "No...I'm not allowed to have one." Song Jae replied, feeling Sehun's warmth.

  "Oh, okay. When you get one you should look me up." Lu Han smiled and turned to the screen.

  Song Jae plopped on her parents bed and grabbed her MP3 player, fidgeting with it.

  "What kind of music do you listen to?" asked Sehun, sitting right beside her, slowly taking the MP3.

  "Spanish music. Like Enrique Iglesias...Shakira...those." Song Jae the MP3 and gave him an ear bud, he politely took it and placed it in his ear while Song Jae did the same.

  Both had to scoot beside each other for the earbuds to not fall off. Their bodies touched and grazed as they awkwardly tried to not make contact. Song Jae began a song written by Enrique Iglesias called, 'No Me Digas Que No.' (Don't Tell Me No) and he smiled with his teeth showing. 

  "It's a nice song. I like it." he said, looking down at the floor, not daring to make eye contact.

  Song Jae looked at him in the face and smiled wide, "Me too! It's my favorite." she boasted.

  Sehun gently smiled and asked for a replay of the song, and so they listened to it for a while longer. And as the song ended, Sehun finally looked up to meet Song Jae's eyes. His cheeks were a light rosy pink, and his eyes were a milk chocolate, his breathing was laid onto her as their faces were close enough to kiss. He held her eyes for what seemed like forever.

  Song Jae's heart began to beat frantically. What is this? Good god, he's good looking. Was he good-looking before? What is it about him that looks like he's changed?

  "Everyone! Come down to eat!" shouted Joo Won.

  Song Jae pulled out the ear buds and was about to leave the room, but she heard Krystal and Sehun whispering. She felt like they were talking about her again. Does my breath smell? she checked No, so what are they talking about?

  After eating dinner, they all went upstairs, Krystal finally gave Song Jae a warm look. She even smiled.

  "Any computer games?" asked Lu Han as Song Jae entered the bedroom to sit on the computer desk chair.

  "Only the internet games." Song Jae got up from the chair, "I don't know any websites to be honest. So you can look some up."

  Lu Han was about to go on the computer but their parents interrupted as they took over the computer to do the New Years countdown.

  Song Jae awkwardly stood in the corner of the room, not wanting to be herded by the adults and the children. Song Jae blurred out everything as she mindlessly watching the small screen across the room.

  "Hey." Song Jae felt a tug at her shirt, she looked down to see Krystal, "Wanna know something?"

  Song Jae shrugged, "Sure." she crouched a little and saw Sehun and Lu Han walk over in a hurry.

  "My cousin Sehun likes you." she whispered into her ear, "Don't tell him I told you."

  Song Jae's face warmed up, her body heating at a fast rate. "W-what?" Song Jae saw Sehun stand beside her, his face wasn't looking down, he was looking right at her, and he was smiling.

  Lu Han looked at both Sehun and Song Jae and stood on the other side of Song Jae, "What do you want this New Years to be?"

  "Hm? Oh...I want it to be amazing." Song Jae couldn't stop looking over at Sehun.

  She felt Lu Han tug at her sleeves, he seemed to be the most sociable one. "I'm gonna go get something from downstairs, want anything?"

  Song Jae shook her head, "No thanks."

  Just as Lu Han left the room, everyone began counting down the minute. The children were right smack in the middle of the herd, while Song Jae and Sehun were left in the corner.

  Quietly and almost too slowly, Sehun walked behind Song Jae and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. Song Jae didn't resist, she didn't pull away or even dared to breathe.

  "Can you just...stay still?" his light breathing grazed over his neck, the sweet smell of masculinity overcame her own sense of smell.

  Song Jae was always told she couldn't have a boyfriend so young, or let one even dare to make her a girlfriend. Song Jae had seen dramas with girls who have broken hearts because of guys, and so she swore to never have one until she comprehended, but this moment, this one moment where the first boy who's ever touched her, ever embraced her, she wanted to forget her promise. She wanted to throw her parents rules at them and say she wanted to this boy, this daring, shy boy.

  "Three~ Two~ ONE!" shouted the family. "HAPPY NEW YEARS!"

   Sehun quickly had let go of Song Jae as the family turned around to hug each other. Sehun awkwardly hugged Song Jae last after everyone had already hugged her. "Happy New Years." he told her, not letting go of the hug.

  "Mind giving me a hug?" Lu Han tapped Sehun away and hugged Song Jae, his hug lasting longer than Sehun's.

  Something felt right with Lu Han's hug, but Lu Han's hug was a bit feminine, and Sehun's hug felt like they shaped her body well, his perfect height and boyish hug made her ache for more.

  After an hour, Song Jae pulled out her phone to check the time. "1 A.M-"

  "Boys! We're leaving!" shouted Sehun and Lu Han's parents. "Come and say goodbye!"

  Sehun glanced at Song Jae's phone, "Oh hey, you have a phone? Me too. Give me your number?"

  Krystal laughed, and so Lu Han. "You don't have a phone." they chanted.

  "Yeah I do." Sehun said.

  Lu Han and Krystal kept laughing at him as he tried to tell them he did.

  Song Jae was even ready to hand him her phone number before they left, but Lu Han only pulled Sehun away and towards downstairs.

  Everyone was saying their goodbye's. Everyone waved or hugged, Lu Han only waved politely at everyone, stepping out the door. The one who lingered longer was Sehun. He was standing right in front of her, glancing at her lips. Song Jae's heart beat frantically, clamming .

  Sehun gave her a hug, impolitely putting his cheek against hers for at least a couple of seconds. As he let his hands slip near her waist, he kept his body a few inches away, his eyes still fixated on her lips and then to her eyes. As he saw that she caught him staring, he blushed and took a step back. He waved and left.

  As the car left their driveway, Song Jae felt a sudden emptiness. She wanted to play longer, to be hugged longer. She sadly watched out of the living room window, mentally wishing for them to have staid longer. She went up to her room and plopped on her bed, still feeling a warm tickle on her neck and a light head on her shoulder. She clutched her left shoulder and sighed, closing her eyes, thinking about how much of a mistake her parents made from keeping her from seeing the charms of a boy. She really wanted Sehun to kiss her at that moment. She wanted a taste of his pink lips, she ached for it now that she realized the connection they made.

  "Oh..Sehun." she closed her eyes, her thoughts enveloped in images of a shy, blushed, Sehun. "Sehun~"

  She quickly fell asleep thinking about him. Her one wish as she slowly dozed off was, Let me meet him once more. Let him come again. I want to see him. I miss him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey readers! Did you like the story? Please comment and tell me what you think of it~

I was thinking about a sequel, but that's what you guys decide on, should I or not?