I I I

Running

Someone please remove all the pain…

~*~*~

The air was heavy inside Nu’Est’s dorm. Minhyun was locked inside his room while the other three members were sitting in the couch. They all with their elbows resting on their knees and their heads down, this were one of those times when words didn’t have to be spoken.

“Shall I go see him?” Aron finally asked and looked at the younger males.

Dongho didn’t look up from the floor and Jonghyun only shrugged with his shoulders.

“Do as you please”

Aron stood up and walked to Minhyun’s room, the room Minhyun was sharing with Minki. The door squeaked loudly and made Minhyun’s gaze turn from the window to the door.

“What do you want?” Minhyun asked, his voice was

“See if you’re okay”

Minhyun shrugged with his shoulder and his head and looked out in the darkness. The darkness made Minhyun’s face reflect in the window and also revealed a tear falling down from the younger boy’s cheek.

Aron bit on his lower lip and sat down on Minhyun’s bed.

“Why would it turn out this way?” Minhyun asked, still looking out of the window.

Minhyun’s voice was weak and Aron sensed that Minhyun would burst out in crying in any minute.

“It was all a misunderstanding, everything will be fine again” Aron did his best to cheer Minhyun up but Minhyun didn’t listen. Instead, Minhyun stood up and looked at Aron with red eyes.

“I had to destroy it all. Minki will never come back to us.” Minhyun said.

“Minki is strong, he will survive”

“I have never doubted that, but I know that he won’t be back to Nu’Est or Pledis. I need him here with me!” Minhyun was yelling.

Aron didn’t know what to say or expect. It was too early to say anything right now.

~*~*~

“Please don’t jump” Minhyun begged Minki. The tears that were falling down on Minhyun’s cheeks didn’t seem to stop falling.

Minki shook his head and gazed towards the water once again.

“Minhyun… it’s too late. Everything is destroyed” Minki said, his voice was empty. Minhyun had never seen Minki like this before.

“Don’t say like that. It will be fine. We can be together as long as you don’t jump.” Minhyun took two steps closer to Minki.

“Take my hand; we will go back to the dorm. Everything will be alright again. I promise. It can be you can me, just don’t jump”

Minhyun stretched out his hand, but Minki was still too far away to be able to reach the hand.

Minki didn’t look at Minhyun’s hand or Minhyun; he just continued to look into the deep, cold and dangerous water.

“But… if I want to die?” Minki said quietly, it wasn’t meant that Minhyun would hear that but he heard it.

“You don’t want to die, you’re seventeen. You have barley started to live, it’s a misunderstanding” Minhyun said.

Minki still didn’t look at Minhyun. Minhyun wondered what Minki was thinking of. Maybe was he reconsidering all this?

“How do I know… that you really love me?” Minki said and looked at Minhyun.

Minki is known for having a stone-face, but Minhyun had never seen Minki this expressionless before in his whole life.

“If I didn’t love you, do you think that I would run away just to save you? None of the other members did” Minhyun said and walked closer to Minki.

Minhyun could now touch Minki’s upper-arm with his hand. He gently the arm; one time, two times, three times.

“Come now, and we’ll go back” Minhyun said.

Minki looked at Minhyun and smiled. Minki took Minhyun’s hand and stepped down from the railing. And they walked together back home to the dorm.

Holding hands with each other, just like lovers do.

~*~*~

Minhyun sat down next to Aron. Even though Aron was the oldest among all the members, he still wasn’t the leader and didn’t know how to handle these kinds of things.

“You know… I really thought that I had made him change his mind. That he would come back to the dorm with me” Minhyun said with a shaking voice.

Minhyun’s voice never broke, it was never shaking, and it’s known that Minhyun was the perfect vocalist with the perfect voice. But now was his voice shaking like it never had done before.

Minhyun was terrified, that he would lose Minki. He had never been this scared before.

“I should’ve… I could’ve” Minhyun was searching for the right word. “Protected him better”

~*~*~

Minhyun didn’t know when or why, but suddenly, Minki let go of Minhyun’s hand and ran out into the road.

Minhyun saw everything.

Minhyun saw how the car hit Minki, how the girls on the other side of the street began to scream and cry, how the driver hurried out of the car and looked at Minki’s lifeless body.

The world lost its speed, everything went in slow motion. Minhyun stood there like he was frozen or something, he couldn’t do anything but watch.

A few of the cars stopped as well but most of the cars continued to drive.

Minhyun walked out in the road, he was expressionless and felt like a robot. He didn’t know what to do.

“Do you know this guy?” the lady asked.

Minhyun nodded. “His name is Choi Minki”

Another man had contacted the ambulance and it didn’t take long until they came.

Minhyun looked at how they carried Minki inside.

“Shall I drive you home?” the lady from earlier asked.

Minhyun shook his head. “It’s fine, I'll walk.”

~*~*~

When Minhyun got home he had to tell everything for the members. Jonghyun began to scream, throw things around him and yell at Minhyun. Telling Minhyun how useless he was.

Dongho and Aron reacted more silently. Dongho walked to his room and locked himself in, while Aron called their manager.

The manager didn’t get mad at any one and went straight to the hospital instead of back to the dorm.

~*~*~

Minhyun and Aron didn’t say anything. Minhyun was resting his head on Aron’s shoulder when the door slammed open.

Dongho was standing there and holding a phone.

“W-We shall go now.” Dongho said.

Minhyun raised on his head and looked questioning at Dongho, who continued with:

“Manager-hyung just called, we should go to the hospital”