Aegyo Looks Good On You

Fluff-Tastic, Featuring Super Junior!

     Kim Heechul was the king of aegyo. If you don't know what aegyo is, it's basically a Korean art of acting all cute, making cute faces, and it can be used as manipulation, just for fun, to be annoying, or to be evil. But maybe you should just look it up.

     Anyway- Heechul...he's our king of aegyo. Not only was he good at aegyo, but he was very handsome. Dare I say you could hit him with a bus and he would still be attractive (but don't hit him with a bus; ELFs and petals will hunt you down and kill you in your sleep. You have been warned). This cute, atttactive man was also charismatic, a bit shy, contained a splash of craziness, and was always friendly. 

     But don't mess with his friends. He will not take it lightly.

And that last statement may seem like it doesn't belong in a love story, but you will soon find out how perfectly it meshes in.

     On an ordinary day in his home country of South Korea, Kim Heechul was returning from dance practice with the rest of the Super Junior members. Somehow, the fans found their dorm and began to swarm him for autographs and photos. The fatigued Heechul, being kind as he was, forgot his own needs and rallied to his fans, smiling happily as he signed things and posed for pictures. But as he was about to go, and more fans got in line, he noticed a small figure being shoved this way and that, who apppeared to have been there the whole time, but never once did she retaliate or show anger on her face. She submitted quietly to the harsh treatment of the other fans.

     Heechul asked for help from the security guard and began to make his way through the crowd of screaming girls. The knees of the petals wobbled, and a few nearly passed out, being brushed by the elbows of their idol. As he made his way to the girl being pushed around, he began to speak to her. 

     "Hello," he said. "How are you?"

The girl, about five years younger than him, looked up, surpirsed at the face she was seeing. "I'm good, oppa. I'm sorry to be disturbing you at this late hour. It's the only time I could come."

     Heechul shook his head. "Andwe(no), it's fine. I'm actually very impressed by your patience."

She smiled. "Thank you. It's nothing."

    "It isn't nothing. Every one else was showing you back. You shouldn't let people push you around. I'm almost ashamed that my 'fans' would do something like that."

     "Retaliating isn't worth it. I guess it's a turn the other cheek sort of thing. Just because I'm treated unfairly doesn't mean someone else should be," the girl said.

     Heechul smiled. "Well, I understand, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't stand up for yourself. Now, did you want an autograph?"

The girl eagerly nodded and held out a photo.

     "Who should I make it out to?" he asked.

"_________, please," the girl said.

     "_________? Ah, that's a nice name." He signed the picture and handed it back to _________. 

"Thank you, oppa," she said, a huge grin on her face. 

     "No problem," Heechul said. He smiled at her and gave her a hug. Her eyes got very big, but she went for thr hug, trying not to squeeze Heechul too tight.

"Hyung, manager says it's time to go," Siwon called. 

     "Okay. I'll be right there," he replied. Hee hul began to head toward the elevator, but quickly leaned over to _________ and whispered something into her ear.

     "And thank you for restoring my faith in humanity,_________," he said.

She smiled as he moved back through the mob and went up to the dorm.

     "_________. Huh, that's a nice name," Heechul said as the members got back to their dorm.

"Hyung, it seems like you spent more time on her than you normally would on a fan," Sungmin said.

     Heechul sighed. "I guess so, but I just felt so bad for her. She was getting pushed around, but just submitted to it and didn't get angry. I suppose I just wanted to let her know that I appreciate fans like her."

     "Well, that was nice of you. But just make sure other fans don't get angry," Leeteuk told him.

"I understand, hyung, but I frankly don't care if they're angry that I spent more time with a kind fan, especially if they were the jerks pushing her around," Heechul replied.

     After a few minutes when everyone had filed into their rooms, Heechul was at the table, catching up on his Cyworld.

"It seems like you were a bit attached to her, hyung," Siwon said.

     Heechul turned around and rolled his eyes. "I already told you guys that I just felt bad for her. It was nothing more than that."

"I saw the way you looked at her, hyung. You've felt sympathy for other fans, but this was a different 'sympathetic' look," Siwon smirked.

     "Says a guy who flirts with every fan he sees," he retorted.

"I don't flirt. I'm just trying to be nice," Siwon defended.

     "The 'good little Christian boy' who rips off his shirt at any given moment and makes eyes at every ELF he sees. I'm not even religious, but I keep my shirt on more than you, dude," he said.

     "I..." Siwon started, but then trailed off.

"That's what I thought," Heechul grinned and popped an aegyo face.

     "So, what are you up to now?" Siwon asked.

"Just checking up on Cyworld, that's all," Heechul replied.

     Siwon laughed. "Hyung, you are addicted," he said.

"Am not!" Heechul shouted. "I even gave up Twitter last year!"

     "Shush, hyung! You'll wake everybody up," Siwon scolded.

"Sorry."

     "Okay, just don't post anything too deeply philosphical or offensive to piss off everyboyd on the face of the earth, especially since you're sleep deprived," Siwon said while heading toward his bedroom.

     "Would I really do that?" Heechul asked.

Siwon just coked his eyebrow at him.

   Heechul roleld his eyes yet again.  "Goodnight, Siwon."

"Goodnight, hyung," Siwon yawned. 

     The next morning, Donghae came out of his room into the kitchen, staring at the screen of his phone, his mouth hanging wide open.

"Oh man," he said. 

     "What now?" Leeteuk asked.

"You have to see what Heechul hyung posted on his Cyworld about the one fan who was getting pushed around at yesterday's fan sighting," he said.

     Everyone filed around Donghae as he read out loud,

"To everyone who came yesterday to the Super Junior dorm, I want to thank you all for coming out to show your support. We all appreciate it very much. However, there is one thing that I ws not so happy with. I was appaled as I saw a group of fans coming to meet me, and as they were doing so, they were shoving another fan toward the back of the line. I learned that the girl's name was __________, and she was very kind and patient. First of all, I think you should all be thankful to _________ that she put up with your self-centered, cruel behavior and did not treat you all badly in return, and I also think you should feel sorry that you did this to her. It made me quite upset to learn that my so-called 'fans' would be so heartless as to push another fan around for the sake of meeting me. Those kinds of actions are pathetic and will not be tolerated by me. So, I would like to issue a formal apology to _________ for how she was treated yesterday, and I sincerely hope that this does not reflect badly on the fans who are kind and would not treat people like her in a rude manner. I thank the fans who not only show love to me, but to their fellow petals. That is all.

Good day. ~Kim Heechul"

     Everyone was silent for a moment as they comprehended the words Donghae had just read.

"She didn't deserve that kind of treatment," Heechul said, coming out of his room. "I don't care if you think I'm overly-attatched."

     "Wow," Kyunhyun started. "That was brave, hyung."

"Is it really out of character for him to write things like that?" Sungmin said.

    "Please, show Heechul hyung some respect," Siwon said. "It takes a lot of heart and chutzpah to do something like that. He was just defending an innocent person."

     Heechul looked over at Siwon and smiled at him. 

"It's already spreading acorss the internet like wildfire," Shindong comented. " 'Kim Heechul Defends Not-So-anonymous fan in Cyworld Post', 'Angry Heechul Scolds Fans'. The list keeps going on."

     "I don't care if they say horrible things about me," Heechul declared. "No one deserves to be bullied."

The members unanimously agreed. After everyone finished their breakfast and left the kitchen, Heechul leaned over to Siwon.

     "Thank you," Heechul whispered to him.

Siwon smiled. "No problem. I get how it feels when your fans are complete psychotic jerks," he said. 

     "I just hope the fans don't get angry at _________," he replied.

"If they do, I will help you stand up for her yet again, hyung."

     "Thank you."

The doorbell rang at that moment.

     "I'll get it!" Siwon yelled.

He turned to Heechul and smiled after gazing through the peephole.

     "It's for you," he said. "But you might want to clean up first. Need me to stall?" he asked.

"No, it's fine. I don't look too bad, do I?" Heechul asked.

     "It depends on who you ask."

Heechul sighed and flipped his bangs out of his face. He opened the door, his eyes growing wide with surprise. He felt hot blood rushing to his cheeks. 

     "Why didn't I at least bother to change out of my pajamas?" he thought to himself. 

There at the door stood _________, smiling at him.

     "Good morning, oppa," she greeted.

"Annyeong (hi)," he said. "I'm sorry. I'm not very presentable right now."

     She giggled a bit. "It's fine."

They stood in silence for a moment, until _________ began to speak.

     "I saw your online post, oppa. Thank you. You didn't have to do all that for me," she said.

"I did. I don't like my fans to be unkind," he told her.

     "Well, anyway, I brought you a little something to say thank you." She handed him a red gift bag, from which he pulled out a green fedora hat. http://i42.tinypic.com/bff05s.jpg

     "Wow, kamsa hamnida (thank you)," he said.

"You're welcome. It's kind of bright, but I figured it would be good for your next boradcast, and it would bring out your eyes and nice face. I mean, you seem to wear hats a lot," _________ replied.

     "Well, I really like it and appreciate it. I typically wear the hats to shield my ugliness," he said.

She shook her head. "Aniya (no), oppa. You're not ugly. If anything, you make all the hats that you wear look better."

     Heechul laughed. "Well, thank you again. If people give you anymore problems, just let me know. I'll handle them. I should let you go now."

"Okay. Thank you," ________ said, turning to go.

     "Wait!" Heechul called.

"Mwo (what)?" she said.

     "I...well..."

"Yes?"

     "Could I maybe...have...your number? I- I mean, just to check up on you, make sure no one's giving you problems," Heechul stuttered.

_________ smiled. "Sure," she said. "I appreciate your concern, but don't worry about me, oppa. You're already busy enough."

     "I can always prioritize," he replied. "Anything for a friend."

"So, I'm a friend now?" she asked.

      "What? Oh...oh, mianhe (sorry)," he said. "That was a bit too..."

She smiled. "No, it's perfectly fine," _________ said, quickly writing her number on his hand. "I hope to hear from you soon, oppa," she said, bowing, and walking off.

     "Hmm. A girl with chutzpah. Peaceful as an angel, but as sneaky as a fox. I like it," he smirked as he watched her walk away before he headed back inside.

     "Call her, now," a voice startled Heechul.

"Siwon, really? We just met."

     "Two days ago. You like her, hyung. Aske her out," Siwon said.

"I...well. She is pretty."

     Siwom smirked. "That's what I thought."

"And kind, caring, nice legs," Heechul continued.

     "Woah, woah. Save it for _________, tiger."

1 day later

     "Do I look alright, hyung?" Heechul asked Leeteuk  as he flattened the collar on his shirt.

"You look great," he replied. "Now, go pick her up," Leeteuk smiled.

      After driving to the apartment building, Heechul headed up to _________'s apartment and knocked on the door.

As _________ opened the door, he tried to contain his surprise. Her hair was pulled back in a low bun, showing her long neck,  she wore a checkered skirt that fell a few inches above her knee, Doc Martens, and a red shirt to match.

     "Annyeong, oppa," she greeted.

"He-hello," Heechul stuttered. "You look nice."

     "Thank you. You look great, too," she said, playing with the brim of the green fedora hat she had given. "You're still wearing the hat? I have to say, though, it did bringout your eyes during your last broadcast," she said.

     He smiled. "I guess that's just how much I like it. I don't normally wear things like this, but it's really cool. Are you ready?"

_________ nodded. "Ne (yes), oppa. I am."

     Since it was later in the day, Heechul and _________ went to see a movie. 

_________ looked a bit uneasy as they walked into the theater that would be showing a horror movie.

     "Guess I won't be sleeping tonight," she groaned. "So many nightmares."

"It's okay. if you need to, you can just grab my hand," Heechul told her.

     She became indignant. "Are you saying I can't handle the movie?" she said.

"No, but this series of movies does get pretty freaky. I hear it's based off a true story," he said.

     "Lovely," _________ replied.

"Lock your doors," he teased.

     They were both kind of surprised at how open and natural they were being with each other, especially since they had only met two days before. The theater grew dark as they took their seats.

    "There sure is a lot of blood," _________ commented as the murder themes grew stronger.

"Look away if you have to," Heechul replied.

     A few seconds later, a man with a bloody chainsaw came onto the screen, making everyone in the audience jump, and practically making _________ leap into Heechul's arms. He laughed a bit,but began to feel her shake violently a few seconds later. 

     "_________, are you okay?" he asked nervously.

"I...I don't know, oppa," she struggled, trying not to cry.

     Heechul wrapped his arms tightly around her. "It's almost over," he said. "Do you want to leave?"

"No," she replied. "Horror movies have been my biggest fear for my entire life, and I don't care if it makes me look like a baby. But tonight, I think I can overcome that fear with you."

     "I'm proud of you," he said, rubbing her back. 

"It's not real. It's just a movie," _________ kept repeating to herself.

       "You were very brave, _________," Heechul commented as they were leaving the theater.

"I treid, Heechul. I was afraid I wouldn't make it through, but you helped me. I have to admit, though, I probably looked really stupid freaking out in there."

     He shook his head. "Everybody has a fear that they hide, whether they want to admit it or not. it takes a strong person to confront their fears head-on."

"Oppa, you were so brave for me when you publically defended me, so I decided that I was going to be brave for you. You helped me overcome this," _________ said.

      Heechul smiled. "Well, facing your fears has to be tiring. So, why don't we get you home?"

"Alright. That sounds great," she replied.

     A few minutes later, they pulled up to _________'s apartment building. For the whole drive they had had their fingers intertwined.

"Goodnight, _________," Heechul said. "Thank you for going out with me."

     "Goodnight to you, too, and thank you for letting me come with you," she replied. As _________ was about to get out, she stopped and hugged Heechul.

"Oppa, can we stay like this for a moment?" she asked.

     "We can stay like this for as many moments as you want," Heechul said, breathing in her scent. He felt his heart race while he felt a strong sense of peace wash over him. _________ his hands and began to play with his fingers.

     They backed out of the hug, only to be drawn into each other's eyes, thus causing them to engage in a sweet, passionate kiss. 

_________ closed her eyes, running her hands through his hair. Heechul wrapped his arms around her shoulders, bringing her head closer to his with his hands. After about half a minute, they left the kiss for air.

     "Wow," was all that _________ could huff out.

"I guess you're really tired now," Heechul grinned.

     "Ne (yes), I'm going to sleep very well tonight. No nightmares for me," she laughed after catching her breath. "Good night," she said, tousling his hair.

"What? Oppa can't get one more kiss?" Heechul whined.

     "Araso (alright), I suppose so," _________ said before pecking him on the lips.

"Bye bye," she waved, popping an aegyo face. 

     Heechul had enjoyed the kiss, but it was the aegyo that he had truly been waiting for.

"Huh, aegyo looks good on you," he said, giving her an aegyo face.

     "So, I guess if you're the aegyo king, I'll have to be your queen," she said.

"That sounds perfect. Now, my queen needs to get some sleep. Goodnight, _________," he said.

     "Goodnight, my king," she smiled before leaving.

 

And that is the story of how our aegyo king found a fair maden to rule the kingdoms of cuteness alongside him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh goodness... second fluff-shot. I'm sorry if it was cheesy/lame/boring/long-winded. Kim Heechul is one of my biases. Sorry for any typos and whatnot. I'll hopefully be fixing those soon. Thanks for reading, and if you liked it, feel free to comment/subscribe/do both.

~Rachael