I Won't Go Home Without You

I Won't Go Home Without You - A Daragon Songfic

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4jFVPsTEfM&NR=1

Listen to it while reading, okay? ^_^

the song lyrics are in this font :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

G.D. POV~

I asked her to stay…

Or at least, I thought. It was only in my head that I was screaming, but my body wouldn’t cooperate and no words were uttered.

But she wouldn’t listen…

I know she wouldn’t even heed my thoughts. She’s a strong-willed girl. It’s one of the many things I love about her.

She left before I had the chance to say

The words that would mend the things that were broken…

“I love you” were the words I know she was longing to hear. Surely, she’ll come around. It’s not every day I say it…technically, I never have. Unfortunately, she just turned sharply on her heels and smiled at me. I deeply sighed, and tears welled up at the thought of loosing someone so precious to me.

But now it’s far too late

She’s gone away…

Sandara already packed her things the night before, as she told me. Her flight to Manila was early in the morning, about 5 am. And I woke up early to convince her. It’s a far cry, seeing her car zoom past me in this cold, autumn morning.

Every night you cry yourself to sleep…

I cried helplessly that day and slept my way out of depression. My dreams were of her, though. Turns out I can’t escape reality just like that.

Thinking“Why does this happen to me?”; “Why does every moment have to be so hard?”

You’d think I saw this coming. But it took loosing the one I value most in this world to open my eyes and know that I’d have to man up and actually say that I love her. We’re not in a relationship yet, so maybe that’s why I’m such a coward. But I promise to tell her. That’s easier said than done, I guess. I’m not the type for this kind of stuff.

Hard to believe that

It’s not over tonight

Just give me one more chance to make you mine…

That chance will not just come to me, I’ll earn it.

“TOP, book me a flight to Manila today,” I spoke calmly into my phone.

“What for? And, dude. Do you know that most of the flights are fully booked?”

“You have connections! Make it happen. I promise to pay you back.”

“Fine, I’ll do my best. I’ll send you the ticket via mail if I ever get one,” and with that, he hung up.

I may not make it through the night…

This is the most stupid and hardest thing I think I’ve ever done- leaving like this. If I won’t make it tonight, it’s for a good cause. I’m coming for you, Dara.

I won’t go home without you.

The taste of her breath, I’ll never get over.

The noises that she made kept me awake…

The sounds of her crying inspire insomnia. I left once to pursue a music career, but that was put on hold. I missed her so much. Do you think she’ll miss me too?

The weight of things that remained unspoken

Built up so much it crushed us everyday…

To keep that secret hidden, I mostly didn’t tell her much, for fear that she wouldn’t reciprocate the same feelings.

Dara POV~

GD was being secretive, and I’m starting to think I was this repulsive monster for him to avoid me so much. And telling him ‘I love you’ like I did didn't help at all.

Every night you cry yourself to sleep

Thinking “Why does this happen to me? ”; “Why does every moment have to be so hard?”

Every moment was indeed hard. When you fall in love with your best friend, it starts to get unimaginably awkward.

GD POV~

 Hard to believe that

It’s not over tonight

Just give me one more chance to make you mine…

This plane ride might be the longest I’ve taken in a long time. The wait was ticking on my nerves. But then my thoughts wandered on what I’ll say once I’ve found her. In no time, we touched down in Manila.

 I may not make it through the night…

I won’t go home without you.

Remembering the address she told me about before, I navigated the streets pretty well. Before I knew it, I was at their house. The exact same that was in her pictures.

Stepping onto their front porch, I hear her mom ask her to take the trash out. And before I could knock, she opened the door, her face painted with shock, and a hint of delight glistening in her eyes.

It’s not over tonight

Just give me one more chance to make you mine…

 “Hi,” I smiled. The script I made on the plane ride was tossed out the window.

She dropped the plastic bags she was holding and pulled me in a tight embrace. I hugged her back.

I may not make it through the night…

I won’t go home without you.

“I came hear to tell you...I love you too,” I said, nuzzling into her hair.

She pulled back, eyes wide in shock.

Of all the things I felt

But never really shown…

“I’ve felt this for a long time to be honest,” I mumbled. “I’m just too much of a coward to tell you.”

“You? Afraid? I never thought those two words would mix” she joked.

Perhaps the worst is that I ever let you go

“You should’ve stayed in Korea. The place is so much of a wreck without you,” I smiled.

She was staring into my eyes like that day we first met. And I was overwhelmed with happiness at the sight of this.

I leaned down to peck her lightly on the cheek. Then, she s her arms around my neck and pulled me closer and kissed me more passionately.

I shouldn’t have let you go, oh oh…

“It was a huge mistake leaving,” she breathed. “I was confused as to why you didn’t talk to me anymore, so I went away.

“Never. Do that. Again,” I strained every word, intending on making a point.

She smiled that wonderful smile of hers. It never fails to make my day.

 

It’s not over tonight

Just give me one more chance to make you mine…

I may not make it through the night…

I won’t go home without you.

“If you do, I WILL find you,” And then I pulled her in another kiss. This was heaven right here, and telling her the truth felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

It’s not over tonight

Just give me one more chance to make you mine…

I may not make it through the night…

I won’t go home without you.

“Come inside, meet my family! They’re just inside,” she motioned for me to come in.

I won’t go home without you.

“Sure,” I agreed.

Who knew? I might actually stay a while.

I won’t go home without you

After all, home is where she is.

I won’t go home without you.