Sequel

Just My Luck

 

And since I love writing about an unlucky Jiyong so much I made a little sequel. I present to you their first date. :D

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It’s just a date. Just a date. Just a simple little mindless date. Just a little oh-my-god-things-could-go-terribly-wrong date.

 

Jiyong had been up all night with multiple unimaginable thoughts of what could happen with his date with Seunghyun that evening. Or more like what could happen to Seunghyun. And it has been eating him up and stressing him ever since.

 

Seunghyun was already risking his dear life by spending a lot of time with him these past couple of weeks and when one visit to the restaurant Seunghyun suddenly dropped the ball on him and asked him for a date, just for a second he considered declining it. Who wouldn’t when you’re Kwon Jiyong?

 

But with a couple of smirked glances and playfully raised eyebrows that Jiyong totally adores, he eventually folded and said yes.

 

For a couple of days, Jiyong had probably done every embarrassing thing possible at the restaurant, from slipping on the newly mopped floor knocking one of the waiters down with him to accidentally spilling his hot coffee on Seunghyun’s work clothes.

 

But Seunghyun would always immediately just laugh it off, to his amusement he would say that being with Jiyong was the highlight of his boring day because in his own words ‘You’re just so unpredictable.’

 

But right now, Jiyong’s predicting that his date with Seunghyun could make or break their steady ongoing relationship. Not that they were in a relationship but in Jiyong’s mind they were. Weeks after they had met that rainy night, Jiyong couldn’t be happier. That big gummy smile would always pop up whenever the thought of spending the slow evening sitting on their spot in Seunghyun’s little restaurant comes up. He just can’t help it, he’s just that hopelessly in love. Call him delusional but it was the truth.

 

The unlucky little man nervously walked back and forth in his bedroom. Piles of clothes were thrown everywhere, he had taken all of his best clothes out and somehow in his tiny little head, they all morphed into a bunch of ugly rags. None of them felt just right. And Jiyong was having a panic attack.

 

It was half past six outside and Seunghyun could come any minute now with a promise to take him out for a night out. It was simple. But in Jiyong’s case, nothing was never so simple.

 

“ …” Jiyong chanted as he dived in once again at the pile of clothes.

 

The young man didn’t even know where they were going, so how else was he suppose to know what to wear? Should he were something fancy like a classic coat and tie? Of something casual like a sweater and a good pair of jeans?

 

“Oh God oh God oh God…” Jiyong paced, the only thing that progressed was the change of words to curse out.

 

A sudden spurt of vibration from his pocket jolted the mindless man to a holt. He knew it, he knew that was Seunghyun. With trembling fingers he took his phone out of his back pocket and slid the unlock, and true to that there was a message from Seunghyun.

 

On my way there. It said.

 

And that did it, Jiyong screamed in panic, arms and feet flailing.

 

“Oh no, . Oh God. .” He bolted straight towards his bathroom bringing with him the most simple clothes he could find, a baby blue v neck sweatshirt and white denim pants. Simple and clean.

 

Why didn’t he think of that before?

 

A few minutes of fumbling with the sweatshirt, he finally pulled it over his head and his upper body. Nodding towards the image he saw of himself on the mirror, he moved on to the pants. And as usual, just when he got one foot through that tight opening, the door bell ringed.  In a panic Jiyong rushed to put his other foot through, his pinky toe got caught in the hem of the jeans, unbalancing himself and before he knew it, his had already contacted with the floor.

 

Why was he putting on pants standing up? He should know better.

 

Another ring was heard.

 

“Wait just a sec! I’m coming!” Jiyong shouted from the bathroom, gathering himself up from the floor ignoring the pain on his lower back.  He didn’t even think twice about anything else, as soon as he had his zipper up he ran towards his front door, tripping and stumbling in the process.

 

“Hey.” Jiyong smiled when he opened the door, totally unprepared for what was in store for him.

 

“Hey.” Seunghyun smiled back, and for a second, Jiyong heart ceased beating. What stood in front of him wasn’t the restaurant owner anymore that he got used to; Seunghyun replaced those white work clothes with a plain white shirt under a dark black designer jacket. He looked much much older and mature than what Jiyong was used to yet still the same old cat grin on that perfect face.

 

The other man stared at him for a while before his lips moved.

 

“Are you ready?” Seunghyun asked tilling his head a little to the side, just a simple tilt of the head but it already got Jiyong’s heart beating on overdrive.

 

“Uhm…” His mind also stopped functioning for a moment there. “..Y-yeah. Let me just lock the place.”

 

Without a word he hurriedly went through his entire one bedroom apartment and checked everything that needed to be checked, pulling plugs here and there. The last thing he needs was going back to a burnt place because of unattended plugs.

 

And just before he was about to go out, he spotted his black scarf draped over the couch. Since it was almost night out, might as well use it. So he brought it along with him wrapping it snugly around his neck.

 

“Hi.” Jiyong said again as he closed his door, Seunghyun didn’t even need to ask why there were more than two locks on Jiyong’s door.

 

“Let’s go?” Seunghyun reached out to grab his hand and Jiyong reacted to it like a magnet, fingers twirling against the other’s, gripping firmly to up as much warmth as possible. And Jiyong inwardly smiled at that, he was proud that they were just right for each other, like Seunghyun was that single missing piece of a complicated puzzle that was Jiyong. And he’s happy that he had found him.

 

“Where are you taking me?” Jiyong suspiciously asked as they walked down the sidewalk towards a car park nearby thinking they were on their way to Seunghyun’s car.

 

“It’s a surprise.” Seunghyun smirked, looking down at Jiyong’s confused face.

 

“You know I don’t do well with surprises.” Jiyong muttered, involuntarily pouting. “Remember the last time you surprised me? I freaked out and I punched you in the face.” He added guiltily.

 

“Yeap, but at least I got to see the caring side of you when you accompanied me to the hospital.” Seunghyun grinned so gently that Jiyong’s legs were slowly turning into gelatin.  

 

They rounded a corner and Jiyong was shocked that his legs indeed just stopped working.

 

“Wait. What?” Jiyong stammered, as what he thought to be a compact car turned out to be a huge black motorcycle that for Jiyong it had death written all over it.

 

“It’s my ride.” Seunghyun snickered, walking towards the two wheeled vehicle, he clutched the handles, swung his foot to straddle on it and turned the engine to life. Immediately the growl of the engine echoed on the empty parking lot and sent shivers down Jiyong’s spine.

 

Clearly, Seunghyun wasn’t getting the point here. How many times does Jiyong have to say that him and a set of wheels was not a good combination.

 

“I don’t think this is a good idea, Seung..” Jiyong whimpered on the spot, fear was eminently seen on his face.

 

An understanding sigh answered him as Seunghyun’s dropped the stand on the motorcycle and jumped off of it.

 

“Scared?” Seunghyun asked with a soothing voice, eyebrows furrowing in concern.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? We talked about this, Seung. I’m not.. I don’t want to risk getting you hurt.” Jiyong admitted as Seunghyun made his way towards him.

 

“And why would I get hurt?”

 

“You know why.” Jiyong whined shoulders slumped down in guilt.

 

“Hey..” Seunghyun was merely centimeters away from him when he took hold of his hand and gently squeezed it.

 

“I’m lucky remember? Nothing would happen to me.. or to us.” Seunghyun grinned, obviously trying to make the atmosphere around them lighter.

 

And it did. A little breathless chuckle was what replied to him.

 

“You’re hopeless.” Jiyong smiled back.

 

“Now come on, just hold on to me. I promise it would be okay.”

 

Jiyong could only nod to show that he trusted Seunghyun but what he didn’t trust was himself. Hopefully, Seunghyun was right again this time.

 

They walked towards what Jiyong called the ‘two wheeled motorcycle of doom’ and truth be told it was actually marvelous. Immediately Jiyong could imagine the amount if work, time and, of course, money spent on it. And every part of it screamed Seunghyun’s name.

 

“Wow.” Jiyong was in awe of it all that he didn’t realized that Seunghyun was shoving a helmet on his face.

 

“Wear this please.” Seunghyun said, placing the helmet snugly over Jiyong’s head. After, he too put on a helmet of his own and jumped right back on his motorcycle.

 

Jiyong reluctantly, after a few more encouragement from Seunghyun, jumped on the motorcycle, arms hurryingly circling around the older man.

 

“Just hold on tight, babe, and don’t let go.”

 

And after that they were off, with Jiyong’s mind off somewhere in the universe boggling about Seunghyun innocently slipping the word babe.

 

It was the perfect distraction.

 

~~~

 

“Seung, did you really have to?” Jiyong asked uneasily, eyeing the exquisite interior design of the five star restaurant that Seunghyun managed to squeeze themselves in. Apparently, being a fellow restaurant owner, you could do that even in short notice.

 

“Do you like it?” Seunghyun asked from across their table, looking amused at whatever the younger would do. And right now, Jiyong was gaping, with his mouth open.

 

“This is…. I mean… I can’t..” No matter what the words would just get stuck down his throat. The place was just marvelous, no words were needed to describe how high end the place was.

 

“You should have told me! I would have dressed up in something fancier…” Jiyong whined yet again, starring at his clothes.

 

“Don’t worry about that.” Seunghyun laughed. “I don’t look right for the part too.”

 

“That’s not what I meant.. I…”

 

“Ji..” Seunghyun comforted, reaching a hand out to grab the other’s nervous one. “Don’t forget, these people know me. They don’t give a damn about what we wear. Now, let’s just enjoy our first date, okay?”

 

With that, Seunghyun let go and waited patiently for Jiyong’s reply, looking at him with complete understanding and warmth. And Jiyong felt it, he felt it right down to his bones.

 

“Fine, you win..”

 

A few minutes later, their table were filled with various gourmet masterpieces that Jiyong can’t even pronounce right without looking like a complete idiot, which by the way made Seunghyun laugh. So it was practically a good thing. There were multiple spoons and forks in different sizes all used for different purposes. There was even a little flat candle floating in a transparent cup filled with water giving out fresh scented roses in the air. It was beautiful.

 

And amazingly enough everything was going smoothly.

 

For Jiyong it felt like they were still at Seunghyun’s restaurant talking like they’ve known each other before. Seunghyun still kept making him smile, that smile Seunghyun once called his favorite. And Jiyong kept stealing glances at the other, obviously looking away when he got caught. Seunghyun was playful while he was shy, the perfect combination. Seunghyun kept making lame jokes while Jiyong laughed at their lameless rather than the actual joke itself.

 

Once again, Jiyong found himself lost in their own little world that he didn’t even see the disaster that was coming.

 

During one of their conversations, Seunghyun stared at the other quite suspiciously and Jiyong looked back at him with one eyebrow raised.

 

“What is it?” Jiyong cautiously asked.

 

And that’s when Seunghyun playfully dragged his feet teasingly up Jiyong’s legs from under the clothed table.

 

And as expected of our little unlucky boy, he jerked up, a hand flailing ahead knocking his own glass of water spilling its contents towards the person responsible for everything, Seunghyun.

 

“Oh !” Like a reflex, Jiyong stood up bending over their little table, hand grabbing whatever it could to use to wipe Seunghyun’s now stained shirt.

 

“I am so sorry.” Jiyong panickly said, both hands working now.

 

“Ji, it’s okay.” But Jiyong seemed to have gone deaf at the moment, only focused on one goal: getting Seunghyun’s shirt clean.

 

And as predicted, things just only got worse from there. Without him knowing, the scarf he was wearing hovered dangerously close to that little floating candle.

 

And yes, you guessed it, it caught on fire.

 

“Jesus Christ! Jiyong!” Seunghyun yelled as he saw those red and yellow flames at the end of the younger’s scarf. On impulse, he stood up, legs hitting the table causing a few utensils fall loudly on the polished floor and forcefully seizing the slowly burning scarf. With much force he threw it on the floor and stomped it with his very expensive silver studded leather boots.

 

When a small puff of smoke erupted under Seunghyun’s foot, that’s when Jiyong realized that he just stood there staring blankly at what was happening.

 

Even when Seunghyun was in front of him, shaking him a little asking if he was okay, he couldn’t answer. Not a single muscle dared to move except for those working overtime on his panic driven heart. He has done it this time.

 

Only when he heard the loud angry voice of the restaurant owner that’s when he moved.

 

“What the hell is going on here?!” A man dressed in pure white tux, marched his heavy weight shoes towards their table, catching everyone’s attention excluding those who had already been watching from the beginning.

 

“Seungri! My old friend.” Seunghyun immediately started to work his charm. “Just a little accident, nothing to worry about.” He said.

 

“Just a little accident?! Hyung, you know you’re my friend right but this.. this is my restaurant. We can’t have accidents like happening, I mean, look at this mess..” Seungri sighed, a hand pointing at the ruckus on the floor. Spoons, forks and even a small ceramic plate were scattered on the floor with bits and pieces of food all over. And not to mention the now slightly torched scarf tainting the floor.

 

And just when Seunghyun was about to say something wise again, Jiyong did something he had been doing for years now.

 

Jiyong turned to the owner and bowed down, ninety degrees.

 

“I am so sorry, Sir. Please let me pay for all the damages I have caused. It was all my fault, Seunghyun did nothing wrong. Please, Sir. I’m sorry..” Jiyong pleaded.

 

“Jiyong, you don’t have to..” Seunghyun butted in but Seungri thought otherwise.

 

 “Aiist.,” Seungri huffed, stomping his foot from rage.

 

“Seungri, come on. Let us off the hook, you know me.” Seunghyun said.

 

“Hyung, you know I love you but this is something else. I’m sorry, but I’ll treat you like any other customer. You have caused trouble and have disturbed the other customers. I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” Seungri said, with finality in his voice.

 

“Oh whatever. Come on, Ji. Let’s not stay in this dump.” Seunghyun hastily, grabbed hold of Jiyong’s hand who’s still bowing a full ninety degrees and half dragged the younger out.

 

“This place charges too much anyway.” Seunghyun muttered loud enough for the close customers to hear. Smirking as some of them nodded in approval.

 

Once they made it through the doors and the cold evening wind welcomed them both, Seunghyun turned towards the direction of his parked motorcycle, hand still holding on to Jiyong’s stiff one.

 

However, in Jiyong’s little mind, things were going crazy. This is been the most embarrassing thing he had ever done and he even made Seunghyun look bad in front of everyone. Guilt and embarrassment ran through his entire body that all of his senses had stopped working.

 

Suddenly, his chest clenched at the thought of what Seunghyun must have thought about it all. He’s done it now, Seunghyun had been patient with him, been so considerate and so understanding, maybe he’s fed up with him now that he’s realize that he’s nothing but a complete nuisance. Seunghyun’s probably sick and tired of him now, he thought.

 

When they reached the motorcycle, Seunghyun eventually let go of his hold and turned around to face the younger one and Jiyong was preparing for it. He was preparing for the heartbreak and the depression that always came after every encounter with love. He knew that it was too good to be true, no one could ever last this long with him.

 

Jiyong was lost in his world that he didn’t even felt Seunghyun’s warm calloused hands cupped his cold cheeks.

 

“I know what you’re thinking, stop it.” Seunghyun smiled down on him, Jiyong had to blink a couple of times before he could catch up with what was happening.

 

“Seung… I…” Jiyong started but Seunghyun cut him off by shaking his head.

 

“If you say you’re sorry again I’m going to blow my head off. It’s not your fault, it was mine okay? I shouldn’t have startled you with what I did in the first place.”

 

“But Seung, it’s not..”

 

“Shut it, Ji.” Seunghyun said with so much understanding that it’s making Jiyong feel like he’s floating in air.

 

“It’s not your fault.” Seunghyun said again. “Now let’s go and finish our date, okay?”

 

Jiyong in a breath as a familiar warmth so powerful and strong radiated from Jiyong’s heart spreading it to every vein in his body. It was Seunghyun’s warmth again filling him up and taking him to places he has never been. His heart swelled at the thought that Seunghyun was still with him. He was still sticking with him despite everything that has happened. Despite him being who he was. Seunghyun was still there.

 

“You don’t hate me?” Jiyong blurted out before he could even process what he just said.

 

“No, of course not. Why would you think that?” Seunghyun replied almost instantly, finally letting go of his hold of Jiyong’s cheeks and starting up the motorcycle again.

 

“I’m just thinking that maybe you’re tired of me, of taking care of me all the time.” Jiyong’s cheeks flushed at what he said but he just had to know.

 

Seunghyun signaled the younger to hop in behind him before he answered him.

 

Jiyong obediently put on his helmet and jumped on the motorcycle again clinging on to the other more tightly that he did before.

 

“Even though these things you call bad luck happen most of the time. I don’t hate them, or you for that matter.” Jiyong dropped his head at Seunghyun’s shoulders to listen to him more closely. “It’s actually really fun dealing with it you know, you’re always so unpredictable and it’s amazing how you capture me every single time.”

 

Jiyong’s arms tightened around Seunghyun.

 

“And I love that about you. I love to always keep reminding you that there’s always something better in life, not just bad luck. I love being that man who calms you down, who gets you back on track, who you look for whenever something bad happens. Call it selfish or whatever but I like it.”

 

Jiyong had to bite his lower lip to prevent himself from smiling to wide. Seunghyun did it again, he always manages to bring out the most brightest and biggest of Jiyong’s smiles so effortlessly that’s its unfair.  

 

“Does that answer all the questions in your little head?” Seunghyun asked as he revved up the vehicle.

 

Jiyong couldn’t do anything but nod again his shoulder blades.

 

“Good.”

 

Seunghyun started to drive and Jiyong didn’t even care where they were going this time, as long as he’s with Seunghyun everything would be okay. Everything would be just fine, knowing that his knight in shining armor would always jump in whenever he needed him.

 

And he would always need him.

 

“And besides..” Seunghyun shouted as their surroundings turned into blurred beautiful colors and the wind was in their faces. “I love the face you make every time you mess up.”

 

“Yaaah!” Jiyong retaliated back. Yet underneath that helmet, his smile was brighter than the sun.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

You guys can thank my insomnia for this, it's exactly 3:25 AM here and I'm still wide awake hahaha. Oh and yeah, follow my twitter please? I wanna meet all of you even if it's just through tweets  :)