To Know Someone New

To Give Hope

disclaimerrrrrrrr (kinda lazy to write haha)


 

[3rd Person's POV]

 

The noise of wheels screeching loudly against the cold floor jarred Dara awake as she shaked her sleepiness away.

 

"Sandara," her nurse, Mdm Kim, said kindly, "you have someone new to stay with you in this room again."

 

Dara smiled, her eyes closed so that her long eyelashes brushed against the top of her cheekbones. "You won't feel so lonely any more, I hope," the elderly woman continued as she bustled around. "And you're a lucky girl, you've got a stud sleeping right next to you! Good looking indeed- strong feature, smooth skin, and very nice lips."

 

Snorting in laughter, the girl on the bed grinned, "Now, Mdm Kim, you know looks don't matter to me. I go more for the heart."

 

"I know dear, I know," Mdm Kim replied and patted Dara's hand which laid folded demurely on top of the blankets. "I'll be back soon to prop you up to drain your fluids. The boy is sleeping because he woke up after the operation and put up quite a fight. He's under meds now, but should be waking up soon."

 

"Okay."

 

"And just to warn you, he can be a little... difficult. But if anyone can break through his barrier, it'd probably be you." With that, Mdm Kim exited the room quietly.

 

Difficult? Dara thought as her eyes narrowed.

 

"Ugh, what the hell?"

 

"Hello," Dara said nervously.

 

"Who the are you?" The boy fired out angrily, "did you abduct me? Kidnap me? Sorry, but I don't have any money and I doubt my parent's ing care, so why don't you just send me back right now and I'll let you live."

 

Taken aback, Dara was incredulous and rolled her eyes.

 

More like impossible.

 

"Welcome to Kim Junseul's Hospital for the critically injured," she started sweetly. "It appears you're actually in a nice bed, with good air-conditioning and thick blankets. Therefore, you are not kidnapped, but merely lying on a hospital bed."

 

"Why you little-"

 

Before he could continue, the door swung open to reveal a few doctors and nurses. The two occupants instantly quieted. The first was Mdm Kim, who chuckled when she reached Dara's bedside. "Aggravating you already?" She asked as she pressed some buttons to make her bed start to rise.

 

"You have no idea," Dara murmured back, lying still so that her nurse could hook her up to the machinery easily.

 

*** ***

 

Not far away, a doctor pinched his nose as he dealed with his stubborn teen.

 

"Bring me home," the guy snapped, not answering the doctor's questions.

 

Oh just hurry up already! "Kwon Jiyong, yes?"

 

"Yes."

 

Finally.

 

"So how are you feeling right now, Jiyong?"

 

"Like crap."

 

Trying to hold in his anger, the doctor continued. "Pain in legs?"

 

"No.'

 

"Arms? Body?"

 

"No."

 

"What about your neck? And head? Any signs of headaches or ringing in your ears?

 

"My neck feels a bit ache-ish, and I guess, my head feels like it's spinning around. Dizzy. No ringing in my ears though." Jiyong replied, wincing as his neck throbbed with pain when he shifted around.

 

His doctor hummed thoughtfully. "Feeling dizzy is probably because of your reactions to the drugs we gave you earlier. You started thrashing around suddenly, yelling incoherently, so we gave you a dose of drugs to shut you down. It's just your body reacting to the drug."

 

"Anyway, do you remember why you're here?"

 

"I got into an accident, then lost consciousness. When I woke up, I was already here." Jiyong said shortly, clearly not wanting to elaborate and his doctor took the hint.

 

"Okay... Any family members you wish to notify of your stay here?"

 

"No," came the quick reply. "But... how long would I be here?"

 

"Because of you accident, your neck actually twisted the wrong way, damaging it quite badly in the process. The time is not confirmed as it depends on the speed of your recovery. We're afraid that you may end up twisting it again, because your muscles there are quite weak, so you are to be in bed resting until further notice. Also, do try not to move your head to the side unless necessary." Finished, the doctor finally looked up to meet Jiyong's hard eyes, and snapped his file close. "Well that's it. See you tomorrow."

 

Jiyong nodded slightly. Giving him one last glance, his doctor left.

 

*** ***

 

"So... What's your name?"

 

Her eyes blinked in disbelief. "Sandara Park. Dara for short. If you want to come with other nicknames, please don't call me Sandy. It brings back... memories."

 

"Why do you want to know?" Dara asked curiously after a pause.

 

"If I'm going to be stuck here for hell knows how long, I might as well just know the person I'm stuck with, right?"

 

Well, hmph to you too. "You?"

 

"Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong." He said curtly. "I don't go for nicknames, so don't start calling me stuff like, Ji-poo baby or something." He shuddered horrified as he remembered what his ex-girlfriend used to call him. Dara laughed from her position on her bed. "Ji-poo baby?"

 

"Don't remind me," he groaned. "Life's bad enough."

 

"Why?"

 

"It just is. Everyone hates me. My life ." Sighly sadly, albeit a little angrily, Jiyong clammed up. "None of your business though."

 

At this, Dara perked up. "Huh? Why'd anyone not like you? Other than your horrible manners, pig-like looks, whiny voice?"

 

"None of your business," he repeated, rolling his eyes.

 

"Right..." Dara trailed off. I'll dig it out from him somehow.

 

"This is so boring, man. What do you do all day sitting around here?" The boy whined. "This position is killing me."

 

"I've been here for a long time already, and... I only get to sit up once a day for like an hour, so..." she shrugged. "Nothing much."

 

", I'm so unlucky," Jiyong muttered to himself, "Nothing ever goes right for me."

 

Hearing this, Dara perked up. "Well, I do have this wonderful window beside my bed. I can't look out of it whenever I'm lying down, but since I'm propped up now... I can."

 

"Lovely," he said, sarcasm evident in his tone. "Because I can totally see it! I mean, lying down on my bed and not allowed to turn my head, sure! I totally see it."

 

"Oh shush you big baby," Dara chided gently. "I can describe it to you."

 

"Fine."

 

Rolling her eyes but secretly grinning inside, Dara started. "Well, our room has this amazing view outside. We can see a park, and it's really close too. There're lots of nice trees that are so tall that sometimes I think I'd be able to touch them from here- but of course not. The most beautiful flowers grow there too, their colours so bright and vivid I can see them all the way here."

 

As she spoke, her heart began to lift, as did her small smile.

 

"There's this huge lake in the middle of the park. Swans and many other birds often go there to splash around. Ducks can be seen there as well, and people often bring bread to feed them. Lots of people go to this park, actually. And I'm glad, for without this, my life would have been dull and boring. Hope to continue can be found anywhere, if you'd just look carefully."

 

Is there a double meaning to that? Jiyong wondered...

 

As Dara continued rambling, he tuned her out, choosing to focus on the timbre and the lilt of her words instead.

 

Unbeknownst to him, his lips had started to curl up into a smile.

 

 


 

haha, yay! First chapter everyone :)

this should be about 3-4 chapters (or maybe more HEHE). I've calculated everything out so

NO FEAR FOR THOSE WHO WANT SHORT STORIES!

tell me what you think guys!

 

xoxo.