Final.

Words I couldn't say

They were childhood bestfriends.  They spent their joys and sorrows together. He endured all her tantrums, and she endured his stubbornness. He adored her humour, and she adored his beautiful smile. Everything about them seems so perfect, and everyone thought they would make a cute couple. But they weren’t on that stage.

 

“Yah, Lee Minhyuk. You lose!” She cooed, Minhyuk scratches the back of his head as he places the controller on the floor. “Cheater.”

 

Her lips formed a pout, her eyes rolling somewhere. “Loser.” He stands up, his face looking a bit serious. He heaves out a sigh, “Joohee.”

 

“It’s Alice.” She corrects him. Alice. It still kept bothering him why she wants that name so suddenly. But he didn’t bother to ask.

 

He smiles, not those kind of smiles he used to show, a smile with hidden sadness behind it. “I’m leaving.”

 

“This is your room.”

 

A moment of silence filled the room. “The country, I mean.” He corrects himself; her smile turns into a sudden frown. She rolled her eyes and turns away from him. “Where to?”

 

“Canada.”

 

She tried to stop her tears from falling, but it just fell in its own, making Minhyuk panic. She was on the floor, crying like a little baby. Fortunately, his parents went out or else they’ll misunderstand this. Minhyuk lets out a soft chuckle as he watched how Joohee cried. He always had liked how she cried. He slowly approaches her, and sits beside her. “Stop crying.”

 

She didn’t stop crying. And instead left him there, dazed and confused.

 


 

She didn’t talk to him for two weeks; she eventually ignored his calls and texts by turning off her phone. He wanted her to set him off in the airport but she didn’t show up. After a few days, she finally turns on her phone. 50 messages from Minhyuk. 100 missed calls from Minhyuk. 6 voice messages from Minhyuk. She sighed, and opened the first voice message.

 

“..Song Joohee, aren’t you going to send me off? You are too mean. Are you busy with your boyfriend that’s why you’re ignoring me. Achoo~ I miss you.”

 

“Song Joohee! Pick up the phone, ireona~”

 

“Song Joohee who was born on the 21st of March, are you dead? No…..”

 

“I”

 

“Love”

 

“You”

 

The last three voice messages made her tear up. Those three words were the words she wanted to say, she was afraid that it will ruin their friendship, and didn’t know they had mutual feelings. But everything is now too late.

 


 

Two months had passed, everything went well for Minhyuk. He was actually popular to Canadian girls, but the loneliness was still him. His days without Joohee’s laughs was like a year without a rain. But he tried to be happy.

 

Joohee tried to move on. But a sudden incident made her turn back to zero. She witnessed a murder case which took her ability to speak away. She was tortured by the murderers and didn’t let her speak nor beg. And a day after they killed her classmate, she was next but thanks to the police arriving she was saved. But her speaking ability didn’t regain.

 

And one year passed by like the spring breeze. Joohee was on her room, reading a book, when Ara arrives with a box of cake on her hands. “Unnie. How are you?” Joohee replies with a nod, “I brought cake.” Ara happily sits on her bed and stares at her.

 

“He’s back.” Ara mutters, making Joohee surprised. Joohee reaches out for her notebook and writes, that’s her only way to express herself. Oh. Really?

 

 


 

Just like her normal days, Joohee walks around the unpopular park they used to visit. Not many people go to this park so Joohee finds it comforting how silent it is here. She sits on the bench where they used to sit, and unknowingly finds herself smiling through the nostalgic memories.

 

“Song Joohee.” A rather familiar voice shouted. Joohee searches for the voice, and finds Lee Minhyuk standing right behind her. His brown had turned into brown, but his smile was still there. She stands up with tears falling from her eyes. He slowly approaches her, “I heard you cannot speak. I was waiting for a year to hear you shout your tantrums but I guess I couldn’t hear it now.” He pouts making Joohee laugh, but her laugh was as silent as ever.

 

He reaches something from his back, a wedding invitation to be exact, he gives it to Joohee. She looks puzzled as she takes the invitation. “I’m getting married.”

 

She fakes a smile and looks down on her shoes. Minhyuk smiles, “Open the invitation and see my wife’s name.”

 

She nodded and opens the invitation; You are invited to Lee Minhyuk & Song Joohee’s wedding. She stares at him with confused eyes, and blinks for a few times. He grins, as he pinched her cheeks. Tears came falling from her beautiful eyes.

 

 

“I love you.” She said in her harmonious voice that was not heard for a year. Minhyuk’s eyes widen, his eyes started to become moist. “You talked.”

 

She lets out a soft chuckle, “I love you. I finally said it.”

 

Minhyuk pulls her for a hug, tears falling from both of their eyes. Minhyuk leans in closer and locks lip with the girl he truly loves. The girl who wanted to say I love you to him, the girl who regains herself thanks to him. And now standing in front of her, is the man who was and still loves her till death.

 


(A/N: Hello! This is my first oneshot. I just felt shipping them because my friend is a hard shipper ORZ. Sorry if it's !! I'm not that good but hope some of you will like it~)