♔ The Beginning

〈 ♔ K&A 71st Annual Hunger Games! [[ Our 3rd tbqh ]]

» chapter one ; the beginning

 

 

                “Annyeong haseyo! I am your MC and main host for the 71st Annual K&A Hunger Games, Shinsadong Squirrel!~” SS clapped her hands happily as she stared into the camera. “Our second main host, Naeunicorn, is being brought in soon, so look forward to seeing her bright and cheery face!” SS held up a cut out of Naeunicorn and continued to smile as she patted her cut out. She loved that cutout.

                “Okaaay, you can let me go now!” Naeunicorn yelled from outside of the host’s station. Melanie threw her cut out in a random direction and spun in her chair as Naeunicorn burst through the door, waddling over to her seat. “I’m baaack! Who missed me?!” Naeunicorn waved at the camera before dodging a flying microwave (thrown by the infamous Krystal ghost herself). After lots of hugging and ugly tears, SS and Naeunicorn finally got back on track with the announcements.

                “Previous years we had Tia, of 12, and D.O, of 2, win. Who’s looking forward to this year’s winner?” Naeunicorn shouted, flailing her arms; the tissues stuck up her nose almost fell out.

                “ME!”

                “Let’s not forget who lost their lives in last year’s Hunger Games,” Naeunicorn continued on, the two of them turning to face a giant screen on the side of the wall as a slideshow of the 70th’s tributes appeared. Last year had more than the average number of tributes – since there were backups, there was a bigger number altogether. “My precious SungStal!” Naeunicorn cried ugly tears again, hitting her fists against the table they were seated at. “My Minhyuuuuk!” After SS stuffed several tissues up Naeunicorn’s nose once again, she was alright. Sort of.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

                “Why did they let them out?” Dongwoo spoke up, looking at Tia and Ricky, who stood across the room from him, Luhan, D.O, and Jessica. “How could they let crazies back in as mentors? Shouldn’t they ship them back to their lousy districts?” The previous year, Tia and Ricky (both mentors) were sent to an insane asylum located in a concealed area within the district. Apparently the loss of their tributes made their emotions and state of mind go who-knows-where and they were deemed mentally unstable. This year, they were brought back in without reason or anything. Some of the fellow mentors were beyond pissed off.

                “Your district isn’t the best either,” D.O told him. Dongwoo rolled his eyes and walked away, leaving the four behind. It wasn’t long before Ricky and Tia walked over to them, making Jessica leave as well. She made sure everyone in the world could hear her heels as they stomped against the marble tile.

                “Annyeong~” Tia said happily, waving. Tia was 173 cm in height, so she was as tall as Ricky and almost as tall as D.O. This made D.O want to cry inside.

                “We shouldn’t speak here,” Luhan whispered to the two. “Not where anyone can hear.” Ricky exchanged glances with all of them before nodding.  He was actually pretty confused. The four stood there, quiet for a few moments as they waited to be called back to their tributes, who were getting dressed in fancy outfits and having loads of makeup placed on their faces. Everyone was anxious to see how beautiful each tribute would be.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                “Now, it’s time for our tributes to arrive, dressed in beautiful outfits and looking fantabulous!” SS yelled over the loud speaker, clapping. Some people had to cover their ears since SS and Naeunicorn were usually too loud. And the clapping by the mic didn’t help either. But Naeunicorn did the same and whistled for them. All eyes were soon on the entrance, music began playing and the gates opened revealing the first pair: District 1.

                “District one this year is CL and Jiho!” The two were wearing diamond studded outfits, matching crowns, and high heeled shoes. The two waved at the audience, smiling brightly. Their smiles were very blinding. This made Naeuicorn and SS about faint from their seats; they covered their eyes and hissed instead. Apparently they were snakes. Or vampires.

                “Who turned the lights on so bright?!” Naeunicorn yelled, finally falling out of her seat. “It burns!” She hissed for the next few minutes at the bright smiles of Jiho and CL. SS assumed they had light implanted into their teeth. If that was the new trend of the Capitol, she wasn’t going for it and Naeunicorn sure wasn’t!

                “Next is District two, Ren and Yoonji!” The two had on rusty looking outfits, both had long, blond hair that had been tied up with nail-like clips in it, and every time they waved, their outfits creaked or made an irritating noise. They tried not to wince at this. “Wahh!~ So prettyful!” SS yelled, standing. “Are the bright lights gone?” Naeunicorn whispered loudly to SS. SS nodded and dragged the girl back into her seat and pointed at District two, earning a loud “EW” from her. Apparently the outfits weren’t appealing to the unicorn woman.

                “District three is Jokwon and Hyosung!~” Naeunicorn announced, clapping. The two had on silver, metallic outfits – both looked a bit futuristic, even for their generation. Their makeup was even silver and metallic-y looking (not to mention their skin was painted a metallic colour as well). Both announcers muttered the word “robots” over and over into the microphones, looking like they went into a trance. This was until one of District one’s tributes turned to the District threes and nearly blinded Naeunicorn. She fled from her seat, hissing and wailing like a banshee.

                “District four is Hoya and Dara!” SS announced, clapping – the usual routine for the two announcers. Hoya and Dara were wearing outfits that resembled fish: scaly, shimmering, and multi-coloured. “HAI ERRYBODY!” Hoya shouted, flailing his arms and nearly falling from his chariot. “I’M HOYAAA!” Just then he fell and the music, the cheers, and everything went dead silent. SS stood from her seat, Naeunicorn appeared beside her, the microphone to her lips, she spoke in an eerie voice: Did he die? District four’s mentor, Suho, facepalmed and shook his head. Hoya then leapt up from the ground, flailing more and looking like he was crying and in a state of panic, “I ISH OKAAAAIII!” The music resumed and the audience stayed silent, afraid to cheer anymore. They all awkwardly clapped and smiled; it looked like some were in pain from trying to fake happiness.

                “Umm. Okay! District five’s tributes are Chihoon and Minami!” The audience started cheering again as two aliens entered. The two had on outfits made entirely of wire: the jumpsuits, the shoes, the things on their head and the designs on their faces even resembled wires. “What district is this again? Wire?” Naeunicorn asked SS, looking at her. “No, power.” Naeunicorn looked back at the two tributes and tilted their heads. “Let’s plug them into something after this and see if they work!” The two high fived and nodded. If the entire of Panem’s power went out later that day, it sure wouldn’t be the two announcers faults. Cough. Cough.

                “District six’s tributes are Hyungseok and Hyuna!” The two were dressed in leather outfits, looking like they’d die from lack of oxygen – the outfits must be too tight. One sign of that was the fact the two were tinted purple and blue. Or maybe it was body paint. You never knew with the stylists there. SS covered Naeunicorn’s innocent eyes though. “I wanna seeee!” Naeunicorn whined. Krystal threw a bicycle at the girl. That would be her twentieth concussion of the day.

                “District seven is Joonkyu and Hyunyoung!” The two looked like they were wearing wood and had branches sticking out here and there. Hyunyoung had little flowers sticking on her face, while Joonkyu had vines drawn onto his face. SS finally uncovered Naeunicorn’s eyes and the two awed at the pretty things on the tributes’ faces. “Thank God there are no bees around, because Hyunyoung would bee attracting them,” SS told Naeunicorn, grinning.  Naeunicorn didn’t get it and looked at her for a moment before clapping for the tributes again. SS cried ugly tears that night.

                “District eight’s tributes are Jay Park and Woohee!” The two looked like something puked random designs on them – both their outfits and their faces. The two still smiled and waved anyways, and some crowd members took pictures, in love with their outfits. SS and Naeunciron commented on their outfits quietly, saying something about how the national flag should be made in that design. In twenty years, it was.

                “District nine’s tributes are Seungri and Hara!” Their outfits were made of grain, the pattern intricately made with different grains and positioned to fit together nearly perfect. They wore no shoes though – Naeunicorn assumed they were supposed to represent their people better – though she had no idea who their people were. But the tributes  were also wearing straw hats and their makeup was done in lots of gold, except for Seungri’s. He had black around his eyes. Because he’s a panda.

                “District ten’s tributes are Wooooo~ Kevin and Taeyeon!” Kevin was dressed in cow print while Taeyeon was dressed like a chicken. Naeunicorn and SS especially clapped for them, adoring their outfits.

“Kevin has a tail!”

“Taeyeon has feathers and a beak!”

“OH LOOK! Kevin has a BELL!”

                “Yah! President says to shut up, you two! You’re ruining the announcements!” Suzy, President Juliane’s assistant, yelled at the two from the door. After she left, Naeunicorn and SS started pushing each other, blaming one another for who started it. Krystal threw more random, heavy things at them. Luckily, they didn’t die.

                “District eleven’s tributes are Taejun and Haruuuuuka!” These two were wearing plaid outfits with sparkly lining, cowboy boots – also with sparkly lining – and their hair styled with their districts symbol as clips holding their hair in place. “So sparkly!” SS cooed, pulling on Naeunicorn’s sleeve.

                “District twelve’s tributes are Kwangmin and Ailee!” Their outfits were all black, their makeup dark hues of grays and black, and coal mining hats on their heads that flashed with lights. “Wah! I want one of their hats!” Naeunicorn told SS, smiling wide and creepily. SS nodded.

                As always, the President appeared from thin air and stood at a podium in front of the twenty-four tributes. “Welcome everyone!” She clasped her hands together and stared into each ones’ eyes before looking out into the crowd. “Don’t we have some special tributes this year?” Her eyes lingered over the tributes once again before she looked away. “I’m feeling it~ And I’m feeling good!~”

                “Hey! Everybody!” SS shouted, standing up from her seat and her face appearing behind Juliane on the big screen. The crowd watched.

                “I-I-I-I feel goo-oo-oo-ood! I-I-I-I hey! Everbody!” SS and Naeunicorn began singing, both standing and dancing. “I-I-I-I feel goo-oo-oo-ood! I-I-I-I hey! Everbody!”

                “Hey Say. Need more basses. May Day. Stop and game set. Baby I feel good, yo. Michindeut norajwo deo keuge jijeo dallaguyo!” Juliane began, posing at the end.


“Beat it. Get it. Im so high urikgiri!” Naeunicorn rapped, raising her arms in the air.

I i i i feel.

                “Now I feel good gibun joha! Oneureun dasi oji anha baby!” Juliane sang, posing differently again. SS stood up on the table by Naeunicorn and held up mic to , “Nawa jigeum gibun joha~ jigeumi animyeon andwae I feel good!~”

                “I-I-I-I feel goo-oo-oo-ood! I-I-I-I hey! Everbody!” was sang twice by the audience, announcers, and the President. Everyone rose up and standing dancing the signature dance, moving their arms about.

                Suzy, President Juliane’s assistant, walked into the announcer’s room and grabbed the mic, starting to sing, “Oneul bam Party night nawa hamkke chumeulchwo. A-ha A-ha oh!~ A-ha A-ha! Wait a minute-“ she paused momentarily, Naeunicorn and SS giving curious faces as they stopped, “bamsae dorog na na na na na~”

                Na na na na na

                “Never stop the music oneul kkeutkkaji,” Naeunicorn sang, grabbing SS’s mic. SS grabbed it back, “Please don’t stop the music jeo haneul wiro!”

                The two announcers, the cameraman, and the audience raised their arms in the air, swaying them, “Soneul nop-ideureo i bamui kkeuteul jabgoseo, Oh let me go!”
 

                “Now I feel good gibun joha. Oneureun dasi oji anha baby~ Nawa jigeum gibun joha jigeumi

animyeon andwae~ I feel good good good tonight!~” Hyosung sang from the tributes, dancing.
               
              NA NA NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA (x2)

I I I I feel, goo oo oo ood!

Dasi hanbeon deo, I feel good!

                President Juliane disappeared into thin air after grinning evilly at the tributes. The dancing finally calmed down, as did the singing and the music, and everyone preceded to the ballroom, the eating areas, or their rooms. The two announcers sang continuously, dancing on their table and throwing glitter and gummy bears everywhere. That was surely an entrance to remember.