You're the One

You're the One

Sooyoung waved goodbye to her friends as she stepped out of the classroom. Carrying her books, she visited the locker's hallway so that she can put in all of her unimportant things. She opened her locker and carefully placed her books like how books should be arranged on a bookshelf. After fixing the things inside, she checked the locker's hind door and gently placed her fingers on top of the printed candid shots of her crush, Suho.

"Kim Joonmyun... Suho... Why do you have to be so handsome?" She sighed, touching his printed face as if she's caressing his cheek.

She smiled and closed her locker shut. She locked it with a padlock and made sure that she locked it tight. She was about to leave the place but stopped by the far sight of Suho and his friend slash crush, Yuri. Omona, what to do, what to do? She quickly opened her locker again and meddled with the things inside, but her face was like being inserted inside.  She was trying not to overhear the conversation of the two. Luckily, she was preoccupied by the mere fact that the two were talking a few lockers away from hers. She kept herself hidden from the two until both of them separated. When she heard the two bid their goodbyes, she popped her head out and closed her locker again. This time, I won't fail anymore. She took a deep breath and plastered a gentle smile.

"Suho!" She called, waving her hand up high and walking towards him.

Suho turned his head to her direction and waved back slowly. "Hey there, Soo."

"What's up?"

"Nothing, really," he replied coldly.

She looked at him and tilted her head. "You in a bad mood?"

"I'm actually really happy," he said, shaking his head.

"Doesn't look like you are." She blinked, quite having a hard time figuring out his aura right now. "Are you sure you're okay?"

He nodded, quite annoyed already, but still kept an angelic smile. "Why?"

"Nothing really..." She shook her head. "Since you always seem so sad lately."

He looked at her, completely annoyed. "Sooyoung, I'm fine."

She scratched her nape awkwardly and looked down. "Then I guess you are."

He rolled his eyes in boredom and started tapping his feet. Sooyoung's eyes were kept down as she's trying to think of anything to say next. "Say, uhh..." She paused, playing with her two fingers. "Are you doing anything?"

"Right now?" He checked his wrist watch, trying to keep track of the time. "No."

She panicked mentally again, not knowing what to say next again. "Uhh, would you like to grab something to eat or...drink maybe?" She smiled sheepishly. "Come on! It'll be fun!"

But he just shrugged, kind of bored already. "I don't know..." He looked down. "I just ate with Yuri and I feel full."

She frowned, pouting. "Is that so? How about a walk so that you won't feel full anymore?"

His eyes brightened up as he showed her his angelic smile again. "That would be great."

"Awesome," she smiled, fixing the coat she's wearing. "Let's go?"

He smiled and accompanied her to the gate. Her eyes couldn't leave the view of his beautiful side profile. The time they were walking, all she could ever think of was how Suho—the campus crush, the guy of her dreams—agreed to come with her. It may be a simple thing, but it was like a dream come true to her. They stepped out of the school grounds and continued walking. While walking, the two felt the cold wind passing by them. From the corner of her eye, she could see him freezing a bit. Oh no, he's freezing...

"Damn it, I left my jacket inside the classroom," he hissed, placing his warm palms on his arms, keeping himself warm.

She turned her head to him, frowning. "Here, take this," she said, taking off her coat and placing it on his back. "This can keep you warm."

He fixed the coat that was covering him and looked at her. "Now, you look cold. Let's share." He held on the end of the coat and placed in on top of her back too, making them share. He gently placed his hand around so that she wouldn't feel much cold anymore. 

"Now, we're both warm," she said, looking at the both of them. "I can't believe we can fit on my coat," she laughed.

"I know right. Never thought we'd be this skinny." He laughed along.

"Come, let's walk down the park," she suggested.

"I'd love to," he smiled, squeezing her gently close to him.

She could feel her cheeks heat up like crazy. She never felt this nervous and happy before. It was her first time being close with someone—with her crush, to be exact. She hid her burning cheeks with her palms and kept calm.

She took a glance at him and said, "Just tell me if you're freezing again, alright? Maybe we can stop by a café somewhere near the park and warm up a bit."

He wrapped his arms around her neck, moving her hair aside. "How about if we go now? I'm kind of craving for a hot chocolate. Let's grab the largest size so we can share," he tilted his head, pouting cutely.

"Why aren't you a sweet talker," she laughed hard.

He smiled. "Thank you." He held her close, putting her head on his shoulder and snuggling himself on her hair.

"Sure thing. I think it's near here already." She clung onto him, a bit blushing while making their way inside the café. "Let's go look for a table first before ordering."

He removed the coat off of them and looked around. He gaped quite shyly as he realized how beautiful the café was. The place was not quite small, but not quite big; it was just the right size. There were over-sized chairs around a coffee table. On each table, there were tiny flower vases with tiny flowers planted. The curtains of the shop draped the windows. The aroma of the well-brewed coffee beans completed the refreshing aura of the place. He cocked his head to see a pair of chairs over the window with the lights dangling on top of the table. His eyes lit brightly and decided to approach her.

He tapped her shoulder and said, "What about that table with the dangling lights on top?" Smiling as if it's the best place inside.

"The one with the dangling lights?" She tilted her head. "Right over there?" She points at the table he's eyeing a few minutes ago.

"Just a suggestion," he shrugged. "You choose, if you want to."

"No, it's okay~ You go ahead and choose." She shook her head. "I don't really mind, as long as we can get cozy," she said, going to the cashier. "I'll order the drink, okay?"

He tilted his head, confusingly but cutely. "Okay. I'll sit there since there are more pillows," he laughed. He looked at her again and asked, "Are you sure you'll pay for the drink?"

She nodded from afar. "I'll pay," she winked, making him wink back playfully. "Now, go and sit down. The drink will be with me in a minute." She faced the barista and ordered what her so-called date wanted to have. She received the receipt and sat down by the couches beside the counter, waiting for their order.

He turned his gaze towards her and mouthed, "how long" rubbing his stomach. She mouthed, "wait" while getting the drink from the receiving area. She gave the receipt back to the barista and went to the table with their order.

"Here's the XXL hot chocolate you wanted to order," she laughed, sitting down opposed to his seat.

"Thank you, Soo," he smiled, receiving it. All of a sudden, his gaze turned to the floor.

She noticed that he was looking down. She frowned and leaned over. "What's the matter, Suho?"

He looked at her, his eyes longing to look at hers. "I've been waiting for ages for the right girl." He sighed. "I think I'll just give up and be alone..."

"Give up? You can't!" She exclaimed, shaking her head in disagreement. "Why'd you think of that?"

"Soo, I've been trying for a long time. I'm just boring," he sighed. He suddenly placed his hands under the table and searched for her hands. He held onto them tightly, leaning closely forward. So close, that their foreheads were almost touching. "Should I?"

"I think you shouldn't," she shook her head. "I don't think you're boring either. I think you're great and there's a girl out there probably waiting for you," she smiled, gently squeezing his hands. "Don't give up, okay?"

"Okay, I won't," he smiled back. "I'm glad you're here, Soo." He stared at something blankly, as if he's thinking, and returned his attention to her. "You know, I found a letter inside my locker, and it says that I talk too much to Yuri," he frowned. "I can't do anything about it! She's my best friend and my crush, and I think you know that, right?"

Crush. She pouted, thinking for a possible answer. "I guess it's something you should avoid from now on, Suho," she nodded. "I know you still like Yuri, but it's like you don't wanna open up to anyone else anymore, and she has someone as her boyfriend already," she frowned. "What about the other girls that like you? Won't you give yourself a chance to know them?"

His head hung low, sad and alone. "I don't really like Yuri anymore, since she didn't allow me to be with her anymore, which explains my mood awhile ago," he sighed. "I feel like everyone hates me now..."

"Don't think of that!" She patted his shoulder and smiled. "I think you're likeable. Believe me."

"Thanks for cheering me up, Soo. Now, we're BFFsx100," he laughed.

She nodded, laughing along with him. "Uh-huh, BFFsx100."

All of a sudden, he bursted out another topic. "You know, there was a girl I passed by at school awhile ago. I didn't know her completely, but I think I'll get to know her soon," he smiled, blushing a bit. "She had dark, long, brown hair. Her lips are light pink. She was pale like me, but I only saw her from the side. She was by the locker, fixing her things, and I think she's flawless."

"Really?" She smiled, her eyes widening a bit. "Who is it? Do I know her?"

"I wasn't able to read her nametag, but I think her name started with an 's'," he tilted his head. "Her eyes were as brown as yours. Just saying."

Her eyes are like mine? "S... S..." She tapped her chin. "There's Sunny Lee, Sica Jung, me, and Seohyun in our class. It could be any of the four of us," she laughed hard, making it a joke.

"No, not Sica. Not Seohyun. Definitely not Sunny," he shook his head at every girl that was mentioned. "Who was it again?" He scrunched his brows jokingly. "Try recalling what I said."

She repeated everything he said about the fantastic girl he saw. "She had dark, long, brown hair. Her lips are light pink. She was pale like me, but I only saw her from the side. She was by the locker, fixing her things, and I think she's flawless." Her eyes slowly began to open up, the balls of her eyes about to pop out. She hung her jaw wide as she asked, "Is the girl me?" She pointed at herself, grabbing the straw of the drink they ordered. She took a sip, waiting for an answer, but stopped when she accidentally burned her tongue. "OWW, OWW HOT!"

"Hey, be careful!" He said, getting the drink from her and placing it down on the table. His focused suddenly switched to her as he studied her from head to toe. Dark brown hair... Pink lips... Pale like me... High chance. He saw that she was about to drink again. He quickly leaned over, holding her fingers as he looked at them all the way to her pink, luscious lips while leaving her shocked. It's gotta be her. He looked at her, his eyes boring on hers as he said, "Sooyoung, it's you. You're her. The girl was you."

"W-what?" She gaped open, blushing crazily. "H-how come it's m-me...?"

He nodded, confirming his statement. "Yeah, you're the girl I saw awhile ago. You were by the lockers too, right?"

She nodded, but she still couldn't believe that the fantastic girl he was referring to was her.

"What do you say?" Her attention turned back to him as he was looking at her straightly. "Can I get to know you more? Or more like... Can I court you?"

She didn't know what to answer. She froze on her seat for a second then agreed afterwards. She leaned over and gave him a hug. "Never knew I'll be the girl for you."

He hugged back, her back gently. "I knew you're the one."


So, yeah.
I've finished the one shot.
Sorry for leaving you guys hanging. >_<"

Anyway, enjoy the 2Soo (I call them that, okai.) one shot. :)